Do You Have to Be Good Looking to Attract Women?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
No, you do not NEED to look GOOD to attract women.

But looking BAD is a surefire way to REPEL them.

And looking good helps. A LOT.

Like the saying goes, "Beauty is only skin-deep, but ugliness goes straight to the bone".

Do the best you can with what you've got. If you don't have enough self-value to take care of yourself, how do you expect anyone else to value you?

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
The distinction between good looking and attractive is an important one to note. Yes, looks can certainly help, but it's 100% possible to be good looking and still be unattractive to women just as the opposite can be true. Game trumps looks...to an extent. Being good looking can also affect the baseline level of game you need in respect to the women you're approaching. Joe Nobody will need to bring his A game if he's dealing with a model, but not so much if he's scraping the bottom of the barrel. Now if Joe Nobody has model quality looks of his own, then his bottom of the barrel girls might be someone elses 7s or 8s and those 10s might not need the same level of game a fat short chump might require (assuming we're not talking about a Marissa Tomie/George Costanza situation).
You get it, bro... keep it up!

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
Well said. Even if looks DID matter, so what? What changes? Are these guys really going to get plastic surgery? If that's the case, you have much more serious issues than getting girls.
Yes, but there is a difference between knowing that "I am ugly, this is a hot girl and she will probably not like me, she has got better options" and believing that "damn! she looks just like the one that would look good with me. i m attractive and i was waiting for someone just like this."

You get my point??

Thundernuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
kingsam said:
slightly misguiding

it may help , but really not necessary, mindset and attitude is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT

its not (this is what too many people on SS seen to think)
buffbody = women

rather
buff body = shift in attitude = more chances
lots of things can give you the right attitude

Got to agree here, it is possible to be built and still not get women, i mean hell ive seen plenty of scrawny and chunky guys(not obese, but not skinny) with great looking women. If you get buffed out i see two positive outcomes

1. You hookup with a girl who is turned on by muscles
2. You gain alot mroe self confidence

Both of these definately work for you, only negative thing is if you cross the boundary from tone to terminator some women are going to turn you down, again attitude is important.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again, from the top,...

Game is just as necessary as maintaining a good physique.

The problem is with people who can only think in absolutes. It's always an either-or proposition; Game trumps physique or physique trumps game is horsesh!t. They're both important and play of each other. There are plenty of average looking guys who pull tail thanks to game in spite of their looks, and there are also good looking guys who pull tail without ever hearing what game is. But wouldn't you rather be the guy with both? The guy who can pull women without covering personal deficits?

Changing yourself takes effort. The greatest obstacle in change is the first one; recognizing and accepting that you need to change. This is where AFCs and beta males chomp at the bit because they've been told for the better part of a lifetime to "just be themselves" and everything will go according to fate's plan. Then for whatever reason they unplug from the Matrix enough to realize that they've been sold a bill of goods and that personal change is necessary for them. They need to change their lifestyle, change their attitudes, change their outlook, change their minds about themselves and yes, change their physiques too.

But change takes effort and people are lazy. They want the quick fix; the magic pill that makes them happy, successful and sexually irresistible. So they flock to guys selling the best program that promises all that for a minimum of effort. Game requires practiced effort, but it requires FAR less physical effort than improving one's body, and it's especially daunting for guys unaccustomed to working out. It takes time, energy, dedication commensurate with how out shape that guy is to begin with. There's not a fat guy on planet earth who wouldn't love to be told that he can still hook up with 8's and 9's in spite of his obesity.

Consider that 66% of people in western society are overweight (33% are morbidly obese). So it stands to reason that 2/3rds of the guys seeking out change are going to be struggling with obesity from the outset. Now also consider the preferred belief among guys that looks, at least, matter less than personality, Game, etc. in female attraction. This is NOT a coincidence. For these guys it takes more effort to change their bodies than to change their minds.

Now consider this, there are countless "chubby chaser" websites dedicated to catering to this particular "fetish" for men, but not a single one exists for women, why?. By that I mean there is a percentage in society of otherwise average, fit men seeking out obese women, yet the standard for ideal masculinity seems to remain constant for females by the lack of "fetishes" for obese males. There is such a demand in society by men seeking fat women that businesses have been developed in order meet it, but there is no similar demand on the part of fit women (or one not sufficient enough to register) seeking overweight men. Why do you suppose this is? There has never been a "rubenesque" period for Men - where overweight men were consider the feminine ideal - in history. A muscular athletic build has ALWAYS been the masculine standard.

Here's an experiment for you; create two identical dating profiles on plentyoffish.com or something similar. Use different fictitious names. On one profile include (believable) photos that show you as being obviously overweight - shirt off showing some flab, in a suit, face shot, etc. and be sure to check the "more to love" box next to body type description. On the second include (again believable) picts of "you" in shape with the obligatory "washboard abs in the bathroom mirror" picture, shirt off, in a suit, face, dressed nice, dressed casual, etc. and indicate an "athletic build" in the body type box.

