Please help me. I'm a fat 23 year old and I don't want to be this way anymore

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This morning ran 8 km/55 mins on treadmill, burning 600+ cals in the process.

I will be walking for an hour later today to and from a house to sort some stuff out, so should be more cardio/cals burned.

For breakfast had a bowl of poridge, and 2 apples. For lunch had a chicken breast with some lemon sauce, some veg and cauliflower cheese.

But i am having a tough time with the sweety/sugar intake. I gave in and had 3 oreo biscuits and 2 chocolate pieces, which amountd to something outrageous like 260 calories.

Tonight not sure what i'll be eating. Prob just some veg, nothing too big.

V

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Violent V said:
But i am having a tough time with the sweety/sugar intake. I gave in and had 3 oreo biscuits and 2 chocolate pieces, which amountd to something outrageous like 260 calories.
Don't worry about it. Anytime you get these cravings, make sure you eat LESS. Gradually cut down.

What is porridge? You mean oatmeal...

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah oatmeal. Tomorrow i will go shopping and stock up required foods such as beans, veg, etc.

I have no sweets or nothing at home either, its just that at work my manager likes to bring in chocolates and sweets to share out among our team, and its hard to resist when its just lying there and you have a hard sweet craving cos all you've eaten during the day is chicken, salad, veg and fruit and water!

Saying that though, no one said losing weight was going to be easy, so i will have to fight it off through willpower and imagination and hopefully in a week or two, the sugar craving will die.

Walked for at lease an hour and half today, so thats my evening cardio done as well. Must remember to sleep early tonight as well. :rockon:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you just can't cut the carbs, the alternative is counting calories. it's at least as hard, but it also works.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been reading up a lot here last few days and learnt a lot.

My aim is to have cut up in 8-12 weeks time.

Due to the low amount of calories i have been eating for the last few months, my metabolism has most probably slowed way down, and my body has been in survival mode, hence no fatloss.

The long steady long cardio i have been doing on the treadmill, followed by little/lack of resistance weight training explains why i have noticed a reduction in muscle during the year.

Based on http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and http://www.theloseweightdiet.com/lose-weight2.html, I am aiming for 2300 cals a day next week.

Diet:
I am determined to cut the carbs and sweets. I am taking a bit more control of my diet so that my circumstances next week dictate that i won't be eating carbs or sweets later during the day.

Been shopping for next week:

Porridge Oats, eggs and apples before lunch

Chicken breast fillets, Turkey or Beef with veg and beans (or occasionally brown pasta... has anyone got some advice on this?) for lunch

Maybe a small salad in between here.

Vegs for the dinner.

Apples and nuts for snacks.

Water and greet tea for drinks.

Exercise:
I will be doing HIIT on the treadmill 3 times a week. If anyone has some useful links or advice, that would be greatly appreciated as i am pretty much a beginner on this.

Weight training after HIIT. I'm talking proper resistance; I want my muscle to be dead/limp by the fourth rep, third set.

x6 evenings a week i will have some cardio to do in the form of football, karate, boxing or salsa.

Can you help or advise?:

Morning HIIT and weights on an empty stomach?
Or should i have the Oatmeal, apples and/or eggs before i head to the gym in the morning?
Or maybe even scrambled eggs and/or apples before gym, and oatmeal after gym?

HIIT: your experiences and advise?
I'd never even heard of it before i posted here. I am starting it on Monday, any helping hand would be great as i want to do it properly on the treadmill.

Beans, or Brown pasta/brown rice for lunch?
I know to avoid potatoes, white rice pasta and bread 'like the plague', but what about the brown alternatives?

Chicken with veg for dinner= too much protein?
I am already going to eat scrambled egg in the morning, and chicken, beef or turkey midday. Should i just have veg for dinner then, no beans as well? Sorry if this is a silly question...

