Please help me. I'm a fat 23 year old and I don't want to be this way anymore

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A new page is just what i need to record a new start to this journal.

First thing is first. My height is 5ft 9, and i weight 92kg.

My calorie maintanance level i am struggling to work out at the moment.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-c...ightmeter=180&ckg=60&cactivity=1.375&x=65&y=5

you need 2608 Calories/day to maintain your weight
you need 2108 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week

http://www.theloseweightdiet.com/lose-weight2.html

Your estimated daily calorie maintenance level is: 2096

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Maintenance: 2613 Calories/day
Fat Loss: 2090 Calories/day

I have a desk/office job, so i am fairly sedentary during the day, however i do exercise at 3 times a week on average. I am going by 2000 calorie intake this week, and plan on exercising at least 5 days. 4 of these will be in the evening, one will be a morning session. Nice amd easy. Next week perhaps push it on a bit and do a few more mornings gym sessions.

My diet so far this week is

breakfast 100 cal one egg, 124 cals a teaspoon v olv oil, 50 cals veg, 132 cals x2 apple: 406 cals 
Lunch: 262 cals salmon, 100 salad 258 cals two teaspoon v olv oil, 20 cals chilli pepper, 20 cals lemon: 660 cals
dinner:?

breakfast: Or 165 cals bran flakes, 49 cals milk, 132 cals x2 apples: 346 cals
lunch:146 cals chicken breast fillet, 50 cals veg, lemon 20 cals, chill pepPer 20 cals, 258 cals a teaspoon v olv oil: 484 cals
dinner:?

Either way, i am going to be eating less than 1000 cals before dinner has even been served, and remembet i am going for 2000 a day this week. So i think i will have to throw in a few more stuff into my breakfast just to push the calorie count up a bit i.e more eggs, more fruit, tuna in the omelette or something.

V

Last edited:

maj

Reaction score
Keep at it V, your efforts are fantastic. Your sugar cravings are bad though! Just don't keep such items in your house or if you do, make them yourself with far less sugar and fat.

Practise good cooking habits. You've been buying healthy foods but ensure you're cooking them to be as light as possible. Steam what you can. Don't bother with butter or polyunsaturated spreads on sandwiches, if you have them. Try to avoid foods high in saturated fats as your body has trouble with these. Good fats are encouraged, but in smaller doses. You mentioned two tablespoons of olive oil a day? I reckon that's still quite a lot.

Oh and for what it's worth, have the two apples at separate times rather than together. My dietitian suggested this, I guess because it's more beneficial somehow.

Also, if you miss a meal or are just busy, check out Sustagen. It's a meal 'replacement' drink, but it may be more energy than is recommended for you. Check the label.

Go see a doctor and get a few blood tests done. You've got nothing to lose by doing this, and it may reveal something else at play that's holding you back.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maj, thanks for your support. Butter and saturated fats I trying to cut out completely, bread i am doing over time. One table spoon for the omelette in the morning, the other on my salad at lunch. On Bran flakes day i am also having cod liver oil.

The apples for sure i am eating on in the morning before lunch, the other after mid-day, after lunch. Its definitely a good idea. I will also look into Sustagen, and will consider the blood test. I mean why not?

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Patient reader,

I have good progress to report. The last three days have been excellent, and the fact that this is life style change, and not some 3 month crash course where i am not allowed to fail has had a positive impact on my form.

I am easing my way into this change. The past three daytimes has been nothing but a success. Apples have replaced chocolate, 4litres of green tea and water consumed with ease, and i am actually enjoying my food again. Monday and today i had a bowl of brankflakes with semi-skimmed milk, and for lunch chicken and veg, topped with some gravy. Tuesday and tomorrow i will have 3 egg omelette and veg for breakfast, and smoked salmon and salad for lunch.

I have also brought in one chilli pepper and one lemon into my diet every day to add a bit of edge to the lunch. Plus they are good for me.

Monday and today i took long walks to and from work, and refuse to use lifts any more. Yesterday i was back playing football.

But before i move on, i must be held accountable for the bad times. My good work during the last three days has been undone by my actions in the last three evenings. Monday one chocolate biscuit treat turned in two, and then a lemon cheesecake lol. Tuesday i had a bit of rice and bolognese with chicken for my 9.45pm dinner, and apple pie for desert. Tonight was better, Chicken and a small portion of rice.

