The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NC, attempt #2, day 1:

After breaking NC attempt #1 with my ex last week, we've been in regular contact, just like the good old friends we used to be, but then I started to notice I was being an emotional tampon. She'd have a bad day and we'd talk for ages, I'd check in with her the next day and barely get two words back.

Nope, can't do it. I went totally afc by writing a goodbye letter, but I had to let her know that I can't be #2. I can't take on part time boyfriend duties while the other schmoe gets the good parts. NC without any mention didn't really work anyway. I had to officially say that I was walking away this time. Very hard thing for me to do but it's done.

poo

Don Juan
Reaction score
yo, ive been no contact for around 120 days so far.

been slacking these last few days with social media stalking.

so decided to make an account

gunna do a 60 day no social media stalking plan

so day 1 - no social media stalking

croppants9

Reaction score
I actually have got no make contact with benefit me by having an ex although not for getting back together again. It proved helpful for getting some booty cell phone calls however i actually didnt desire to pursue her anymore. Should your looking to get an ex again i think you want at least 4 weeks of no contact.

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brighty said:
Welp, NC is over. I got a letter from our old apartment building with move-out fees and it turns out she never turned in her key/fob/opener like she said she would, which is costing both of us over $150, and that its going to negatively impact both of our credit in ten days if it isn't taken care of. I am sure as hell not paying for it and am once again appalled at how immature and irresponsible she is. I called her and left her a polite but brief message saying that we needed to sort this out ASAP. I didn't ask how she was doing or anything other than just the business we need to take care of, but after 16 days NC is broken.

You know, I'm almost glad too, last night I was pretty down and missing her badly, and all of a sudden this rears its head and reminds me why she is such a frustrating and irresponsible person to deal with and not worth my time.

So, by the rules of NC, does this mean I have to start over once she returns my call?

EDIT: She returned the call, we sorted it out within two minutes and after we got it taken care of, I told her I had to go. Wham and bam.
Yeh man, it sucks. But any contact takes you back to day one. Just pay the money and be done with it. You will feel better if you just do that trust me. I got a 150 dollar ticket because of this girl once and we split before i had to pay it wich she said she would pay half but i didnt ask her for any money. Felt good sort of, so just pay up and drop it.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope you're all coping ok.

I thought I'd check in with a little update. I was hoping I could return with news that I'd fallen in love with someone new and we were living out the perfect relationship, but I'm afraid that's not happened yet. I did start seeing a girl who I was crazy about and made me forget about my ex, but she's recently split with her ex, so it's not really going anywhere right now. I'm just learning from my experience with my ex and giving her space.

However, I have to say I'm doing great! I still think of my ex sometimes, but there's no pain there any more and less emotional attachment. I can now see that breaking up was for the best and I'm now back to my old self again...more improved.

I've been hitting the gym regularly, spinning plates and playing the field, focusing on my business and studying seduction and the mistakes I made with my ex and women in the past.

When I met my ex, I was a good example of a Don Juan - a bit of a player, 2-3 dates every week, great social circles, confident, bold, masculine and sexual. I swept her off her feet and she fell for me so fast and hard. But as time went by I became soft, dependent, accomodating, predictable and available. She said she wanted me to be more of a family orientated guy, wanted to see more of me, and I did the dumbest thing ever and gave her everything I thought she wanted.

I'd become so dependent on her and I'd made her and her kids the centre of my life, the inspiration for my goals and my source of happiness, so when we broke up it felt like my whole life had lost purpose. This wouldn't have happened if I'd maintained my independence, at least not to the same extent.

But now I'm back to the man I used to be and I'm back in the field. I've got a lot of girls in the palm of my hand, meeting some great girls and having great experiences and I'm having fun with life. The great thing is, this time I'm not putting my happiness on one woman or women in general and this feels very liberating.

And guess what? She wrote me an email a few weeks ago. It was just a friendly hello really, just to clear the air of hard feelings and let me know what's been going on in her life. I did reply, but I just basically said thanks for the mail and it's good to hear she's doing well, and then I wished her and her family the best in life. I even added that I hope she's found a great guy who makes her happy.