V

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where to start for weighlifting m-w-f no post workout carb shake, but have a post workout protein shake 3scoops in water,

For cardio do 30mins on the elliptical at a steady moderate rate Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun first thing in the morning

Meal 1-6 eggs+2scoops whey (put some in a protein shake if you can't eat that many whole) 2 pieces of sausage, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 5 fish oils pills

Meal 2- 5oz (chicken, Turkey, Fish or Beef), Salad or broccoli (can add dressing and or cheese to this if you want just becareful that the dressing has no carbs) ), 2 tablespoon olive oil, 5 fish oils pills

Meal 3- 5oz (chicken, Turkey, Fish or Beef), Salad or broccoli, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 5 fish oils pills

Meal 4- 5oz (chicken, Turkey, Fish or Beef), Salad or broccoli, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 5 fish oils pills

Sunday is your eat anything day so enjoy yourself and make sure to have carbs. (Just don't go insane and eat 5 boxes of donuts)

Drink 16 cups of water in a day

16 weeks of this you'll look VERY different

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Riding that Monday High

Diet:
So far so good. Got up at 5.50am and even then I had no time to make myself scrambled eggs. So took one capsule of cod liver oil, and hit the gym on an empty stomach. After gym I had Oatmeal porridge, and two apples before lunch.

For lunch I had two Chicken breasts I grilled soaked in extra virgin olive oil with veg and butter beans, and another apple. I am determined to cut the carbs and sweets now.

At the moment I am holding on fine, but I can sense those sweet carb cravings in the background, calling me back to my old ways. If anything I can do with a snack, but I forgot to get me some unsalted mixed nuts today. I will buy some later though.

Later tonight prob eat more veg and chicken and another capsule of Cod liver oil. NO CARBS!

Also had +4l of water, and three cups of green tea as well.

Exercise:
Did ‘HIIT’ on the treadmill this morning for the first time.

Treadmill was on 2.0% gradient the whole time.
Started with a 5 min 5kmh walk,
before sprinting for 80 seconds on 15kmh 8 times in total.
In between sprints I walked for 1min 30s on 5kmh. This went on for 20mins.
I took the last 5 mins walking same as the warm up.
So in total was on treadmill for exactly 30mins.

I had no time for weight training afterwards, as I got into gym late. I will either do it this evening (raining in London so football may not be on) or tomorrow morning instead. Will probably work on arms, shoulders and abs.

Tomorrow no HIIT or cardio in the morning, so not sure where I am going to burn the extra calories besides karate and football in the evening. Might as well do the weights tomorrow.

You can help!

Am i eating too little fat?

Peace

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet:
Yesterday afternoon didn’t finish as strongly as i would have liked. I went shopping for nuts, and could only find Roasted Peanuts. Small pack, but I didn’t realise it amounted to 1000 calories! So I didn’t have any dinner last night.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t go over my target of 2300 cals.

This morning I had scrambled egg, one brown toast, one grilled tomato and one hash brown for breakfast. Finished it in 10 minutes, but its filled me up so much i haven't even looked at the oats porridge, apples or walnut halves on my desk.

For lunch I will have another two Chicken breasts grilled in no olive oil, with veg and butter beans. But it won’t be eating until I feel hungry again, its 12pm now and I am still I am completely stuffed.

I can do even better regarding the sweets and evening carbs, and will look to improve on yesterday’s decent effort.

Later tonight prob eat more veg and chicken and another capsule of Cod liver oil. NO CARBS!

Also had +4l of water, and three cups of green tea as well.

Exercise:
NO weights or gym this morning or yesterday evening. I will do the weights after HIIT tomorrow morning.

My body is aching after HIIT yesterday, At first I didn’t notice any real difference, but as the day went on, my legs started aching more and more. Bring on Wednesday morning!

Forgot to say I only burned 300 cals on HIIT yesterday. Long cardio I usually burn 500 cals.

Karate and football in this evening.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet:
Got huge cravings for sweets tonight, but have resisted. For dinner, i had Omelete filled with sweetcorn, onions, tomato and mushroom, with veg on side. Some Green tea as well.

Exercise:
NO karate or football this evening. Didn't leave work early enough for former, pssing it down here in UK, so no to the latter as well.

Tomorrow morning HIIT and weights.

You can help!

I have two pills of cod liver oil a day. Is this enough? Other fats come mainly from extra virgin olive oil i soak my meat in when grilling for lunch.

V

Last edited:

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yo Violent V, I seriously suggest doing what EFFORT has laid out. He knows what's up.

If you look at the diet he has laid out, basically he's cutting down carbs to fvck all. If you don't like the idea of drinking raw eggs in a protein shake, you can cook them of course.

