The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbx said:
Day 10

Still so fvcking hard for some reason.

More importantly, though... Despite it all, still NC. Got another date Friday, too.
Day 10 is a pretty solid milestone there, DBX. Imagine how you'll feel on day 60, 70, and beyond. If I were you, I'd consider deleting her from your FB. If you don't want to do that, block her posts from your feed. You gotta make sure that you don't let her control your life. You'll be good though as long as you stick to NC, trust me.

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
^thanks, buddy!

Day 11

Left work early, music pumping and got a date in a few hours! Feeling good and looking forward to things! Fingers crossed tonight will go well and it'll be another step in the right direction!

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 40. Feeling tons better, unsubscribed on fb to her and mutual who likes to rub my nose in it. Got invited to lunch, with others. Oneitis is likely to be there.

too soon? Could use input..don't want to appear weak or have a setback.

Nikki Sixx

Reaction score
7 years - she didn't know what she wanted anymore, hates her job, mother been very ill, she became a mess & appears to have depression, but just went cold on me. I have had a period of depression over losing a friend on a rail crossing & a few other things didn't help so haven't been the guy she first signed up for.

Day seven tomorrow - fvck I quit Pethidine 100 times easier than this! She sent me five texts so far this week.....so tempted to reply but I will have to eat my penis if I do & start all over......it's like this battle inside my head & drives me insane!

Misery loves company - lost my cat Sunday, he was as cool as fvck & great companion, that was a punch in the teeth!

Was doing really well in the first few days, resolute & confident. Lost another 7lbs, had to go buy more clothes to fit today, got a biitchin' rock god haircut now I'm a slender racing snake physique with a 30' waist.

The power of the clunge is strong, it's like she's astrally projecting herself to my home.....

May the force be with me (and every other poor b'stard here doing the program!)

W@nk on!

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Albatross953 said:
Day 40. Feeling tons better, unsubscribed on fb to her and mutual who likes to rub my nose in it. Got invited to lunch, with others. Oneitis is likely to be there.

too soon? Could use input..don't want to appear weak or have a setback.
It'll probably set you back mentally, at least it did myself. I went 3 weeks, then seen her at a wedding. Did really well, handled it proper and she was nice with me, bit flirty with me, other girls flirting with me, etc. Everything perfect, but still set me back. Questioning everything over again. Not fun. Now 2 weeks later, feel pretty good, but still.

My advice, avoid it if you can. Even if it goes fine and dandy, it stirs things up. If you have to go, act normal and all, but prep for after doubt.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so i'm on day 56 of NC and i've hit rock bottom. I still don't have a problem staying away, and i still believe that the breakup was the right thing, but my scarcity mentality has taken over completely.

It's almost 3 months since our breakup, but we had to live together for a month after before she found a new place to stay. I have been trying to get plates spinning to kill my desperation, but i just can't seem to start spinning a single plate. I get rejected ALL THE TIME! It's gotten to the point where i expect getting rejected when i go into sets. It's like i've lost all game. I know the principles and still i can't seem to apply it properly. Even though i keep approaching and is out in the field all the time.

Last night i went out for the 2nd day in a row. I approached 6 sets and got rejected in every single one. One blamed it on the age difference (she was 21), one told me that i should rather go for another girl i was just talking to, one had a boyfriend, and the others just said no. I couldn't get a single phone number. These girls wasn't even hotter than maybe a 6. I just fvcking got out of a 4 year relationship with a solid 9 and i can't even get the digits to 6's and 7's. wtf??

I can identify some of my problems. Alcohol has always been one. I rely too much on the liquid courage and it kills my game. I become an AFC and my insecurities and need for female validation shines through. I also make a fool out of myself and end up hating myself the next morning. I've told myself so many times to stop this ****. Stop getting so drunk and act like a complete, desperate retard. I think it's a very bad timing for me to go out and try to get plates when i've had my confidence shattered in this breakup.

My EX has not initiated contact and i doubt that she will. This is so weird going through all this again. It's the 2nd time i've been dumped after 4 years. This time though i'm almost 30, receeding hairline, no kids and no plates.

Fvck sundays. I hate whining over my life like a little bytch. Oh, just to top it of i have to go to work again tomorrow. That should be fun considering that i made a complete fool of myself on a work related party on friday. Yeah, was the drunken monkey who even hit on a fat, married chick. And after that everything is just black. Kill me now.

