The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clair said:
hi it is three weeks and four days I woke this morning feeling pretty lonely and sad things had slowed down for me at work and I am a bit worried I guess that is why I woke up sad and the fact that pyshco hasn't called still bothers me I have 4 weeks and three days to go hopefully by then I will b over it all:rockon:
Good luck Clair. You've done very well to get this far.

I'm hoping there will come a point where I'm over it all too. I thought I'd reached that point already and the last couple of days I've felt on top of the world and back in control, but today I feel such heartache again.

I think it's natural for us to miss our exes and it'll probably go on for a long time, but I'm sure the pain of it all will start to fade eventually.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soulforge said:
hi jariel... i have done the same as you mate... i have made a decision to let her go!!

and i am starting to feel better for it... i probably will still have bad days when i miss her... but letting go & giving up on hope is the first step to the road of recovery.

also in my case, i believe she was a bad woman, whom with i could not have a good future.. so letting her go is the only option!!

i know for a fact she is talking to some dude, so dumping her has probably only pushed her towards him!
Good to hear mate. You will have those bad days, like I'm having today, but letting go is definitely going to help you recover.

Trust me, the past couple of days where I started to make progress felt really good...better than the last month of being in a relationship and probably better than I'd feel if I got back with my ex.

As for pushing her towards the other guy, I believe this is a big misunderstanding. There's a lot of evidence to say that men and women are most likely to cheat or keep their options open when the relationship gets complacent or when their lover isn't providing much challenge. This allows them to feel secure and give them the confidence to swing to another branch.

However, after an argument or being dumped, the tension is high and they feel less secure, and are actually less likely to move on. Or if they do, they'll not be able to give fully to that person, because now that other person is the one they can take for granted and you are the one who walked away and created the tension.

I noticed this in a lot of my relationships and as the rebound guy. A number of times I got girls to leave their boyfriends for me and I was the most exciting thing to happen to them at that time, but as soon as their exes started pulling away and I became too available, they ditched me and went running back.

It all comes down to the old psychological observations that familiarity breeds contempt and people place more value on what they can't have.

rossitheking

Don Juan
Reaction score
here's a challenge to you all - go out and show your best self and crack onto a new girl. Smash her and don't contact her ever again.......watch what happens.

justin11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its weird, I don't really miss her or still have any attachment towards my ex but I still can't get her out of my mind. I have constant neutral thoughts about her even though I'm not interested in her anymore.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Good to hear mate. You will have those bad days, like I'm having today, but letting go is definitely going to help you recover.

Trust me, the past couple of days where I started to make progress felt really good...better than the last month of being in a relationship and probably better than I'd feel if I got back with my ex.

As for pushing her towards the other guy, I believe this is a big misunderstanding. There's a lot of evidence to say that men and women are most likely to cheat or keep their options open when the relationship gets complacent or when their lover isn't providing much challenge. This allows them to feel secure and give them the confidence to swing to another branch.

However, after an argument or being dumped, the tension is high and they feel less secure, and are actually less likely to move on. Or if they do, they'll not be able to give fully to that person, because now that other person is the one they can take for granted and you are the one who walked away and created the tension.

I noticed this in a lot of my relationships and as the rebound guy. A number of times I got girls to leave their boyfriends for me and I was the most exciting thing to happen to them at that time, but as soon as their exes started pulling away and I became too available, they ditched me and went running back.

It all comes down to the old psychological observations that familiarity breeds contempt and people place more value on what they can't have.
a new development jariel

since i dumped her, i changed my mobile number & stopped reading my emails.

someone has dropped a hand written note through my letterbox last night... i have a gut feeling that it might be the ex

i have not read it, i have just folded it & put it away!

reason why... because it may have something in it that will hurt me!

in the past when i ended it with her, she has sent me emails, claiming she is going to sleep with other people, also claiming she has a date with some new guy...

and even once she claimed she has been faking orgasms with me for the last 8 months lol

she is 46 years olds, but gets nasty & acts like a vicious teenager!

there is some probability that she maybe seeing somebody new, who she exchanged numbers with 4 days after i ended it.

what are your thoughts on my situation?

she exchanged numbers with this guys just 4 days after we broke up... so she was ready to branch swing pretty much straight away?

so me dumping her will have pretty much pushed her further to this guy!

i feel quite torn in this situation... in one hand i know dumping her was the right thing, as her disrespectful behaviour was too much... also i did not really feel loved or valued by this woman

a lot of the time i felt like, i was just a convenience to her, till something better came along

i have decided the only option is to let her go.... just do anything & everything to protect myself...

avoid any communication, contact, emails, letters etc etc

if she seeing someone, then i know it's going to hurt me big time!

i need to know nothing about what she is doing & just focus on healing

Sw4210

Reaction score
Four year relationship ended a month ago.