Do this lifting routine:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444

Mate seriously if you lift like that and eat like EFFORT laid out, you're gonna look so much different in 16 weeks time :)

BTW, get out of your head that you're a fat b*stard. You're 13st7 and 5'10, that's not that heavy mate.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
yo Violent V, I seriously suggest doing what EFFORT has laid out. He knows what's up.

If you look at the diet he has laid out, basically he's cutting down carbs to fvck all. If you don't like the idea of drinking raw eggs in a protein shake, you can cook them of course.

Do this lifting routine:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444

Mate seriously if you lift like that and eat like EFFORT laid out, you're gonna look so much different in 16 weeks time :)

BTW, get out of your head that you're a fat b*stard. You're 13st7 and 5'10, that's not that heavy mate.
Hey shaunuk I appreciate all input, critical or positive!

I been told to pick a regime and gym routine and stick with it for at least 8 weeks, which is what i'm doing.

At the moment i am just following Diesel, Warboss Alex and Throttle's advice for cutting aka losing body fat aka losing weight, and just seeking advice on how to fine tune it all.

If its doesn't work, then I'll look at other advice no problem.

But my main objective is not bulking or muscle building, its to cut this stubborn body fat i got on me; and theres quite a bit, especially in the middle of the body.

I've already got a pretty good defined upper torso which i do hope to build on in the future, just the body fat in the middle atm seriously has to go. I've been trying for so many years, maybe thats why i exhadurate it...

I play football 4 times a week. 'm not obese. Just overweight. I can run, sprint, jump, dance, tackle, fvck! But i also got a desk job, and some horrible body fat when i aint got a shirt on!

I will post a pic up tonight of what i am at the moment.

V

Last edited:

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
easy. go to GNC or similar store and purchase a thermogenic compound such as CE2 the purple bottle it is creatine with a thermo. get into the gym at least 3 or 4 times a week run on the treadmill and do 10 reps of each and every body part on each workout day after you run. work from the largest muscle group (squats chest back etc) to the smallest (shoulders biceps triceps, abs, etc). might seem like a lot but you will be in and out of the gym in under an hour if you do it correctly.

start off with very light weights so you are training your body to make those movements correctly. form is not everything but it is mostly.

take a good look at your diet. force yourself to drink more water througout the day esp when you wake up and before you sleep.

good luck! and definitely get that thermogenic.

DS

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks man. Will definetely look into the thermogenic. The weights tip sounds good as well, today's workout wasn't as good as it could have been.

You can help!

I actually went into GNC looking at supplements yesterday, things like ephedra, green tea extracts, L cartine.

I am currently taking two cod liver oil capsules a day, and at least two table spoons of virgin olive oil. Thinking of adding two spoons worth of flax oil as well. Green tea pills advise no more than 2 a day as well. Is this all enough?

Diet:
I am not having much for breakfast recently, and i am still getting filled up to the point where i have lunch late. Porridge again this morning.

For lunch i had 3 slices of beef, peas, parsins and cauliflower, with 2 slashes of extra virgin olive oil.

For dinner i was going to have salmon fish and veg, but ended up not eating anything as i wasn't hungry at all. So apart from a few walnuts and an apple, thats all i ate today.

Exercise:
Did HIIT this morning, which was a lot harder than Monday. 5 minute walk for warm up and cool down. In between did 7 sprints for 60 secs at 15 kmh, and upto 2 mins walking recovery (5kmh). All on 2.0 % gradient.

Did weights after and was very dissapointed. There was no desire, no plan, no challenge, no technique... waste of time really. Got to improve on this.

NO exercise planned this evening.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should get some 16-ounce boxing gloves and spar boxing rounds with one of your karate partners. You can use a lot of your karate training in boxing. A very pretty woman I train with is also a black belt in shotokan karate - she is a worthy sparring partner. My trainer's best fighter is a pro boxer now, and I have seen him use hand parrys in the ring. Try 3-minute rounds, 1 minute rest. You won't be able to keep that up for long. Eventually, after you get in better shape and really want to push it, get another partner or two and have them rotate. They get a rest round; you don't. This is how fighters typically prepare for fights.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good! Boxing is definetely something i am looking to start doing as well, and have been actively looking for a near-by boxing club t join.

I am trying to be as bring as much activity as i can into my evenings rather than coming home from a sedentary job, sitting and on the couch and playing xbox. So besides the Gym three mornings, and football three evenings, karate another evening, salsa another, boxing on another.