Well played \o/

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
^^^^^ this right here. When I go to the club I may have a beer every now and then but seriously since I have been on this lifting rampage to get my body into great shape (its getting pretty cut i must say : D ) I stopped drinking and I dont even need drinks to talk to girls or ask them to dance. I landed some good looking girls with out alcohol.

Drinking to me isnt even fun anymore because I know ill wake up bloated as fvck with no type of ab definition and feel like sh1t anyway ... so why bother? Learn to have fun without it, ive been told im the same drunk and sober anyway haha

Handsfull

Don Juan
Reaction score
\O/ said:
Ok, so i'm on day 56 of NC and i've hit rock bottom. I still don't have a problem staying away, and i still believe that the breakup was the right thing, but my scarcity mentality has taken over completely.

It's almost 3 months since our breakup, but we had to live together for a month after before she found a new place to stay. I have been trying to get plates spinning to kill my desperation, but i just can't seem to start spinning a single plate. I get rejected ALL THE TIME! It's gotten to the point where i expect getting rejected when i go into sets. It's like i've lost all game. I know the principles and still i can't seem to apply it properly. Even though i keep approaching and is out in the field all the time.

Last night i went out for the 2nd day in a row. I approached 6 sets and got rejected in every single one. One blamed it on the age difference (she was 21), one told me that i should rather go for another girl i was just talking to, one had a boyfriend, and the others just said no. I couldn't get a single phone number. These girls wasn't even hotter than maybe a 6. I just fvcking got out of a 4 year relationship with a solid 9 and i can't even get the digits to 6's and 7's. wtf??

I can identify some of my problems. Alcohol has always been one. I rely too much on the liquid courage and it kills my game. I become an AFC and my insecurities and need for female validation shines through. I also make a fool out of myself and end up hating myself the next morning. I've told myself so many times to stop this ****. Stop getting so drunk and act like a complete, desperate retard. I think it's a very bad timing for me to go out and try to get plates when i've had my confidence shattered in this breakup.

My EX has not initiated contact and i doubt that she will. This is so weird going through all this again. It's the 2nd time i've been dumped after 4 years. This time though i'm almost 30, receeding hairline, no kids and no plates.

Fvck sundays. I hate whining over my life like a little bytch. Oh, just to top it of i have to go to work again tomorrow. That should be fun considering that i made a complete fool of myself on a work related party on friday. Yeah, was the drunken monkey who even hit on a fat, married chick. And after that everything is just black. Kill me now.

Well played \o/
Oh, man. I've been there. I thought I was reading something I could have posted. That's really bad, bro. Been there, done that. Got the fvcking t shirt. It svcks. Just remember who YOU are. Change or correct the fvcked up parts about yourself, accentuate the positives.

It is svch a mind fvck when you're used to being with a beautiful woman, and then average or below chicks wont give you the time of day. It just destroys your confidence and self esteem even more. And it jsut gets worse if you keep trying. Bow out for a while. Get better. Do something badass. Run a marathon. Climb a fvcking mountain. You'll come back to the game and start slaying some awesome pvssy.

drellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approx 6 months NC (one break). It's generally ok but have an occasional return to the pain of the first few weeks.

Lot's and lots of dating. Spinning 5 plates but NC still hurts.

joker79

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do this when I feel frustrated and the pain is unbearable and I don't want to do b*******: I think about my oneitis as an money investment. Is it generating any dividend? Is it just stressing you out? You're working for something that is not generating anything for you so, if you were a business man, you would dismiss it and sell all your shares and spend the money for a better deal.

Reptile

Don Juan
Reaction score
About 3 months of NC...

Today I lost motivation to my biggest hobby: Training.

I had all my motivation to transform my body when I was with my ex,
we trained together and helped eachother to get our dreambody.

I almost cried the way home from the gym. And no, these "stop being a p*ssy!" quotes wont work.
I need some real sh!t to get me back on the track!

Should I stop training? If not, how could I motivate myself?
I don't trust myself that I can make a good schedule, I know how to train but not what and how much to eat.
"What to eat when you train" is a big jungle to me.

I don't know if it's my ex I want back, but I want my next gf to motivate me at the gym and also working out.
Those I've met before, except my latest ex, are not like that, and I have no idea how I'm gonna meet someone who is...

