Does EVERY pretty girl have a boyfriend?

Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
It's a pointless point, he's saying that women are the pursued and men are the pursuers, I think we all have gathered that a long time ago. The discussion was the extent of the charade of the m/f dynamic going on. To me it's an interesting discussion, it's good to know why what happens actually happens and why we're here in the first place.

MM
No such thing as a pointless point! :rolleyes:

We have a 9 page thread discussing if good looking woman have a b/f - huh? The "b/f" title means nothing today because the b/f title brings no loyalty - those days are gone!! Of course men are going to pursue what they find attractive - are we suppose pursue women we think are unattractive? So it stands to reason that you should pursue women that you find attractive and find out if they are open to your advances regardless if they have a b/f!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I don't know if I agree with this statement, but food for thought: would you really want to be in a LTR with a woman who actively sought one out? Because in that case, aren't you just filler material? She really wants the LTR, and not YOU.

When I meet a man and it is obvious to me that he really wants a LTR with somebody... ANYBODY (slight exaggeration... but I take it there), it is a HUGE turn off. And red flag.
I have never thought about trying to get a girl because I wanted a relationship and not her, if thats what you are asking.

If a woman just announces that she is single and anybody will do, she will get a lot of attention from the guys. Thats the difference between a man and a woman. If a man yells "I want sex, anybody will do!" he will get no attention. If a woman did, she would be swarmed. A woman doesn't have to, and rarely does, actively seek out a relationship. It is my understanding that a woman just has to sit around and men line up for a chance to date her. If she is single for a long period of time it doesn't mean that men have stopped lining up, it means that she has been rejecting all of them. Or she can just show a little bit of interest to a guy who might not have been paying attention to her, then he will do a 180.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I have never thought about trying to get a girl because I wanted a relationship and not her, if thats what you are asking.

If a woman just announces that she is single and anybody will do, she will get a lot of attention from the guys. Thats the difference between a man and a woman. If a man yells "I want sex, anybody will do!" he will get no attention. If a woman did, she would be swarmed. A woman doesn't have to, and rarely does, actively seek out a relationship. It is my understanding that a woman just has to sit around and men line up for a chance to date her. If she is single for a long period of time it doesn't mean that men have stopped lining up, it means that she has been rejecting all of them. Or she can just show a little bit of interest to a guy who might not have been paying attention to her, then he will do a 180.
Just ignore Iqqi, like every woman in real life and on here, she's playing the 'I'm blind to the fact the m/f dynamic is ridiculously distorted and I pretend women have a really hard time as we don't get x, y, z when we actually always have men on a plate yadda yadda yadda'. Yawn.

MM

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Just ignore Iqqi, like every woman in real life and on here, she's playing the 'I'm blind to the fact the m/f dynamic is ridiculously distorted and I pretend women have a really hard time as we don't get x, y, z when we actually always have men on a plate yadda yadda yadda'. Yawn.

MM
LOL :crackup: I'm just replying because I was bored, doing my math HW at the same time.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:

MM

LOL yeah, and there's a few guys on here you have to ignore too. You expect it from a woman, yet it's still irritating. But when you see a guy on here talking like a woman, isn't that essentially the definition of being an AFC?

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of 10 approaches that I do, 7 will tell me they have boyfriends.

Out of those 7, I can weasel my way in to get 6 #closes.

Funny part is, its usually the one who says "Im seeing someone" and not " I have a boyfriend" that actually resist. I found that :eek:

More loyalty to someone who wont commit then to your bf.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very rarely I want to engage in a debate. I perfer to lurk, though I admit lately I been becomming more active than I would like. I don't like to take a stance especially on a topics that I know one side will be called AFC and the other... is DJ by the fact that view women negatively have a mark advantage here (though expected)?

Still, I'm going to say this. WTF is the debate in this thread. I see nine pages that I only see two basic points.

One side says most to all attractive women have boyfriends. A secondary claim is they are so in demand that it is completely unbalanced and unfair, anyone women whose not is just too *****y (thus dismissing the counter-examples).

The other side argues that there are women who are single and quite attractive. There are even those who wonder where are all the men.

The rest is just a bunch calling blind AFCs to one side (including well respected and established members "hitting a nerve" making propertous arguements) whiel bitter and whiny boys to the other side. Great...

This is a dumbass debate. What the controversy? Two binary extremes that are not mutally exclusive.

Are women in demand and on the recieving end which means all she needs to do is be available and a man will come? Yes, there is true. There is no debate on that. The nature if is on some nature order of the receptive and active or a screwed up social norm is debatable (but not of this topic so far).

Are there women women who are single, attractive, and not *****y? YES. I can name many who is currently single and is quite attractive. Okay, she is probably have someone who have his eyes on her, but that how it goes with men playing the pursuer and women the pursuee most of the time. Yet, there are still women who are single, not that uncommon, and yes you can play your hand to get her.

Ok, there is the third thing about some sort of unbalanced thing where the few men get the most women. I don't know about that, I don't think its not big of a deal anyway, I met enough single girls and seen enough couples to say that many aren't desperately fighting for scraps.

Now go ahead and flame me.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Well said.

Maxtro, I feel like you completely misunderstood what I wrote, I have no idea why you even took it personally, it was an "in general" question:

Originally Posted by iqqi
I don't know if I agree with this statement, but food for thought: would you really want to be in a LTR with a woman who actively sought one out? Because in that case, aren't you just filler material? She really wants the LTR, and not YOU.

When I meet a man and it is obvious to me that he really wants a LTR with somebody... ANYBODY (slight exaggeration... but I take it there), it is a HUGE turn off. And red flag.

The question was: would you really want to be in a LTR with a woman who actively sought one out? Because in that case, aren't you just filler material? She really wants the LTR, and not YOU.

It seems as if you said YES, you would want a LTR with a woman who wasn't so much as interested in YOU, but a LTR.

As in, YOU could be anyone. She just wants to be a girlfriend.

Remix (scratch noises): she isnt interested in you, you, you.

This would be ok with you?

I am really disappointed in those of you who keep reiterating the tired "women can't make valid arguments", when it seems noone can even GRASP the concept I have presented.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand that iqqi - as much as you piss me off ;)

I've met girls like that, who seem to be only interested in a relationship - and not for me the person.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I am really disappointed in those of you who keep reiterating the tired "women can't make valid arguments", when it seems noone can even GRASP the concept I have presented.
Don't deny that you are abrasive at times.

That will naturally piss people off. Rational or not.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
^^^ Well said.

Maxtro, I feel like you completely misunderstood what I wrote, I have no idea why you even took it personally, it was an "in general" question:

The question was: would you really want to be in a LTR with a woman who actively sought one out? Because in that case, aren't you just filler material? She really wants the LTR, and not YOU.

It seems as if you said YES, you would want a LTR with a woman who wasn't so much as interested in YOU, but a LTR.

You're the one that's not getting it iqqi. Maxtro, and others made it pretty clear that any woman worthy of a LTR who wants a LTR would have a choice of several men to choose from and would be in one in a short period of time. You act like guys are too dense get what you say. They understand what you're saying they just are smart enough to realize you're wrong and to disagree with it. You're the one that's dense :eek:

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
I understand that iqqi - as much as you piss me off ;)

I've met girls like that, who seem to be only interested in a relationship - and not for me the person.
Well GARSH! I am glad someone gets it!!! I was getting worried.

wjh said:
Don't deny that you are abrasive at times.

That will naturally piss people off. Rational or not.
I know I can be abrasive. Sometimes you gotta be abrasive.

the slowest dude of sosuave EVER said:
You're the one that's not getting it iqqi. Maxtro, and others made it pretty clear that any woman worthy of a LTR who wants a LTR would have a choice of several men to choose from and would be in one in a short period of time. You act like guys are too dense get what you say. They understand what you're saying they just are smart enough to realize you're wrong and to disagree with it.
LOL. This guy doesn't get it.

Maybe one day he will be "lucky" enough to have a "worthy" woman who is in search of a relationship choose HIM as her shining vessel.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Giovanni Casanova said:
A lot of guys on this thread are talking about "Every girl has a boyfriend, there are no decent women to date". In my opinion, this is just a bunch of guys who are using that as an excuse not to approach women. It's part of that internal dialog that guys use because they are afraid of asking a woman out, that little voice that says, "Don't bother, any girl you would want to date is already taken."

Then, when you point out that there are decent girls out there who are NOT taken, that little voice is like, "Uhhh, oh yeah? Well, she's only single because she's a frigid stuck-up b*tch." That's interesting to me, because I think it reveals a lot about the kinds of problems you're having. That little voice in the back of your head is c&ck-blocking you. He's sitting back there giving you a pessimistic, negative, defeatist attitude about girls you don't even know.
That's HALF true.

The top half is. If you ain't got nothing good going for you, don't even try to make a move. Going for an attractive woman is like reaching for a star...you know you'll never get it...and you won't get any closer if you keep trying. Or use my method which is rely on pure luck. You've got a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of getting the girl.

The b**ches with stuck up attitudes are the easier ones to get. Just lay down the law and use force if you must...Alphaness force of course. And do it from the get go. Got it, pal?

nismo-4

Reaction score
The way I gather my information is to just talk to them or over hear the girls talking and sooner or later "my boyfriend" is brought up.

I wish women who weren't in relationships wore some article of clothing or some accessory to show that they are not taken. Beyond that my only hope is to simply ask every cute girl if she has a boyfriend, and that is just stupid.
Ask every cute girl if she has a boyfriend? That IS just STUPID! You're liable to get rejection out your ass! You might as well tell every cute girl you like them. Probably why I told I told a woman I had a crush on her this year. I haven't told a female I had a crush on her since November 1991!

Overhearing conversations is a much simpler way. Don't let them know you're or you've been eavesdropping. Otherwise, at least you KNOW it's real! You can also warn another person not to hit on that girl.

nismo-4

Reaction score
comic_relief said:
oh forgot one of my techniques is to live my life and let the girls approach me.

I go into every encounter with a female or male of lets have some fun. Usually, I have my fun but nowadays, I get girls attracted to me that are single that are fun to be around.

Sure, I don't always get the uber hot ones, but I got the ones that I know that I can get into bed easily and are high quality women.

Recently, I had a girl friend that my girlfriend wanted to kick the sh!t out of. She was a 6 or 7 that flirted with me and such and was so insane about me did some crazy sh!t like give me a back massage while I was puking up a massive amount of alcohol and forced kisses on me during a swing dance move.

Another girl that approached me that was an 7.5 gave me a back massage without me even asking. Now she wants to be my dance partner, but I can't have it happen because of other drama.

There is too many girls out there that are single, and they will let you know about it. Trust me, I know.

comic_relief
When will they let you know? When you're rich? Or must you have mega luck?

nismo-4

Reaction score
comic_relief said:
Then why don't you work yourself up to make yourself more attractive. I realize that it is hard, but I did it over a three year period of being on this site. I used to be a quiet, nerdy, video games geek that couldn't get laid even if paid a girl. Now, i got girls that are fawning over me.
comic_relief
Now how the hell do you do that BESIDES PLASTIC SURGERY AND FLAUNTING WEALTH?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheHumanist said:
One side says most to all attractive women have boyfriends. A secondary claim is they are so in demand that it is completely unbalanced and unfair, anyone women whose not is just too *****y (thus dismissing the counter-examples).

The other side argues that there are women who are single and quite attractive. There are even those who wonder where are all the men.

The rest is just a bunch calling blind AFCs to one side (including well respected and established members "hitting a nerve" making propertous arguements) whiel bitter and whiny boys to the other side. Great...

This is a dumbass debate. What the controversy? Two binary extremes that are not mutally exclusive.

Are women in demand and on the recieving end which means all she needs to do is be available and a man will come? Yes, there is true. There is no debate on that. The nature if is on some nature order of the receptive and active or a screwed up social norm is debatable (but not of this topic so far).

Are there women women who are single, attractive, and not *****y? YES. I can name many who is currently single and is quite attractive. Okay, she is probably have someone who have his eyes on her, but that how it goes with men playing the pursuer and women the pursuee most of the time. Yet, there are still women who are single, not that uncommon, and yes you can play your hand to get her.

Ok, there is the third thing about some sort of unbalanced thing where the few men get the most women. I don't know about that, I don't think its not big of a deal anyway, I met enough single girls and seen enough couples to say that many aren't desperately fighting for scraps.
very good post, you should post more often.

iqqi said:

Very good point and those girls are actually the girls that I do reject when was single. Just recently, I had a girl that wanted to go out with me just to lose her virginity and I was disgusted by how she went from guy to guy not being able to get into a relationship because she was so desparate. I know a lot of girls that are like this and are single maybe I should give Maxtro et. al. their numbers. Maybe this will stop this foolish debate.

I usually skip over girls like this as well because it shows them as desparate. And nothing is more unattractive then a desparate woman much like a guy that is desparate for women.

It's funny that I can say the same thing with substituting men for women and it takes an entire new meaning although it works the same way.

ketostix said:
You're the one that's not getting it iqqi. Maxtro, and others made it pretty clear that any woman worthy of a LTR who wants a LTR would have a choice of several men to choose from and would be in one in a short period of time. You act like guys are too dense get what you say. They understand what you're saying they just are smart enough to realize you're wrong and to disagree with it. You're the one that's dense
Sure women would have their choice, much like guys have the choice of several women that they could possibly date when they are single. At least with most of my friends that are any good with women they always have a couple of girls that are interested.

This is actually a non-issue if you would change your mindset a little bit.

nismo-4 said:
When will they let you know? When you're rich? Or must you have mega luck?
They approach me by giving me indicators of interest and talking to me first. The one of the things that I got going for me is that I am the school mascot (which makes me easily recognizable throughout the campus as the "marauder" = fame).

I usually get approached about three times a week by interested women. Just yesterday, I had my six month anniversary with my girlfriend and this girl came up to me, grabbed me from behind, and hugged me. My girlfriend was pissed off and I was laughing. The girl realized that she was my girlfriend on our six month anniversary and she was very embarrassed by what happened.

nismo-4 said:
Now how the hell do you do that BESIDES PLASTIC SURGERY AND FLAUNTING WEALTH?
Your putting all your eggs in one basket (your looks). I advocate looks, but also your mental/emotional side. You must improve everything about you, humor, self-esteem, and etc. Have goals and dreams that can make you gain life experience. That only some of the stuff that I did.

A lot of what I have done is in the Don Juan Bible AND self improvement literature (Jack Canfield's "Success Principles" are the best).

Giovanni Casanova said:
Then, when you point out that there are decent girls out there who are NOT taken, that little voice is like, "Uhhh, oh yeah? Well, she's only single because she's a frigid stuck-up b*tch." That's interesting to me, because I think it reveals a lot about the kinds of problems you're having. That little voice in the back of your head is c&ck-blocking you. He's sitting back there giving you a pessimistic, negative, defeatist attitude about girls you don't even know.
Actually Nismo, Gio is correct about this part too. Anybody with a correct mindset can get the most attractive of women if they play the game correctly. It is espounded upon in the DJB and many other threads.

I've gotten with many attractive women over the last couple of years and I am nothing too special, its all about attitude.

comic_relief

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
^^^ Well said.

Ok I understand what you are getting at. You're talking about a woman who would go out with anybody that asked her and would say yes because she just wanted to be a girlfriend and didn't really care who it was. I see no fault in that, I believe it's called dating. It's where the man and the woman go out and spend some time together as long as the meet each others minimum criteria. If the two like each other enough they can choose to move into a relationship.

I am fine with that in the beginning. I don't really care if the woman isn't that interested in me. Heck if a woman came up to me and said, "Hi, I think you're cute and I'm kind of lonely. I don't know you that well, but would you go out with me?" If I thought she was cute, I would say yes. I wouldn't directly go into being called boyfriend and girlfriend. But I would try her out.

As for myself I would have a relationship with almost anyone who meets my minimum criteria. After I spent some time with her I can see who she really is and see where I want the relationship to go.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:

Yes of course he would, if she was average looking or above, because it is damn difficult to date a decent looking girl as it is for men, so we can't be picky regarding 'minor details'. Tail is tail and most girls are branch-swingers anyway as we know.

I've never believed that 'men's sole criteria virtually is looks and women's is nearly everything'. I believe both have the same set of criteria or similar, but because women are sought after and prized in society so much more than men, then men reduce their criteria to the top one (looks) whilst women enforce nearly all of theirs because they have the sexual choice to do so.

MM

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Snowman23 said:
Man am I getting sick of this. Every damn girl I've been interested in lately has a boyfriend, is engaged, or married. To the people who say pretty girls don't get approached - you're fooling yourselves. They're taken. And when they're available, they have a waiting list of guys hoping for a chance. It seems like the only place to meet single people is clubs/bars. It'd be nice to meet people somewhere else. Friends keep asking me "Why aren't you dating someone?" I think to myself "Because nobody is fvcking single."

Any other guys notice this, or have any ideas? This is bugging me.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134980