Hello everyone. My story goes like this, I was with a girl for four years. When I met her she was a very depressed mess and I seemed to be her knight in shining armor. She had a bad childhood, a neglectful mother who pawned her off on her grandparents and treated her terribly, an absent father, and was always secluded/grounded from the world for stupid things. She was 17 when we met I was 19, I am 23 now. After we got together we had a great couple years followed by a couple years of hell. She didn't work because of her arthritis, refused to help herself, stayed in doors 29/30 days a month and I think she started going crazy. Long story shortish, she left me just over a month ago after everything was a problem with me. She began to treat me worse and worse yet put all the blame on me and I always took it even though it normally wasn't my fault.

The first two years were great, loved everything about each other, always had new fun and new adventures and we literally could not keep our hands off one another. She was fun, motivated, and loved me. I thought, anyhow. She didn't work then either but I told her that was fine as long as she treated me well.

Fast forward to the next two, each month her behavior was worse, she started slowly going back to that neglectful mother, and her ways were ok suddenly, I became a bad guy and each month I suited her less and she changed right in front me everything I liked about her. This mother of hers actually has kids with two brothers and exposed them to alot of bad stuff growing up. Her two sisters are easy and have been with so many, I thought my ex was different but she is crazy like them.

After a small fight she left me and threw a fit, spit on me, punched me in the face and told me she hated me, f you's all over the place, I never spoke to her this way, ever. And I was lost. Drinking all weekend couldn't stay at my apartment, moved out for a month, just recently went back for privacy and after a month of no contact and actually i started to feel much better for te last week or so, we talked for a few hours online. During this, she was nice at first claimed she cared and worried etc but wouldn't say whether she loves me or not. I guess I don't care. She either does and doesn't want to say it or is heartless and I don't care. I did everything for her because she refused to do anything. Paid all the bills, did ALL the work, bent over backwards to suit her and she left ME. Telling me I was terrible and it was all my fault and that I was worse then her messed up family who abused her growing up.

I hadnt talked to her at all since the break until last night, but curiosity got the best of me after she liked several things of mine on facebook, and I'd drank a little, wasn't drunk but felt good and thats probably why I was willing to talk to her, my sane rational self knows better even without closure. Now I'm back to day 1 nc and having lots of troubles. I've read through this forum for a while but just decided to join and share my story. During our talk she started out nice an eventually told me I need to grow up and I'm irresponsible etc. and that I'm trashy for going to bars/clubs. Oh and mind you I wasn't aloud to even be gone much during our relationship. I feel terrible. Now I want to talk to her again. Why? I have no idea. She treated me horribly and left me. She's back to her old crazy habits now and changed completely as I knew she would. It's what she always does when she has all the time in the world to sit and do nothing but dwell and feel bad for herself.

She was a controlling, manipulating, shell of a sad person and I wanted to take care of her forever. I really am lost. Lost as to why I feel even half sad over this. During the last week I was feeling much better too, then we talked and now I'm sad again. I don't want to live in my apartment. That was our place for 2 and a half of our four years. I don't want to live in this town, it's small and lonely and we were planning on moving from it soon now that's shot. I don't know what to do everyone, please help me.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soulforge: You're doing well hanging in there and avoiding contact mate. And I think that's a wise decision not to read the letter. This woman sounds so hateful and negative and I think it's a certainty she has damaged your confidence and done you a lot of harm.

This is probably the reason you're finding it so hard to move forward. When you've been treated like sh1t so long, you start believing you are sh1t and you deserve no better. It's going to take a while for you to regain your confidence, but you're doing all the right things and moving in the right direction.

What I suggest to you is reading up on confidence and becoming an alpha male, and checking some of the top posts in the tips forum here. I think once you start to regain your confidence and start to recognise your value as a man, everything will become crystal clear to you.

SW4210: It sounds like you've been in a similar situation to my buddy Soulforge above and suffered quite an abusive and manipulative relationship. Unfortunately, many of us guys fall into the trap of playing the white knight. I guess it's part of our nature as protective men, but it ALWAYS comes back to haunt us.

My last relationship wasn't abusive - it was all good until the end, to be fair, but she had so much baggage, so many emotional issues, on and off anti depressants, going through a divorce and everyone told me I was crazy to get involved, but there's something about a "damsel in distress" I've never been able to resist.

Worse still, the drama and turmoil is kind of addictive and keeps you hooked. You get a taste of her affection and her neediness towards you, then she withdraws it and gets distant, and you feel like you're on a come down, desperate for your next high.

It's going to take time to get your head straight my friend, but my advice to you is to delete her number to avoid any contact and focus on rebuilding yourself. This relationship is not worth salvaging at all and you have to put your rational mind in charge now and just push yourself through the emotional pain and loss. You will be stronger from this experience!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jariel believe me, she is very hateful & lacks any kind of remorse

i don't recall the last time she ever apologized for sh@t... in the past i have dumped her, but then over a few weeks of her messaging me, i gave in & went back to her...

she is a very manipulative woman & quite the pro at it....

i do feel myself confidence has been knocked, but i intend to fix that, with hitting the gym etc

my biggest problem right now is ANGER

i really do feel angry towards her & towards myself for putting up with her crap!

i,m gonna have to get to the gym & knock 10 balls of crap out of the punching bag

rossitheking

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Soulforge,

She is a very manipulative woman and quite the pro at it you say.........you think she could be that way with some of the guys on here? No chance, they would walk away without hesitation. Never tolerate this behavior mate.