What should I do to myself? I have no motivation to anything anymore, and when I have, it rarely last long.
I don't wanna become better. I don't wanna change. I only see everything in short-term..
Living with my parents with no job, no money, no gf, is not how I want it but nothing motivates me to searching a job, approaching women, nothing.
I sure need someone who is doing this to me, motivates me to a better life, but noone does.

Sometimes I wanna end it all, I don't feel strong enough and thats when I write here, to not show it on the outside.
I think my ex took my motivation to life when she left.

Help me guys, I could really need some motivation that everything is going to be better.

(You need to know, I only write here when I feel worst, this is not how I usually feel. But I really need your help.)

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Reptile said:
About 3 months of NC...

Today I lost motivation to my biggest hobby: Training.

I had all my motivation to transform my body when I was with my ex,
we trained together and helped eachother to get our dreambody.

I almost cried the way home from the gym. And no, these "stop being a p*ssy!" quotes wont work.
I need some real sh!t to get me back on the track!

Should I stop training? If not, how could I motivate myself?
I don't trust myself that I can make a good schedule, I know how to train but not what and how much to eat.
"What to eat when you train" is a big jungle to me.

I don't know if it's my ex I want back, but I want my next gf to motivate me at the gym and also working out.
Those I've met before, except my latest ex, are not like that, and I have no idea how I'm gonna meet someone who is...

What should I do to myself? I have no motivation to anything anymore, and when I have, it rarely last long.
I don't wanna become better. I don't wanna change. I only see everything in short-term..
Living with my parents with no job, no money, no gf, is not how I want it but nothing motivates me to searching a job, approaching women, nothing.
I sure need someone who is doing this to me, motivates me to a better life, but noone does.

Sometimes I wanna end it all, I don't feel strong enough and thats when I write here, to not show it on the outside.
I think my ex took my motivation to life when she left.

Help me guys, I could really need some motivation that everything is going to be better.

(You need to know, I only write here when I feel worst, this is not how I usually feel. But I really need your help.)

You have to be SELF-MOTIVATED. You dont need a girl, job, or money to stay motivated in yourself. Come on man! Hit the classifieds and get a job to make some money! Youll feel so much better once you get over that hump and start actually looking for a job. Then once you do that your motivation for LIFE will come back again.

Start thinking in a positive way, even though things look bleak right now. Dont just transform your body but transform your mind too , positive thinking. I read your post and felt 1/2 your pain . If anything, for the training portion, get pissed off before going in the gym and after youll feel amazing. Take a pre-workout 45 mins before, they hep with motivation and get you pumped up.

Best of luck man!

jojamillas

Reaction score
does texting "happy birthday" after 30 days of BOTH (lol no, I was texted today "hi. what's up?") NC from break-up makes me a looser?

john1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 1 well this girl has dumped me Once before 2months ago and we got back together and it was great.

We had an argument recently and she says she does not want to continue the relationship.

I know she loves me and she admitts it but still feels all Big headed and she has ended the relationship. The thing I don't get is how she can be so clingy and loving, telling me how perfect I am for her and then hours later we have an argument and then she doesnt reason and just decides to end the relationship?

Today I felt sad, and went out to do things, it was when I got back indoors it really hit home and I feel gutted because I love this woman.

NC Day1 I almost cried . I promised myself that I need to get over her! or else it could do me alot of pain, she has taken a part of me away I feel sad and physically weak.
I feel very weak, because if she calls me and says she wants me back,I would jump to her call.

My problem is she confirmed the dump on the phone after the argument so me not actually contacting her is this NC or what?

The argument was because she claims I only want her for money!? and it's just not true/ total BS

I hope this gets better

Last edited:

Time_2_Change

Reaction score
Just found this site, and it looks awesome with all the feedback and support everyone is willing to give. I think I'm ready to take on the NC Challenge. Today is day 1:

Technically I have been broken up for close to a month. We definitely had our differences. Even though we only dated for 6 months, it felt like we dated for 6 years. When we first started dating, we had a long distance relationship. She lived in OC and I lived in SD, we would make the commute on the weekend to see each other. In between, we would also try to see each other during the week. After a month or so, she asked me if I was going to move any closer. I had been looking, but not very seriously for a new job. At that time, the job market still sucked and I didn't really want to settle.
At this time, I had been losing weight before I met her. When we started dating I had already dropped 40 pounds and was feeling pretty good. She would always tell me that I was too thin and should eat some more. And like, all relationships we just started eating and started neglecting to go to the gym. During this time, her mom decided to sell her condo and ended up moving in with my ex. Her mom instituted a rule stating that I would not be able to stay overnight since we were not married. I accepted this, so she started coming down to SD a lot more.
During the July 4th weekend, her friends decided to throw a party and we were invited to go swimming. The weight that I had lost previously had come all back. I didn't really notice it until we were all in the water and all her friends' bf were thin and muscular. That evening we had a talk about my weight. She told me that she was losing interest in me over my weight. I was so shocked since I never had anyone say this to me before. I really wanted to leave that night, but she asked for me to stay. Sure enough, I stayed till 6 am not sleeping a wink while she was passed out on the bed. So to show that I was caring, I told her that I would lose 10 pounds by the end of July. What I didn't tell her was my correct weight. I had ballooned back to 216 (I told her I was at 205). I started dedicating myself to the gym twice a day and I found a new job to be close to her. By the end of July, I was at 203 and started my new job.
Aug 1st, I had half a day at work and decided to surprise her by coming down to see her. She wasn't very thrilled and her demeanor had changed. We made it through dinner nicely, but it was after dinner that we just started fighting. Our arguments ranged from her believing that she changed from a positive person to a negative person (always nagging about my job and weight) and I was unhappy about how she had a lack of respect for my time. That evening after I came home, she called me to tell me that she wanted to break up. It was pretty late in the evening, and I was tired from waking up at 4am to go to work. I agreed and it was settled.
The next day, I was able to think about it and realized I made a mistake. I did call and email her to meet with her, but she was getting ready to go on a bachelorette party in Vegas. Not wanting to weigh her down for her trip, I did not make contact with her until she came back. When she was in Vegas, I noticed that she started adding alot of guys onto her FB page. This wasn't her normal behavior, but I did not say anything and let it be since technically we were broken up. When she came back, she said that she had a great time in Vegas and wasn't looking to hook up but "talk" to another bachelor party that was there and ended up making friends with them. She was "intrigued" by a particular guy, but said nothing would happen since he lived in Minnesota and she did not like long distance relationships. During this time, I tried to meet up with her, but only to have gotten the runaround. She gave the excuse since she, since she is a teacher, that she was busy doing teacher orientations and said that we could meet anytime after school started. So I kept my distance to give her space, and the when the day the school started, I txted her Morning and good luck and she txted me thanks and have a nice day. After work, I was about to make a call to her, but my FB status came up with a msg from a friend (nonrelated). After I looked at the msg, I looked at my ex's page and found a picture of her and the guy from Minnesota (this was already Aug 22). I didn't know what to say or do (besides driving down to her place and beating the crap out of the guy). The only thing I did was wait, the next day I saw a Instagram picture of him (shirtless) and on her bed with her dog (the only reason I saw this was because she liked the picture). That pretty much blew my mind.
I txted her good luck with the guy (sarcastically), and she txted back some bs poetry about how "two hearts were destined to meet" and whatever. What got to me was that he had been there for at least a week (with the mom there) and she is accepting that he lives in Minnesota for a long distance relationship. I've been in quite a depressed state since then.
The reason I know she is in it for the long haul, was that she also posted picture of them together on her FB page. She is usually a private person and didn't like ppl asking her about her love life (I maybe wrong about that), but to me it felt like a slap in the face. Out of respect to her when we dated, I never asked her to post a pic of us.
During the last couple of days, I had slowly started taking her out of my FB page. What I noticed was that whatever I did the previous night she did it to me the next day. So as of yesterday, I had taken her out of my FB list, and put her on the ignore list. It was a little liberating, but at the same time it hurt like hell. I have been on a couple of dates recently, but it just feels like it's a rebound thing and I'm not showing any interest.

Btw, I'm staying with going to the gym and trying to keep my weight down, just doing a lifestyle change. I try to think about all the bad stuff she did to me, but can't overlook the good stuff she has done for me.

So here is to the challenge, I hoping to make it through without any major problems. Ps - sorry this is long, I just had to get it off my chest.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Time_2_Change said:
Just found this site, and it looks awesome with all the feedback and support everyone is willing to give. I think I'm ready to take on the NC Challenge. Today is day 1:
Wow, this is heavy.. thanks for sharing.

