The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To: tripod23

^^^^ This. Should be stickied! I'm really glad I've read this!
Just copy pasted to my Desktop, so I know I won't lose it to the web! Awesome Man!
Trully, the voice of experience! Brilliant

Machtwo said:
I received the confirmation letter today from the local county court, I've been officially divorced since November 1st.

Is it possible to be both happy and sad at the same time??
Contratulations Man (??) hahaha

Just wanted to share that yesterday I've went to a college party, and I hooked up with 3 chicks, complete random chicks. Woke up today with some real nice texts on my phone from 2 of them! =)

I was not even aware I gave them my number, and most specially, that the girls would initiate the chase (since I didn't had their #)

Still, I'm feeling like crap about the Ex.

Bottomline, I guess it's possible to feel happy and sad at the same time! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

And a personal note, I've started last monday meditation classes. It really made me see things with another perspective, and I'm healing much faster now.
So to all you guys, I trully recommend it. I'm doing
Transcedental Meditation, from that Guy Maharish Yogi, the guru of the Beatles. It's good stuff! :up:

Bacious

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's day 28 for me now and while even just a week ago I would've thought it outrageous I think I'm genuinely starting to move on. The flatmate of a female friend of mine has been giving off some good vibes the last few times I've spoken to her. By "good vibes" I mean that kind of intimate eye contact that's a bit longing and a more smiling than any old girl - another friend that was there most recently commented on it so it after she left so it isn't just in my head!

All the same, there's a danger here of getting attached to the first new girl that looks my way so I'll just hold off until I'm back on my feet again and have looked after myself a little.

I'm only recently out of high school - left for university 2 months ago - so there's a whole load of new things to adjust to in my life. Bars, clubbing, mingling, being away from home and drinking more than a sip of daddy's beer are all relatively new to me so I'm going to take things at what I find a manageable pace for now.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, it's all very helpful for me given this is the first breakup (near 2 year relationship) I've ever had! Cute, right?

mkj1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my friends. As mentioned in earlier posts by bright minds of this forum NC works in two ways. To evoke feelings at your ex' end, and to heal your self! I know for a fact that both these statements are true, and they both work. Though you might not believe me right now, it works, one way or the other. Or both ways, like in my case. Over the last month I've been doing a lot of healing from initiating NC from my ex. Even though I know it's not smart, I've done a bit of thinking when it comes to my ex' feelings, and what she's thinking. I've told my self several times that she does not care about me, will never speak to me again, and tried to convince my self that the best thing is if she does not speak to me again. But today, despite all my thoughts, my ex tried to contact me.

It's been 36 days since she sent me a text in the middle of the night saying that it was all over, and that she would not speak to me again. I went NC straight away, and today, over a month later - despite what she wrote in the text - she tried to contact me. Tonight she sent a facebook-message, and then two minutes later an sms. Desperate to speak to speak to me...? I know this girl, and I know how her mind works by now, after a year of hell. She wants to lure me back into her arms, before dumping me like a piece of ****. Just to feel good about her self, knowing that I still care about her. But I'm not falling for this play again. I was out tonight, having a great time with friends and a couple of cute girls when I got the texts. My ex wrote: "Sap? Are u awake?". I did not respond to it, and I'm trying to convince my self that it's not smart to respond when I wake up tomorrow either. It's really though, when you've been telling your self for a month that you will cut all bonds with this chick, but as soon as she contacts you, you automatically starts to doubt your own feelings from before.

