The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't fuucking look at her pics. Why aren't you at the gym? Or meeting new people? Or working on your career? Or chillin with your friends? Or doing what you are passionate about?

Edit: I want you to know that I sympathize with you, I know this hurts. But doing the above is the best thing and will help you move forward. Trust me.

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ricodragos said:
Should i wish her happy birthday(15dec)? obviously i still care, i still want her to reach out JUST TO IGNORE HER ... maybe wishing her hb bring some memories to her? how should i make her cave in and reach out just to feed my ego?

I know, this is lame and shiit, but i want to try this way to .... maybe can go on with my life knowing this BPD is still thinking about me...
Of course you dont fuccking wish her happy birthday. You want to do this so you can "feed your ego"? That is the problem: your feelings of self worth shouldn't depend on what she thinks. The only way to get to this point is to continue with NC.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my nc challenge will start at 12 tonight, with three girls

I contact two today, the other I haven't talked to since yesterday

so whats the best way to do nc,is it to even ignore if they text or call no contact at all right?

Dueces

Reaction score
DAY 1...

So I need an assessment of the situation because currently like most people here I have made some critical mistakes..

I have been dating this girl for a year and a half, to me she seems like the one and for a time she was made it clear i was too.. our personalities matched on every level and being around each other was just easy no effort.. I was stunned as far as looks go this chick was smoking hot and she was mine...

anyways up until a few months ago things were sweet but i let the realtionship drift and it wasnt as easy as it started.. we continued like this as we had a pretty stong bond together and loved out time together.. the real killer came from my part when her 2 friends who had left the country showed back in town. Her 2 friends who are big party animals and "maneaters" began taking her out clubbing more regualrly.. and at first i didnt think much of it as she hadnt spent much time with her friends..

her initally replies after coming home were im so tired and i really dont get why people going clubbing... i let it slip i figured shes missed her friends why not let her hang out with them...as the weeks dragged the clubbin nights became more frequent, she wanted more and more "girls nights" and her whole attitude to the nights out changed... i figured again something may be fishy but hey these are her friends...

so then thats where it all come to an end, one night she got a phone call in the middle of the night from a guy whom she met whilst out...now she swears it was nothing just someone she met and wanted to be friends with as they share mutual friends...obviously through my hurt and jealousy an argument broke out... the next day the inevitable happend.. she hit me with LJBF and "she needs space", but after she clears her head shes sure well get back together but said she did not want to give me false hopes...

intially i figured what the hell im a good dude shell know what she had soon enough but thats when it all fell apart.. after having a couple days of NC i caved and i began with AFC... i pushed hopelessly, poured out my heart like a fool as like a rookie i assumed if i showed her that im ready for her she would somehow regret her decision... after her txts became more and more cold i realised the harsh reality i was pushing to hard and forcing her away...she now goes out more often then before...

i have now found out that she openly chats to guys in clubs and on a social network site but she is strictly looking for "friends" and nothing serious as she is not ready for another relationship. she has also told me that she has moved on from but she appreciates everything i have done for her..which was alot...and she would like to be friends but not right now she needs NC for a while... this is where i have left it as of this morning i simply replied " thanks for everything, i too need my space from you, and although it dont mean i dont care what happens for you, this is goodbye for now, you have chosen to be apart and i need to learn to live without you."...her reply was " ok thanks your the best..take care"...

i know i need NC for sure but heres a couple things i need advice on..1. she has a couple of my belonginings which are quiet valuable and at some stage i would like back, how do i go about it... 2. if down the track she does msg me, do i abandon ship as i have already gone down the AFC path and blew it.. 3. she moved in with her friends but when i last left i still noticed all our pictures of being together are still up on the wall...4. she has not removed any pics of us together from facebook, do i a) delete her for a period now that i am weak... b) remove the pics of us together...c) do nothing let it simmer...

any tips will be helpful...and i would prefer brutal honesty as i think i need a tough reality check as i do not want to slip back into the love sick fool who couldnt stand on his own 2 feet again..

Last edited:

toughguy7

Reaction score
Try and get your belongings back immediately and after that you should have no business with her whatsoever. Delete her from fb, phone, IM-s. Delete all her pics you have of her, throw away or hide everything that reminds you of her. Now the grieving begins. For you, she's dead now, she doesn't exist anymore. If you see her...that's not really the girl you loved. She only looks like her. She's a different person inside. It's over.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't spoken to him in months. Problem is, I still feel the same way. Still have very strong feelings for him and I want to get back together. He agreed to speak to me in person on the 15th, so I guess I'm going to lay my heart out and see what happens.

I know that I deserve better. I know I wasn't treated right.

He fixed some areas of his life. Got his own place. Started working. He's trying to get into grad school now. Basically, did everything I was pushing for him to do before he dumped me. I never doubted him, and would have stood by his side even if he didn't accomplish those things, but I guess he felt so insecure about it all that he somehow became convinced I was going to dump him.

I'm pretty torn up; because I have no idea what will happen. Will he give us another chance? Will he turn me down? (At least if he turns me down in person this time, maybe I can move on easier). At least he's agreed to talk to me. I want to leave the decision up to him, but at least let him know how I feel.

I want to have a fresh start with him. I wouldn't guilt him, or try to hurt him for revenge, nothing. I really just want to be happy with him.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
my nc challenge will start at 12 tonight, with three girls

I contact two today, the other I haven't talked to since yesterday

so whats the best way to do nc,is it to even ignore if they text or call no contact at all right?
Read the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
Haven't spoken to him in months. Problem is, I still feel the same way. Still have very strong feelings for him and I want to get back together. He agreed to speak to me in person on the 15th, so I guess I'm going to lay my heart out and see what happens.NO.NO.NO. Do NOT share your feelings. You shouldn't even bother going to see him.

I know that I deserve better. I know I wasn't treated right.this should be the only thing you remember on the case now

He fixed some areas of his life. Got his own place. Started working. He's trying to get into grad school now. Basically, did everything I was pushing for him to do before he dumped me. I never doubted him, and would have stood by his side even if he didn't accomplish those things, but I guess he felt so insecure about it all that he somehow became convinced I was going to dump him. He probably just wanted to do it in his own time without being nagged.

I'm pretty torn up; because I have no idea what will happen. Will he give us another chance? Will he turn me down? (At least if he turns me down in person this time, maybe I can move on easier). At least he's agreed to talk to me. I want to leave the decision up to him, but at least let him know how I feel.NoNoNoNoNo

I want to have a fresh start with him. I wouldn't guilt him, or try to hurt him for revenge, nothing. I really just want to be happy with him.No longer possible.
Thoughts in red.

You shouldnt have broken the NC though. All this has done is put you back to day 1. The relationship is over already, you understand? I have been on the other end of this stick and I know you are setting yourself up to get hurt more and more, over and over.

No Contact, and move on.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rationally speaking I know my decision to speak to him is poor. However emotionally I still am devoted to the relationship. Maybe being hurt again is what it will take for me to move on.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
rationally speaking I know my decision to speak to him is poor. However emotionally I still am devoted to the relationship. Maybe being hurt again is what it will take for me to move on.
If you want to end up as a broken person, untrusting, insecure and relying on others for your happiness rather than being able to be happy by yourself and find somebody who makes you even more happy when you're with them? then carry on.

Life is all about you and your decisions. I just wanted to have you reconsider this one.:nervous:

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am actually doing pretty well for myself...all things considered. Got into optometry school...been doing well in school, making New friends, getting really involved with swing. I am a happy person. I went on a few dates as well. But the thing is, I still feel attracted to him plus there was a really strong connection.
I have not spoken to him in four months. If he turns me down...at least this time it will be in person.

Shockwavedave

Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
I am actually doing pretty well for myself...all things considered. Got into optometry school...been doing well in school, making New friends, getting really involved with swing. I am a happy person. I went on a few dates as well. But the thing is, I still feel attracted to him plus there was a really strong connection.
I have not spoken to him in four months. If he turns me down...at least this time it will be in person.

Save yourself the heartbreak and don't meet with him. It simply won't do you any good

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Close to 2 weeks now, deleted her number, deleted her off Facebook, which she seems pretty angry/upset about (It's only FB ffs, why do people take it so seriously).
Pretty sure I'll run into her some time in the future, but right now I'm working on myself and trying to bring back the person that attracted her in the first place. Back then I was cool, didn't bow down to this girl, was different and fun and that's why I attracted this woman. But then I turned desperate and threw what I wanted out the window to try and be the kind of person that I thought she wanted. That kind of behaviour is just embarassing and showed no respect to myself, thus I got treated with no respect.

So right now, it's no women for me. But just focussing on my life, how I can recultivate the cool guy inside and getting back to a position when/if I see oneitis I can just say "Hi", be cool and not be sucked right back in.

moon goddess

Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
Wow. You should have never broken NC. You are giving him the opportunity to hurt you again. :(

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 7

It's been a week. She emailed me today to say that she hopes I am doing well. I didn't respond. It was tough. I thought I would never hear from her (at least not for a long time).

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally ending things on my terms. I don't owe an explanation about why I don't want to be just friends. Her contact at this point is out of pity. I'm done with it. I don't care what happens. Anger and indifference are taking over and I don't want the constant reminder of what I want and can't have. She isn't the same person I loved and the relationship was never a reality. Done.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:up:
GADavid said:
Finally ending things on my terms. I don't owe an explanation about why I don't want to be just friends. Her contact at this point is out of pity. I'm done with it. I don't care what happens. Anger and indifference are taking over and I don't want the constant reminder of what I want and can't have. She isn't the same person I loved and the relationship was never a reality. Done.
Don't be angry, just take it as one of life's lessons.

NEXT!!

Lost123

Reaction score
Day 8

Mauser96 -
My goal is to have peace. I can't live with her. I can't live without her, BUT I know being without her is what is best for me. That is why I have chosen NC. Yesterday, I got an email. Today I got a Christmas card with a short letter written inside. It is difficult to do NC, but I am doing it, because I NEED to do it for ME. Too much of this has been about her already. I wish her well, but I wish for myself to have peace. No more heartache, no more arguing, no more controlling behaviors. Just me and my happiness. That is what I care most about right now.

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnnyStorm said:
Close to 2 weeks now, deleted her number, deleted her off Facebook, which she seems pretty angry/upset about (It's only FB ffs, why do people take it so seriously).
Women take that sort of thing very seriously. They never quite understand why they need to be deleted, at least for the time being. They see it as some act done out of spite rather than you doing what you need to do to move on (how can it possiby NOT be about them!!! :rolleyes: )

ivvan

Reaction score
hmm so guys quick question here:
if you break NC after lets say a month - does it mean it is over?
She played a game on me just to lure me out of no contact zone - and I failed. But at least I had one isnsight - she was mad tat I didn't contacted her (all her ex guys do;P)

so is it over? I don't feel any urge to contact her, just wanna know...

BTW the game she played just proved me again how selfish and foolish they are:)