baggy pants on a woman

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t prefer it, but I don’t discriminate. Some people I’ve been with wear them occasionally, like to a concert or to the grocery store instead of sweatpants. They don’t wear them constantly.

Fashion is cyclical. They were once in style in the 90s or early 2000’s. I can’t remember which.

Actually, I’ve changed my stance on the topic. What began as a #MeToo movement has evolved into a trend. People might wear oversized jackets and pants because they’re fashionable or simply because they find them comfortable. Men are also embracing these looks. Ultimately, there’s no need to question why people dress a certain way; it comes down to personal taste, which is subjective—unless you believe it’s a way to keep certain men at bay, like men that despise those pants, in which it might be true.
Yeah, I've noticed Gen Z young men wearing baggy pants too.

I don't even like to wear baggy pants as a guy.

I once wore baggy pants (they were in style, for a guy at least, in my younger days). By the time I was halfway through high school, however, tighter pants came into style. My pants then tightened (by college, I was wearing the skintight drainpipe jeans).

Even though I don't wear the drainpipe jeans anymore (I don't know if they even make drainpipe jeans for a guy anymore), I'm never going back to baggy pants. Looking back on my 12-15 year old self, I see how sloppy and ridiculous baggy pants looked (they look equally ridiculous on the young folk embracing baggy pants in the current year)

My point? Since baggy pants are a bad look even for a guy, it goes without saying that it's a bad look on a broad.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that clothing plays a role in gender expression, but femininity can encompass a wide range of styles. Women might choose baggy clothing for various reasons, including comfort, personal taste or current fashion trends, and that doesn’t make them any less feminine.
The question though is: Why would fashion trends embrace such a bad look (especially a bad look that used to be in style...and went out of style for good reason)?

The 90s should have made us learn from the error of a woman wearing baggy pants

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The question though is: Why would fashion trends embrace such a bad look (especially a bad look that used to be in style...and went out of style for good reason)?

The 90s should have made us learn from the error of a woman wearing baggy pants
(5) Why does some fashion repeat while others fad? | LinkedIn

Yeah, I've noticed Gen Z young men wearing baggy pants too.

I don't even like to wear baggy pants as a guy.

I once wore baggy pants (they were in style, for a guy at least, in my younger days). By the time I was halfway through high school, however, tighter pants came into style. My pants then tightened (by college, I was wearing the skintight drainpipe jeans).

Even though I don't wear the drainpipe jeans anymore (I don't know if they even make drainpipe jeans for a guy anymore), I'm never going back to baggy pants. Looking back on my 12-15 year old self, I see how sloppy and ridiculous baggy pants looked (they look equally ridiculous on the young folk embracing baggy pants in the current year)

My point? Since baggy pants are a bad look even for a guy, it goes without saying that it's a bad look on a broad.

I wear straight jeans and prefer them to slim fit. The point is, that’s what’s in style for the younger generation. Trends like septum piercings and broccoli hair are popular, and for many young people, it’s all about “when in Rome, do as the Romans do.”

While I understand that these trends appeal to some, everyone has their own preferences. For example, I’m not a fan of septum piercings, but I don’t complain about it. I respect that some people like them. If I were to date someone with a septum piercing, I might playfully suggest they take it out, as I believe a lighthearted approach would be more effective for them to take my lead. However, I doubt I would date someone with a septum piercing in the first place.

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her lower half would be far more alluring, if her pants were tighter
I doubt her boyfriend minds since he gets to smash it and see her without those pants. Plus, it seems she doesn't wear them all the time.

@GoodMan32 How about we stop judging others for what and why they do and wear? It’s really petty. Instead, let’s focus on something more productiv like doing push-ups or pull-ups right now. Sound good?

1727189079545.png

Last edited:

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(5) Why does some fashion repeat while others fad? | LinkedIn

I wear straight jeans and prefer them to slim fit. The point is, that’s what’s in style for the younger generation. Trends like septum piercings and broccoli hair are popular, and for many young people, it’s all about “when in Rome, do as the Romans do.”

While I understand that these trends appeal to some, everyone has their own preferences. For example, I’m not a fan of septum piercings, but I don’t complain about it. I respect that some people like them. If I were to date someone with a septum piercing, I might playfully suggest they take it out, as I believe a lighthearted approach would be more effective for them to take my lead. However, I doubt I would date someone with a septum piercing in the first place.
You're right, it could simply be a matter of "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" (to explain why the younger generation wears baggy pants)

My own transition to tighter pants as a teen was (in retrospect) probably influenced by the "when in Rome" factor.

I guess since I'm now 33, I'm less susceptible to "when in Rome" trends.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You know, just 10 years ago, the clothing that some of these females are wearing would had caused them to be either cited or arrested for indecent exposure. While I am not a fan of baggy jeans, females wearing skin tight and see through clothes is wrong on many levels.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I am not a fan of baggy jeans, females wearing skin tight and see through clothes is wrong on many levels.
I think they should all go Godiva so men can work on their self-control.