Out of the house i am in control of what i am eating. In the house, and its whatever my parents stock up and cook from the fridge, a its the sort of stuff that's got me here in the first place. I would say the problem is not mine, but it must be, otherwise i personally will never change. Gradually i will begin to take responsibility for my eating, no matter what is served up for me, but i am not going to beat myself up too much for the time being.

It has dawned on me again that i must enjoy eating/doing what it is i am supposed to be eating/doing otherwise it will never stick. The food i am now enjoying and have no problems sticking to.

The exercise is a little different. While boxing is new and sounds interesting, i don't enjoy or look forward to doing it on Mondays, not at least on my own. So i am inconsistent with it. The same applies to gym on my own. This week one of my best friends has invited me to start gyming with him 3-4 times a week. Its an offer i will take up, despite the potential rise in membership cost, as i will enjoy going every day with some one i get along with. If the boxing still doesn't fill me with enthusiasm, i will drop it for a sport i do enjoy.

BY next week i aim to have started cutting out the evening cheats, and implemented more intense exercises into my week.

V

Life style change means enjoying it first and foremost.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
great work mate! sounds really promising.

One thing bothers me though, I dont think you are eating enough!

having a normal sized dinner isnt "failing", nor is eating pudding, the chocolate and cheese cake might have been excessive but thats only one day out of three.

Think about it, you can only lose approx 1-2 lbs per week sensibly, a pound is 3500 calories deficit, so say you are aiming for 500-1000 calories deficit per day, A guy your age and height/weight hitting the gym and walking pleanty etc is probably burning at least 2500 a day, so you can eat 1500-2000 and still lose weight. that means you can have 3 solid meals, Dont under eat, you risk failing that way because your body will go into "starvation mode" and also you will be hungry so more likely to snack on crap.

have you got a fitday.com account? It might help you get a better idea of how many calories you are burning and eating.

keep it up!

Cure.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All thanks for the advice and help.

This is the week i really want to start kicking on with these changes.

Today i drank over 6 litres of water/green tea.

For breakfast i increased my egg intake to x3 egg omelete with spinach and veg, but didn't manage to finish it (200 cals egg, 100 cals spinach, 50 cals veg. 125 cals olive oil)

For lunch i had smoked salmon and salad, which included some potatoes, kidney beans and sweetcorn amongst the cucumber and lettuce (265 cals salmon, prob 150 cals salad?) IN between those i had two apples and two bananas (400 cals fruit), and one very small mini Mars bar offered by work mate- celebrating something.

For dinner, more chicken, parsnips and some yogurt and spinach (my guess is another 500 cals, so 1800-2000 cals in total i hope).

I went boxing today, and enjoyed it. A good, if unremarkable session. I can only guess how many calories i burned. I would call it at 300 cals.

A bit of walking too- 20 mins worth.

Tomorrow i join a new gym with my buffed out buddy. We are committed to 3 times a week. So getting the weights involved as well now to burn the fat.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Really progressing today, and very very proud of it to!

another +6 litres of water/green tea.

I found no eggs in my fridge this morning, and had very little milk, but enough to make a branflakes cereal out of it. Two apples as well. (165 cals bran flakes, 49 cals milk, 132 cals x2 apples: 346 cals)

For lunch: 200 cals chicken breast fillet, 50 cals veg,

For dinner at 10pmI had chicken, and some mash called olivia, which is greek, and made of egg, gherkins, potato and mayo (i know it was naughty, but we move on). I played soccer for 3 hours. Proper weight training tomorrow

Also had a 20 min walk.

V

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This morning had 2 egg omellete with spinach and veg (200 cals egg, 50 cals spinach, 50 cals veg. 125 cals olive oil). I cheated/treated myself as well to one slice of brown break, a bit of philiedlphia cheese spread and smoked salmon.

Two apples, 200 cals.

For lunch i had smoked salmon (200 cals) and medium salad (some leaves, cucumber, sweetcorn, kidney beans, couple of small potatoes in some salad cream). I would call it at 150-200 cals. Also had a chilli pepper, and a lemon today, so 40 cals.

Not sure for dinner yet, prob another omellette, as i having a proper weights session today at the gym.

I think i will hit 6 litres of water/green tea. I've drank 5 litres so far.

5 days now and still no chocolate. The cravings for sweet things has also died down with each passing day, so only way is up!

v

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
remember, if you need the odd sweet thing, go for somthing healthy like sweet fruit, low fat yogurt, etc etc.
Also, if you do fail and get sweets, stuff like gummy bears/wine gums have 0% fat, so are marginally better than chocolate.

keep it up!

