Please help me. I'm a fat 23 year old and I don't want to be this way anymore

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday evening turned into a bit of a dissapointment.

Didn't go boxing as i was stuck in traffic, and didn't have dinner until about 10pm. Went to bed 15 minutes later. In between i slipped up a bit with the diet too. Nothing major though, and its the first slip in over 2 weeks so today i aim to be better.

Diet:
Scrambled egg, mushrooms and one brown toast. Grapes to snack on.

2l green tea and will drink 2l of water after lunch.

Will have chicken and veg for lunch, and determined to have dinner before football tonight at 7pm.

Exercise:

No HIIT this morning, or weights last night. I will start on the weights tonight, after football.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow one week no update. Sowwwy! Will update everyday this week.

Friday could probably be my day off as i have a meal and night out planned.

Also no more Oatmeal in the mornings. The only carbs i will have are legusmus beans- if i include them for lunch- and possibly one slice of toast every odd morning.

I am pushing for a strong week- looking to improve on every passing day.

Diet:

Scrambled egg and mush with one toast this morning.

Lunch was two turkey fillets with veg, and some of the stinkiest pepper i have ever had.

Grapes to snack on. Unfortunately i had a few blocks of chocolate as well, but only two or three.

Evening will have chicken and veg.

Exercise: I could not drag myself out of the bed for HIIT! So i will be doing HIIT on Tuesday and Thursday this week.

This evening i have boxing, which i hope to make it to on time!

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last week I decided to see if i could maintain these new changes without updating this journal or being held accountable. The results were mixed, but i realised soon into the week that i have to update here in order for other readers, and myself, to track the progress i will be making.

So my week starts today, Tuesday:

Diet:

Scrambled egg and one brown toast. This is the only carbs i intend on eating everyday now. One brown bread.

Lunch i will be eating Chicken and veg for the rest of the weekday.

My workplace were giving slices of cake, so i had one..

For dinner, which i ate 4 hours before sleep, i had chicken and veg with some chilli sauce.

2l of green tea and 2l water.

A couple of spoons of ice cream on offer just before bedtime. Its these little things which i need to cut out of my diet in general.

Keep focusing on change.

Exercise:

Football this evening, HIIT tomorrow morning and Friday morning.

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe this is true. But I can't really say, as I have always been at a decent cardio level since my early teens...

Diet:
Scrambled egg and one brown toast this morning. Looking for 2l Green tea and 2l of water again today. More chicken and veg for lunch.

For dinner i had chicken, veg, one egg, mushrooms and onions.

Exercise:
HIIT this morning. Lasted just under 15 mins. I maintained a high level of 2min sprinting throughout the exercise, and was feeling cramps in my chest after 5 sprints so i stopped.

No karate this evening. I will force myself there next wednesday.

To lose weight, i need to start pushing my body over the threshold with regards to activity. I can't keep relying on HIIT and some steady state cardio in the evenings to result in the changes I am looking for.

Saying that, i also want to avoid burnout.

For the time being, every workout or cardio i do from now onwards i will give 100%. When my body can take it, i will start doing even more cardio in my week.

V

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet:

Had two egg omelete with chicken filling, and one brown toast for breakfast.

I had to make my own lunch today as i forgot to prepare my chicken and veg last night. So i had tomato soup, and a salad consisting of mint leaves, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn, carrots, coleslaw and some sauce. Not ideal or prefect, but it was the best choice in a very limited range.

Exercise:

Soccer match to play tonight. I am looking to give for 100% effort!

You can help!

I have been looking into Ephedra HCL, Lipo 6, aspirin and L-tyrosine to aid the cutting up. I've also been advised on something called ALLI. Any feedback on these from anyone with experience or opinion is greatly appreciated.

V

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i seem to fall off the wagon after a couple of successful weeks.

I hope this week is the start of a good long run on the wagon. I want to push myself past the tipping point, which i don't think i have crossed yet. I went up to 2 and a half weeks before i kind of fell off the wagon a bit, and my body just seemed to default to its normal habits and metabolic rate very quickly after that.

I think the tipping point will be going past the 3 week mark. Then the changes i am making will become the 'norm', and my body/metabolism will switch up to active fat burning by default.

I really want to push for 8 weeks straight on the wagon. If after that these changes have still not produced the results, i might have to start trying something else.

Its not been the best of starts to the next 8 weeks, but i have 55 more days to go, and am ambitious enough to say i want to improve on everyday for the next 2 months.

