Does EVERY pretty girl have a boyfriend?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow... just wow...

begin sarcasm

I'll tell you a great secret about life. All attractive women are TAKEN and YOU must FIGHT for the scraps that are leftover by people that have all the taken women.

end sarcasm

comic_relief

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
wow... just wow...

begin sarcasm

I'll tell you a great secret about life. All attractive women are TAKEN and YOU must FIGHT for the scraps that are leftover by people that have all the taken women.

end sarcasm

comic_relief
I already tried that.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score

One of my best female friends from high school is a 27-year-old kindergarten teacher. She's nice, she's fun, and she's been consistently single for at least three or four years now.

Click here

Damn, my type of chick! Not too good-looking where she will be getting stared at and hit on 24/7, but a definite 7.5 cute girl next door type. It is surprising she is single.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
I started back to university this past August, and I've met quite a few people there. There are quite a few friendly, nice-looking girls in my classes, and while many of them are married or engaged (based on left-hand rings), off the top of my head I can think of several that are single.
left handed rings should just be ignored if the girls wearing them look young. If you see a 28-30 year old with a ring I would stay away but most girls nowadays wear left handed rings to ****-block/fashion wise. If you go to community college where most are in the 18-22 age range you should just ignore left handed rings and approach (unless she is the odd 28-30 year old in the classroom). In a university where the girls are older you might take more precaution if the girl looks 28-30. Just don't fall into the notion of believing so many girls you see are married because they aren't.

Maybe im contradicting myself since i don't approach girls with rings on the left hand wedding finger, unless the ring they are wearing is a fashion ring and not the classic wedding band. Mostly I just take into consideration their age. If they look my age or younger and I see a ring on their finger they are bull_____ you.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:

One of my best female friends from high school is a 27-year-old kindergarten teacher. She's nice, she's fun, and she's been consistently single for at least three or four years now.

Click here

Damn, my type of chick! Not too good-looking where she will be getting stared at and hit on 24/7, but a definite 7.5 cute girl next door type. It is surprising she is single.

Thats this girl right? Yeah she's cute. The lip ring would scare me away but thats definitely not a reason for her to be single. Now is she actively trying to stay single or does she not get approached often enough. Or is she waiting for a certain type of guy?

My point is that there has to be a definite reason as to why an attractive women is single. Odds are it's not because she can't get anybody.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
left handed rings should just be ignored if the girls wearing them look young. If you see a 28-30 year old with a ring I would stay away but most girls nowadays wear left handed rings to ****-block/fashion wise. If you go to community college where most are in the 18-22 age range you should just ignore left handed rings and approach (unless she is the odd 28-30 year old in the classroom). In a university where the girls are older you might take more precaution if the girl looks 28-30. Just don't fall into the notion of believing so many girls you see are married because they aren't.
I go to a regular four-year and graduate university.

Maybe im contradicting myself since i don't approach girls with rings on the left hand wedding finger, unless the ring they are wearing is a fashion ring and not the classic wedding band. Mostly I just take into consideration their age. If they look my age or younger and I see a ring on their finger they are bull_____ you.
I can tell the difference between wedding/engagement rings and regular "fashion" rings.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Thats this girl right? Yeah she's cute. The lip ring would scare me away but thats definitely not a reason for her to be single. Now is she actively trying to stay single or does she not get approached often enough. Or is she waiting for a certain type of guy?

My point is that there has to be a definite reason as to why an attractive women is single. Odds are it's not because she can't get anybody.
No, it's this one.

Click here

As for why she's still single, I have no idea. She's not trying to stay single. Part of it is probably that she works with kids all day, so she's not meeting a lot of guys her age at work. Also, when she goes out, she's usually with one or two of her female friends, so maybe guys are afraid to approach because of that. I don't get into it that much with her.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
--
Not for nothing, but I thought Tara was cuter than April. But that's just me.
-
--

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
-
--
Not for nothing, but I thought Tara was cuter than April. But that's just me.
-
--
And....?

Reaction score
Maxtro said:
So you think my numbers are too high? Or I'm missing the sarcasm or your standards are too high :p
I'm not being sarcastic, my only standard is her look. Yes, your nunbers are extremely high!! But, to each his own.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
And nothing. Sorry, but there ARE pics getting posted, and discussions over who's available and who's cute, and who's a b*tch, and who's not, and who's a "nice girl," and all this other stuff.

And I just thought I'd chime in (in SPITE of the lip ring, that Tara girl IS "more" cute....)

Sorry if I offend. But it was put up out there.

Though, April looks more like one I'd end up with. For the evening.

I'll stay out of this one now. Sorry again.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
No, it's this one.

Click here

As for why she's still single, I have no idea. She's not trying to stay single. Part of it is probably that she works with kids all day, so she's not meeting a lot of guys her age at work. Also, when she goes out, she's usually with one or two of her female friends, so maybe guys are afraid to approach because of that. I don't get into it that much with her.
This is simple. She's single because she's stuckup and won't settle for what comes her way. That's why she's on some corny band's page. She wants to date a "celebrity". It just reinforces what some of us said. She's overpriced and overvalued. She could get a perfectly fine BF within a week if she wanted to, more than one.

I'llassume and go as far to say that she has a constant ice shield scaring guys away and when guys ignore it anyway and she gets approached she's still not receptive. Besides, how well do you know her business anyway? She could be fvck from that 10% of guys, band guys, whatever and you wouldn't know.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl here chirping in...

Ok, I am the furthest thing from conceited...but I do have a fair amount of confidence (took me a long time to get it), and I can say that I'm a SINGLE attractive woman at the age of 28. Have been for three years, although in that time I have been with a FWB until recently.