Which of these two "yous" do you think will generate the most responses?

Yes, Game is vitally important, as is root level, dynamic personal change. I don't think I need to explain just how important this is - just look at any of my posts for the last 6 years. However, looks COUNT, looks MATTER. What I find amazingly ironic is that looks are one of the few areas of change that a Man has DIRECT control over - his body. Barring physical disabilities, you have no excuse not to be in better shape. Why wouldn't you want the full package? Stop being so Goddamned lazy and accept that you'll need to exert some effort and sweat to make yourself more attractive. Game and a positive-masculine DJ mindset are vital elements for your attractiveness and well being, but they WONT make you look any better with your shirt off.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get buffed out i see two positive outcomes
1. You hookup with a girl who is turned on by muscles
2. You gain alot mroe self confidence
Here's my question: Why does building muscle result in gained confidence? I know that it does, but why? Is it the testosterone? Thinking you could win a fight easier? Thinking you look better? That you've accomplished something you set out to do? All of the above, I guess.

Consider that 66% of people in western society are overweight (33% are morbidly obese). So it stands to reason that 2/3rds of the guys seeking out change are going to be struggling with obesity from the outset
66% of people in the West are overweight. But most guys here are wanting to bulk up, they say they're too skinny. Probably because most guys here are younger is all I can figure.

It does take a lot of effort to work out and build muscle, but I bet there are a lot of guys here who find the "game" part with its social calibrations and anxieties far more difficult than merely working out. Working out for the most part just takes sheer will. Game requires you to think on your feet.

TIC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its very simple to me.

Ask yourselves an honest question: Have you ever seen a fat/ugly guy with a hot girl? Even a 7? I have not. Its so rare that it isn't feasible to aspire too

When I see couples, they are 90% of the time on the same or near level attraction wise, with the female pulling a better looking guy because of how high value puss*y is in the sexual marketplace currently.

6 females have 7-9 guys

7 females usually pull 8-9 guys.

8s pull 9/10 guys usually

9s and up only are seen with the best looking guys

This is what I see daily from couples. The movie theaters, cafes, walking down the street, my college campus.

Looks matter. To say looks isn't of the utmost importance is to ignore what you see every single goddam day. Just walk outside tomorrow and tell me what you see.

PUA material has merit, but ultimately, no amount of game will help a guy that looks like Ron Jeremy. He may not even be friend zoned.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Aw, Goddammit! Looks help a lot!

The better looking a woman is, the higher value she is. So you gotta have something really good to offer. Why the f**k would you not want to look your best anyway? If you're ugly, work on it. The fact is, you have to have something about you. Most women these days are shallow, so much so that women in their 70's and HB1's have plenty of options and want an attractive guy. Sure an ugly guy can luck up on some ass every now and again, but looks get you consistent success. Money does too, but that's obvious.

It never hurts a woman to have some eye and arm candy. Then there are women who's friends screen you, and will disapprove of you if you're ugly.

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Here's an experiment for you; create two identical dating profiles on plentyoffish.com or something similar. Use different fictitious names. On one profile include (believable) photos that show you as being obviously overweight - shirt off showing some flab, in a suit, face shot, etc. and be sure to check the "more to love" box next to body type description. On the second include (again believable) picts of "you" in shape with the obligatory "washboard abs in the bathroom mirror" picture, shirt off, in a suit, face, dressed nice, dressed casual, etc. and indicate an "athletic build" in the body type box.
You missed the question.

Do you NEED to be good looking to attract women?

Not that which one is more important: looks or game.

Answer: You DO NOT have to be good looking to attract women. You just have to be attractive.

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TIC said:
Its very simple to me.

Ask yourselves an honest question: Have you ever seen a fat/ugly guy with a hot girl? Even a 7? I have not. Its so rare that it isn't feasible to aspire too

When I see couples, they are 90% of the time on the same or near level attraction wise, with the female pulling a better looking guy because of how high value puss*y is in the sexual marketplace currently.

6 females have 7-9 guys

7 females usually pull 8-9 guys.

8s pull 9/10 guys usually

9s and up only are seen with the best looking guys

This is what I see daily from couples. The movie theaters, cafes, walking down the street, my college campus.

Looks matter. To say looks isn't of the utmost importance is to ignore what you see every single goddam day. Just walk outside tomorrow and tell me what you see.

PUA material has merit, but ultimately, no amount of game will help a guy that looks like Ron Jeremy. He may not even be friend zoned.
Bro, your thinking will always tell you that you are NOT ENOUGH for a woman, even if you are good looking. And that's very negative.

My advice to you: Don't just go around looking for a couple with a hot girl and ugly guy. But just talk with your female friends and try to find out what they want.

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
Aw, Goddammit! Looks help a lot!

The better looking a woman is, the higher value she is. So you gotta have something really good to offer. Why the f**k would you not want to look your best anyway? If you're ugly, work on it. The fact is, you have to have something about you. Most women these days are shallow, so much so that women in their 70's and HB1's have plenty of options and want an attractive guy. Sure an ugly guy can luck up on some ass every now and again, but looks get you consistent success. Money does too, but that's obvious.

It never hurts a woman to have some eye and arm candy. Then there are women who's friends screen you, and will disapprove of you if you're ugly.
Know the difference between what a woman thinks she wants and what she actually start to want in spite of how she thinks about it.

Don't use logic. Attraction isn't a Choice!

ethan350z

Don Juan
Reaction score
Attraction IS a choice... women aren't weak creature and none of them would want a guy who just want to **** them I don't care how good looking you are. They are good at judging characters and the alpha male got better things to worry about with their lives than just with women and thats what attract women to them.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ethan350z said:
women aren't weak creature and none of them would want a guy who just want to **** them I don't care how good looking you are.
Maybe we should ask the hot coed who impulsively ƒucks the cute jock she just met in the foam cannon party in Cancun on spring break if she wanted to ƒuck him based on how hot he was?

It's not a question of strength or weakness, it's a question of impulse and instinct.

ethan350z

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Maybe we should ask the hot coed who impulsively ƒucks the cute jock she just met in the foam cannon party in Cancun on spring break if she wanted to ƒuck him based on how hot he was?

It's not a question of strength or weakness, it's a question of impulse and instinct.
This only happens in movie. In real life even a good looking jock would think that landing a chick is hard. It's very competitive in the real world and the chance of you landing a chick without getting lucky is unlikely. If a girl were to sleep with you, there has to be something in it for her. You have to understand that women don't get turn on like we do and they won't **** any guys just cuz they're horny with the exception of some horny sluts which i would avoid like plague. In order to understand how women work, you have to put yourself in their position which is not hard to understand why they act the way they do toward us. If every guy who hit on them genuinely wants to be with them and marry them. They would not put up a cold front toward every guys who approach them.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ethan350z said:
This only happens in movie. In real life even a good looking jock would think that landing a chick is hard.
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Way too much life experience that says otherwise. It's not an everyday occurrence, but even I've had hot ass fall into my lap with really no effort on my part besides having 17.5" arms and a V taper and we were all drunk at a party. Who knows what other effects were in play, but it was 1999, I was home on leave for Christmas break, and the girl was either about to graduate HS or just had.

Hakuna

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's only one thing that attracts women: Power.

It comes in a lot of forms, but being good looking has never been one. Being a dominant male is the only thing that attracts females.

The reason why good looking guys end up fuking more girls is simple. They are good looking, so they THINK they have a better chance with girls. They act more confident, more alpha, more charming, etc. They BELIEVE that they will be successful with women, and so they are.

Guys who are less good looking constantly worry if women find them attractive. As a result, their confidence takes a real hit. They don't ACT dominant because they don't FEEL dominant. And as a result, they get laid less.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was chatting with one of my female friends (HB7) yesterday, and she mentioned that she was not into this guy because he wasn't that good looking.

But then she went onto say: 'Well, he never really talked to me, so all I have to go by is his looks.'

It's as simple as that. Remember, girls go off 100% on feelings. If they haven't really interacted with you, then the only feelings they have of you, are based off of your looks.

But once she interacts with you, then it's more about your personality, since your personality is actually more powerful than your looks when it comes to eliciting feelings from her.

I will say this: 'not being good looking is a disadvantage in the sense that, it is a bit more difficult for you to get that *opportunity* for girls to see your personality.

So avoid situations where your looks are the only thing girls can go off of such as dating websites and clubs. Be smart and find ways where you can let girls see your personality.

By the way, I am assuming you actually have a good personality. If you have neither good looks nor a good personality - I'm thinking about the many losers on this thread - you are hopeless.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
I was chatting with one of my female friends (HB7) yesterday, and she mentioned that she was not into this guy because he wasn't that good looking.

But then she went onto say: 'Well, he never really talked to me, so all I have to go by is his looks.'

It's as simple as that. Remember, girls go off 100% on feelings. If they haven't really interacted with you, then the only feelings they have of you, are based off of your looks.

But once she interacts with you, then it's more about your personality, since your personality is actually more powerful than your looks when it comes to eliciting feelings from her.

I will say this: 'not being good looking is a disadvantage in the sense that, it is a bit more difficult for you to get that *opportunity* for girls to see your personality.

So avoid situations where your looks are the only thing girls can go off of such as dating websites and clubs. Be smart and find ways where you can let girls see your personality.

By the way, I am assuming you actually have a good personality. If you have neither good looks nor a good personality - I'm thinking about the many losers on this thread - you are hopeless.
The fact is the better looking you are, the easier it is to attract women. I know guys on here don't want to hear that because this is a dating website for guys who have had trouble doing just that.....dating. But facts are facts.

And btw Trader, you are MORE than welcome to come back over to the stock thread. You're call on RTGV has been DEAD ON. Not. :crackup: You really couldn't have been more wrong.