Exercise: What can i say. This morning must have been the worst gym session i have ever had. I managed to drag myself out of bed at 6.00am in after a severe lack of motivation, and got into the gym later than i usually do. Half way through HIIT i HAD to stop and go to the toilet before i started shiiting on the treadmill.

Got back in and did one more sprint before i called quits as my motivation was low again by now.

Tonight i'm going back to boxing for the first time in a while. I need to set some sort of development plan for my boxing, so i have a reason to go there every week.

Diet: Had a lot of carbs yesterday evening.

2l of greent tea so far. Had scrambled egg and one brown toast this morning. But someone offered my team some cookies this morning, and i ended up having three... I have grapes with me, but i don't i'll have any today, those cookies pretty much satisfied my sweet cravings.

Did i mention i have been promoted to team leader at work? I've been at the company exactly a year now. I owe much of my delevopment to this website, but still have a long way to go before i become the man of my dreams...

I will be looking more into supplements and pills to aid my weight loss for the next 8 weeks today. Stuff like Ephedra. If anyone has experience and opinions i would be glad to hear.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In addition to the 8 weeks of unskippable diet and workout, I have set my self a target of dropping two inches by the end of this month. I also want to stop wearing the Gold's Gym waist band i wear when i exercise, which apparently helps reduce fat, but i mainly wear to give me a slimmer waist look.

(http://images.productserve.com/preview/1417/32269301.jpg)

These goals should motivate me to perfect the diet and get myself in to the gym three mornings a week for HIIT.

Other goals i have set myself for the end of the month which should motivate me to keep up the evening activity this month:

Boxing: Perfect my basic defence, proper stance, good balance and offence techniques. I am aiming to go to 3 classes this month.
Shotokan Karate: Hoping to reach Kihon stage by the end of this month. Pushing for 4 lessons this month.
Football: Work my way back into my club's first team training by the end of September by improving my fitness and agility.
Salsa: Going to start this week, so by end of month i want to be able to do some basic dancing on the dance floor.

These targets gives my mind something to work with and for. I hope to reward myself with, better-fitted shirts as well if i can keep this up for +3 weeks.

Diet: So far not bad. Eggs, one toast and mushrooms for breakfast. Snacking on grapes. Only one cookie today. An improvement on yesterday, which is the important thing at this stage.

Chicken and veg for lunch, and some protein and veg for dinner i hope.

I cheated near bed time and had a couple of spoons of ice cream, so somethnig to improve on tomorrow.

Exercise: Football was very good tonight. Did try the weights before i went to bed, but again no desire, goal or reason and i fell off pretty quickly. I need to set myself a routine of what to curl, when, and how many, and why I am doing it. I will look into this tomorrow.

V

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will look into a weights program today and implement this, as everytime i attempt some weights, be it yesterday evening, or this morning, i fall off very quickly because i am going into them aimlessly and without much desire.

Diet: Scrambled egg and one brown toast this morning. I had one hash brown as well, so something to improve on in tomorrow morning's breakfast. N.B. I have always had breakfast AFTER HIIT.

Easily hitting 2l Green tea and 2l Water today.

For lunch I had chicken and veg, but didn't make myself enough adn ended up having some soup.

For dinner I had chicken, veg, onion, sweetcorn and one egg. But later in the evening i lost my discipline and fell off the wagon a bit and some bad carbs...

Must be because it is Wednesday, and i always always struggle for discipline Wednesdays. Next week i will go into 'Perfect Wednesday' mode!

Exercise:

Did HIIT this morning and lasted about 25 minutes (15 mins excluding warm up and warm down walk).

I decided to do shorter sprints than i usually do, so 60secs now, but at faster speed. It left me pretty shattered, and i got upto x5 sprints before the cramps and breathlessness start to kick in and i stopped. At the time I felt i could push myself for one more sprint though but decided against it, so hopefully x6 next time.

You Can help

I do all my sprints at the same speed, with 120-150 seconds walk in between. The later sprints really leave me feeling like sh!t, but the first few are not as punsihing. Perhaps i need to do the first few at a more challenging speed, or is this normal? I also think maybe the intervals between the sprints could be jogs rather than walks. This really could push my body and leave it feeling fvcked afterwards.

Simply put, the more intense i workout, the longer and greater the fat burning during the day.

Also read that if i don't eat before HIIT, my body is going in a catablic state, so i am wasting my time? WTF?

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_150/152b_fitness_tip.html

http://www.intervaltraining.net/weight-loss-tips.html

Adjustment to be made starting tomorrow.

I am planning on going karate tonight, so more cardio to get the body moving.