FYI I will be editing each new post daily like this one with updates as the day goes on, rather than just posting over and over again during the day, confusing and disorganize the journal

Diet:
Oats as always again this morning.

I am going to switch this up next week, and start having eggs, tomato, mushroom and one brown toast on non-gym mornings.

For lunch will have grilled turkey, veg and beans.

2litres of water and 2l litres worth of hot, green tea is the new drink routine from now on.

Exercise:

NO gym this morning. Will be playing football this evening though. My legs, especially my hamstrings, are really cramping up. I think i need to learn some stretches to do as soon as i finish the HIIT.

Will do HIIT tomorrow morning with some weights afterwards.

I will post up a pic tonight i promise (you pervs!)

V

Last edited:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
Great dedication V!

Here are some things I noticed.

1. How much weight training are you doing per week?
2. How many grams of protein are you consuming per day?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job so far. Keep at it dude. If you can, do some jogging in the morning before breakfast. Something harder than a warmup to prime you for the day. Great for boosting the metabolism.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
End of wk 1 (almost there now!)

Thanks guys. I feel this week was just me settling into the changes regarding HIIT and new diet. But I already sense I am getting leaner (my thighs especially) and my body feels fresh and pure (if that makes sense:cool: ).

I've learnt a lot though and know what to tweak to improve on next week and in the coming weeks:

a) I need to read up more on weight training, and take it more seriously in the gym.

There is no plan, I feel my techniques are all wrong, and not showing any real desire to push myself hard enough. By the end of the day my muscles aren't aching like they should be.

I just walk in, pick the dumbbell and start curling, and pressing until i feel like its time to go. I do this 2/3 times a week.

b) More activity! besides the x3 times a week HIIT.

Next week i will carry on with the HIIT Monday. Wednesday and Friday mornings, but also hope to do some cardio every weekday evening as well:

Monday: Football/Dancing
Tuesday: Karate & Football/Pilates
Wednesday: Football/Boxing
Thursday: Football
Friday: Salsa
Sunday: Football all day.

I don't think I am ready yet, but once I'm in the swing of things i would like to bring in low impact cardio sessions Tuesday and Thursday mornings in the gym as well. Maybe a little bit of cycling/jogging, as you suggested above...

c) Diet

Could sharpen it up a bit. One or two spoons of hummus in the evenings doesn't kill, but i want to eliminate all the crap out eventually…

Also my schedule really does dictate that I eat good three times a day: breakfast after gym, lunch, and dinner at around 8pm. I would like to break it down to 6 small meals a day, and that’s what I am pushing for next week. It would look something like this:

Scrambled egg only/oatmeal (no-gym morning/gym morning)
Apple and walnuts
1/2 plate Meat, veg and beans
1/2 plate meat, veg and beans
Apple
Small plate of meat and veg.

Finally, I am not really counting grams and micornutrients. Thats something i need to start doing next week.

d) Supplements

I am taking Fish Oil concentration with every meal, one green teal pill in the morning when I wake up, and +2litres of green tea every day.

I am looking into Thermogenics and ECA stacks, searching here and there, but if it in any way carries health problems I won’t consider it.

e) Sleep

Sleeping later than i should be. For some reason i seem to find myself things to do to delay bedtime. Why? Bed time at 10pm every weekday next week.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will lay low and have a sort of disciplined day off. Sunday back to normal oats, eggs, protein veg and beans. exercise is all day football thang plus maybe ice skating later.

Week 2 starts Monday.

V

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can help!

Thermogenics, ECA Stacks and CE2.

I am considering bringing these in next week, but am very concerned about the health problems associated with them.

I am searching and researching, but if anyone has some sound advice or experience, that would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately though, the decision lays with me.

Diet:

Scrambled egg, tomato and mushrooms this morning. Again it really filled me up.

Couple of walnuts to snack on. Resisted some chocolate from my colleagues without a second though! :cool:

For lunch will have two grilled beef steaks, veg and beans.

Didn't have anything for dinner...

Exercise:

Didn't go gym this morning for HIIT!!! So went in the afternoon and had good session. Gym wasn't packed, as is expected on a weekend evening. Did some new stretches and good weights workout as well. No salsa though, something came up which i had to sort out.

Last edited: