The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man Jariel, if I can get over my ex you sure as hell can get over yours.

Glad you're getting pro help but if you aren't over her after all this time you got a deeper problem that probably has nothing to do with your ex. You're useless to any woman out there if you can't be happy single. You don't need any specific woman to be happy. I hope you can snap out of this madness and start focusing on making yourself a higher value man. There are very few high value guys out there and you belong in that elite group. Take care of yourself first and the rest will all fall into place. Remember you don't control what they do only what you do. Good luck!

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:

Glad you're getting pro help but if you aren't over her after all this time you got a deeper problem that probably has nothing to do with your ex. You're useless to any woman out there if you can't be happy single. You don't need any specific woman to be happy. I hope you can snap out of this madness and start focusing on making yourself a higher value man. There are very few high value guys out there and you belong in that elite group. Take care of yourself first and the rest will all fall into place. Remember you don't control what they do only what you do. Good luck!

good s**t man, even though is isnt directed at me, i can relate ALOT

thanks for putting this up, it was a little shot of what i needed

especially the part about how one is useless to women if he isnt happy with himself first... that can never be repeated enough

this helped me out man

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:

The councelling is actually more about those deeper issues and this break up has brought them to my attention. I've always had anger issues and went through anger management some years ago, but even though I'm not aggressive any more, I do still have a tendency to act impulsively and overreact.

I also realise I have obsessive tendencies, which is one of the big issues keeping me from moving on. Once I get focused on something, it consumes my mind completely. It can work in my favour in achieving my goals, but when something goes wrong, I find it hard to function until I've solved it.

So yeah, I really need the help not just to get through this break up, but as a way to help me in the future. One of the techniques (CBT) is really helping with the impulsive, reactionary behaviour, but the obsessive stuff is something else.

In this sense, I think this break up has been a blessing. I've learned a lot about myself from it, a lot about relationships too and a lot about break ups.

I know I'll bounce back from this stronger and wiser than ever. I just need to get to the point where I'm ready to get back on my feet and make those big steps!

john doe71

Reaction score
Jariel, been reading these posts for a loooong time. Gonna b blunt...man the f*** up, delete everything about her, change ur number if needed. You are wasting your life and energy on some useless broad. Enjoy life, bang women, and have fun. Your bein a damn baby...be a man already my god

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
john doe71 said:
Jariel, been reading these posts for a loooong time. Gonna b blunt...man the f*** up, delete everything about her, change ur number if needed. You are wasting your life and energy on some useless broad. Enjoy life, bang women, and have fun. Your bein a damn baby...be a man already my god
Sorry man. I do not agree with you.

Much easier said than done. It's not like that. It took me a huge amount of time, reading, and complaining, not only here but to my friends and family. Next week it would be six months since the breakup and I still feel like sh*t. Some deal better than others.

Telling a dude to man the f**k up because he is acting like a baby is the same thing as telling someone with Parkinson's to stop with the f**king shivering already.
Although I believe you meant right, some girls just messes with our minds THAT much. And I'm not patting him (or myself) in the back "There there" keep feeling like ****, be the victim, everyone in here have to move on sometime. Some earlier than others.

The thing in Jariel's case is the same as mine, he is just a few weeks behind me on the NC, so it's natural to feel like utter sh*t. He declared to her when he now believes that he should not, and receiving the cold shoulder of indifference made him regret that decision.

It is not that he is not over her, but the pain he is feeling is regret and the anger is towards himself. The same way I did. And there is only one solution for that. And that solution is TIME.

Of course, time well spent, like reading positive stuff or advices, studying important sh*t, training, working out, talking to random people will be much better then time crying all alone...but there are some days that is really hard not to give up!

Jariel, just keep to NC, whether she contacts you or not. And force yourself out of the house. Grab your friends and go. You know deep down that you are only like this because your ego can't stand the fact that you walked out bellow.

Well fu*k it. You win some, you lose some! You are learning to cope with loss. See all this sh*t you are going through as learning experience, because in fact, that's the truth.

I'm seeing like that! Peace Man!

john doe71

Reaction score
I totally understand as i have been through the same. Some women just get under your skin and always will. But we all need to have some self respect and get the garbage out of our lives. Anyone of us could die tomorrow and none of it will matter anyway. Soooooo enjoy your life, have fun, and leave the negative broads behind.

mkj1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 41...

After ignoring her attempt to reach out to me at the weekend, I've been feeling better and better for each day. Just a couple weeks ago I probably would've replied back instantly with high hopes, but as so many of you have been pointing out: You just feel like s*it afterwards when they start to ignore you again. I was really struggling not to answer her at one point, but man does it feel great now. Fvck her. So to all you guys who end up in the same situation, DON'T crumble and answer at her first attempt of contacting you. It's about the self respect as well, ain't it? If she fvcked you over, why should you keep her in your life?