MichiganMan1111

Don Juan
Reaction score
mkj1990 said:
It's been 36 days since she sent me a text in the middle of the night saying that it was all over, and that she would not speak to me again. I went NC straight away, and today, over a month later - despite what she wrote in the text - she tried to contact me. Tonight she sent a facebook-message, and then two minutes later an sms. Desperate to speak to speak to me...? I know this girl, and I know how her mind works by now, after a year of hell. She wants to lure me back into her arms, before dumping me like a piece of ****. Just to feel good about her self, knowing that I still care about her. But I'm not falling for this play again. I was out tonight, having a great time with friends and a couple of cute girls when I got the texts. My ex wrote: "Sap? Are u awake?". I did not respond to it, and I'm trying to convince my self that it's not smart to respond when I wake up tomorrow either. It's really though, when you've been telling your self for a month that you will cut all bonds with this chick, but as soon as she contacts you, you automatically starts to doubt your own feelings from before.
That last paragraph of yours is almost as beautiful as poetry. I think you might be drunk, but that doesn't matter. Great stuff there. All I can say is this...I am kinda in the same place you are, but believe me when I say, new ***** is better than old *****. Someone earlier in the thread posted about how much more fun starting a new relationship is as opposed to keeping a dieing one "alive." NC is sooooooooooooooo amazing. You wake up one morning in a different girl's bed and you can't even remember the date when you started NC with the last ***** that tried to break your heart. Women come in all different shapes, sizes, and personalities...what's wrong with trying different models out? I was once a little weak shell of a man, but now..Im a man, man. By the way, despite what people say, women of all ages (from 25-45 in my case) love Old Spice. Old Spice has gotten me laid far more often than expensive cologne. Don't forget: If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist.

mkj1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I was drunk. :p

What do you guys think I should do? Just not respond and let it be? Or would that make me seem bitter?

My feeling right now is that I should probably not respond. And by respond I obviously don't mean "HEY, WHAT'S UP?", but just answer the question she sent me and that's it. But I don't think I'm going to do it.

MichiganMan1111

Don Juan
Reaction score
mkj1990 said:
Haha yeah, I was drunk. :p

What do you guys think I should do? Just not respond and let it be? Or would that make me seem bitter?

My feeling right now is that I should probably not respond. And by respond I obviously don't mean "HEY, WHAT'S UP?", but just answer the question she sent me and that's it. But I don't think I'm going to do it.
Well you said you have made it 36 days...why not shoot for 60 then re-evaluate? If she really wants you back she will still be there then. Also, and MOST IMPORTANT, if you wait it puts YOU in the dominant position. Trust me from experience, you will feel crushed if you let her get one-up on you by blowing off your response text or some **** like that. I've been where you are, and from personal experience, responding sets you back mentally for at least a week.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tripod23 said:
i have been in a very similar situation where my ex was telling me she loved me , missed me , wanted me , but yet did nothing to make things happen , you need to remember that if your ex sees you being in any way weak , she will play on it all the way to the bank my friend.

now this is where you could possible turn things around in your own favour , but only if you want to that is , firstly you need to accept for the time being at least that whats done is done , and make all the effort to STOP punishing yourself . its not all your fault ok just remember that.

women want a man to be a man , they say they want flowers and for us to go shopping with them and all that bull**** ....but it never works that way .
This has been the difficult part for me and where I've been most torn. On one hand, I totally and utterly agree that showing weakness will go against me and I gain more ground by no contact and not giving her any attention.

On the other hand, I basically called the break up and I treated her dreadfully during a really tough time in her life. I recognise that I was in the wrong and that my behaviour is one of the main reasons she will not try again (I've heard this from her and from her friend too). Originally, I thought she had moved on with ease and didn't care, when it turns out I've really hurt her.

No contact worked in a lot of ways. It reached the point where she couldn't hold back any more and made contact, revealed her feelings etc, but the damage I've caused will not go away through no contact or playing cool.

However, you're right...I need to stop punishing myself. This is dragging out the pain, stopping me from healing and if I keep blaming myself, I lose valuable man points in her eyes...and worse, in my own eyes.

i know you only want her back in your life..... and fast , but it wont happen until she sees you have changed and become a better man , and stop dwelling on all the stuff that has happend.....from now on its nc all the fooooooking way brother,,,,,,,do not reach out to her at all......
You're absolutely right and I need to really let this sink in!! I can apologise and explain and try to find some magic words to change her mind, but the mere action of doing this and pursuing her shows her just how needy I am.

Thankfully, I have not made these mistakes. I've kept my cool the whole time and only replied to texts that she has send, and agreed to an offer to meet that she made. However, I now realise that I need to stop engaging in this texting and that meeting up is not good for me right now. I need to move on and heal before I have any contact with her again.

you said you have dated a couple of chicks right......your lucky because since i got the boot i have had nothing ..... zero.......does this concern me not really because i have realised that women are a king size pain in the ass.
I realise I'm very fortunate in this regard. I still have my looks and my confidence and there are a lot of women who have been waiting for me to be single. I get a lot of attention in general too, but what I need to do is reach that level where I'm happy with myself, by myself, without relying on external flattery or attention or reassurance.

it may take her weeks , months , or even yrs for her to realise she made a mistake by letting you go who knows .

i had a girl very recently who iv known for 25 plus yrs told me she only got married because she couldnt have me , i was in shock when she said it .

i also had a girl i dated 17 yrs ago who recently admitted she never treat me right and that i was great to her ,and also admitted how she still likes me , and how i used to make her feel special , so what does this tell you .......it tells you they never forget the good ones ,,,,,,,all the knobs are forgotten but the strong good guys who stick to their guns get respected......and this will happen here if you follow the correct path . put any items of hers out of the way delete numbers and move forward with you mission and purpose in life - which is a very powerfull tool to have under your belt.
Similar things have happened to me too mate. I would say that most of my exes have come looking for another chance with me some years later, but it only happens once I move on.

I know my ex still loves me, but I also understand now is not the right time for us and her reasons for not getting back together make a lot of sense. Our relationship had so much going against us and if we tried again, it would all happen again. Sure, I might be able to put on a front, contain my emotions better, grin and bear it, but ultimately I would not be happy and she would not be able to give me what I really want from a relationship with her.

Perhaps a year from now things will be different, but I can't go on like this for a year or however long it takes, clinging to that hope. I have to focus on moving on!!

Thank you for your post mate and welcome to the thread. You have a lot of valuable insight here. :)

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mkj1990 said:
It's really though, when you've been telling your self for a month that you will cut all bonds with this chick, but as soon as she contacts you, you automatically starts to doubt your own feelings from before.
This basically sums up most of our problems!

It can really be expanded on as the root of our difficulties in dealing with break ups...

Most of us are perfectly capable of rationalizing why we broke up, what we need to do to move on, or even to get her back, and why we are better off out of the relationship. It all makes such perfect sense in our heads, and yet it all gets clouded by emotional influences.

Emotion causes us to behave irrationally and that's why some of the smartest, most clued up guys here keep making those basic mistakes.

Speaking for myself, I was in total control, I learned from my break up, I had a list of Dos and Don'ts and other rules to follow, which I studied every day. I did all the smart things - deleted her number, deleted her off Facebook, refused to stalk her, and focused entirely on moving on. I was pretty sure she would contact me at some point, and I told myself I'd keep my cool if that happened...

And yet, the night she made contact, I disregarded EVERYTHING in an instant and started texing back reciprocating her feelings! I never even gave it a moment of reflection, asked any advice, or hesitated in any way.

When the emotions settled and my rational thinking returned, I literally couldn't understand how I could've been so impulsive and foolish?! It was as if another person had taken my phone and sent that text.

I was chastising myself, asking myself "what were you thinking?" and so on, then it occurred to me: who was asking these questions and who was I asking? Quite a scary thought really, yet we all have this dual/multiple personality that is often in conflict.

I've done a lot of studying on this and it's serving me well. I'm starting to recognise my emotional persona as a separate entity to my rational persona, and whenever I start to get emotional, I try to put my rational persona back in charge.

This probably sounds like the ramblings of a mad man, yet it does make sense once you become conscious of your thought processes. And I believe somewhere in this line of thinking lies the key to dealing with emotional issues such as break ups...and a whole lot else too.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lotus Effect said:
And a personal note, I've started last monday meditation classes. It really made me see things with another perspective, and I'm healing much faster now.
So to all you guys, I trully recommend it. I'm doing
Transcedental Meditation, from that Guy Maharish Yogi, the guru of the Beatles. It's good stuff! :up:
Did you pay for the classes?

I've been meaning to start meditation for some time now and have found some basic (free) instructions on how to do TM. It sounds promising!

Please keep us updated on your experiences.