Cure.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spoke to soon Wednesday. That evening got offered to lindour chocolate eggs, and accepted without thought.

The weights session that evening was spot on, and my arms are really aching today (Friday). My weight made sure I did everything spot on with the technique, so was very good workout.

Thursday, I had branflakes breakfast, two apples, 4 litres of water and green tea (down 2 litres from yesterday). For lunch I had a lot of chicken and veg with some gravy. That evening I really pushed myself in soccer and out ran everyone really. Really spot on workout. But I let myself down in the evening, with spaghetti bolognese on offer, and chicken stir fry next to it.

Today I had spinach omelette for breakfast, two apples and just 2 litres of water. For lunch I had smoked salmon and salad, specifically lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, chick peas, and coleslaw. Also one chilli pepper, and one lemon too.

Everything was fine until about an hour ago when I had two chocolate bars. I was also highly motivated to go gym tonight so as to keep up with exercise every evening. Now I’m not so sure.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So sorry, been a week but i've been busy!

Okay starting from where I left off, I did end up going gym in the Friday evening, and had a very good work out! Shoulders, abdominals and chest got a great workout. ON Sunday my whole body was aching from my weights workouts Wednesday and Friday.

Saturday I remember having branflakes in the morning, and then went off on an all day walk around Central London with some girl. From about 12pm till 7pm. I am talking non stop walking, my legs were aching. Shame about the diet- we went to an Italian Restaurant and I had Lasagne. That night I also went to see some mates and ended up drinking 4 pints of Guinness, and eating a chicken fillet baguette and samosa.

Sunday I was back on track again, omelette in the morning, and a days work out in the form of football. In the evening I can’t remember what I had, but remember ending the week asking myself how can I do it better this time next week.

So the plan has been to improve on a successful week, and make it very successful. Cutting out on the evening biscuit, or cheese sandwich and perfecting it.

Monday started well enough- branflakes in the morning, chicken, veg and gravy with peppers for lunch. I’ve also added bananas into my daily intake of apples and lemons. Come the evening though, and I couldn’t drag myself to boxing class, and ended up having a night in.

Yesterday was just an off day from the start. No spinach in the house, so had a plain omellete with veg and couldn’t finish it because I wasn’t enjoying. So had a slice of bread with cheese spread. One apple, one banana, and come lunch I started on my salmon and salad. I started to physically felt like I was going to throw up, and noticed the salmon had gone off, and the salad was horrible. So I stopped and bought a chicken and veg soup instead.

In the evening I had soccer, which turned into a farce. Too many people had turned up so we split ourselves into 3 teams of five and I ended up in the rubbish one who kept getting beat (two goals and out). I don’t think I broke a sweat in the end. So I decided to head to the gym with my friend, 9pm, and he had injured himself! I decided to go home, and with no salad in the house, ended up eating two plates of white rice and chicken.

One the plus side, I’ve got Wii Fit now, and although it hasn’t made me break a sweat as yet, I plan to work on it an hour every morning next week before breakfast.

Also next week I plan on implementing lemons in every meal- breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as with my 5 cups of green tea a day,

Tonight will prob go gym, but I’ve been invited to a friends gathering to watch the Manchester vs. Milan game- be social or be meat head?

Saying that, the idea of eating and training like an athlete has been at the forefront of my mind recently. Rather than forcing myself to become an athlete, I must already SEE myself as a the sportscar, the genetically super human. My body has to be trained and pushed exceptionally, and fed the best quality, leanest cleanest stuff. Only by adopting this mindset, can real change come around.

Lastly, I've got pleenty pics take recently of me and my meals, so will try and get them uploaded.

V

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FOUR PINTS???

dude...

4 pints of guinness is over 800 calories.

4 single spirit/diet mixers is about 200...

Start making sensible decisions, being an athlete doesnt stop when you get to the pub!

but other than that well done you seem to be on the right track mate.

Cure.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know man, Baguette was probably about 500 cals as well. How can i do it better next time? Coke and vodka/wine.

Last two days have been an absolute flop. and the thing is, when i do fall off the tracks a bit and start having carbs, no exercise, physically and mentally i literally feel like sh!te. My body feels bloated, unagile and lethargic. Mentally i feel tired and slow. Emotionally i feel unergetic and much less secure. All this from just two days of carbs and no-exercise! Pretty bad, and its not a nice feeling.

When i am on track, lean meat, veg, little carsb and processed foods, lots of exercise, i feel full of energy, confident and open, alive and awake. Its remarkable what a difference daily diet and exercise makes to your overall mood, confidence and energy.

My thoughts are alreayd on next week, and the week after. I've noticed when i have great weeks like the last one, i go into the nex week and flop a bit like i have done this week. And this down to not being motivated enough.

You would have thought a successful week would motivate me on to repeat it again the following week, but its turning out that this is not the case. So Sunday evenings, i am dedicating my time to motivating myself for the coming week, what i am going to accomplish, the circumstances i am going to put myself in to achieve them, and where i want to be in terms of progress the next Sunday.

Next week i really want to make some progress with regards to cutting out crrap like chocolate, biscuits and suff that happen to be on offer to me or present themselves as an opportunity to consume.

There will be genuine plan of hwhat and how much i am going to eat and when, what i am going to do in terms of exercise every day and how much, and other little things like what time i am going to sleep, wake up. I am on a chosen path, and will deviate off it for no one.

At the weekend i will post up pictures of me, my meals and also write up a plan for the week/day. So what i will be eating, how much, what exercise i will be doing on that day, calorie intake and output, my current weight and target weight for the next week etc.

This gives me a greater chance of succeeding as opposed to what i am doing at the moment, i.e. writing up every evening about how my day was, how i did the same wrong thing as the day before etc, and no real target/plan or goal rather than vaaguely to lose weight and pretend i am an athlete.

Onwards and upwards!

V

Penalty

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I am qualified to advise you.

My crusade to lose fat has taken just over 2 years but that is because A) I had alot of fat to lose and B) My motivation changes every few months and lets be honest, I was downright lazy with my diet. If I had stuck to my plan like a good spartan I would have done it in a quarter of that time but no, I liked my sweets and I liked binging too much, hence it is only till now I have gotten to where I want to be.

I trained and dieted in all manner of ways but the ones that has really worked for me is working out in 3 day cycles and eating vegetables and lean meats:

This is an example of what I do:

Day 1: Circuit training, I do 10 minutes cardio, then some weights, 10 cardio again, weights etc for an hour.
Day 2: 30 minutes cardio - this is to catch up on minutes i may have missed the previous day because day 1 is morre focused on weights
Day 3: 10 min cardio to warm up, Weights, but different areas to what i did on day 1
Day 4: Rest

Day's 1 to 3 i work out hard. I eat meats and I eat vegetables and I drink alot of water.
Day 4: I eat what i like, it gives me a break from the other 3 days, I can rest and chill, do things that i might have been too busy to do the other 3 days. You do not pack on pounds on that 1 night... even if the scales say that you have... that is just weight of the foor you ate, don't be discouraged. It goes quickly because after this day its back to day 1, 2 and 3, rinse and repeat lol

The reasons why I think this works, at least for me, is because on that 4th day I am letting my body know its still getting calories, which keeps the thyroid gland from slowing down. My calories on day 1 - 3 are a little lower but they all come from good things where as day 4 I dont really count and what i eat can be good and bad, depends on whats closest lol

Keep at it dude, it CAN be done.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The plan, March 15th-21st

Penalty, thanks for the valuable experience. When i am having a week where i am not quite living up to my perfect Spartan standards, my motivation starts to wane and I sort of give up for the rest of the week and start go back to normal habits. This 3 day cycle might come in handy if say i start to have one of those weeks. 3 days a weeks is better than 0 days a week.

Patient reader, tonight I am dedicating my time to motivating myself for the coming week by writing up a plan, a path.

This should give me a greater chance of succeeding because i am working for something and taking it a step at a time, writing about about how my day WILL go. What i was doing before was thinking of the becoming some athlete in one week, and writing up my report every evening about how my day WENT, how i did the same wrong thing as the day before etc, and no real target/plan or goal rather than vaaguely to lose weight and pretend i am an athlete.