Today I also did something that I've been wanting to do for years, but never really taken the step of doing: Took a tattoo, and I'm so satisfied with the result!

And I also got to meet this new chick at my part time workplace. Smokin' hot! Most def going to try and get to know her.

Cali-83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cookies

Day 45 for me I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to it. I have weak moments but I accept it and tell myself STOP! You're alive and have so much to offer. Screw anyone that doesn't want to spend time with you.

The night I saw her getting in some guys car to go on a date I was crushed but I talked to one of my buddies and he got this from therapy years ago I think it might help some of you.

He said where we are at pinning over this one girl is like when your a little kid. When your a kid and someone is passing out cookies they give one to your friend, pass out another, then another, then when it comes to you there is only one broken cookie left they had it to you in pieces. You say but I want a whole cookie but it's the last one it still taste the same it's still the same amount of cookie but you what what the others have a whole cookie. You get fixated that others got a whole cookie you cry and can't get over the fact that the others are getting what you don't have.

We all get fixated on what we can't have and it's not fair sometimes life's not fair all the time it's the way the cookie crumbles. Now if you just get fixated on this one cookie you will never see that there is a whole world of cookies out there maybe even cookies you like more and cookies that are whole and just what you were looking for. If you haven't gotten it by now cookies are women why get fixated on something that is broken you may let the whole package walk right past you. Hope this helps it did for me. Take care on to my next 45 days.

tripod23

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi guys hope your all doing ok , i am on day 63 since i blasted her and walked away , iv got to say its a hard thing to stick to , but as time passes by i think you just learn to accept things , plus why would you want to give all this power back to the princesses who decided to change the terms of your relationship just so they could have all that power of manipulation over you , and laugh about it with their girl friends , how she has this little muppet sending her flowers , chasing her , and begging for her to spend time with him . i say fooooook that im gone .........taxiiiiiiiii

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
john doe71 said:
Please tell me how!

I've heard this advice before...hell, I've even told guys the same thing myself, but when you're dealing with withdrawal, bereavement and depression, there's a chemical imbalance going on in the mind and body that can't just be fixed.

I've taken all the practical steps I can - deleted her number, FB and trying to delete her from my life. I'm working out, seeing friends, I've even been on 3 dates (which made me feel worse) and I'm reading and improving myself, but none of this can make you just turn off your body and brain chemistry.

I've been very open about what I'm going through in this thread because I see it as an outlet. It's better to let it all out here among guys who understand and are experiencing the same thing than to go running to my ex or moaning to friends and family over and over.

I honestly hate feeling like this. I hate thinking about my ex and I wish I could just make it all stop and go on living my life feeling positive and inspired, but like everyone here, I'm just looking for a way to do that.

I also must add that I haven't just lost a girl. I lost a family. As much as people warn us guys not to get involved with a woman with kids, I did just that and I embraced the family life. It brought out paternal instincts I never knew I had and the youngest felt like he was my own. We had all these plans to move in together by now and start our life as a family. I knew exactly where and how I was going to propose to her. My future felt so certain, so happy and everything in my life was clicking into place. I've had it all torn away in an instant, had to move back with my parents and I'm having to figure my life out from scratch again. Unfortunately, that's not something that can be replaced by hooking up with another girl.

I know that in time, I will get over it and I will find happiness with someone else...with the option of starting my own family, with less complications and so on, but it's hard for people to understand that for me this isn't just a break up. My whole life has been thrown into turmoil and I'm dealing with a whole lot of losses all at once.

tkz

Reaction score
Nice guy finishes last, girl seeing someone need the experts
I had been seeing this girl for 5 months and we kind of went on and off and she wanted it off, but l liked her and persisted for a full year ,l was always a gentleman even during our dating days , travelled her wherever , flew her on trips and even after we broke up l was there for her l was helping her with her rent, bills and she asked me to help get books for her sisters in Africa last few weeks and l did that.in a nut shell she is a high mantainance and loves to spent and show off girl but l let it slide because l loved her.l basically spend $1500 for the books last few weeks and got get a guchi bag and would meet her every need.In the last 4 months l spend close to $7000 helping out.It was not about the money it was the concern and the care for everyone in her family.Now l am a guy who has a good job and very good salary so the moneyy was not as bad.l helped her so much to point were she did not appreciate it and would sound as if it was my duty and still l tried to be a nice guy.A week before she told me she wanted to start life with a new man she said to me we would get back together in the future even suggested that we will be married and talked about how l was the only person she could trust and who was responsible and good guys going places and we talked about how l would build my business empire and end up with her family working for me and stuff and she seemed on board only to be told a week later that she met a guy two days before and wants to start a new thing with him.I told her l would not interfere, nor contact because l want her to get a chance to be happy and if it does not work out l dont want to be implicated.l treated her like gold she got all her desires and l genuwinely helped from the heart but l guess l was used and now l am hurting.l have not talked to her in 10 days but she does not care l guess.l am focused on improving myself to higher things in my career but l guess we will never talk again.

