Life's a B1tch

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was that really the case? Or did you kowtow to her, by getting rid of most of your possessions to make room for those of this broad, for fear that she'd leave you?

"Currently, our house and garage is full of her crap. Pisses me off now..."

I presume neither she, nor a couple of Hell's Angels whom she had under contract put a loaded L1A1 SLR to your head, nor a Bowie knife to your neck then threatened to deprive you of a pulse, UNLESS you allowed her to fill up your house and garage with "her crap". Get pissed off at yourself, for allowing things to get this far out of hand
No, I don't care about furniture

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On the contrary. They'd point out that you chose to increase your own distress, by thinking in melodramatic terms, like "I'm about to go through hell", even though you have the power to instead think in saner, less hyperbolic ones such as:

"Tommorw, I COULD potentially encounter obstacles to my goals, and events I'd prefer not to encounter. I also can choose to take a cue from Tommy Shelby here
, by handling my difficulties as if I have ice water in my veins. Possessing nerves of steel is an archetypal masculine trait, thus any difficulties I encounter provide me with an opportunity to sharpen my proficiency in that department"
Yeah, well, I wanted kids.

I was ready for the incoming storm of drama.

It got a lot worse than I expected.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On the contrary. They'd point out that you chose to increase your own distress, by thinking in melodramatic terms, like "I'm about to go through hell", even though you have the power to instead think in saner, less hyperbolic ones such as:

"Tommorw, I COULD potentially encounter obstacles to my goals, and events I'd prefer not to encounter. I also can choose to take a cue from Tommy Shelby here
, by handling my difficulties as if I have ice water in my veins. Possessing nerves of steel is an archetypal masculine trait, thus any difficulties I encounter provide me with an opportunity to sharpen my proficiency in that department"
I'm an old guy. I could clam up and protect myself from every danger

But where's the fun in that?

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, well, I wanted kids
Have you been gelded, VMV? Because otherwise, not being a woman, you don't have menopause to worry about and thus still have ample opportunity to achieve this goal. You just may have to contend with folks regularly assuming that you're son or daughter is your grandchild

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You always need to challenge yourself.

Life gets boring

I used to cold-approach to get the feels, not so much anymore

There isn't much that exhilarates me these days

I mostly fight apathy lately, which is a good fight. And I will win

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you been gelded, VMV? Because otherwise, not being a woman, you don't have menopause to worry about and thus still have ample opportunity to achieve this goal. You just may have to contend with folks regularly assuming that you're son or daughter is your grandchild
Tell me how I should achieve my goals

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember: You don't need to fight, to prove you're right. You don't need to be forgiven... Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Every moment is a fight now.

My baseline blood pressure is through the roof.

I miss being single, but being single wasn't all that great either.

That's the irony, young bucks

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We've apparently read two different brands of Stoicism. The philosophers I'm familiar would point out that how awful or blissful being single is is dicated by our thoughts and beliefs about singledom
When I'm in a relationship, I'm unhappy, but I'm also unhappy when I'm single

I thought I made it pretty obvious.

It's called destination happiness

Thanks, though

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm probably punching out of my weight class

Always have

You know how?

Attitude

If you can develop the proper attitude, you can move bolders

And bolders are women

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All Game ever was is giving up fear

Fear of rejection is the first one. If you can give that up, you're golden.

The way to do that is by approaching women. Talk to women. You have to talk to women

Fear of what others think? Most people are trapped in a shell of a former world. Don't be like them. Adjust as you need to. That's what I do

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Always try to imagine the good in everything.

People appreciate it

And when you hear people talking negatively on life - like I do - remind them of the goodness