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The plan, March 15th-21st

Where I currently am,
My current weight , Pictures
Calories intake and output
Exercise
Diet,
General well being (little things like what time i am going to sleep, wake up)

Where i want to be in terms of progress/accomplishment next Sunday,
My Target weight, Pictures
Skills up

How i am going to go about doing it.
So what i will be eating, how much, when, why
what exercise i will be doing on that day, how much, and when, why
General Well being
The circumstances i am going to put myself in to achieve them
Where I currently am,
My current weight , Pictures
As endlessly promised, here are the pictures.
http://s365.photobucket.com/albums/oo92/dirty_garry/
The ones just uploaded are titled two weeks ago, one week ago, a picture of breakfast 1, Lunch 1, Lunch 2.

My current weight is 201.4 lbs, 91.4 kg.
Being 5ft 9, my BMI is 29- borderline obese
My waist is 40.5 inches

Apparently my calorie Maintenance is: 2613 Calories/day
Fat Loss: 2090 Calories/day

i eat more than i need to, basically. The calorie output most days is great- i do a couple of sports a week, but, i also over eat everyday,

Exercise, Diet
As it stands, my habits are to eat big. I'll include starters and dessert in meals, and usually add what ever makes additions make main meal nicer. I basically like to enjoy my food when it comes to eating. This coupled with an sedentary office job and standard evenings either on the sofa or on the computer doesn't make for good calorie deficit.

Just so doesn't give the wrong impression though, i am no couch potato slob. Many close friends and previous girlfriends comment that i never come across to people as 'fat'. Just a really big guy. I do more sport than a lot people i know. If i were to pin point my problem, it is basically that i eat more than i need to, and this could easily be fixed by cutting things down a bit.

General well being (little things like what time i am going to sleep, wake up)
I am sleeping late, and getting up really early for work. Mentally, i don't stress myself out too much, and like to be laid back about most things. I HATE losing though. It really winds me up, so thats something that needs working on. And i can pretty impatient person, especially when the computer starts freezing and processing for ages!

Where i want to be in terms of progress/accomplishment next Sunday,
My Target weight
If the general consensus is to lose 1-2/3 llbs a week, i guess that is where i am going to start. So the target is to be 199 lbs by this time next week.
And any sort of reduction in my waist measurement.
I am not expecting any visible difference in my muscles after my weights workout this week. But i am expecting to see some results by the end of this month.

Skills up
Boxing skills (Mondays class and every morning), more weight training and confidence. NO salsa this month. I hope to start this next month.

How i am going to go about doing it.
I will hopefully burn at least 500 cals a day in exercise. I am taking in at least 200 cals in food. 500 breakfast, 500 lunch, 500 dinner. Where i get the other 500 i am insure of as yet. Probably through fruit.

So what i will be eating, how much, when, why
I really want to make some progress with regards to cutting out crrap like chocolate, biscuits and suff that happen to be on offer to me or present themselves as an opportunity to consume.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturdays (M,W,F,S) breakfast will be branflakes, with semi-skimmed milk, two apples, and a lemon. That's about 400 cals. I am also considering throwing in some fruit juice on these mornings. Maybe grapefruit, or cranberry, depending on which one is better...

Breakfast Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays will be spinach omelette, with veg, lemon, and two apples. Thats over 500 cals.

Lunch on M,W,F,will be diced breast chicken, with veg, lemon, chilli pepper, and perhaps gravy. I count that as 400 cals. Saturdays i usually eat out on this day, be it with a friend or on a date, but I will try and eat sensibly nonetheless.

Lunch on Tuesdays, Thursdays, lunch is smoked salmon, salad, lemon, chilli pepper. Should be 450 cals. I am also considering making it a mixed fish lunch. So with the salmon, i will throw tuna and sardines as well... Will give it more thought this week.

For dinner, It is probably going to be vegetable omelette and salad, 500 cals, or chicken and mixed veg, 500 cals. Will have lemon with ever meal.

If it isn't working out, next week i will have grass-fed beef in the evenings with veg.

what exercise i will be doing on that day, how much, and when, why
Every weekday and sunday morning I plan on getting on the Wii fit. So i will be getting up tomorrow morning at say 5.30am, and doing a 30-40 minute routine, which includes warm up, boxing and mainly other aerobics. When i am done tomorrow i will update with what it was i did, and how much calories i burned in total.

This Monday evening, I will be going boxing class for an hour- hour and 1/2. I imagine i burn 500 cals there. I will also be walking to and from work to the bus for a good distance, and also walking to shops and post office at lunch to do some shopping and posting. I aim to be in bed by 10.00pm

Tuesday, same walking to and from bus to work, but no gym, football or exercise this evening, because I will be attending my beloved Chelsea against Inter. I will also resist junk food usually being sold around and in the ground. I will be getting back home by 10pm or 11.30pm, depending on whether the match goes into extra time. Either way straight to bed as soon as I get back home.