Backwardsman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Please tell me how!

I've heard this advice before...hell, I've even told guys the same thing myself, but when you're dealing with withdrawal, bereavement and depression, there's a chemical imbalance going on in the mind and body that can't just be fixed.

I've taken all the practical steps I can - deleted her number, FB and trying to delete her from my life. I'm working out, seeing friends, I've even been on 3 dates (which made me feel worse) and I'm reading and improving myself, but none of this can make you just turn off your body and brain chemistry.

I've been very open about what I'm going through in this thread because I see it as an outlet. It's better to let it all out here among guys who understand and are experiencing the same thing than to go running to my ex or moaning to friends and family over and over.

I honestly hate feeling like this. I hate thinking about my ex and I wish I could just make it all stop and go on living my life feeling positive and inspired, but like everyone here, I'm just looking for a way to do that.
Hi mate, was just thinking, you could try hypnotherapy, as the issue is in the mind, a hypnotherapist can unlock the thoughts in your subconscious etc.

i know people who have had it done for giving up smoking and it worked, i know its different but i reckon its worth a shot :)

http://www.londonhypnotherapypartnership.co.uk/relationship-hypnotherapy/

For Dealing with breakups and loss:

Reducing stress and bitterness from divorce and separation
Escaping an unhealthy, unhappy (or even abusive) relationship
Getting over an ex-partner and moving on
Dealing with grief and long-term bereavemen

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backwardsman said:
Hi mate, was just thinking, you could try hypnotherapy, as the issue is in the mind, a hypnotherapist can unlock the thoughts in your subconscious etc.

i know people who have had it done for giving up smoking and it worked, i know its different but i reckon its worth a shot :)
Definitely something I'm considering. I've been trying a lot of self hypnosis, meditation and NLP, but I think my next step is to seek out a professional.

I realise that despite my common sense, my subconscious/unconscious mind is trying to keep the relationship alive and won't let go. Hypnosis might be the way to deal with that.

Thanks mate.

itdude

Don Juan
Reaction score
yesterday I had a hangover accompanied by a low day thinking of her ALOT. I didn't go train... I didn't speak to friends. Just went home after work and watched some series. I told myself that I have been doing great. so TAKE this day and be down and do nothing. But tomorrow you jump out of bed and be awesome.

it worked. I wouldn't make a habit out of it. but I needed to sulk to get it out of my system.

Today I'm feeling much better and am ready to go out with friends and have some FUN.

Thought of the day:

"Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances…” Victor Frankl

tkz

Reaction score
itdude said:
yesterday I had a hangover accompanied by a low day thinking of her ALOT. I didn't go train... I didn't speak to friends. Just went home after work and watched some series. I told myself that I have been doing great. so TAKE this day and be down and do nothing. But tomorrow you jump out of bed and be awesome.

it worked. I wouldn't make a habit out of it. but I needed to sulk to get it out of my system.

Today I'm feeling much better and am ready to go out with friends and have some FUN.

Thought of the day:

"Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances…” Victor Frankl
I had been seeing this girl for 5 months and we kind of went on and off and she wanted it off, but l liked her and persisted for a full year ,l was always a gentleman even during our dating days , travelled her wherever , flew her on trips and even after we broke up l was there for her l was helping her with her rent, bills and she asked me to help get books for her sisters in Africa last few weeks and l did that.in a nut shell she is a high mantainance and loves to spent and show off girl but l let it slide because l loved her.l basically spend $1500 for the books last few weeks and got get a guchi bag and would meet her every need.In the last 4 months l spend close to $7000 helping out.It was not about the money it was the concern and the care for everyone in her family.Now l am a guy who has a good job and very good salary so the moneyy was not as bad.l helped her so much to point were she did not appreciate it and would sound as if it was my duty and still l tried to be a nice guy.A week before she told me she wanted to start life with a new man she said to me we would get back together in the future and talked about how l was the only person she could trust and who was responsible and good guys going places and we talked about how l would build my business empire and end up with her family working for me and stuff and she seemed on board only to be told a week later that she met a guy two days before and wants to start a new thing with him.I told her l would not interfere, nor contact because l want her to get a chance to be happy and if it does not work out l dont want to be implicated.l treated her like gold she got all her desires and l genuwinely helped from the heart but l guess l was used and now l am hurting.l have not talked to her in 10 days but she does not care l guess.l am focused on improving myself to higher things in my career but l guess we will never talk again.

