Woman's Point of View

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Well well, what we got ere, another wankfest I see..fuggit why not.

Lexie said:
Based solely on first impressions, here's a non-comprehensive list of personal deal-breakers:
"personal deal-breakers" = Logical sh!t I thought up on the fly which in no way shape or form has any bearing on reality if my emotions get triggered.
smelling bad
As opposed to that overpowering, headache inducing scent of cats piss that 99% of you chicks call "perfume".
wearing clothing that promotes something I don't believe in
Weekend humanitarian warrior eh? How original, why not just get a barbwire tattoo and be done with it?
inappropriate touching
And of course you have a plethora of guys grabbing your cooch and tattas, so much so it deserves its own place in the "deal breaker" list.
foul language
Pfffft, that list WAS for guys wasnt it? Men swear deal with it. Sure we dumb it down for the weaker sex but dont push it.
derogatory comments
Hmmm, this ones iffy. What if we see an amputee convention or a power walker or something? I suggest covering your ears.
an arrogant attitude (acting like I should be honored that they're talking to me)
Instead of pretending this annoys you, hows about giving credit where it's due? Alot of us work hard to become totally awesome.

Enjoy your stay and try and learn as much as you can here. But the fictional "lists"...? Not so much, save it for somewhere else.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
DarthJuan said:
I feel a disturbance in the force.

Wyldef....
Definitely. Do you think Lexie is wyldfire or lovelylady?

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
-
-
-
"Honesty."

Really?

You believe that women want "Honesty"?

No, they don't. They want you to be a confident, sexual MAN. And they want you to make them FEEL. And they want you to dominate them emotionally and sexually.
All this touchy-feely crap is a waste of time.
-
-
-
Alias,

If I am hearing you correctly, this sounds as if you think a man cannot be both honest and "Alpha" (confident, sexual MAN. .. who makes a woman.. FEEL. And they want you to dominate them emotionally and sexually") whereas I would suggest that he cannot be entrusted with the leadership in a relationship if he has to lie to obtain that status. We always find out when we are lied to (sometimes we let you know we have discovered the lie, sometimes we say nothing and you wonder where we went/lost intesest, because you underestimate our ability to "next" a man) But when we discover the lies, then you are revealed in your TRUE status: not Alpha, much less Beta, and are simply discarded into the pile irrelevancy.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_disturbance said:
Ladies, what is your favorite cologne?
I've heard that women go wild for Axe body spray, Old Spice, High Karate or even Lectric Shave. :p

Brutus

Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
We always find out when we are lied to (sometimes we let you know we have discovered the lie, sometimes we say nothing and you wonder where we went/lost intesest, because you underestimate our ability to "next" a man) But when we discover the lies, then you are revealed in your TRUE status: not Alpha, much less Beta, and are simply discarded into the pile irrelevancy.
LovelyLady,

I wanted to comment before, when you and ketostix were discussing tests, but then I thought, why bother if she's twisting the words and making jokes to evade the whole issue (because that's exactly what you were doing when ketostix pointed out your logical errors).

If you're gonna do this - come here to discuss man-female dynamics - then do it right or don't do it at all. We know it's sooo hard for women to admit when they're wrong about dating and relationships (because they are all self-proclaimed experts), but have the guts to do it, at least when you're on anonymous internet forum.

You hate dishonesty in men and will discard him if you find out he lied, but at the same time you test him, which is dishonest form of communication. If you say to a man that you want to pay for the lunch, but the truth is, you want him to pay, you're being dishonest (don't get stuck up on the fact that this is something you did - I'm just using it as an example.)

Now, you can rationalize tests with "I'm just gathering information" or "I'm just being womanly", but the bottom line is, it's not truthful communication - you don't say what you mean, which is a form of lie. Every "relationship expert" (that is, every woman) will say honest communication is crucial and will crucify a man in her thoughts when he lies (you're the proof), but at the same time, she tests him mercilessly.

