3rd annual Anti-approach anxiety competition

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolfbones said:
Sweet challenge, thanks Gray! I have one question though, how would you guys respond to "Sorry, I don't give my numbers out to strangers"? I really don't know how to respond to that.
Reply in a slightly joking manner, "how are we supposed to get to know each other and not be strangers, then?"

I usually, when I ask for a number, tell them "Hey, you seem cool, let's hang out sometime. Give me your number and I'll let you know when I'm free". Or something similar, so the point of the number is to hang out, and you clearly state why you want the phone number.

I feel like these challenges may be inappropriate for me, because I really don't have much AA. I did, but Demonpenz helped knock that out of me. But I can't call myself a vet, I've only had a couple months of experience..

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'm on it. I'm on a real high at the moment, have been all day.

5 HB6's hmm.

I have spontaneously agreed to go out with a housemate tonight with his coursemates, I do not know anyone besides him. Hopefully this will be fun.

I'll report once all is done.

Gunner

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Question; I'm approaching the entering of a LTR right now, but I'd like to continue the competition. The question being, I am not willing to do anything to compromise a relationship (she's good girl, and we've been dating for a couple months now), so if it comes up, will I have the option to opt out of a date, for example?

I'm fine with talking, flirting, number closing even (don't have to call them back.. as cruel as that is, it seems kind of fair compared to the girls that don't reply when they give me their number), but I don't want to go on a date, or necessarily kiss-close a girl.

If that's a big deal, no problem, I'm not really dealing with much AA, and a steady relationship is going to be a nice change from the hectic mass of approaches I've done lately.

Wolfbones

Don Juan
Reaction score
Plutoman said:
Reply in a slightly joking manner, "how are we supposed to get to know each other and not be strangers, then?"

I usually, when I ask for a number, tell them "Hey, you seem cool, let's hang out sometime. Give me your number and I'll let you know when I'm free". Or something similar, so the point of the number is to hang out, and you clearly state why you want the phone number.

I feel like these challenges may be inappropriate for me, because I really don't have much AA. I did, but Demonpenz helped knock that out of me. But I can't call myself a vet, I've only had a couple months of experience..
That's how I'm planning on closing, I just didn't know what to say if she would refuse and say "I don't give my phone number out to strangers." :p But that line seems okay I guess. I'll try that out and see how it goes.

Also, it doesn't matter if the task is or isn't appropriate - as long as you have the slighest of AA inside of you, this competition is for you. Just join along, brother. You've got nothing to lose other than the last bit of your AA.

coachD said:
Its on like Donkey Kong.

As for the strangers thing come up with a line. Maybe something along the lines of "we aren't strangers anymore".
Cool. I'll just use a mixture of that and the one Plutoman wrote about.

Thanks fellas.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolfbones said:
Also, it doesn't matter if the task is or isn't appropriate - as long as you have the slighest of AA inside of you, this competition is for you. Just join along, brother. You've got nothing to lose other than the last bit of your AA.
True, I just feel like it's a bit unfair to the others in the competition when I don't have much to break out of. :p My only struggle is time, and the above qualifier; while I'm always down for approaches, they are looking to shortly be solely practice.

Oh well, I'll have fun continuing the challenges here regardless.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plutoman said:
True, I just feel like it's a bit unfair to the others in the competition when I don't have much to break out of. :p My only struggle is time, and the above qualifier; while I'm always down for approaches, they are looking to shortly be solely practice.

Oh well, I'll have fun continuing the challenges here regardless.

Because you said this, I expect you to be the last man standing or Top 2 at the very least.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
Because you said this, I expect you to be the last man standing or Top 2 at the very least.
Sounds good. I'll take that challenge. Especially in a competition. I'm that guy who'll lose every game in something, until you put a bet down... and hell if I'm gonna lose that time.

Question remains on the LTR, though, I'm not sure I want to do follow-ups on numbers when I've got a girl. But as long as it doesn't compromise a healthy relationship, then I'm all down for it.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright...Stand by a vending machine and wait for a woman to come by that wants chocolate or anything like that. Say to her "Excuse me...I really think you are addicted to those things" whatever they maybe. Bust her balls. That was on Thursday? Went up to two girls at a bar and told them this hey........Do you like these arms? No big deal...you can have them if you just pray to my father....you know ZUES??? That was on Saturday. Crown Royal girls. I was like this to them. Crown Royal girls....are you ready to make out??????

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also If a girl really really is trying to smell good go...*Sniff Sniff* is that you? Are you wearing Brut?

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I deserve that strike, I guess - been busy ;)
I'll try get some fr in for this week.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grey, I'm buried in homework and don't have much time to be online. Have you chosen who made the most interesting approaches in week 1, so that he gives us our challenge?

Last edited:

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to see 'Stoplight Game'.

Approach girls from the window of your vehicle (in other words, catch their eye while you are parked next to each other), catching their attention at the stoplight, direct game and a number close attempt.

I'm gonna try it.. could also be great for rush hour.

So for whoever gets chosen, there's my suggestion!

Wolfbones

Don Juan
Reaction score
Plutoman said:
I want to see 'Stoplight Game'.

Approach girls from the window of your vehicle (in other words, catch their eye while you are parked next to each other), catching their attention at the stoplight, direct game and a number close attempt.

I'm gonna try it.. could also be great for rush hour.

So for whoever gets chosen, there's my suggestion!
Yeah, that'd be a good one, haha.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
Grey, I'm buried in homework and don't have much time to be online. Have you chosen who made the most interesting approaches in week 1, so that he gives us our challenge?

I texted you. lol.

That being said, document your approaches in better detail this week. We need to see (and possibly critique) your convos.

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm having a pretty hard time going from ignoring strangers to having full conversations with them so today I got out of the train one stop early and walked all the way to the next, while asking everybody I met for directions. First one was pretty hard, then it became easier.

I think I'm going to take a random buss tomorrow and walk back to the train station. Before I can really talk to girls I must first learn to approach. I hope I'll be able to reach the main goal this week.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting ready to try a happy hour tonight, but I'm guessing I'll get most of mine on the weekend. I volunteer at the local no kill animal shelter on Saturday, I have a 5K that morning, I'll go out drinking Saturday night. Dance class Sunday then my friend has a gig Sunday night. Really hoping to knock these out. But girls seem to show up at random times where I live. The dance class and 5k should be easy. I'll just start talking to some cute runner and get some advice on the race since I've never run one. The dance class doesn't require couples, so I assume I'll be given at least a couple of dance partners. Hopefully 20something cuties.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMusic said:
I'm having a pretty hard time going from ignoring strangers to having full conversations with them so today I got out of the train one stop early and walked all the way to the next, while asking everybody I met for directions. First one was pretty hard, then it became easier.

I think I'm going to take a random buss tomorrow and walk back to the train station. Before I can really talk to girls I must first learn to approach. I hope I'll be able to reach the main goal this week.

You have 4 more days to get this done.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh. Another freaking sausage fest. Don't cute girls like to get happy around here.