tripod23

Don Juan
Reaction score
jariel mate , listen up pal , i said listen up......i read what you write and feel it totally buddy , but there is no way you will change her mind trust me , you know as well as i do that there is only one way to deal with this situation seriously .

if you wish to be laughed at and made a fool of then go to her and try begging her to get back with you , this wont work of course but try it anyway if thats how you feel , but we both know the outcome dont we.

look at it this way .....if you had a car that you really liked or even loved but the foooking thing kept going wrong so you ditched it,,,,,,because you couldnt be bothered with it........then months later you saw it totally fixed up you would think holy sh-t i want it back........i acctually think this is how a womens mind works to some degree , because dont forget they change their minds like nobodys business , they dont have a clue what they want , and even when they do they are not totally sure.

a few weeks ago round about a month ago which was a month after i had blasted my ex for treating me like sh-t ...... i was in my local and she happend to be in there ,,,,,,she was in shock when i walked in and i would have loved to spoke to her because i still care about her......the thing is as a man i have to show her that if she fooooks with me there is a price to pay , because otherwise they will treat you and manipulate you any way they wish to . this maybe the worst thing i have ever done and i may live to regret it , but i will say this - if thats the case then i will have to live with it , but i refuse to let her have the upper hand and thats the view you need to have mate .

also remember this as well , those children are not yours and it makes a massive difference trust me.......i know how hurt you are and i realise you would like to get things back how they were , but listen mate it wont happen unless she wants it to , plus all this sh-t that life throws you is just a test to prepare you for what is yet to come so why worry - what will be will be and im a firm beleiver in this........

my ex told me i was everything to her , and that she had never loved anyone like me before and as much , well i think that if she felt that way then why the hell has she not been in touch with me , ooops i know why because she couldnt care less thats why . so why should i give a monkeys.

dont worry jariel she will contact you in time , who knows when , but do not fall under the illusion of action as one man calls it , because it wont work.

you say you have had to move back in with your parents , well im in the same boat mate , [ so what ] its great ...plus its easy , a lot easier than putting up with sh-t from a chick who doesnt know when shes onto a good thing .

your doing great pal just keep it up , just remember that she has to come to you - and thats when you tell her what i said in one of my posts last week .

that will be one last ditch attempt to salvage things but only if you want to risk it that is , otherwise you have to walk and never look back - you have to mate.......otherwise you are in for more pain .

its tough to get through stuff like this when emotions are involved , but you do not want to let her see she can have you on a string like some puppet otherwise your life will be hell on earth......and then you will be really pi--ed off.

i really hope this helps you , even if its just a little bit to make you feel better for a few more days at least .

all the best to ya.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itdude said:

Thought of the day:

yeah ive done this too during prior break ups

it definitely works, but only if you do it once or twice

the more you do it the more opposite its effects are, and can actually lead to worsening of your initial progress

at least thats how it works for me

good luck mate

Backwardsman

Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex just snap chatted me now, took her 5 days since i finished her - the pic was of food at a pub (we used to do this all the time as we were massive foodies).

Ignore :)

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backwardsman said:
My ex just snap chatted me now, took her 5 days since i finished her - the pic was of food at a pub (we used to do this all the time as we were massive foodies).

Ignore :)

lol when they send you stuff and you ignore, its like the BIGGGGEST ego boost

dont let it get to your head man ;)

stay strong and keep level headed - make sure you tone down your ego and keep your eyes on the goal at hand...

for me at least, those ego boosts often cause me to do irrational s**t

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okay so i think its no contact day 6?

ugh what do i even say haha uhm i havent talked about her since i ranted to my mum like 2 days ago... but i havent stopped thinking about her, in fact i find my self looking out my bay window every 15 mins hoping she comes over and that she pulls into my driveway lol which sucks, im supposed to go pick up my stuff from her friend tonight but we'll see what happens

even though i never want to be with her again or even talk to her again bc she completely took my feelings for granted by cheating on me, i still have that initial shock and depression of not having her anymore

the initial loss sucks, knowing that what was yours is gone, and it will never be like that again...

its the worst because she was my best friend, and i have to giver her up like heroin, and its giving me painful withdrawl symptoms

im going to study with this columbian chick today at my campus library and shes pretty cute, i just hope that i can fake not thinking about my ex, i hope it doesnt show because the columbian chick is actually pretty cool

im trying to vent all my emotions on here before i go out because i dont want these feelings to come out when im with this new girl.

i have a question for you guys

Why do you think women have such a strong effect on us? especially after a relationship? and how do we go about changing that? like how do we get to a point where we no longer are emotionally attached to women even after relationships? where we can just end the relationship and never think about it again? does that take a certain type of psychosis? lol do i have to change into a psychopath to get to that point?

i dont know.. send your thoughts guys

thanks mates