Wednesday is when things start to go wrong in my Spartan standard regime. So more focus than ever to not slack and stay on course mentally and physically. More walking to and from bus to work. In the evening i will be going gym for a weights session with my friend. I aim to be home by 10pm latest, and straight into bed.

Thursday more walking to and from bus to work.. Again, must stay focused and professional in my regime. NO cheats or snacks. In the evening i have a 5-a-side game of soccer for an hour, and these games tend to push me a lot physically. So a great amount calories will be burnt. I will be back home fairly early- by 8pm latest. So will have some time to sort a few things out and be in bed by 10pm.

Friday i tend to slack a lot. The aim today is to not drive into work, but once again walking to and from bus to work. In the evening it will be a gym weights session. And i should be back home by 8.30pm latest. Plenty of time to go to bed by 10pm, or go out and socialise if invited.

Saturday I will do my wii fit, have my branflakes cereal, and for the rest of the day i will be walking out and about in London, probably having lunch outdoors as well. In the evening the plan is to go for a meal with my parents, so whilst i will try and be professional, i don't think there will be any harm having a cheat meal tonight (probably white rice and not the leanest lamb meat). I will have one eye on the calories. Porbably a late night.

Sunday tends to be hit and miss. Either its great on the diet and exercise, or i wake up late, slouch around the house all day and watch some films. This Sunday will be the former. I am undecided whether to do the wii fit, but there will be plenty of football during daylight. In the evening i will be cooking my meals for next week, and logging my progress and coming plans here.

General Well being
Bed by 10pm, or as soon as possible if i am getting in late. This week i am also working on being more extrovert and positive in my personality.

The circumstances i am going to put myself in to achieve them
I find that i often need to have all the circumstances in place if i am to have a successful week. What this means is that if i am to be getting up 5.30am in the mornings, I can't be feeling sleepy. So i need to be putting myself in bed early the night before, otherwise it happening in the morning (What can i say, I like to sleep b!tch).

My lunch and dinner needs to be there for me to take/eat otherwise, its an excuse to buy something unhealthy. So i ensure the night before, i have what i am going to be eating the next day all ready and waiting to be heated/cooked.

This is why i struggle sometimes to get myself to places in the evenings. There are no circumstances for me to be at boxing tomorrow evening. Taking myself there is half the battle because it takes willpower and motivation. So tomorrow morning i need to be motivating myself throughout the day to go boxing. I nmight go through loads of classic boxing match reports on the internet, or watch vidfeos of boxers beating up bullies, or pictures of Ricky Hatton fat and then fit for boxing.

Wednesdays is a hard day. Its when i start slacking in my diet, and need the urge to drag myself to the gym. So i hope to force myself there by telling my friend to arrive there before i have. This will leave me accountable for him, as well as myself, and mean i am more likely to go so as to not let him down, as well as myself. In terms of diet, i've got to try and stay focused, and ask myself if i can better Tuesdays effort.

Right, that is over 2 hours worth of writing there. I am ready for next week. I am ready to work on looking better for Sundays photo of myself.

Genetically different baby.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday

Wii FIT this morning. It calculated my workout as 43 mins, and 180 cals burned. I started it at 5.30am and finished at 6.45am. The extra time was watching the examples of what to do.

Exercises were good, not much cardio but a lot of aerobics and yoga stuff. I can't remember everything i did off the top of my head, but will find out tonight and post up. It was an overall body workout, and my body feels stretched and flexible today so far. I did sweat, but only the amount you do when you've just done a good warm up.

Highly recommended, good and enjoyable enough to be doing it again every morning this week.

Breakfast straight afterwards I had branflakes, with semi-skimmed milk, two apples, and a lemon. That's about 400 cals. I also managed to drink 3 pints of water, and 1 pint of Green tea. Im sure that calculates as one litre.

Just coming before lunch now and i've got infront of me two apples, two bananas, a litre of green tea and a litre of water. I will be having another litre of water for lunch, another litre of water and green tea after lunch, and then another litre of water during/after boxing.

Lunch will be will be diced breast chicken, with veg, lemon, chilli pepper, and perhaps gravy. I count that as 400 cals.

