The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck it, I looked at her facebook page. I'm so glad I did.

I realized that the rose-tinted glasses I was wearing are gone. She's decent looking, but not amazing. She's just a normal girl. I was keeping an idealized picture of her in my mind...but it's great to see that she doesn't live up to it.

At this point, I'm not even sure I'd bang her again. Awesome!

ricodragos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, now you will look everyday and will call her and **** .... been there, done that, felt like crap.

DONT LOOK AT HER FACEBOOK, NEVER, NEVER-EVER.... now you think that she is not that great, and u feel that ur in another league then her .... so you can get her anytime ... then u call and fail so bad, and feel so miserable and ****...

Trust me ... dont do that anymore, it dosnt matter if she looks like ****, just dont do it, allow yourself to heal, let the bit#h notice you..

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ricodragos said:
DONT LOOK AT HER FACEBOOK, NEVER, NEVER-EVER
This is a rule that needs to be held absolutely and completely, without exception.

ricodragos

Don Juan
Reaction score
U can try to get a girl, make some pictures with her, add them on facebook, and in the next 2days i assure u that your ex will notice and change her behaviour.

If she adds some picture with her+some guy, IT MEANS SHES JEALOUS, and tries to get back the power... by now u will realise that she is affected as much as u are and that my friends, its your closure :)

Worked for me... but i kinda did it in person(she saw me with some broad in my bed, epicness)

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ricodragos said:
U can try to get a girl, make some pictures with her, add them on facebook, and in the next 2days i assure u that your ex will notice and change her behaviour.

If she adds some picture with her+some guy, IT MEANS SHES JEALOUS, and tries to get back the power... by now u will realise that she is affected as much as u are and that my friends, its your closure :)

Worked for me... but i kinda did it in person(she saw me with some broad in my bed, epicness)
I'm glad that method worked for you. :up:

Personally, I don't care what my ex does at this point. I don't need to check up on what photos she's uploading or who she's with. I definitely don't feel the need for any of my actions to be influenced by her - like taking pictures with other girls to make my ex jealous. I know she will be jealous.

Instead, focusing on myself works better for me.

Repeat Offender

Reaction score
Well. She called me tonight. It was pretty nice. Just normal conversation. Not sure what it means and definitely not looking to far into it. I have been doing pretty well lately. Working out and have met a couple of girls. Things have been getting back to normal. I will keep y'all posted.

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Bond said:
EX: (paraphrased) Oh wow your facebook updates make it sound like you're so happy! How are you doing? How's life? :D blah blah blah!"
ME: I don't wanna be pen pals. If you want to hang out, contact me and I will decide what I want to do. Otherwise, good luck!
EX: wow, okay
ME: Okay, see ya!
She has contacted me since this conversation, but I ignored her messages. None of them said anything that directly led to meeting/sex. They were just "hey!" "How's it going?", etc.

So after a little more than two weeks...

EX: are you free anytime before the holiday? or after really...i'll be taking winter classes anyways
EX: you can say no..
EX: sorry to bother you
ME: Hey! I don't know my schedule yet! I'll think it over.
EX: that's all i can ask
ME: Okay, have an awesome night!
EX: you too, hope all is well with you

Ball is in my court. I ignored all her statuses and sh*t where she was definitely trying to bait me into messaging her. I didn't.

I'm going to continue focusing on my boot camp, self improvement, and the rest of my life. I'm going to be honest here, I will probably invite her over. But I'm making all the rules now. And they don't include serious dating. I have too many other women to meet, date, f*ck, etc.

My way or the highway.

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
Mr. Bond,
Keep us posted.
Sure.

My situation reminds me of something Style said in his book...to get a girl you must risk losing her.

I did something unconventional, and it was likely to lose her for good. But I didn't care - I knew I win either way.

Edit: Update....

Since this conversation with her, I keep thinking about her throughout the day. F*ck.

Last edited:

pira

Reaction score
my ex was chasing after this guy for 2 years but he didn't want her. so she stopped contacting him for at least 6 months and then we started seeing each other. we were together for 1.5 years, everything was going great she really wanted to be with me, and i know she cared so did i, until one day the guy contacts her and she went to see him(they saw each other every couple moths because of mutual friends but she told me all about this). This time she didn't tell me about it( she never lied to me before, i could easily tell when she was lying so she didn't even try) but i found out by "accident". she told me that she wants to give the guy another chance because if she doesn't she will never know (so i guess she wasn't over him). we broke up 5 weeks ago i contacted her couple times( no begging but i asked her to change her mind because she is going to regret this decision later in life, the guy is a f*ckup) and went to see her once because i thought i was ok but i wasn't after i saw her(we talked about our relationship,i told her i wanted to propose in February; i also asked why did this happen but no answer that makes sens), at first i ask her that maybe we should try again but she said no but she doesn't know what she is doing, one part of her says it was wrong because she was happy with me but another part wants to give that guy another shot. so i didn't contact her for couple days and then she texted me that she regrets this decision so much and is not happy with this guy, and she asked why i didn't fight for her. unfortunately i called her back after one day, she said that she is not as happy as she was with me so i asked again that maybe we should give us another shot, she answered no because she loves the guy.when i spoke to her it seemed like she was changing her mind every 10 seconds. she said that she loved me and was very happy with me but maybe things will be even better with that guy then she said she will break up with him and stay single then that we shouldn't talk anymore because it is not helping. ? . i know she compares that guy to me and is not 100% happy. after that i didn't contact her again until one day she sent me these love songs. so stupid me called her back again, and ask whats the deal with the songs so she said that she sent them by accident (not true), this time i didn't ask for another shot but i told her that i'm ok with the break up and with her being with another guy( not true, i want her back).she seems to be upset with me now. is it too late to apply and actually stick to no contact rule? do i still have a chance or should i just let it go? or maybe i was just a rebound? any advices?

Last edited:

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 1 (again)

We met 8.5 years ago. We just happened to be on the same beach in FL. Instant connection. Kissed, held hands. Couldn't date because we lived in 2 different states. We kept in touch for the next 4 years. Had romantic conversations. She threw out hints that I should check out grad schools near where she lived. I wasn't happy where I was living and nothing was keeping me there, so I figured I'd check it out. I found a job right away and decided to take it. It seemed like fate, the way we met and how everything fell into place so easily. I built a house and we remained friends for another year after moving here.

It was obvious that she had feelings for me because she would get jealous when I would spend time with other people (especially if she thought I might have an interest in them), but she would tell me she didn't want to date me...so I would painfully listen to her stories of each person she dated, because that is what a good friend would do. Soon, the pain became too much. I couldn't be just her friend because I was in love with her, so I walked away. I began talking to other people and eventually started dating someone casually.

In no time at all, she was doing everything she could to show me that she wanted to be with me. Not long after, we started dating. We were together 2 years before she moved in, and when she moved in, things fell apart. I am a very clean person, but she is over the top clean and it has proven detrimental to her relationships time and time again. After a year (at this point it had been 8 years since we met) of nitpicking and nagging, I told her we needed to live separate and I broke up with her. Not because I didn't love her, but because I had a lot of stress with work/school and I needed to come home to a positive environment. I was relieved at first. I started hanging out with someone else. I liked not coming home and feeling like I HAD to clean or do whatever. I enjoyed the break.

We talked almost daily, but then we started fighting because she didn't like me hanging out with other people and she would get mad at me about it....and then it seemed that she was hanging out with a bunch of new people that she just met and doing all of the same things with them that she did with me...it was hurtful. I thought she was doing it to try to make me jealous and it worked, but I tried my hardest not to show her.

Over time (a couple months maybe), I apologized for hurting her and for anything I did to contribute to our breaking up. This was difficult for me, because I knew it gave her the power to decide what our next step would be. She was upset with me for taking the break that I took when we first broke up and thought that meant that I didn't care about her (or at least that is what she has said). I've told her that I love her and let's work on the things that we were struggling with, but things don't seem to be getting any better.

She invites me over, is all affectionate with me, tells me she loves me, calls me every morning to say good morning and does the same at night...but then when she wants to do something without me, she starts yelling and telling me that I broke up with her and that she is single and she can do whatever she wants and that she just wants to be friends. Her actions when she is around me don't say that at all. She says she wants a friendship but she can't be friends, because she gets upset every time I want to do something with someone else. I know she has feelings and so do I. They feel the same.

I am so confused. I told her that we weren't "friends" and told her to leave me alone. I have done this twice since we broke up over the summer. Once, it lasted a week and once it lasted a month. It seems that if I tell her not to contact me, then she never will, but if I don't specifically say that, she will say hi to me every day to let me know she is thinking of me. I tried to start NC again last night, but then she called me 15 times this mornign and also text me and emailed me a few times too. I emailed her and I told her to leave me alone. I haven't heard from her since.

Sad thing is, I don't want her to leave me alone. I just can't stick around while she is confused because what she is doing is pulling me in and then pushing me away over and over again. It hurts too much. I'll be honest, I am doing this because I hope it will bring her back to me and give her time to think about things and to maybe miss me. This time, I really want to do NC successfully. I need to know if she is thinking about me and if she misses me and if she will try to reach out to me....

Lost and SOOOOO confused. :(

Any advice? Please don't be sarcastic or tell me I am a loser, etc. I am looking for sincere good-hearted advice.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
My story is pretty long, don't really feel like writing it right now. Maybe down the road. I want to join this thread as a journal to myself for the No Contact thing. Day#2

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost123, I think you need to find a new girl broham. I understand how much it hurts to end a long term relationship, but sticking around will let this girl drag you down. There is no hope of reviving this relationship. You have proven that after many attempts. The nagging, OCD cleanliness, etc that limited your relationship in the past will always be there.

You have a chance now to break this off cleanly and move on. The alternative is to let this sputter on for another agonizing year, getting together and breaking up, before realizing with finality that it is doomed. NC is used to get over someone, not to get them back. In a couple months time, you will be back on your feet, but you have to choose to let yourself heal.

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 1

dap said:
Lost123, I think you need to find a new girl broham. I understand how much it hurts to end a long term relationship, but sticking around will let this girl drag you down. There is no hope of reviving this relationship. You have proven that after many attempts. The nagging, OCD cleanliness, etc that limited your relationship in the past will always be there.

You have a chance now to break this off cleanly and move on. The alternative is to let this sputter on for another agonizing year, getting together and breaking up, before realizing with finality that it is doomed. NC is used to get over someone, not to get them back. In a couple months time, you will be back on your feet, but you have to choose to let yourself heal.
Thanks Dap. I value your input. Thank you. I forgot to mention that lately she has been telling me that she isn't sure what she wants. She tells me that she loves me and cares about me (and acts like it the majority of the time) but she also tells me that she isn't sure if she wants to be back in a relationship because (1) she is afraid and (2) the problems that were there before are still there. Sounds weird coming from her...because her actions are what caused me to break up with her to begin with. I told her I would be by her side and work these things out together while she/we go to therapy or whatever we need to do, because the rest of our relationship was great....but that hasn't gone anywhere. She said that after she spends a week or so with me, that she starts to feel overwhelmed because she feels like we are getting too close again...and she doesn't want to be back in the relationship yet...not until we work out some things...but I haven't asked to be back in a relationship. All I am trying to do is work some things out, no matter how long that takes. I don't know why she would act like she loves me all week and tell me she loves me and kiss me, etc., but then when things get too serious, she gets scared and tells me she just wants a friendship, but then she does the whole thing all over again the following week. I keep thinking we can move past that part, but I don't know when or how.

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read my signature. If she wanted you she wouldn't deliberately confuse you. I'm sure you have had a girl really want you in the past, and it has been clear as day. They make you their plan A and would move mountains to be with you.

You need to fully commit to letting this relationship go. I sense that you are still trying to ride the fence; ready to "work through it or whatever it takes" if she agrees to give you another chance. The truth is this relationship has already ended. I don't know when. Could have been weeks or months ago. The sooner you come to terms with that the better.

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 2

Last night and this morning were rough. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I was trying to go through my phone and delete her text messages and I resent one of them accidentally. She responded like "huh?" because the message didn't make any sense out of context. I didn't respond. I felt good about it, but then I cried myself to sleep and I woke up this morning feeling even worse than I did when I went to bed. I could barely get up. This is aweful. NC sucks! I almost sent her a song this morning. I typed on here instead. It helps to go back and look at this forum to remind myself of why I am on here to begin with.

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 2

34. I don't see how that is relevant. People feel pain and deal with breakups in different ways.

ricodragos

Don Juan
Reaction score
u seem like a known man Sosuave666. Let me ask u a queston:
I was in 20th day of nc ... and i broke it, i stumble upon a point .. i shouldve crossed it, but i couldnt, anyway i checked her facebook, nothing to see there ... but after that i got curios and went from thinking of her once per day ... to thinking of her once per hour..

Anyways going nc again .. hopefully this time i wont cave to that point... my queston for u is: Should i wish her happy birthday(15dec)? obviously i still care, i still want her to reach out JUST TO IGNORE HER ... maybe wishing her hb bring some memories to her? how should i make her cave in and reach out just to feed my ego?

I know, this is lame and ****, but i want to try this way to .... maybe can go on with my life knowing this BPD is still thinking about me...

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ricodragos said:
u seem like a known man Sosuave666. Let me ask u a queston:
I was in 20th day of nc ... and i broke it, i stumble upon a point .. i shouldve crossed it, but i couldnt, anyway i checked her facebook, nothing to see there ... but after that i got curios and went from thinking of her once per day ... to thinking of her once per hour..

Anyways going nc again .. hopefully this time i wont cave to that point... my queston for u is: Should i wish her happy birthday(15dec)? obviously i still care, i still want her to reach out JUST TO IGNORE HER ... maybe wishing her hb bring some memories to her? how should i make her cave in and reach out just to feed my ego?

I know, this is lame and ****, but i want to try this way to .... maybe can go on with my life knowing this BPD is still thinking about me...
NO CONTACT

its the only way.

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 4

It's only day 4 and it feels like it has been at least a month. Looked at a few pics today. Still NC, just wondering what she is doing, while I am sitting at home, without anything to do. :(