Hang in there guys. It's a tough ride, but it does get better. Your focus now has to be on regaining your independence.

One thing that I believe will help you all get over your ex faster is to assume that she's not interested in you. Stop questioning if there's a chance, what she might be thinking, if she still loves you and treat it as a fact that she has no interest in you at all. Unfortunately, that's what being dumped and rejected means. She would rather go on the rest of her life without you than try to make things work, which means she's no longer into you.

If there's ever a chance of regaining her interest, you must become the man she fell for and not the man she dumped. So stop trying to pander to your ego and just accept that she's not interested. This will help you move on much faster.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back to Day 1

fuko2007 said:
Yeh man, it sucks. But any contact takes you back to day one. Just pay the money and be done with it. You will feel better if you just do that trust me. I got a 150 dollar ticket because of this girl once and we split before i had to pay it wich she said she would pay half but i didnt ask her for any money. Felt good sort of, so just pay up and drop it.

Well, ****.

Back to Day 1 then. After the apartment matter got settled, there's nothing else forseeable in the future that would ever warrant a situation where we'd have to contact each other again. The only thing is that I noticed is after going out and doing the laundry, I noticed she left a bunch of her clothes and some kind of souvenir box thing in the wrong laundry container so it's over at my house now. She hasn't said anything about it since we broke up 17 days ago, so I'm gonna assume it's safe to throw them out. Lot of Victoria's Secret stuff too, which is too bad for her because she isn't exactly the wealthiest girl in the world - especially after moving back in with her broke ass parents in the middle of no where.

I can't think of any other ties we might have had, so hopefully this one sticks.

Adz--

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 11

Everything is going good, deleted her instagram, snapchat, facebook, twitter, e-mail and phone number on the weekend. i feel a lot more better. but today i have this slight yearn to look at her instagram and twitter..
I'm stopping my self doing that though.. On the whole i'm getting back up again, eating and sleeping normally again, started working out again and trying to get back on top of my work and get back into my hobbies slowly.
But damn i got a real bad itch wanting to see her instagram and twitter..

adz--

VenX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Hang in there guys. It's a tough ride, but it does get better. Your focus now has to be on regaining your independence.

One thing that I believe will help you all get over your ex faster is to assume that she's not interested in you. Stop questioning if there's a chance, what she might be thinking, if she still loves you and treat it as a fact that she has no interest in you at all. Unfortunately, that's what being dumped and rejected means. She would rather go on the rest of her life without you than try to make things work, which means she's no longer into you.

If there's ever a chance of regaining her interest, you must become the man she fell for and not the man she dumped. So stop trying to pander to your ego and just accept that she's not interested. This will help you move on much faster.
Great advice Jariel! Glad to hear you're doing well

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attempt #2, day 2:

I'm getting through today pretty well by reminding myself of ****ty things she did, reverse pedastooling if you will. Reading things she wrote that remind me what a confused girl she is sures up my resolve to stay the **** away.

bateman72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
When I met my ex, I was a good example of a Don Juan - a bit of a player, 2-3 dates every week, great social circles, confident, bold, masculine and sexual. I swept her off her feet and she fell for me so fast and hard. But as time went by I became soft, dependent, accomodating, predictable and available. She said she wanted me to be more of a family orientated guy, wanted to see more of me, and I did the dumbest thing ever and gave her everything I thought she wanted.

I'd become so dependent on her and I'd made her and her kids the centre of my life, the inspiration for my goals and my source of happiness, so when we broke up it felt like my whole life had lost purpose. This wouldn't have happened if I'd maintained my independence, at least not to the same extent.

But now I'm back to the man I used to be and I'm back in the field. I've got a lot of girls in the palm of my hand, meeting some great girls and having great experiences and I'm having fun with life. The great thing is, this time I'm not putting my happiness on one woman or women in general and this feels very liberating.

I am quoting Jariel in my post but I am really writing this post for the guys I see on the thread that are pretty new in their no contact effort (thorninmyside, fuko2007, brighty, adz this is for you!) Jariel's advice here is golden, read and re-read this my friends.

I have been mulling over what to say in this post for a couple of days, its been a couple of weeks since I have posted and I actually went out with and spent the weekend with my ex a few days ago.

One of the things that is perhaps a bit frustrating about this thread is that people have a tendency to drop off the thread when they either move on or the reconcile with their ex.

If you are new in No contact and leaning heavily on the forum (which I HIGHLY recommend by the way) you might have followed one guys story through each of his posts only to find his story just stops without revealing what happened in the end. Frustrating. Also, if you are really hurting right now over your ex then you are probably looking through this thread looking for stories about guys who saw their ex and/or reconciled with them. There is not a lot of these stories out there so out of appreciation for this forum I want to share my story (so far) for you guys.

Quick recap of my story

Dec 10th-found a dodgy SMS on my gf's phone. Stood up, walked out, and instinctively started no contact before I even knew what no contact was. Deleted her numbers, facebook, email etc. Didn’t pick up her call. Threw away every picture and every gift from her.

Dec 17-20th- multiple emails and calls from the ex I didn’t answer.

Dec 27th- took drugs, sent a pretty emotional email to her, she never answered

January to February 8th- no contact

Feb 8th-she emails me, I don’t respond.

Around day 58 of my no contact period I start using an old phone that has a chat application installed where she is one of my contacts. She sends me a couple of messages over this application. I don’t respond.

day 62 of no contact I send her a few messages.

Day 64 in a moment of absolute sudden weakness I send her a message telling her I love her, miss her etc. She responds in a non-committal way that kind of reopened my wounds about her.

Day 10 of the restarted no contact we get into an email conversation that basically ends with her asking me out on a date.

I guess you can say that I kind of barely made the 60 day no contact challenge and at the end of this period I contacted her. She didn’t respond in the way I hoped she would and after about 5 days of pretty intense misery over her I actually resolved to let go of the idea of getting back together with her.

This girl first hurt me way back on the 10th of December. The first time I spent at least 45 days in deep deep pain. I am talking about the kind of pain where your chest aches, you cant sleep and for me, I couldn’t even sit still.

She hurt me again almost 90 days later. This pain lasted about a week. The point I am trying to make is that no contact is going to make you a lot harder stronger man than you were before. So what changed?

That pain you are feeling right now is a powerful force. That pain will make you push yourself out of your comfort zone and it will force you to change how you are living today. While that pain lasts you have a big time opportunity for personal growth that you need to jump on because that pain will eventually fade and you are going to have a hard time finding something to motivate you like that again.

Here is what that pain made me do over 90 days leading up to my ex and I meeting again.

1) I finally got aggressive about approaching and hooking up with a higher overall quality level of women. There were nights I just flat out could not sleep. Some of these nights were spent obsessively reading no contact posts on this forum. Some of these nights were spent obsessively googling my ex's name. But a good portion of these sleepless nights I spent going out, even if it meant going out alone. I got blown out more times in the last 90 days than in the previous three years but I also managed to hook up a lot. The hookups were generally sad affairs, I spent some nights crying afterwards, missing my ex. When I look back on these 90 days however I realize the blowouts were as important as the hook ups to change me. If you do this you will end up making about a million tiny adjustments to your body language, your facial expressions and your approach with women. You learn from mistakes and the mistakes are therefore invaluable.
2) When you are in an intense relationship there is a tendency for your world to narrow and when your girl removes herself from your life...you look around and realize how narrow you let your world get. I made a sustained effort to go out and meet guys and girls and kind of expand my social life. My overall social life is far better than it was even before I met this girl.
3) I took a hard look at my exercise regime ( I been hitting the weights pretty hard for about two years) and decided it was time to cut. I went from about 90kgs to about 84 kgs today. If you have a decent physique with more than like 20% bodyfat. I encourage you to use your no contact period to cut the fat. I think most of us are pretty agitated in the early days of no contact, you are probably not eating normally. Most guys need to lose some fat and a loss of 5kgs of fat will make you look like you gained 5kgs of muscle. No contact should be cutting time.
If you are a skinny dude maybe ignore this advice but get your ass in the gym anyway.
4) At some point during my 90 days of more or less no contact I started to realize that I wasn’t going to be able to party and fck my way through the pain. I made some small but significant positive changes in my work life, my family life, and in my spiritual life that have ended up giving me more comfort that all of the above.
5) Finally, the most significant moment of the entire 90 days was the moment when I actually resolved to let go of the idea of my ex and I getting together. This moment came along with a huge realization that I want to share.

If you are on this forum posting about your situation you have already lost all control over your relationship with this woman and you have lost the ability to get her back. If she reaches out to you it is not going to because of something you do or say. The possibility of reconciliation with your ex is controlled by a host of random factors completely outside of your control. It is therefore senseless for you to fantasize, dream, plan, or hope that she will come back.

It doesn’t matter how you do it but you got to let go and abolish the hope that she is coming back. Trick yourself, distract yourself, but get yourself to this mental state as quickly as you can. This is key.

For me, I had my moment of "well...its time to let go of her for real this time!" and I ended up having an incredible date with an extraordinary new woman less than a week later. The fact that I was out with this woman was a product of all the hard work I had done over 90 days, the fact that I had an incredible time was a product of finally letting go of the dream of my ex coming back to me.

When I originally started composing this post my idea was to share to you guys what SHE was up to during the no contact period. I thought that it would be helpful to you. I spent a pretty awesome intimate time with her and learned quite a lot about how she coped, what she did etc. However I think it is counterproductive to talk about her because we are all spending too much time thinking about what she is up to during our no contact. It is better for me to encourage you to kill all thoughts of her in your mind and focus on what you can be doing right now to get better.

I'm not sure what is going to happen with her and I moving forward except to say it probably wont work out long term and my daily task these days is to be ok with that. We had an incredible time together and still love each other but in the end "I" am more important than "us" and my personal path is the priority.

Thanks for listening

Induced Drag

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post Bateman. Both of us went through this at about the same time. Although I haven't heard from my ex, nor have I tried, except for one short text after a month of nc that went unanswered. The pain sucks there's no other way to articulate it. The funny thing about my journey is that I found not one but two girls that're both better than my ex and they treat me like a king. Now I understand what people mean when they say, you're putting her on a pedestal.

Here's what I want to stress to you. I wasn't even interested in trying to replace my ex. Like most on here I was looking for a diversion and a good time. Fellas, please keep your eyes open during this painful time. You never know whats going to happen. If I was still completely focused on my ex I wouldn't have given these new girls a real chance with me. Do I still think about my ex? Yes, every day but now it's from a different perspective. Does it still hurt? No, not in the same way. You will get through this and will most likely find yourself in an even better place than when all of it started. I know, you're thinking, no my situation is different. I'll never be the same! I'll never be happy again! I and the hundreds of others in this thread who've been through it are here to say otherwise. It's nothing new only new to you. You're not alone fellas.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bateman72 said:
One of the things that is perhaps a bit frustrating about this thread is that people have a tendency to drop off the thread when they either move on or the reconcile with their ex.

If you are new in No contact and leaning heavily on the forum (which I HIGHLY recommend by the way) you might have followed one guys story through each of his posts only to find his story just stops without revealing what happened in the end. Frustrating. Also, if you are really hurting right now over your ex then you are probably looking through this thread looking for stories about guys who saw their ex and/or reconciled with them. There is not a lot of these stories out there so out of appreciation for this forum I want to share my story (so far) for you guys.
I totally agree. When I was reading all the threads on this forum I was so disappointed to see people stop posting and to be left wondering if things ever worked out for them and how they finally managed to move on.

When I started posting here I wanted to document pretty much everything I was going through, the highs and lows, the revelations, tips and advice that helped, my mistakes, and I also want to continue my story of moving forward too, even if it's just to give guys here a sense of hope and closure.

That pain you are feeling right now is a powerful force. That pain will make you push yourself out of your comfort zone and it will force you to change how you are living today. While that pain lasts you have a big time opportunity for personal growth that you need to jump on because that pain will eventually fade and you are going to have a hard time finding something to motivate you like that again.
This is so true! I've made some drastic changes to myself and some major achievements as a result of this pain. Although I would never want to go back to feeling that way ever again, I am grateful for the experience. It snapped me out of my complacency and forced me to learn and push myself, and become a better man, all of which are serving me really well right now.