Pook and others were right when they said we shouldn't think about women in terms of integrity.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man and take away reason and accountability."
- Melvin Udall

Gotta love that line.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brutus said:
LovelyLady,

I wanted to comment before, when you and ketostix were discussing tests, but then I thought, why bother if she's twisting the words and making jokes to evade the whole issue (because that's exactly what you were doing when ketostix pointed out your logical errors).

If you're gonna do this - come here to discuss man-female dynamics - then do it right or don't do it at all. We know it's sooo hard for women to admit when they're wrong about dating and relationships (because they are all self-proclaimed experts), but have the guts to do it, at least when you're on anonymous internet forum.

You hate dishonesty in men and will discard him if you find out he lied, but at the same time you test him, which is dishonest form of communication. If you say to a man that you want to pay for the lunch, but the truth is, you want him to pay, you're being dishonest (don't get stuck up on the fact that this is something you did - I'm just using it as an example.)

Now, you can rationalize tests with "I'm just gathering information" or "I'm just being womanly", but the bottom line is, it's not truthful communication - you don't say what you mean, which is a form of lie. Every "relationship expert" (that is, every woman) will say honest communication is crucial and will crucify a man in her thoughts when he lies (you're the proof), but at the same time, she tests him mercilessly.

Pook and others were right when they said we shouldn't think about women in terms of integrity.
Brutus,

I was responding to the honesty/lies within the context of what Interceptor had written: Honesty with a woman about the truth of where the man truly is in his relationship with a woman/ what he truly wants from a relationship, and Alias' subsequent response that women don't want that honesty - but to be Don Juaned, so to speak. My belief is that BOTH should be possible - honesty and true alpha status go hand in hand within this context IMHO). That is the context of the "lies" and honesty I was addressing.

Do I think there is a place for deceit in relationships - yes. If you have a good inkling you are being cheated on you have every right to check up on your partner to see if there has been cheating - generally this means doing some dishonest activity yourself (hiring a detective, or checking the text messages, or whatever.) This is the age of AIDs. Having a cheating partner leads to more than broken heartedness, it can literally kill you. Is it moral relativism? You bet your sweet bumpkis it is.

As to the lunch buying, as representative of a dynamic: Could I have been honest & more direct and said something like " I want you to be a man who can handle taking the reigns in the most basic of traditional ways. I want to know if you will be in charge for the whole date, or do I have to keep my armor of independence on?" Yes, I could have been this honest and direct.

And... Could he have been honest & direct and just said "I want you to be compliant, submissive, have a sense of humor, and be physically/sexually playful and have me lead in the bedroom as well ". Yes, he could have.

Yes, we both could have been more honest and direct in our approaches of gathering that information. But the way we played it together so beautifully was fun for us both. It was clear what was being communicated between us without being dull and dry. And it just wasn't that deep or complicated - just male-female dynamics.

He HEARD what I was really saying - he GOT it. He was not baffled as to what I was really asking. He "got" me - I "got" him. We established a rapport, an understanding, a comfort level - as it is referred to in this forum.

Obviously, I would not be compatable with a man who felt that this level of communicating between us was dishonest - so a man such as yourself who wants everything honestly, straightforwardly spelled out and I would never make it to skating, lunch, or - potentially - any bedroom antics LOL Clearly you would have nexted me before the party even began. And good for you to hold out for the right woman for you who will be very direct and honest with you - and charmed by your straightforward, honest responses as well. To each his own.

I however, prefer the subtle, easy, fun banter where the underlying dynamic was not only understood between us, but appreciated and enjoyed. We were on the same wavelength. He was not intimidated, phased, baffled, resentful, suspicious, or overwhelmed by my test - nor was I by his. It was all good. It was all fun.

Another example from the recent past:

I had a man over for dinner recently. After dinner he started to get up and help clear the table - did he really want to do that? No. And did I let him? No. He was told to sit right back down and relax - I took care of the dirty dishes. That is MY job.

If he had gone in to a whole diatribe about equality in housework, blah blah blah, than I would have found out we are not compatable. As it was, he just leaned back and laughed and said "It's good to be King"

He liked that I was taking care of him in this traditional way - and it made me feel GOOD that he let me do it. I like being the girl - but another woman may not define her feminity that way - that would have been good information for him to get as well. See?