For dinner, It is probably going to be vegetable omelette and salad, 500 cals, or chicken and mixed veg if thats whats being cooked at home. Both 500 cals. Will have lemon with what ever meal too.

This evening, I will be going boxing class for an hour- hour and 1/2. I imagine i will burn upto 500 cals there. I have and will be walking to and from work to the bus for a good distance, and also walking to shops and post office later at lunch to do some shopping and posting. I aim to be in bed by 10.00pm

There are no circumstances for me to be at boxing this evening. Taking myself there is half the battle because it takes willpower and motivation. So today i will to be motivating myself throughout the day by seeing through a positive perspective all the benefits of going boxing. I'll read a few classic boxing match reports on the internet, watch videos of boxers beating up bullies, and search for pictures of Ricky Hatton fat and then fit for boxing. I will also imagibe myself enjoying it there and the class going really well!

Finally, i will not be eating any sweets, biscuits and chocolates. There were some on the table this morning, but i simply picked them up and put them in the cupboard. I won't be tempted.

Genetically different baby!

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday evening, Tuesday

Went boxing monday night and knocked myself out exercising. Came home, and behold, pizza was on the table cooked and ready to eat. I had one bite, which turned into two, which turned into a slice which turned into 3 slices and some garlic bread. To say i scoffed it down unhappily and with regret is an understatement. I went to bed angry, but determined. This was a lesson. A platform on which not to do it again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wii Fit Tuesday morning, 45 mins exercise and 213 cals burned. I started it at 5.30am and finished at 6.30am. The extra time was watching the examples of what to do. It was an even better session than Monday's one. The great thing about it is it works out your whole body, so besides the cardio, there stretches and yoga for the back, arms, hips, abs, thighs, everywhere.

Same walking to and from bus to work, but no gym, football or exercise as I went to the game at Stamford Bridge. A lot of jumping, singing and shouting if that helps! Got home at 10.30pm and didn't go to bed until 11.30pm.

Breakfast straight afterwards Wii fit was Spinach omelette with veg, red onions, and chilli peppers. That's about 400 cals. I also managed to drink 3 pints of water, and 1 pint of Green tea. Im sure that calculates as one litre.

Had two apples, one banana, and in total 5 litres of water/green tea. 300 cals.

Lunch smoked salmon, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn, chick peas, and virgin olive oil, lemon, chilli peppers. Must have been around 500 cals. Was very very nice, but maybe too much, i was bloated and struggling to finish my plate.

For dinner, i had to think up something to take away and eat whilst on my way to the game. I ended up going in to Subway, and getting massive bowl of salad: lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, sweetcorn, green peppers, pickles, jalepenos, some beef, and a lot of pepper. No sauce. Was very nice, and i was proud of my choice. I've found the beef to be about 121 cals, so all the salad with that i can't imagine it being more than 300 cals in total.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday

Wednesday is when things start to go wrong in my Spartan standard regime. No such major issues today though.

Wii Fit this morning, 47 mins exercise and 229 cals burned. I started it at 5.30am and finished at 6.30am. It didn't feel as good a session as yesterdays. I woke up in the morning feeling the effects of yesterdays workout, so my body was recovered enough for me to go all out. But apparently i burned more calories, so yea. One thing i have been reminded of this week so far is how much more easier it is for me to stick to my diet, moderate my eating, and i feel more full through out the day when i exercise first thing in the mornings.

Same walking to and from bus to work. I went to the gym for a weights session with my friend, got there at 7pm and left about 8.15pm. Good session, worked on my lower back, abs, biceps, triceps. Not really feeling the breakdown yet, but i know my arms will be aching usually the next day or two after the session. How many calories did I burn? Not really sure, must have been at least 300 surely. It was a very good workout.

Breakfast straight afterwards I had branflakes, with semi-skimmed milk, two apples, a banana and a lemon. That's about 400 cals. I also managed to drink a litre of water, and 1 pint of Green tea.

For lunch i had diced breast chicken, with veg, lemon, chilli pepper, and some gravy. I count that as over 400 cals. Also a 2 litres of water, and a 2 litres of green tea.

Before i went to the gym, i had 4 or 5 chips with some ketchup. Literally just 4 or 5 sticks of chips. No real harm done, and I am only human.

For dinner, i had something decent for a change. One cooked haddock, and a small breast of chicken covered in tandoori. Also one litre of water. All consumed after my workout. I count it as 450 cals AT MOST.