The very fact that you are on this site shows that you are above this immature woman.

Keep up the no contact and stay away from her. You are doing well.

rossitheking

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's an update - just had a msg of my ex inviting me to her friends birthday party. I've also heard from a mutual friend that she's missing me and wants me back. This is six months on. Not six hours, six days or six weeks........six months.

Im coming to the belief that a woman wont care if you were with each for six days, six months or six years - she will dump you if you start acting like a wuss. Very much the same way a woman will reach out for you after six weeks, six months or six years if you demonstrate a backbone and move on in your life.

Of course no contact continues with my ex.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 20

Today I am having a very very hard time.

Yesterday I met up with a friend to watch a new movie in the cinema, while all of the sudden, out of nowhere, he tells me that my EX had updated her relationship status, with the new guy. Apparently they have been boyfriend and girlfriend since a couple of day after our brake up.

I dont know why he felt the urge to tell me, but I could just fell this kick going through my body...
- yesterday I wasn't that sad about it, this morning I was devastated.

I have no idea why I am sad, I knew it would happen, it was just a matter of time. But doing that was like a 'slam' to the face, and I guess I had some hope of her coming crawling back - that hope is weakened a lot after her relationship update.

I don't know man, I am fvcking two other girls, and have a date with a new one this Saturday, but I still miss my ex, and I still fell like she was so much better than anyone of these girls - why? It is probably the connection we shared, and the comfort I felt being around her, but in reality, I could probably find another girl just like her, perhaps even better.

I don't know, I just fell very very broken this morning!

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rossitheking said:
Here's an update - just had a msg of my ex inviting me to her friends birthday party. I've also heard from a mutual friend that she's missing me and wants me back. This is six months on. Not six hours, six days or six weeks........six months.

So you haven't spoken or seen her for six months and she messages you out of the blue to hang out?

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
European-DJ said:
Yesterday I met up with a friend to watch a new movie in the cinema, while all of the sudden, out of nowhere, he tells me that my EX had updated her relationship status, with the new guy.

Actually you should be glad. It makes it easier to move on when you know they are with someone else.

Let me ask you a question. Towards the last few weeks of your relationship with her was she cold and distant? How did it end?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rossitheking said:
Hi Soulforge,

She is a very manipulative woman and quite the pro at it you say.........you think she could be that way with some of the guys on here? No chance, they would walk away without hesitation. Never tolerate this behavior mate.

The very fact that you are on this site shows that you are above this immature woman.

Keep up the no contact and stay away from her. You are doing well.

i did walk away a few times, i dumped her twice before, but like an idiot i got back with her after some time... why? because the sex was great & she looked good

never sacrifice self respect for p@ssy... never!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am actually having a hard day today... feelings of anger towards her

also anger towards myself, for tolerating crap!

then i keep telling myself, if i had gamed her better, maybe we could have still been together. f@ck

good looking woman like her, just move onto the next guy!

have to stick with no contact & get this poison out of my life

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soulforge said:
i am actually having a hard day today... feelings of anger towards her

also anger towards myself, for tolerating crap!

then i keep telling myself, if i had gamed her better, maybe we could have still been together. f@ck
I think the common theme among all of us is we stayed in our relationships too long. Yeah you didn't game her perfectly but you really shouldn't have to.
I'm sure there were other signs you ignored like I did. I should have dropped my girl 6 months earlier. Would have saved a lot of heartache.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:
I think the common theme among all of us is we stayed in our relationships too long. Yeah you didn't game her perfectly but you really shouldn't have to.
I'm sure there were other signs you ignored like I did. I should have dropped my girl 6 months earlier. Would have saved a lot of heartache.

thats the things renegade, to have a long term relationship with this woman, meant constantly being on guard & gaming her ass, just to keep her.

and yes, there was lots of signs that i ignored.. lots

even tho it was me who dumped her, it really does not feel any easier... in fact i feel like i have pushed her into the arms of another man

it was a simple choice of putting up with more & more crap or dumping her... i chose to dump

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:
Actually you should be glad. It makes it easier to move on when you know they are with someone else.

Let me ask you a question. Towards the last few weeks of your relationship with her was she cold and distant? How did it end?

To be honest, no she wasn't.

we had lots of sex, eating out, even planing a vacation.

But then we hit into this guy at a cafe, he was with another girl, and all hell broke loose (you can read the rest from there on the last page).

It is so weird... But we split up once before, where she went to this guy - then SHE came back. This time she cheated with this guy, and as soon as i left, she went complete NC on me, and even ignoring my last message..

This time it is over, and i know it; but it is so weird, i just have to realize it first.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:
Same here. We broke up once and ended on really great terms and I could've left her with a good impression of me while I was still the cool, confident alpha male she fell for...but we tried again and things got fvcked up!

There are a lot of warnings out there that tell you to beware of premature reconciliation with an ex. Even if she comes back to you after no contact, if you haven't overcome the issues that caused the break up, it's going to happen again. But the problem is, most of us just want the pain to end and the short term gratification of having her back.