Technically, the "No Contact" rule doesn't apply here in the strict sense... She has already moved on and has a new love interest, so she probably won't care that you aren't contacting her. But the essence of the rule still applies: You need to do this for YOURSELF... not for her, and not for anyone else.

Unless the relationship was 100% bad, well of course there will be things you miss about the two of you. Don't get overly sentimental with those good memories. That's all in the past and it's time to find a better fit.

Most women are 90% emotion. As we know, once their emotional focus shifts from you to someone else, it's over Johnny. Even if she wants to come back down the road, it's because her first choice didn't work out... And who knows how long it'll be until ANOTHER "better" choice comes along again? You can't live that way, sir.

Get pissed off. Get right with yourself. Get back on track with your life... Whatever that means to you personally. Just don't try to get BACK WITH HER.

The Gambler

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 16

Found out last night that everything she told me when we broke up was a lie. So tempted to contact her and ask her what the fvck is going on and ask why the truth is like such a foreign language to her! So annoyed and feel like a lot has reset.

This girl has completely fvcked me up.

Doing no contact. Working out daily. Trying to find new girls, but because it's due to her it all kind of feels like it's for her. It all seems to come back to her.

Got another date tonight. Hope it goes well. Really need someone to take my mind off her.

How can you feel so much for someone, but hate them at the same time?

When it was good, it was amazing, but I do, at times, wish I never met her.

Need to learn how to control my feelings better. Never want a girl to have such an effect on me again.

Reptile

Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
You have to be SELF-MOTIVATED. You dont need a girl, job, or money to stay motivated in yourself. Come on man! Hit the classifieds and get a job to make some money! Youll feel so much better once you get over that hump and start actually looking for a job. Then once you do that your motivation for LIFE will come back again.

Start thinking in a positive way, even though things look bleak right now. Dont just transform your body but transform your mind too , positive thinking. I read your post and felt 1/2 your pain . If anything, for the training portion, get pissed off before going in the gym and after youll feel amazing. Take a pre-workout 45 mins before, they hep with motivation and get you pumped up.

Best of luck man!
I also believe that maybe when I get a job I will get motivation again, but there are not many of them around here.

I just don't wanna live alone, I want to live with a girl that is like my ex, in fact, I think I want her and the plans with her back again.
Nothing drives me, before it was "I will get a job so I can move in to my GF and then we share everything".
But now? I got nothing that makes me wanna move out, because I know some friends who live alone and it seems like they feel lonely.

It feels like I got the wrong interest in life,
because I only like to do what I can't make money of.

She got an apartment, fulltime job and is now dating a guy from her work that also have that + an expensive car.
On paper, he is better for her. That's why I feel I'm not good enough, for any girl. And that I won't get her back.

Should this be my motivation, to actually go for everything to get her back?
We connected so well because we were best friends too, but I can't settle for only being friends.

Before, I didn't miss her, but now when I got no job or anything, I do, like hell.
All I got is a fairly good look and always showing me happy and everyone is laughing around with me.
Othervise, no girl wants to share my future because I'm spoiled and can't get motivation to move out to the "real world".
I'm 21 and I havn't moved out yet, it feels like everyone around my age is studying or have a job and moving on, except me. :(

john1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 2 NC

I spoke to a female friend and she made me feel more comfortable with myself, she told me that there are so many other girls and boys out there.

I feel that there may be light at the end of the tunnel. She is not the one for me! she ends it when I need her the most.

I dont know wheter to stay friends with her as she is in my work place, then what type of friendship would we have??

I know I will meet another girl eventually, but I will need to get over this girl first!

It will be hard, but I can tell all of you here that life goes on and life is a ***** when it wants to be

how do I collect my stuff whilst in no contact?

drellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
john1234 said:
DAY 2 NC

I spoke to a female friend and she made me feel more comfortable with myself, she told me that there are so many other girls and boys out there.

I feel that there may be light at the end of the tunnel. She is not the one for me! she ends it when I need her the most.

I dont know wheter to stay friends with her as she is in my work place, then what type of friendship would we have??

I know I will meet another girl eventually, but I will need to get over this girl first!

It will be hard, but I can tell all of you here that life goes on and life is a ***** when it wants to be

how do I collect my stuff whilst in no contact?
Get your gear....wish her all the best!

Walk off the map!