V

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How intense is the boxing training you do? I did only light sparring last night for 45 minutes, and afterward my shirt was like I had jumped into a pool with it on. Time spent listening to an instructor talk does not really count towards your cardio. It's the same with karate. If you are not soaked with sweat by the time you are done, then you're not getting the full benefit of it.

Good job keeping at it, though.

And I'm not so sure about the grapes - they are sugar, too. It's better than processed sugar, but fruit is still sugar.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man

They are definetely good workouts. The only time i spend talking to the instructor is if he is teaching me something new, or correcting my stance, punch etc. I am dripping with sweat and my arms really ache 20 mins into the hour session, so all good.

We practice our punches and stances all hour, and then some more if we want to stay on, and at some point in the hour we get in the ring and box for 5-10 minutes.

I was actually looking at the grapes today and turns out 1/5 of the pack i eat a day contains 15.4g of sugar.... I think i maybe cutting that out as well. Is there anything you can recommend in its place, my body begs for something sweet everyday...

Diet:

Egg and brown bread for breakfast, so an improvement on yesterday.

Planning on chicken and veg for lunch, and same again for dinner. Any sort of discipline tonight is better than yesterday's effort...

Exercise:

Nothing so far today. I have football later tonight, and will push myself. I will also start taking the weights seriously before bedtime, which must be 11pm latest. I have been tucking into bed as late as midnight recently, and need to to rest early i'ma get up for HIIT tomorrow.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GUys i am looking for an uplifting week starting today. I want to stay on schedule and have a pefect week in terms of diet, HIIT, afternoon exercise and effort.

So here goes

Diet:

Scrambled egg first thing in the morning. After HIIT i had mushrooms and and one grilled tomato.

For lunch i had a small portion of chicken and turkey, and ate the rest later in the day.

Dinner was more chiken and veg, prob mixed with some spices.

2l green tea and 2l water.

No cheats until the very end of the day, when i couldn't help myself to a bowl of soup at home.

Exercise:

Did the most intense session of HIIT yet. My sprints were at 18 kmh (i usually do 16kmh) and by 30 seconds i was struggling, but managed to hit and sometimes go over 60secs everytime. I only lasted 10 minutes- not including warm up and down- and sprinted 5 times.

I am sure i can do x6 sprints next time, which i think will be friday, as i am planning on HIIT-ing the bike on Wednesday for the first time.

Went boxing and while it was good to catch up on everything again, i didn't workout as much as i usually do.

I've also noticed my stamina and strength is mediocre compared to other guys boxing there, although its fair to say they have been there much longer than i have. Towards the end my arms were all aching and tired, the strength of my punch was slow and weak, while most of the others were still hard hitting and quick.

I am sure this will come about if i keep up on the weights.

V

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed a habit i have. I am very bad at finishing anything i have ever started on a high, if at all.

The beginning of my week is full of enthusiam and determination. Towards the end i seem to relax and default back to my old ways.

The start of my day is usually the strongest- getting up early for HIIT, perfect diet and enthusiasm. Then towards the end of every evening, i find it hard not to cheat or treat, focus on finishing off the day the way i started it.

So this is something to work on/remind myself of. Finsihing strongly what i have started strongly. Be it the day, or the week, boot camp, a book etc. Its a habit i need amend.

Diet:

Didn't have time to split my breakfast in to two smaller meals this morning, so just had the scrambled egg and one toast together, andi feel stuffed!

Chicken and veg for lunch, chicken and veg for dinner, hopefully split out for the rest opf the day into smaller meals.

Exercise:

I was going to get up this morning and do some weights, but i ended up getting up late for work.

I have got football training tonight, so some intense cardio going down!

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
another week another round of diet and exercise.

I am posting my reports in the evening in order to ensure i finish tjhe days off stronger than i usually do:

Diet:

Scrambled egg this morning (made up of only one egg), a couple of fried mushrooms later.

Chicken and veg for lunch.

A few gums to tackle the sweet cravings.

2l of green tea, and hopefully 2l of water by end of today.

Chicken and veg again for dinner this evening.

Exercise:

No HIIT. I will be doing that tomorrow and Thursday morning.

I will be going boxing in a couple of hours...

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not updated this in ages due to recent workload (quarter end and all..).

Anyway, things have calmed down a bit now and i've just got some time to update.

HIIT has been seriously slacking since last time i update. However, i have been getting exercise in most evenings after work.

At the moment i am going over time regarding the evening exercise. Boxing Mondays, Football/soccer Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Salsa Fridays.

I can feel my hamstring twitching a lot recently, and am worried any HIIT might result in over exercising when combined with all the evening cardio. Add that to the fact that it is really dark cold now in the mornings, and you don't think you would be enthusiasticly keen on morning gym either at the moment.

I have stepped up the weights addition, and now do one muscle every night when i get home.

My main focus now though is on the diet, which i have come to realise is this cornerstone of cutting body fat. I have really started sharpening this up and taking full responsibility for what exactly i am taking in.

Breakfast i am having scrambled egg, veg and two massive spoons of Peanut Butter.
Lunch i am having one fillet of Chicken, with some regular salad (lettuce, cucumber and tomato), chick peas/kidney beans and some Virgin olive oil, and a dash of salad cream/sauce.
For Dinner, 5 hours before bed, I am eating just a fillet of Chicken.

In between all that upto 4L of water/green tea.

I have noticed my body trimmed up recently. When noteable results start showing, i will post pictures.

This has been pretty much the story today.

One thing i am hoping to do in expense of HIIT, is turn my cardio in the evening into 'HIIT' sessions. So in boxing tonight, I will give my all for a minute during one exercise, and then take a few minutes breather before starting high impact on the next one.

Everything went perfect today except for the end when i had fist sized portion of home-made spag bol. Sorry, its my absolute favorite food!

V

Last edited:

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you drinking so much green tea? For the Vitamin C or is it something else?

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is any other food or drink reported to have as many health benefits as green tea?

Today, scientific research in both Asia and the west is providing hard evidence for the health benefits long associated with drinking green tea. For example, in 1994 the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published the results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent. University of Purdue researchers recently concluded that a compound in green tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells. There is also research indicating that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.

The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke.

New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters. In November, 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and green tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine or a placebo.

Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation beyond that explained by its caffeine content per se. The green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both.

Green tea can even help prevent tooth decay! Just as its bacteria-destroying abilities can help prevent food poisoning, it can also kill the bacteria that causes dental plaque. Meanwhile, skin preparations containing green tea - from deodorants to creams - are starting to appear on the market.

Herbs for Health magazine cites a Japanese report stating that men who drank ten cups of green tea per day stayed cancer-free for three years longer than men who drank less than three cups a day (there are approximately 240 - 320 mg of polyphenols in three cups of green tea). Meanwhile, a study by Cleveland's Western Reserve University concluded that drinking four or more cups of green tea per day could help prevent rheumatoid arthritis, or reduce symptoms in individuals already suffering from the disease.

Personally, it keeps my appetitie down, and I actually love the taste (before it goes lukewarm!)!

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My motivation has wained recently regarding the weights every night.

So to keep myself motivated, i will report my weights workout here seperately, in order to give me some accountability. All i've got is two dumbells, can't remember what weights they are, but heavy enough that i struggle to finish one set of tricep curls.

How did yesterday go?

Diet:

Scrambled egg consisting of one Egg and some skimmed milk, with peanut butter for breakfast. No veg as we had ran out.

luinch one chicken fillet, with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, kidney beans, chick peas, sweetcorn, topped with some virgin oliver oil and a spoon of salad sauce.

Dinner chicken, mushrooms, onions.

2l water, 2l green tea.

Not perfect day though. I had one chocolate filled donut as it was my colleagues birtday sweets, and 4 or 5 leftoverchips with my dinner.

Cardio:

Football for two hours. Not the most intense games i've ever played. Boxing was a bit dissapointing as well yesterday. Neither through any fault of my own. Thats just the way it all panned out.

Weights:

Was planning to do biceps, but motivation waned. Thus the idea to start reporting my weights workout here starting today.

You Can help:

I have decided to aid my weight loss with supplement/s. GMC recommended something called Thermo-lala. Someone else recommended Ephedra hcl, lipo 6, or l-tyrosine.

Can you advise me on these or anything thats worked for you in the past?

Peace V

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, nowhere close to eating enough man.

You're pushing weights around, playing football, and boxing. 1 egg in the morning isn't gonna cut it. There's an old lady at my gym who eats 12 egg whites for breakfast, I dont agree with removing the yolk, but hey at least she's getting some quality protein in.

Breakfast...

Bump it up to 6ish eggs in the morning, add a scoop of whey, and a piece of fruit. Drop the skim milk and drink full cream milk.

Good lunch, sounds tasty.

Add another solid meal in to your early afternoon, a piece of steak will do nicely.

For dinner hit up another piece of chicken or some fish.

Drop the donuts, save them for your once-every-two-week cheat day.

congrats on getting yourself motivated again.