I believe that this pain was necessary to learn my lesson. If I'd got complacent and my ex took me back and there were no consequences, I'd continue to become more complacent. But because I never want to experience pain like this again, I will never allow myself to repeat those mistakes.

Anyway, a great post mate, full of wisdom and really good to see an update from you!

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NC attempt #2, day 3:

Feeling weak today so I made a conscious effort to verbally name a whole bunch of things about my ex that ill be better off for not knowing about, like how her new relationship is going or what she has planned in the future. I tried being friends but she was completely insensitive to my feelings when telling me things about her new relationship. I kept reminding myself that, whilst she isn't doing it with any malice, she has no clue that she merely treats me like an orbiter, a doormat, a spare tyre, and I've allowed it for too long.

I had this silly notion throughout the day that I was being a ****ty friend for bailing, but this is for me. She considered only herself when breaking up the relationship, so I need only consider myself in this no contact healing period.

bateman72 said:
2) When you are in an intense relationship there is a tendency for your world to narrow and when your girl removes herself from your life...you look around and realize how narrow you let your world get. I made a sustained effort to go out and meet guys and girls and kind of expand my social life. My overall social life is far better than it was even before I met this girl.
All so true for me. Even in the last week or two of my relationship, I became aware of this narrowing and new it was something I was going to have to rectify, even before being dumped.

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bateman72 said:
I am quoting Jariel in my post but I am really writing this post for the guys I see on the thread that are pretty new in their no contact effort (thorninmyside, fuko2007, brighty, adz this is for you!) Jariel's advice here is golden, read and re-read this my friends.

I have been mulling over what to say in this post for a couple of days, its been a couple of weeks since I have posted and I actually went out with and spent the weekend with my ex a few days ago.

Quick recap of my story

Dec 10th-found a dodgy SMS on my gf's phone. Stood up, walked out, and instinctively started no contact before I even knew what no contact was. Deleted her numbers, facebook, email etc. Didn’t pick up her call. Threw away every picture and every gift from her.

Dec 17-20th- multiple emails and calls from the ex I didn’t answer.

Dec 27th- took drugs, sent a pretty emotional email to her, she never answered

January to February 8th- no contact

Feb 8th-she emails me, I don’t respond.

Around day 58 of my no contact period I start using an old phone that has a chat application installed where she is one of my contacts. She sends me a couple of messages over this application. I don’t respond.

day 62 of no contact I send her a few messages.

Day 64 in a moment of absolute sudden weakness I send her a message telling her I love her, miss her etc. She responds in a non-committal way that kind of reopened my wounds about her.

Day 10 of the restarted no contact we get into an email conversation that basically ends with her asking me out on a date.

I guess you can say that I kind of barely made the 60 day no contact challenge and at the end of this period I contacted her. She didn’t respond in the way I hoped she would and after about 5 days of pretty intense misery over her I actually resolved to let go of the idea of getting back together with her.

This girl first hurt me way back on the 10th of December. The first time I spent at least 45 days in deep deep pain. I am talking about the kind of pain where your chest aches, you cant sleep and for me, I couldn’t even sit still.

She hurt me again almost 90 days later. This pain lasted about a week. The point I am trying to make is that no contact is going to make you a lot harder stronger man than you were before. So what changed?

Here is what that pain made me do over 90 days leading up to my ex and I meeting again.

1) I finally got aggressive about approaching and hooking up with a higher overall quality level of women. There were nights I just flat out could not sleep. Some of these nights were spent obsessively reading no contact posts on this forum. Some of these nights were spent obsessively googling my ex's name. But a good portion of these sleepless nights I spent going out, even if it meant going out alone. I got blown out more times in the last 90 days than in the previous three years but I also managed to hook up a lot. The hookups were generally sad affairs, I spent some nights crying afterwards, missing my ex. When I look back on these 90 days however I realize the blowouts were as important as the hook ups to change me. If you do this you will end up making about a million tiny adjustments to your body language, your facial expressions and your approach with women. You learn from mistakes and the mistakes are therefore invaluable.
3) I took a hard look at my exercise regime ( I been hitting the weights pretty hard for about two years) and decided it was time to cut. I went from about 90kgs to about 84 kgs today. If you have a decent physique with more than like 20% bodyfat. I encourage you to use your no contact period to cut the fat. I think most of us are pretty agitated in the early days of no contact, you are probably not eating normally. Most guys need to lose some fat and a loss of 5kgs of fat will make you look like you gained 5kgs of muscle. No contact should be cutting time.
If you are a skinny dude maybe ignore this advice but get your ass in the gym anyway.
4) At some point during my 90 days of more or less no contact I started to realize that I wasn’t going to be able to party and fck my way through the pain. I made some small but significant positive changes in my work life, my family life, and in my spiritual life that have ended up giving me more comfort that all of the above.
5) Finally, the most significant moment of the entire 90 days was the moment when I actually resolved to let go of the idea of my ex and I getting together. This moment came along with a huge realization that I want to share.

If you are on this forum posting about your situation you have already lost all control over your relationship with this woman and you have lost the ability to get her back. If she reaches out to you it is not going to because of something you do or say. The possibility of reconciliation with your ex is controlled by a host of random factors completely outside of your control. It is therefore senseless for you to fantasize, dream, plan, or hope that she will come back.

It doesn’t matter how you do it but you got to let go and abolish the hope that she is coming back. Trick yourself, distract yourself, but get yourself to this mental state as quickly as you can. This is key.

For me, I had my moment of "well...its time to let go of her for real this time!" and I ended up having an incredible date with an extraordinary new woman less than a week later. The fact that I was out with this woman was a product of all the hard work I had done over 90 days, the fact that I had an incredible time was a product of finally letting go of the dream of my ex coming back to me.

When I originally started composing this post my idea was to share to you guys what SHE was up to during the no contact period. I thought that it would be helpful to you. I spent a pretty awesome intimate time with her and learned quite a lot about how she coped, what she did etc. However I think it is counterproductive to talk about her because we are all spending too much time thinking about what she is up to during our no contact. It is better for me to encourage you to kill all thoughts of her in your mind and focus on what you can be doing right now to get better.

I'm not sure what is going to happen with her and I moving forward except to say it probably wont work out long term and my daily task these days is to be ok with that. We had an incredible time together and still love each other but in the end "I" am more important than "us" and my personal path is the priority.

Thanks for listening
I have no intentions of getting back with my EX or any EX. They are that for a reason, and your whole post is counter productive. The point of NC dude is to heal and MOVE ON. Not get back with your ex. I know where you are right now. Ive posted on here talking about my day to day NC before and close to the 60 day mark she came back. I went back and re read my posts, i sound just like you. I was happy and said things like "i know this wont work out" etc just like you are now. But look where i am again, take my advice and LEAVE her. Or we will see you on here again in a month or so doing NC.

VenX

Don Juan
Reaction score
NC Day 6

Been doing alright. Been able to sleep well. Still think about her sometimes, but then have to quickly remind myself of why she left, how much she hurt me, and other thoughts to convince myself that she was toxic for me, the relationship would have ended anyways so it was better sooner than later, etc.

Found this article which has helped and is something I will definitely work on. It's about becoming emotionally self reliant and how relying on others to provide us with happiness is unhealthy.

http://zenhabits.net/self-reliance/

mkj1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
It has now been over a month since I posted this:

mkj1990 said:
Last night I was out with my friends. My ex once again started texting me that she needed to speak to me right away. I texted her back that I was busy right now, and that it had to wait until tomorrow. She went totally berzerk and started calling me and texting me four times an hour-ish. When I got home and went to bed she still kept calling me, so I eventually picked up. I could hear from her voice that she was drunk as hell.

What followed was a really interesting conversation. As mentioned she has broken up with me three times, but now she told me that I was an assh0le for not taking her back! Seriously! She said that I was evil for not giving her another chance! Wtf??? I tried to explain that when someone breaks up with you three times you don't trust that person anymore, and that trust is one of the most important things to make it work out with someone. But she didn't want to hear it. She then had a total breakout on me, telling me everything that has happened between us was my fault (despite telling me a couple of weeks ago that it was all HER fault.)

She then said: "Take me back, or I will delete you off Facebook and never speak to you again!"
My answer: "Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not taking you back, so do what you have to do. I can't take back an ex that first of all, I don't trust, and second don't live in the same part of the country as me anymore. (She's moving back here in four months) Hope you have a nice life. Take care of yourself."
She then said: "Ok, I'm deleting you from my life now. We'll never speak again!", and then hung up.

I went to bed, but guess what happened an hour later...?

She called me. Again.

She said: "Seriously, do you WANT me to delete you from my life???"
Me: "If you give me the choice between taking you back or you never speaking to me again I have no choice but to go for the latter."
I could hear her crying even more, hung up, and noticed today that she deleted me of Facebook.

So it seems like it's the end. Or do you guys think she will keep trying? I hope not...
So it's been over a month since she said she would never speak to me again.

Well, not only does she send me snapchat pictures several times a week, but yesterday she also sent me a text!

Her: "Hey, how are you doing?"
Me (the next day): "I'm allright. And U?"
Her: "I'm good. Was thinking about you yesterday, so just though I'd see how you were doing. *then tells me what she's been up to, how good she's been doing in school and so on, and so on*
Me: Cool. Good luck with the next project then. :)

How would you guys interpret this? Why the hell does she tell me she'll "delete me" from her life, but then keeps contacting me? Think she just wants to make sure that I don't forget about her? Was making great progress up until the point where she contacted me... Made my head spin again.

GuerrillaCyclismo

Reaction score
Social Media

I'm on day 24 of NC. Currently though I'm on day 2 of social media no contact, as in no viewing. Haven't deleted her from anywhere, have just avoided looking in these places.

Not sure if I'm ready to delete just yet (she hasn't deleted me last time I looked, 2 days ago), so instead I'm just avoiding the temptation to look.

Very very nearly had a look this morning, then realised how much it was ruining my day by constantly checking. It was becoming obsessive. The worst one was Whatsapp, constantly looking at her 'last online' time, wondering if she was doing the same (she admitted doing this the last time we broke no contact, to see if I was online, as we only really used this app with each other)

I also think a period of staying quiet yourself online helps, give away nothing about what you're doing. She will check, have no doubt about that. You feel like you want to show the world, or to be more truthful - her, how you're just getting on with things. It's completely transparent though, if you make out how things are great. I only upload my triathlon activities to my publicly visible twitter (my big hobby, and I've always tweeted these), other than that, say nothing, give nothing away.

Knowing I could check if I wanted to seems to make it more rewarding too and is making me feel stronger.

GuerrillaCyclismo

Reaction score
mkj1990 said:
It has now been over a month since I posted this:

So it's been over a month since she said she would never speak to me again.

Well, not only does she send me snapchat pictures several times a week, but yesterday she also sent me a text!

Her: "Hey, how are you doing?"
Me (the next day): "I'm allright. And U?"
Her: "I'm good. Was thinking about you yesterday, so just though I'd see how you were doing. *then tells me what she's been up to, how good she's been doing in school and so on, and so on*
Me: Cool. Good luck with the next project then. :)

How would you guys interpret this? Why the hell does she tell me she'll "delete me" from her life, but then keeps contacting me? Think she just wants to make sure that I don't forget about her? Was making great progress up until the point where she contacted me... Made my head spin again.
I had exactly the same last time my no-contact was broken by my ex. You've done the right thing, give nothing away, but be polite and friendly. She obviously wants to know what you're doing, what you're up to, etc. Just keep it very light and nondescript if you reply. I suspect she'll up the stakes and start asking more leading questions, prying for information.

You should feel good that you've got the upper hand :)

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 3.

It's easy this time because I knew misery was the other option. We aren't going to happen, so I might as well wall off that part of my life now. It is allowing me to work on myself. I actually hope she doesn't contact me because I don't want to respond and get sucked back into a dead end relationship.

I am content with the way I ended things. Seeking closure is pointless.