Now this isn't what *I* think, but all my guy friends tell me any guy would be lucky to have me. They say I'm smart, funny, very attractive, good head on my shoulders. I've been told so many times that I'm "one of a kind", but these are the same guys who won't date me themselves.

Why???? Because I AM ONE OF THE GUYS. I hate it, but that's who I am and I guess that makes me undateable. I LOVE sports, play pool, fish and bait my own hook..haha. Drink a pint of 5, play vids with the best of them, watch UFC. But I still do "girly" things like every other woman..so I dont get it. I really dont get it but my other single gal friends are the same as me..just a smalltown girl who is low maintenance...and admit it, guys fall for the high maintenace..more of a challenge.

Geezus, does that sound like a dating ad or what?? Didnt mean it to be, trust me I've been lurking here a damn long time and not sure I'd date any of you all that play these little games with women because I am sick of the games. Guess thats why I'm single also.. ah well.

Anyway, just letting you know that women my age who are single dont necessarily have baggage or problems, or are picky. We just have not met that right guy yet unfortunately.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
She's single because she's stuckup and won't settle for what comes her way. She could get a perfectly fine BF within a week if she wanted to, more than one.
Oh, don't be so inflammatory as to say such things about people you don't know. Just take what Gio said at face value: She's not trying to stay single. He knows her and you don't. There are exceptions to every rule.

I'm sure Gio has plenty of anecdotal examples of nice, normal single women. Just like I have loads of examples of a smart, friendly, beautiful women I got along with, who had children fathered by some serial cheater she met in 11th grade English class.

All I was saying is that, anecdotes aside, the facts are clear: if you want a non-obese woman who's not raising a child, you will be competing with roughly 2 non-obese men who aren't raising children. Since the ratio isn't all fine and dandy, the competition will naturally have a spoiling effect on relationships in general, since one side has a bit too much leverage. I believe these are the facts. And I believe that sometimes improving your game isn't enough. Sometimes the solution involves moving to where things are less skewed. Finally, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that identifying a problem and presenting a solution is not the same as whining.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, don't be so inflammatory as to say such things about people you don't know. Just take what Gio said at face value: She's not trying to stay single. He knows her and you don't. There are exceptions to every rule.
Then why is she on some corny band's site? That's very strong evidence of her character. And I can guarantee that I could take her out and find within a week over a 100 "quality", handsome, successful guys she could at least go out with. Why would I accept what Gio said at face value, when a lifetime of experience has shown me that attractive women can have a relationship anytime they want, unless no one is "good" enough for them? I need more evidence than a claim that some girl says she wants a relationship or xyz but can't find it. I need evidence like this: "I went out with her for over a year, and no guys even approached her" or something to that effect. But just repeating a female friend's claim, "I can't find a decent guy.." is about as worthless as everything else women say.

Well I agree with the rest of your post..

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need evidence like this: "I went out with her for over a year, and no guys even approached her" or something to that effect. But just repeating a female friend's claim, "I can't find a decent guy.." is about as worthless as everything else women say.
Heh, I see what you mean. I did know at least one woman (lived in another city) who couldn't find a decent guy, so I said "you know that Ipod and those sunglasses you wear absolutely everywhere? Why don't you try not doing that?" She argued that she doesn't want to talk to people on the street since they tend to be "creepy", but do you really want to limit all your relationships to people you work with? Don't know if she ever followed my advice.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
This is simple. She's single because she's stuckup and won't settle for what comes her way. That's why she's on some corny band's page. She wants to date a "celebrity". It just reinforces what some of us said. She's overpriced and overvalued. She could get a perfectly fine BF within a week if she wanted to, more than one.
I think you've demonstrated pretty well why you're having problems. You make assumptions based on "facts not in evidence", or you draw completely wrong conclusions based on what facts you ARE aware of.

You say she's single because she's stuck up, but she isn't stuck up.

You base that assumption on the fact that she's on a band's web site, but she's on that site because she liked the band and put them on her MySpace page. The band picks a new chick from their MySpace friends every week that they consider "hot".

I'llassume and go as far to say that she has a constant ice shield scaring guys away and when guys ignore it anyway and she gets approached she's still not receptive.
Again, assuming facts not in evidence.

Besides, how well do you know her business anyway? She could be fvck from that 10% of guys, band guys, whatever and you wouldn't know.
I don't follow her around all day, but she does complain about not having a boyfriend/dates for stuff, etc.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of guys on this thread are talking about "Every girl has a boyfriend, there are no decent women to date". In my opinion, this is just a bunch of guys who are using that as an excuse not to approach women. It's part of that internal dialog that guys use because they are afraid of asking a woman out, that little voice that says, "Don't bother, any girl you would want to date is already taken."

Then, when you point out that there are decent girls out there who are NOT taken, that little voice is like, "Uhhh, oh yeah? Well, she's only single because she's a frigid stuck-up b*tch." That's interesting to me, because I think it reveals a lot about the kinds of problems you're having. That little voice in the back of your head is c&ck-blocking you. He's sitting back there giving you a pessimistic, negative, defeatist attitude about girls you don't even know.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that for the most part they'll be taken, but that's just how it is. At some point you have to bite the bullet and ignore it because most guys will always be "branches" for women. Even the ones who aren't "hot" do it, either they're with some dude(s) that's just a standby (so they can say they're single but can't find anybody) or they'll simply be with a guy until they latch onto someone else they feel is more valuable.

Hell, even guys do this, but women who do it are by far the majority.