Would it have been more honest & direct of him to say "I am the Man and I don't want to be the 'New Male' - But I am going to offer to help to see how you react." Was he conscious it was a test? probably not.

Do I "next" him for being "dishonest" because the truth was he really wanted to sit and be King and not help with the clearing of the table? The truth was he actually wanted me to be The Woman who will care for him in this traditional way. Was he manipulating by saying he would clear the table? I don't think so.

These are small interactions of relating, these are where the the groundwork of defining what we want from eachother, how we function as a couple. The actual interactions that make the dance worth getting dressed up for.

There are a myriad of ways that I am beginning to recognize that both genders test for compatability - on immensely subtle levels.

I find it hard to believe that these tests, on either gender's part, are malicious or meant to trip up the other gender. My belief is that what we are all hoping to find is the person who "passes" the majority of the tests (or gives us the "positive information" we are hoping for - in Womannese - LOL).

If these types of interactions scream as a lack of integrity and true dishonesty to you, than I am guilty as charged.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_disturbance said:
Allright...Next and most important question. What makes you ladies go "ga ga" and weak in the knees. Specifically what moves - i.e. necking in a certain way or in a certain area, a certain kind of kissing, etc.
Gentle, sweet neck kisses are nice...but then, so is the whole taking you forcefully in their arms and giving you a long passionate kiss.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
"How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man and take away reason and accountability."
- Melvin Udall

Gotta love that line.
Ha, this is funny! I like it :)

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
"personal deal-breakers" = Logical sh!t I thought up on the fly which in no way shape or form has any bearing on reality if my emotions get triggered.
sorry...I don't understand this. I do have a pretty good grasp of the English language though if you want to try that one next time.

As opposed to that overpowering, headache inducing scent of cats piss that 99% of you chicks call "perfume".
Would you approach a girl if she was producing an aroma akin to the rotting leftover onion in the back of your fridge? Just make an effort to take a shower, and cologne doesn't hurt, that's all I'm saying.

If you'll notice however, this is a forum for picking up girls. If it were for girls on picking up guys, then I could see where this statement might have some relevancy. But without that, it's just an insult. Who knows why you feel the need to be insulting...are you self conscious about your own smell?

Weekend humanitarian warrior eh? How original, why not just get a barbwire tattoo and be done with it?
Not exactly. But if you come up to me with a corona shirt on it's an automatic no. This little nugget of advice was just to point out to the fellas here to be conscientious of what they're presenting to a woman when they approach her. Nothing more than that. What's this barbwire tattoo business? Isn't that a pam anderson thing?

And of course you have a plethora of guys grabbing your cooch and tattas, so much so it deserves its own place in the "deal breaker" list.
Yes

Pfffft, that list WAS for guys wasnt it? Men swear deal with it. Sure we dumb it down for the weaker sex but dont push it.
Yes, I know "men swear". But if you can refrain from it in your initial approach to women, you may find these encounters to be more successful.

Hmmm, this ones iffy. What if we see an amputee convention or a power walker or something? I suggest covering your ears.
Wow, no comment.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Definitely. Do you think Lexie is wyldfire or lovelylady?
What does this mean? Do you think I'm one of these other posters under another name? Hardly. If you're going to insult me with star wars references at least have the decency to explain them to me.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexie said:
Ha, this is funny! I like it :)
Jack Nicholson delivered that line PERFECTLY. The movie was soso but there were a few absolutely magnificent lines/exchanges in it.

"Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good."

"Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

"No need to stop being a lady. Quit worryin! You'll be back on your knees in no time!"

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Nicholson creeps me out! I watched Chinatown yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking of him how he is now instead of taking him as this young actor...completely ruined the movie for me.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like him as an actor but that's just me and a lot of other people ... lol.

He's probably overrated but really he does give consistent good performances.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I think I can see that. He has a dose of the crazy in his eyes, for sure.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the optimistic/naive members who ignored this site's general advice not to listen to what women say they want can summarise what they have learned from these 11 pages of a 'woman's point of view?'