Woman's Point of View

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That women don't know what they want but we talk with them anyway? Do I get a pony?

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never worry about what a woman wants anymore anyway. I just worry about how they respond to me. By the way Lexie did you read my answer to your question the my ladyfriend I slept with?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. now I got some questions.

Why don't women approach men more?
What goes through your mind in these instances?
What kind of circumstances, inward and o u t w a r d, influence your decision to approach or not?
What is your normal MO when approaching, or at least "opening the door" to a man?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:

What is your normal MO when approaching, or at least "opening the door" to a man?
1. because we are scared sissies usually
2. i open the door for gio all the time, we take turns at stuff like that.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A ha! Penny , so you're just a scaredy cat?!!
LOL.

Anyway, I think you misunderstood the "opening the door." What I meant was not Opening a door for a man in the literal sense, I mean hinting that you're interested in him. Basically, using body langiage to get the attention of a man, and encouraging him to approach you.

Penny: (looks at Interceptor seductively) "Hi" (and smiles seductively looking down and then back at him)

Interceptor: (raises eyebrow) (slowly turns her direction) "Hey , kitty kat. What are you up to this delightful evening?"(as he smoothly approaches Penny as if gliding across the floor in slow motion)

...and the seduction begins.

That's what I was talking about!

:kick: Girls are silly.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:

What goes through your mind in these instances?
What kind of circumstances, inward and o u t w a r d, influence your decision to approach or not?
I will approach a guy if I'm interested. Usually though it's more of 'putting myself in their vicinity' instead of openly hitting on them.
Circumstances include looks obviously, that's pretty much all you have to go on if you've never met someone, but I also take note of how they treat other people, who they hang out with, things like that.
Normal MO for me would probably be just asking a guy a question, standing/sitting near him like I said, trying to make a joke about our surroundings, stuff like that. If a girl you've never met chats you up, you've got to know she's interested.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
BlackJackal said:
I never worry about what a woman wants anymore anyway. I just worry about how they respond to me. By the way Lexie did you read my answer to your question the my ladyfriend I slept with?
Yes, I did! You can pm me the story if you want my take on things or just want to tell me.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
A ha! Penny , so you're just a scaredy cat?!!
LOL.

Anyway, I think you misunderstood the "opening the door." What I meant was not Opening a door for a man in the literal sense, I mean hinting that you're interested in him. Basically, using body langiage to get the attention of a man, and encouraging him to approach you.

Penny: (looks at Interceptor seductively) "Hi" (and smiles seductively looking down and then back at him)

Interceptor: (raises eyebrow) (slowly turns her direction) "Hey , kitty kat. What are you up to this delightful evening?"(as he smoothly approaches Penny as if gliding across the floor in slow motion)

...and the seduction begins.

That's what I was talking about!

:kick: Girls are silly.
haha ok ...
when i was single, and i didn't know someone well, i was afraid of that too. you never know when you put yourself out on a limb who will accept you and who will reject you...

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexie said:
... If a girl you've never met chats you up, you've got to know she's interested.
Yeah, grocery store checkout lines are a meat market in more ways than one. What's up with that? Does buying a gallon of milk just get a girls juices flowing or what?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexie said:
If you're going to insult me with star wars references at least have the decency to explain them to me.
You're on a man forum. Decency? Haven't you heard of "the myth of the decent man"?

JUST KIDDING! I know that there are some men out there who are decent. Like 5%.

Just kidding still! Lol, I crack myself up! :crackup:

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I don't know what you mean by this exactly. Are you saying that some chick judged you harshly-er than she would have another guy because you aren't a supermodel?

Not so much a supermodel, but essentially yes, I believe a lot of women (at least locally) will throw a guy into the "creepy loser category" if she's not attracted to him.

iqqi said:
Why are you trying to buy her a cookie anyways, don't you know that is AFC!? She won't respect you in the morning! You are going to FAIL her sh!t test!
Actually, I should have rephrased that better. The way the whole cookie thing happened is I got myself a cookie. Then they had a deal (buy one, get two free). So not needing 3 cookies in a day, I offered her one of her choice. So I got one, she got the "free one" and I took the other free cookie home to the parents.

Oh, and I wasn't at the point where I was really fully interested in her yet, so to me it wasn't so much a I'll buy you a cookie, which means you'll like me." deal, but a "I'm being good because I don't want so much, so I'll give you one" type of thing.

iqqi said:
Lol, I know what you are talking about, I have seen this happen. But before you asked them out, were you even on speaking terms to begin with?
Yeah. I don't ask women out after 3 minutes of knowing them. I usually have to build up some relationship and get fairly comfortable (but not TOO comfortable or be too late in the "relationship") first.

So I may start too show some interest, and then that's when so many of them turn nasty. Half the time, I don't even get to that point of asking them out. But... one of the rudest girls I had the misfortune of being fooled by was flirting with me, seemed to want to hang out with me, then all of a sudden, I ask her out, and she acts rude. Then comes the ignoring me game.

iqqi said:
Some women hate to reject, so they will avoid you to spare your feelings, or her own. If that makes sense.
Nope. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

iqqi said:
Some guys also don't take no for an answer, and by nodding back, women invite men like that to try again. She just doesn't want you to try again, or misread her "signals."
Oh no, so what if I ask a woman out 1 time, and then, oh god forbid, 5 months later, I might consider asking again, if I think things might be better. That would just be the worst thing, for women to say the word "no" twice in a 3 month period. What a big inconvenience!

I understand the guys who keep it up and become onoxious and relentless. Ugh. Then they might deserve it more (especially as they become more obnoxious and aggressive to the point of creepyness), but a guy who asks a woman out twice and only once in a while, if things seem to be going great, that isn't bugging. That isn't pestering.

And you don't have to flirt with the guy. But if he seems reasonable, and he says hello, then you can at least say hello back, and then go back to what you're doing. Right now, I respect being CIVIL. If a woman does that while rejecting the guy, that's rare. And that gets you some respect from my side.

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually say don't let women win too many arguments in a relationship...

let them have the toilet one though, you get piss on your toothbrush everytime you flush with the lid up.

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
That women don't know what they want but we talk with them anyway? Do I get a pony?
Sigh, I keep having to say this.

Women know EXACTLY what they want from a man, it's just that once they get it they'll dump him. I think this changes as people get older though.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NickSCFC2000 said:
Sigh, I keep having to say this.
Because you're wrong. They have been programmed to THINK they want a lot of things but those are not the things that deep down they are wired to need. Thus if they succeed in getting what they think they want they become unhappy and start looking for a fix to their unhappiness.

Short version: Women don't know what they want.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, lets say you ran into a chick that you kinda just met at like the mall or something and you guys make a little chit chat. Along the lines of this chit chat she says she has to go and starts gesturing toward a particular guy she's w/o her telling you exactly who he was but you have a big hunch that it could be her BF....what does that mean?

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Because you're wrong. They have been programmed to THINK they want a lot of things but those are not the things that deep down they are wired to need. Thus if they succeed in getting what they think they want they become unhappy and start looking for a fix to their unhappiness.

Short version: Women don't know what they want.
Hey us guys do the same.

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Because you're wrong. They have been programmed to THINK they want a lot of things but those are not the things that deep down they are wired to need.
I actually do agree with this to an extent. Women are very 'programmed'. Blame it on every chick click/romance novel ever made. We're shown a version of romance, and told 'hey this is what romance looks like, this is how it should be', so it can become hard to recognize it in other forms. Then some women do encounter the 'movie-style' romance and find they don't like it. So there's a lot of soul-searching that has to be done, and can only be done via trial-and-error in dating.