Bacious

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deleted my ex off Facebook yesterday after I read a comment I'd rather not have seen. To sum it up, the guy she was partnered with on school US exchange (yeah, guy, she was the only girl to be paired with a male) is coming back here (UK) for a week in December and he was the catalyst for the breakup.

The exchange consisted of 20 American students coming here for two weeks in June (they live with their partner's family), and then the 20 UK students went out in October. Thing is that her damn partner came over again in July too - literally a month after he'd left the bloody country he came back to see her! At that point we were still together but it was absolutely tearing my heart in two having to deal with that crap.

Fast forward and the day after she got home in October we broke up, that was nearly a month ago.

So this guy will have flown from the US to the UK 3 times in 6 months. How in the **** an 18 year old kid can afford that I simply do not know (edit: actually I do know. He can't, his parents can). He basically bought my girlfriend (when she was in the US they went to Disney World despite it being on the other side of the country) and he spent an absurd amount of money on her. I simply couldn't compete with that, I have no doubt that he'd pay for her to fly over at some point.

Not that he has to because she's going off to America with her family in the summer (this was planned this years ago) and he's going to fly to one of the states they stop off at.

I've never been properly jealous in terms of a relationship until now and it feels fvcking horrible. We had a great thing going until this guy burnt thousands of dollars on her and then it all ended abruptly.

So seeing that he's coming over again has honestly set me back weeks. Thought I'd share, though I can't imagine many people can empathise. I can't exactly blame her even though, the guy is spending more money seeing her and on her than I would've ever imagined...

sph21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 14 of NC.

A week ago me and my friend created a singing group for the christmas. A few days ago I still thought that the reason she wanted to breakup with me is because she's angry/ disappointed with me for the things that I did to her. So, I asked him to ask her whether she wanted to join this group or not. I knew it was a stupid idea but at the time, I thought she's still angry with me and there's zero chance if she wanted to join us.

Unexpectedly she wants to join my group. This is crazy! It's just too soon for her to make that kind of decision considering I thought the reason why she dumped me because she was angry/ disappointed with me and can't trust me anymore. There were something missing here.

Yesterday I told a friend about my confusion. He had all the missing pieces I've been searching for. He told me about her true feelings after the breakup. Apparently she's in love with her coworker. When he asked about her feelings to me, she said she was just feeling sad to leave me. Just as I thought from the beginning. I hurt her before but she was just using that as a reason to breakup with me. Now, everything makes perfect sense to me.

She's just trying to be nice to me. She might think by being nice to me will solve our broken relationship since I'm NC'ing her all this time. I don't need her pity. Probably she just want to be a friend to me.

Today I saw her at church but I couldn't hide my disappointment to her. I tried to smile to everyone I meet but it was so hard since I got flu and last night I couldn't get enough sleep. When the church is over, I saw her talking to an elder. Luckily, I needed to talk to him too. When she saw me, I tried to crack a smile at her. So I went there and talked to him. I completely turned my back on her unintentionally and she left without saying a word.

Tuesday we'll meet for a rehearsal and I'm planning to ignore her and won't initiate a communication.

tripod23

Don Juan
Reaction score
bacious.....all i can say is that it is fvcking horrible when this sort of thing happens , but let him try and buy his way to her heart , he doesnt realise he is making a big mistake doing this , she is living out a fairy tale in her head... in my opinion anyway .

even if she gets really serious with this guy how will she get to know him properly when hes on the other side of the world , its a joke the stunts women pull , so shes being fooling around while you were still together.....if thats the case she needs launching.

Bacious

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks tripod, that's what I've been telling myself. She'll probably have her fling, get her expensive presents and then get burnt out when it becomes untenable. I can't help but feel I'd find it easier if we'd broken up on terrible terms though - being borderline bought out of what was once a fantastic relationship ain't a good feeling.

It wouldn't surprise me if she texts me at some point in the future when he gets bored. She wont be getting any response, that's for sure.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nc day 1

i feel pretty good

i initiated break up - found out she cheated on me

break up went pretty good (thanks to reading sosuave forums for the past year or two) , i stayed cool and calm and made sure she knew i was truly happy to be kicking her out of my life and did it with a smile on my face, she balled her eyes out...

quick question: what would you guys recommend i do in terms of her picking up her sh*t from my house - she has a bunch of stuff in this extra room in my house so should i wait 60 days? plus she owes me money, let me know what you guys think i should do

all in all im pretty contented right now, not feeling any emotional turmoil, maybe that will change in the next couple days but who knows, and i doubt ill do anything brash or irrational

keep you guys posted

mkj1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
narcissist said:
quick question: what would you guys recommend i do in terms of her picking up her sh*t from my house - she has a bunch of stuff in this extra room in my house so should i wait 60 days? plus she owes me money, let me know what you guys think i should do
She cheated on you? Let that b*tch pick up her sh*t from your driveway.

Good luck btw, mate.

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To mkj1990, Jariel and anyone out there (Including Future Me)

Culebra Posted this wise words few pages ago about the Ex reaching out, which is the utmost true, so I'm posting again to remember you guys, and myself,
to hold the f**k up.
The Bold lines are noteworthy.

Now a lot of your boys are getting your hopes up on one text, one email, one call from your ex after a couple of weeks or months of NC. You, hear the phone and can't control yourself, you've worked so hard to get the puta out of your mind and now she is calling, it must meanshe wants to get back together ---- so you think. When you respond to her she will go cold again. Listen boys, I will give you some advice and I hope you guys are reading this and paying attention. Do yourselves a favor and read all the postings on this message board, in particular the first 100 pages. A lot of men have gotten that call/text/email from their ex's after a couple of weeks of NC, after they have practically healed, it's sad when they respond to their ex only to realize nothing had changed, the ex didn't want to get back together. If you really want to get the upper hand on your ex, when she contacts you DO NOT RESPOND, IF you DO you will be welcoming an extended heartache. What you should do is give it at least 60 days from the first contact, give yourself 2 months. If your ex really wants you her quest to get you back will accelerate to the point of madness/insanity.

If you make it too easy for them to come back they will not appreciate it, they will drop you at the slightest argument. Be a man, appreciate your worth.
Well, this is pretty much the truth according to Culebra, and every f**king one I know. So basically, cry alone, work on your own sh*t, and hope for the best (The being you heal, not her coming back As a friend of mine keep telling me, she is Dead. If she ever show up run, 'cause it is a freaking ghost!

And please, don't act/show needines. It is an instant turn off. I know I did, and I'm paying a very expensive emotional toll. She cheated on me, I said everything to her, and them less than a month after I chased, fogave her and tryed to get back together, which basically said. I have no value, you can step with your golden feet on me for how long as you want.
This is some sh*t that I won't be able to change in her mind, ever. There is no NC that will be able to change that. Only the NC I'm commited to now.

The Forever NC challenge! Good luck guys. Day 33 of the rest of my life here!

PS: Feeling like total crap today. So sad I sent her that email last month. Just read a post on another thread abput a girl who just needed to know that her boyfriend wanted to come back together so she could move on. That's exactly what I've done! So, not that I wasn't aware of that by now, but it really made my day much worse, knowing that expressing my feelings did nothing but conforting her in her decision. I am really sad right now!

Last edited:

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
day 14. Had a busy weekend so not much time to stop and think about things. JUst got into the office and its pretty slow around here right now. My mind is starting to wander and think about her. Mainly is she sleeping with someone? "wich i know is a yess" I dont understand how women can just drop us like a sack of crap and not even give to ****s. I bet it is karma coming back around on me from all the messed up things ive done to other girls and her. Oh well, just ready for this feeling to fade, any of yall get that heart dropping feeling when your driving and you think you see them headed towards you?

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuko2007 said:
I dont understand how women can just drop us like a sack of crap and not even give to ****s.
Most women keep orbiterz and backups in the background. If things are going a little bit south with their current guy they start thinking about options. Happens to the best of us man. Get out first next time.

Groverz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleeping is becoming hard, had a ****ty dream about her and woke up with my heart racing, lasted pretty much all night. Not sure if it was because I was dumb and texted her and never got a response or what. Still not doing good on NC, always like to make sure people are doing ok, it's sort of a flaw I guess. Always wanting to help and protect people.