Why Have So Many Well Known Pickup Artists Had Major Personal Issues?

Vanderdonck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then PUAs got bad press, those guys realized that it would ruin their name and reputation, so they pretended to have some kind of issues or stop Pickup artistry and switch to self improvement, some just completely disappeared to be forgotten.
And it was their own fault as many of them sought out press to build their supposed brands and to stir the pot. Roosh especially got roasted on Dr. Oz, and made a big deal out of his PUA get-togethers being "exposed". Same with Roissy/Heartiste who went out of his way to pick fights online with feminists etc. I think they reveled in the controversy. Then you have Return of Kings which hosted a bunch of loser passport bros like Mat F o r n e y joking about r*pe and claiming to get all kinds of a$$ in the Philippines or Brazil or wherever. (Not saying they couldn't but that is not exactly a strategy for self improvement.) Side note, knowing what I now know about European and EE women especially, I think Roosh's tactics wouldn't work as well as he claimed in his stories (but I can't prove that).

I mean what did they think was going to happen. First rule of fight club and they broke it. The reason is simple, they thought they could make more money. Being controversial and obnoxious is how a lot of sad public figures try to get attention these days. Your material should speak for itself.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh said so himself, running CLOWN GAME and entertainment to basic b1tches to get laid gets old real quick and that lifestyle seemed to leave him dead and hopelss inside
Nah, he was an airhead to begin with, and I say this as someone who has many overlapping areas of agreement with him. Enjoying a plentiful supply of bed mates, then groaning over the alleged "emptiness" of your life, is no less absurd than what Good Charlotte once elucidated here
regarding grossly overpaid denizens of Hollywood

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
neil is still behind the eight ball so is roosh just trading PUA scams for the church story as old as time.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible it had beginnings then. That's why Strauss was a unique case as a 1969 birth. Strauss was a 1990s incel before getting immersed in the whole pickup culture. Part of the reason that Strauss was a 1990s incel was his height. Strauss is only 5'6". Most men below 5'8" are incel or experience sexual scarcity for extended periods of time. This is especially true for White men, who are generally taller than Hispanic men. Hispanic men can get away with being shorter since Hispanics in general are shorter.

Rates of male sexlessness didn't increase substantially until the high speed internet era of the 2000s and smartphone/app era of the 2010s. That's when incels and men experiencing long sexual droughts became more mainstream. Additionally, biological sex ratios started to become more unfavorable to men in the 2000s.

In the 21st Century, we're seeing more married men getting less sex than they were in the past too, which is a dangerous trend. After a certain point in a marriage, marital sex becomes infrequent. To an actual incel, married men in 3-5+ year long marriages only having sex 1-2 times a month doesn't sound too bad, but it is a lousy deal for the married man. The married men has to put up with a bunch of marital bullshiit for limited sex, whereas single men getting little to no sex have complete freedom over their lives.

A lot of men who become interested in PUA content have substandard sex lives and are looking to improve.
i got into pua because my sex life sucked and i wanted to improve- it definitely got me results but there are a few coaches who i dont like

Strauss- again has a very feminine demeanour i'm not sure how that guy would get laid in a cold approach situation he just comes across as straight up gay.

Ross Jeffries- i don't buy his nlp bull**** nor do i think it would ever enhance any of my daygame interactions - he blabbers a lot and overcomplicates things to look cleverer than he acutally is .

John Anthony- again ****s prostitutes and seemingly endlessly lies don't know how anyone could be attracted to him

Mystery- I respect the work he's done but honestly he comes across like he has Asperger's not sure i can really take him seriously as a person and in recent interviews he looks off then again he's had a divorce plus his sister and mother died this year so I understand he visually doesn't seem to be himself.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neil and mystery seem to be pretty well off when you compare them to traditional Don Juan's and sex addicts Neil has his own podcast and is in a whole different field he has reinvented himself which is a good thing if you ever read The art of seduction or any other book by Robert Greene.
mystery got divorced and lost custody of his children then his mother and sister died in a short space of time which seemed to really take its toll on him (visually speaking)

I still see Liam Mcrae, James Marshall and Paul Janka as the big winners that of course and simple pickup though i dislike kong and jessie - especially jessie who seems to be paying for sex from hookers now at around $5k a session.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tom Torero: Has a scandal surrounding non-consensual recordings. Dies unexpectedly. Family confirms his death was a suicide.

Roosh: Sister dies of breast cancer. Leads to emotional breakdown. Has a religious conversion and condemns pickup, seduction, and all non-marital sex.

Neil Strauss: Was borderline incel before meeting Mystery and other PUAs. That's notable because Strauss was a Gen X'er and inceldom didn't become big until the Millennial generation became more prominent. After learning from Mystery, becomes a quality seducer and ends up in sex addiction rehab. Gets married, writes book denouncing pickup and seduction, gets divorced.

Mystery: Was rumored to have dropped out of the public eye due to some serious mental health afflictions.
Because sex doesn't fill the void. There was a time in my life myself where I was a sex addict. Needed sex almost everyday. Trust me, and I'm not joking. It makes you literally hollow from inside.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because sex doesn't fill the void. There was a time in my life myself where I was a sex addict. Needed sex almost everyday. Trust me, and I'm not joking. It makes you literally hollow from inside.
It's the need that hollows you out. Not sex. Addiction is rarely in the substance, but in the need.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got into pua because my sex life sucked and i wanted to improve- it definitely got me results but there are a few coaches who i dont like

Strauss- again has a very feminine demeanour i'm not sure how that guy would get laid in a cold approach situation he just comes across as straight up gay.

Ross Jeffries- i don't buy his nlp bull**** nor do i think it would ever enhance any of my daygame interactions - he blabbers a lot and overcomplicates things to look cleverer than he acutally is .

John Anthony- again ****s prostitutes and seemingly endlessly lies don't know how anyone could be attracted to him

Mystery- I respect the work he's done but honestly he comes across like he has Asperger's not sure i can really take him seriously as a person and in recent interviews he looks off then again he's had a divorce plus his sister and mother died this year so I understand he visually doesn't seem to be himself.
None of this stuff is based on peer reviewed research, and those who write and speak on such issues are all flawed, same way no martial arts instructor can give you The Unbeatable Fighting System

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the reason why these so called PUAs don't have their stuff together is they seek women for validation and as a sort of emotional high. They don't have any spiritual or emotional knowledge to feel good about themselves without women's approval so they seek something outside of themselves.

They also can lack a sense of purpose after being in dragged into the game for too long. The truth is Men were destined to preserve their life force ( semen) for greater purposes in life such as building things, arts, sports, writing literature, making charasmatic speeches as a leader etc......You can't do that if you're constantly blowing your load every week on tramps, instead of harnessing it for a greater spiritual purpose.

Women these days can be such a dragged man....I'd go overseas or better yet, convert to Islam and find a darn good muslim woman chaste, humble and modest woman.....LOL, I thought about it. What does Islam believe? It believes in One god and Jesus was a messenger of God and Prophet.....Let's just leave it at that because I'm not open for a religious discussion due to the rules on this board.

Anyways, preserve and harnessed your life Force for the Good guys, you'll thank me later for this advice.

IMG_8095.png