The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@DonnyJuanny : If she is Bipolar syndrome (BPS) she will fvck your mind up like you've never known. Mine was BPS, absolutely adored me, worshipped me, and like the wind she would change, become depressed, changeable, indifferent then wanted something new, then she'd come back again doting and repeat.

BPS often have "New Relationship Energy" (NRE) addiction. This is because when they go out with a new person they get such a buzz from the Serotonin, Dopamine and Oxytocin from NRE that it causes their BPS to go into remission. It cures them for a while. During that period they will be the most amazing partner ever, doting, loving, happy, give the best sex ever, absolutely worship you - because after all you've cured them and they are grateful - then the NRE effects will gradually wear off and they'll lose interest. They tend to seek NRE cyclically, like every year or two, because it beats feeling really miserable and it's the only thing that keeps them from going nuts. The trouble is, it makes you who enjoyed that amazing period go nuts afterwards, yearning for it again. I'm rarely affected by women, but my BPS fvcked me up good and proper, I still miss her for some crazy reason.

Sound familiar?

Stick with NC and tell yourself you are one of many victims left in her wake and no matter what you do, you can't compete with the NRE hit she's probably seeking.

DonnyJuanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Skalioppe

It does sound familiar. I'm not sure exactly if that is what she is as I am not a psychologist. When she left the whole deal was that she just "didn't want the relationship anymore" or "it ran its course". That was what was hardest for me to accept and that is why I acted like such a chump for a while afterwards. I've finally accepted that it's done but I'm not naive enough to think she'll never try to come back. There is not a single thing I can do about it so why even try. I think I just got all emotioned out lol. I honestly hope she has a good life and I feel her grip loosening on me everyday. It is so relieving. It hasn't been easy and I'm sure I'll have some ups and downs with this whole thing. Also, I don't think I'll ever completely forget about her. I don't let people into my life easily so when I do I usually get attached. I made a mistake in character judgment with this one. Like I said, I hope that she is happy but now that I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel I can't wait to be done. Then I hope that I'm at the point when she comes back to tell me that she messed up and try to suck me back in that I can just look at her and say, "Yeah, you did." Best of luck gentlemen.

DonnyJuanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
Woke up thinking about her today which seems to be normal. Even if I don't have any dreams with her in them she is still on my mind in the morning. I think it happens because my mind isn't fully awake yet to try and block her out so that is when it's easiest to invade. At this point though I'm not thinking about what I did wrong or how I can get her back or anything along those lines. I just think random things about her and then when I get out of bed it subsides pretty quickly. Light at the end of the tunnel? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Let's see how today goes.

Jerba

Reaction score
I have a pretty long story for what was only a few month relationship. We met on a study abroad program and hit it off from the start. Started dating a few weeks in and at the end found out she was worried I wouldn't want to keep it going back in the states. Opposite was true and we had a great time but less than two weeks after being back she had a week of family vacation followed by a two week work program in another state.

Talked every day and everything was going good until the end of her trip. 3 years before she had cheated on her boyfriend (he had a history of mental illness) and he broke up with her and committed suicide. She blamed herself naturally and I had already had to go through some stuff with her feeling terrible but I was glad to do it since I wanted to make her happy. Anyway, I handle it pretty well and show her im there for her and she tells me that she hopes I dont think this changes the way she feels about me, which it didn't.

The next day she is still having some problems but I cheer her up again and we start to plan when we're going to see each other when she gets back. She then says that if she didn't know better she'd think I didnt care about us but she tells me she knows I do and that I dont have to prove it to her (which I do anyway). What really pisses me off about this part is that the night before she left on her trip she told me that if her ex was still alive she would gladly leave me to be available for him even if he still didn't want her. Then when I'm finally feeling more comfortable about her feelings for me she tells ME that she doesnt think I care? After that line, which I doubt she even remembers saying since she was baked.

Still, I ignored it and tell her I want to see her earlier than she had planned and she lights up, super excited, etc. Then tells me that she wants to start birth control, which in my mind is an indication of wanting to get even more serious. The next day she is airports and planes the entire day and we barely get to talk at 4am but things still seem fine.

Next day she is unpacking and meeting new roommates and hangs out with friends. Seems a little more distant but nothing that strange. 2 am I get a text asking if we can skype and over video chat she breaks up with me. She lists off a bunch of bs excuses: she's going to be really busy (she knew her whole schedule of work and classes before we even started dating and yet she can still make time for her friends but not me?), we have different interests (yeah, and lots of similar ones. I had even showed her already I was excited to try some of her other interests that I had never done), we probably wouldnt have lasted forever (seriously? What is a relationship aside from trying to see how long you can last or if you're right together?), and that we "only work in person" (long distance was from her trip and was only 3 weeks, we were about to finally see each other when I would visit a few times and after a few weeks I'd be back in town permanently again). The unforgivable thing she said was "maybe alcohol was too much of an influence on us starting to date". This one really pissed me off. We started dating in SPITE of alcohol. One night she got super blackout wasted after we had been flirting and such for days. I ended up having to take care of her and stop her from vomiting all over herself for 3 hours in the middle of the night in a foreign city while she was crying over her dead ex and telling me I'm too nice (while calling me the wrong name). Then carried her back myself. Yet I had real feelings for her and asked her out the next day. Not too much drinking for the rest of the trip and I know from someone she talked to through the whole trip that she was really into me.

Its been 17 days of no contact aside from a text from her on day 7 about a microsoft office copy she had if I needed it since we had talked about how our school was giving out free copies. Few hours later I respond with "No thanks I got the free copy you told me about before, remember?" and she immediately responds with "Oh. I thought it didn't go through. Good. n.n"

For most of the two weeks I was sad and hoping she'd call me at some point to apologize. I was even thinking of reaching out to see how she was doing. All I could think of was getting back together because how can someone do a complete 180 from starting birth control to breaking up in just 24 hours? But I kept from contacting her and then one day I realized that it is her loss and I was nothing but good to her and didn't deserve to be treated this way. I was in it seriously and was willing to be there for her during her problems and had already ignored some pretty mean stuff for her. But to be talked to like I was, dumped and then told she didn't have feelings for me and it was just the alcohol she drank a few nights during the trip that lead to us somehow dating for 2 months, showed me that I'm better off regardless of her real motive for breaking it off, even if it was deeply emotional with her ex she didn't have to take it out on me and refuse to talk about it or tell me the truth. Especially after what I already put in in so little time. I'm still continuing no contact and won't be the first to break it.

Last edited:

DJinBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 4

Long Story Short - Met a married HB8 two years ago with one foot out the door in her marriage, she worked long and hard for 8 months to finally get to me, so no matter how much beta backsliding went on it was never all that hard to re-seduce her. I truly believe she never had such a challenge with a man before and she never forgot.

We enjoyed a year-long honeymoon period. Since her separation and divorce it's been hard. We've been hot/cold weekly for the last year. I was solidly LJBF'd for a major part of this spring and pulled no contact on her once before. I was out of work and had left town for a month. It worked. 17 days later I finally initiated. In that time, she initiated 4-5 times and I responded each time, albeit either hours later or the next day, so she never really got the FULL effect.

I find myself in no contact again. Upon seeing some facebook photos of us, her ex husband gently "congratulated" her and told her he was with a new woman. She fell for the oldest trick in the book and went back to him, but not before asking me for a "proper goodbye" this past Sunday. I worked on my game in the days leading up, swatted through her defenses like flies and closed by 7 pm in the evening. There hasn't been a word spoken since. It's been 4 days.

This isn't as much about getting her back for a LTR. She can't be trusted. It is about the pain of rejection, the redemption I want, and the idea that I COULD take her sorry ass back if I wanted to. We only live a minute apart, and she is a customer at the cell phone carrier I work at. She is insecure, and loves attention and validation. Let's assume they don't get back happily ever after. How long before the intense fear of loss hits her like a typhoon? Will she crack? Is she driving past my house? My curiosity is not so much about who or what is banging her now, I am very intrigued with the aspect of female psychology and the balance of power going forward. I want my dignity back, and I want her obsessed. Awful, I know.

NewMee_206

Reaction score
today i am starting the NC challenge i broke up with my ex along time ago and have been devestated this girl was my everything but i was young and dumb and didnt noe what i had till it was too late she left me after a year and a half and juss wanted to be friends i asked my self "how can i be just friends with the person i can see me spending my whole life with " come to find out she ended up with one of my friends. I was hurt but it was me who pushed her away. I have been reading these post about what people are doing and how it is helping them get better and either move on or after the challenge getting back what they wanted i wish i would have came across this fourm along time ago but i guess all things happen for a reason so TODAY is day 1 i will keep posting and in 60 days hopefully i will be ready to move on or my love will come back either way im going to stay strong and complete the challenge thanks guys.

althor

Don Juan
Reaction score
well day 7 of the "new NC", though I had actually started it 2 months ago...

just a thought for tonight, and for people like @Jerba (I read your whole story, man that was intense!) and @DJinBlue: I like to measure the success of my NC by the amount of time I spend NOT thinking about her. I know it's hard, but it's probably the only measure of success. EVEN if you want to get back with her.

So far it's been better. Getting her off my Facebook - and actually BLOCKING her, which is better since I don't get to see if she's changed her profile pic - has been a big relief. As a note: just after our breakup, I went out of my way to tell her I had her e-mail password (and that she had to change it). She didn't know that before. This was probably one of the best decisions I've made on my life. A HUGE help for my NC and for my mental health. So that's a tip for the guys who still have some way of getting inside info on your ex: don't. It's not worth it.

That said, keep it up people!!. Some of the stories here are pretty hard. Seeing other guys be strong in the face of pretty hard abuse is an inspiration. Cheers!

Jerba

Reaction score
Yeah Althor it's been a crazy/confusing few weeks. I can't say I don't want her to come apologizing and begging me to take her back but I know there's no reason for me to be the one to initiate contact after what I had to go through. She'll either recognize her mistake and do what it takes to try and contact me with my no contact in effect or she doesn't care enough to do it. Another day of no contact added to the table and I'm still taking better care of myself than ever before.

DonnyJuanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke NC yesterday but not in as bad of ways as I've seen on here. I still haven't talked to her (our numbers are blocked) but I did get blackout and unblock her on twitter. I looked at some of her recent tweets and then just blocked her back. I know it's technically cheating and I suppose that I'm supposed to start over but there wasn't too much harm done. I think I'm well on my way to being through with this one seeing as how I didn't really feel all that much while looking at her tweets. Maybe this is a good sign for the future. Still, I don't WANT or NEED to make a habit of this. Once is fine, I'll forgive myself but I CANNOT make a habit of it. I'm trying to be done with her.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NewMee_206 said:
today i am starting the NC challenge i broke up with my ex along time ago and have been devestated this girl was my everything but i was young and dumb and didnt noe what i had till it was too late she left me after a year and a half and juss wanted to be friends i asked my self "how can i be just friends with the person i can see me spending my whole life with " come to find out she ended up with one of my friends. I was hurt but it was me who pushed her away. I have been reading these post about what people are doing and how it is helping them get better and either move on or after the challenge getting back what they wanted i wish i would have came across this fourm along time ago but i guess all things happen for a reason so TODAY is day 1 i will keep posting and in 60 days hopefully i will be ready to move on or my love will come back either way im going to stay strong and complete the challenge thanks guys.
you sound like the biggest LOSER out there.

althor

Don Juan
Reaction score
@DonnyJuanny well it's normal, but you're still cheating haha. Mostly I think how you feel it's what matters. But one should be able to trust in oneself too, I think.

Now the question: why did you feel the need to do it?

DonnyJuanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
@althor

I really can't say. I feel pretty good throughout the days. I still think of her but it's much much easier to get through the day. However, I start to think about her more and more the drunker that I get. I know that is when you're true self comes out so I know that I'm not over her. The important thing is that I'm getting over her in my conscious mind and thoughts. I can deal with, for now, letting go when I'm really drunk. Eliminating her from the subconscious thoughts that come out when I'm hammered will come with time as I control my conscious thoughts. I'll stick with this for now. Going to play tennis with another girl today so that will keep my mind off her for at least that time and if all goes well then maybe it'll keep her off for longer :)

I've also got a small 2 mile run afterwards that I'm looking forward to. Running has become very theraputic to me as of late and I've come to enjoy it a whole lot.

joker79

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
30 Days on NC today, quite rocky milestone. I feel good, If I look back NC was the right thing to do as cutting off her empowered myself (thanks to you guys, in particular Nismo-4, Skallioppe and Atom Smasher). Two different thoughts in my mind now: first, while improving myself I'm wondering if she regrets her "confusion" and behaviour (the enormous b*******t she threw to me) . This is bad as it shows still some emotional connection but I'm trying to avoid any revenge thought getting busy; second, after my analysis during these 30 days, my mind is a lot clearer and definitely I can say she wasn't worth it if we compare what i did for her and what I got out of it. Let's see in other 30 days.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Greetings.

I am actually a female that found the advice in here to be helpful through a google search. (sorry for invading, guys)

Here's my story: (I apologize for the length)
Dated this guy for 3 years. He had a really bad history when it came to relationships...dated cheats, sleeparounds, and one girl even used him to cheat on her real boyfriend and he didn't know until he showed up at his door to attack him. So basically? Loads of trust issues.

I'm a real committal type of girl. I don't go out and do things to make my guy worry about me (like get drunk in bars and flirt with random guys) and I do everything in my power to make the guy I'm with feel like a man. And I was pretty much his "dream girl" (or so he told me, and others). I was his "type" and he felt like I was the one that he had been waiting for, for all these years. He told me that he was in love with me, and wanted to marry me.

First two years of the relationship were great. Had rough spots but always worked through it. Thing is, he holds NASTY grudges. For years. I think he STILL wants to get back at that other girl that used him to cheat on her real boyfriend and it was 4-5 years ago.

We graduated college together, and he had to give up a job and his apartment to go take care of his mom after major surgery. And I understood completely that he needed to be there for her. I had done the same thing for my dad twice after he had back surgery. So we were long distance for a period of 8 months. The first 3-4 months, he was not able to visit me, and I was not able to visit him. Skype isn't really enough for either party because in a LDR, without enough shared experiences the conversations really do boil down to "I miss you, I want to see you again"

Petty fights happened. "Why didn't you call? Why couldn't you stay on the phone? What do you mean, you can't visit when you said you would?" Stuff like that. Neither of us felt fully supported or appreciated, such is the nature of long distance. I started to go through something pretty serious: I was being harassed and stalked and had to get a restraining order against a very rich and powerful woman that had a grudge against me (also she was psychotic). I was really scared all the time and I needed support, and so I begged him to find a way to come back now that his mom was better.

He started the job hunt. The best job he could find was part time temporary work, and he didn't really like the job. He made a lot of foolish mistakes and they didn't keep him. It was a blow to his ego, I'm sure. Especially when I found out that he used to not clock in when he showed up to work...he figured they would just edit his punches later.

Eventually he managed to find a potential job opportunity in my town. It was agreed that he would stay with me for ONE MONTH and see how the job pans out. I have two emails from him saying "I can't wait to live with you, even if it's just for a month."

He shows up in April. He pays half my rent, and things are going much better now that we are in town together. Communication is improved. I was towards the end of dealing with my stalker. The project/job opportunity ends up taking two months so he is still at my apartment in May. Then...nothing for June. They never signed the contract. He isn't working and he's pretty much just killing time, waiting for the contract to be signed. I don't say anything, just keep encouraging him whenever he tells me he is worried.

July, I mention to him we need to eat the rest of the food in the fridge before we buy more because I have to move at the beginning of August, and asked if he had found his own place yet. He explodes that I've "screwed him over" and that he didn't know he wasn't going to be with me in the new apartment. I explained that because my best friend and I didn't know how long he would be in town for, we ended up finding a third roommate to sign our lease and you don't want to sign a lease. He storms out and I don't hear from him for the rest of the night.

The next day I get home from work and all his stuff is moved out. He shows up late that night telling me that he's decided he's not going to stay with me for the rest of July because he no longer feels welcomed, and that he's going to stay with a friend instead. I tried telling him that maybe since the contract hasn't been signed yet, he should start looking into schools again (to get health insurance, he's turning 26 this year) and possibly to get a job to support himself. I wasn't asking him to do anything I wasn't already doing myself. He took it as me looking down on him and he kept saying that I screwed him over and that I must want out of the relationship because I think he's a loser and that I'm trying to distance myself.

Ultimately, that month was spent with me having to put whatever emotions I was feeling on hold to act "peppy" and "happy to see him" and dress a certain way and whatever to get him to spend time with me. He would keep saying he didn't feel welcomed anymore and then leave. I would practically roll out the red carpet for him, make all his favorite meals, plan a fun evening, etc.

Eventually he got part time work and he kept complaining about how much he hated it. I was as sympathetic as possible, and I would make nice dinners for him whenever I could and I would try to make him feel better but it didn't work. He then decided to move 80 miles away to some friends in another town, and only come down on the weekends for his part time job, and then drive back. I would only see him on the weekends and he was bleeding a lot of money for gas.

On August 17th, I called him and I was starting a 5 hour drive back to town after visiting my parents. I let him know about how I'm going to focus 100% on school since my job was cutting my position and he was like "oh so it's ok for you not to work, but for me it's not ok? How is your situation any different than mine?". I was really offended and I said "well let's compare resumes, I've been supporting myself for years and you are still trying to figure stuff out". His response? You know what, I'm done with this relationship. We're breaking up.

Yes. After three years of dating, he dumped me over the phone. I tried calling back, and it was pointless. I somehow managed to get myself safely home and I was absolutely heartbroken and distraught. He also made it very public on Facebook that we had broken up and was already flirting with other girls. That day was a mutual friend's birthday, and he couldn't even look me in the eye. Despite how I was feeling, I bit my tongue and I didn't dramatically post on facebook telling everyone what happened and I didn't try to hurt him even though I desperately wanted to. I am definitely NOT that crazy ex girlfriend that acts like a psycho.

A week later, I ran into him at swing dancing and he was very adamant that we aren't a "thing" anymore. He did say he still loves me, but we aren't healthy for each other and that he's been miserable for a year. He's essentially re-written history in his mind and is holding a grudge for not feeling consistently appreciated and understood.

On day 15 of no contact (I decided after running into him that I needed to just let it go) he sent me a very long message trying to 1. Explain why we broke up, 2. Who he blames (doesn't want to blame anybody), 3. Desire to be friends after he gets loads of space, and 4. To brag that the contract got signed, and now he's got his dream jobs all lined up. He then closed with "Lastly, I’d like to know this message reached you. Yet, at risk of sounding cold, I’d rather not get into a conversation. Like I said, I still ache and I need space."

Today is Day 18 of no contact. I did not respond to his letter because I don't accept apologies over Facebook (especially if you broke up with me over the phone, dear God just come over and say it in person if you really mean it) and I just don't want to say the wrong thing.

Ultimately, the reason he and I broke up was due to scheduling issues and lack of communication. He ONLY wanted to talk when I was half asleep. Both of those things, scheduling and lack of communication, can be FIXED with EFFORT. I am 100% willing to put in the effort. I'm willing to admit that I might have been wrong and actually try to fix the behavior. However, he is unwilling to let go of past grudges and is even trying to pretend that HE got dumped for sympathy. (His/Our friends are getting pissed at him for that one).

*heavy sigh*
My parents have been married for 28 years, been together for 30. I have SEEN what it takes to make a relationship work. It's not easy. The grass might be greener on the other side, but you still have to water it. His parents are divorced, so maybe that's part of why he thinks that once things aren't perfect, you need to break up?

I still want to work on things. I am very willing to forgive, to not bring up the past, to not hold a grudge.

I am probably going to run into him again, at some point. How should I act?

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
I still want to work on things. I am very willing to forgive, to not bring up the past, to not hold a grudge.

I am probably going to run into him again, at some point. How should I act?
Here is my short but definitive answer. There will always be problems and stresses in life, whether it be the new lease, looking for a job, watching the kids, planning for a vacation, etc...... My point being that you already see how he reacts to adversity (not well, in my opinion). Though the problems will change over the years, the way he is wired to react to those problems probably will not.

If you stick with him, you'll have to accept his personality and the difficulties that come with it. Not clocking in at work? Always playing the victim? Wha?

It's going to be a long, uphill road if you choose to continue this relationship. I do speak from experience, unfortunately....

The Gambler

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gambler, thanks for your response. I think I'm gradually gaining perspective on this matter. I would have ended up supporting him in the long run (especially financially, I'm studying to be an optometrist), and that's not the life I want. I want someone that would be my equal, and someone that is equally willing to make things work.

DonnyJuanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure of the day exactly. Went and played tennis with a very good looking girl. Even if things don't work out with this one it is nice to have some female companionship. I didn't think about the ex one time while playing. However, I did have a text from her after I got done playing yelling at me about talking to people about her. The only people I've talked to is my family. I suspect she is just trying to get a response out of me by making me mad. I just deleted the text and went on my way

It is truly amazing how little you care about the old one when you start talking with a new one. Write that down fellas. It works.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonnyJuanny said:
yelling at me about talking to people about her. The only people I've talked to is my family. I suspect she is just trying to get a response out of me by making me mad. I just deleted the text and went on my way

Good response.
You have every right to reach out and seek emotional support from your family. It's not like she's staying quiet about you to HER friends and family. Ignore her and go about your way.

NewMee_206

Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
you sound like the biggest LOSER out there.
well u replied so that should make u juss as big as one .. and if u have any more of these dumbass post to reply u can go EAT A DIK U FAGG!!!

DonnyJuanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
Good response.
You have every right to reach out and seek emotional support from your family. It's not like she's staying quiet about you to HER friends and family. Ignore her and go about your way.
I'll admit she almost got me. When I saw that I was VERY tempted to reply and just absolutely lay into her. However, I took a second and called my brother and he told me that me blowing up at her is likely exactly what she wanted. She was just doing this to see if she could still play with my emotions whenever she pleased. So I cooled down and after only a few minutes I had completely forgotten about the situation. It's really empowering to know that someone that you let have so much power over you is finally starting to lose it. I can only imagine how she feels about it.:rockon: