The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dbx said:
wish i didn't break NC now. i said thanks and she asked how it went, but she has ignored my other messages. now i'm just frustrated she's ignoring me. feels like it's opened everything back up. it's not as bad as it was and i've made sure my messages come across fairly care free, but would rather have not said anything now.

hope others can learn from my mistake. what a b!tch. email must have been a lie. she must have simply wanted to get the power back - now i'm the one that sent the last message and it's not closed for me. she really didn't need this - she wanted to end it more than me!

what a cvnt.
Don't feel too bad. I know it feels like you've given all the power to her, embarrassed yourself, even destroyed any chances of getting her back. I know because I've done it. The thing is, I like to think of this as a note to her, in her mind, as an opportunity for her to make things work. Get back as friends or be friendly or whatever. This will be a positive 'power' thing for her right now. Negative for you, for only right now. Take it at least three weeks from now. She will consider that there's been no contact. No attempts to. And she will remember this talk. She will think 'Hm, maybe I shouldn't have been a b***h.' 'Maybe I should have been friendly' 'Why isn't he even trying? Am I not good enough?' And the answer you must respond, through your actions and in yourself (not verbally at all to her), is NO. That's when the power, as it were, shifts back to you. Because you have proven you're strong enough to live without her, without her influence in your life. The most important thing is that you can't really fake it, because your emotions will leak through your body's actions. I would seriously let go, tell yourself to let go, feel that you have let go. And y'know, if you decide that maybe it can and will work out in the future, you can allow yourself to feel those feelings again. That way, you have entire control ('power') over yourself, denying her those priviledges (knowing or unknowingly).

This really is the best way.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mister k said:
What if you live in the same house as them? I.e a house share.
Just be indifferent?
Yup, indifference is the best way. Not rude, not hateful. Just accept that they're there, and treat them no different than you would a stranger. Remember the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbx said:
wish i didn't break NC now. i said thanks and she asked how it went, but she has ignored my other messages. now i'm just frustrated she's ignoring me. feels like it's opened everything back up. it's not as bad as it was and i've made sure my messages come across fairly care free, but would rather have not said anything now.

hope others can learn from my mistake. what a b!tch. email must have been a lie. she must have simply wanted to get the power back - now i'm the one that sent the last message and it's not closed for me. she really didn't need this - she wanted to end it more than me!

what a cvnt.
That's what you get for not listening to the advice given here. NC means NC. You have fallen in the same trap as plenty before you. Rationalizing that your situation is somehow different and that it's ok to reply to that particular message. Just learn from it and stay away. Day 1 for you.

Mister K said:
What if you live in the same house as them? I.e a house share.
Just be indifferent?
Move.

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I genuinely did feel bad about not contacting after she sent me the message about the funeral, but it would appear it was simply for her to get the power back.

I know i can cut her out and will do. I'm just disappointed she's being such a cvnt. Don't think it's necessary.

If she doesn't reply, I don't think I ever will - no matter what she texts me, that's it done. I won't fall for the same mistake twice and once the feelings I have for her are gone, that's it, I'll never risk it again.

I would have loved to have her as a friend when I was over her, but I don't need people like this in my life. She's showed her true colours towards the end and she isn't what I thought she was. Very disappointing, but I guess it's better I find out now.

Thanks for your help and advice. Will try pay more attention, but like I said, genuinely just thought it was wrong not to say at least thanks, then things got the better of me.

12/08/2012 - Day 1.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm now on day 43 of No Contact. She broke up with me after 4 years. Lived together for 3,5 years and even bought an apartment together.

Staying NC was easy in the beginning, but actually it's getting worse. I don't want her back, because it would never work again, but i still have strong feelings for her and she was my best friend. She has not initiated contact, and I doubt that she will. She knew that with me, when it's over it's over. I made this clear early in our relationship. You are either with me or you aren't. She is equally stubborn as me and i also think she will respect no contact. Weird though. We have spoken to eachother pretty much every day for 4 years and then nothing.

I will stay no contact. I will never contact her again. In the beginning i felt relieved, because i know deep inside that it was the right decision, but it's still sad. I was positive because i thought that i would get plates spinning and play the game and eventually find someone more compatible for me. My game is not what it used to be though, and i've had trouble getting plates. I have no current plates after almost 2 months after breaking up. And the thing is that i have been in the field alot, although mostly drunken nightgame with a shattered inner confidence and a scarcity mentality/neediness. I've tried to hide it, but it shines through somehow i think. I've slept with 2 girls after her and that has helped a bit. Atleast i'm able to get laid now and then :) I have a little less than a month left to complete my 40 by 30 challenge:cheer:

I went out last night and got 2 numbers from 2 approaches. With very cute girls. One in law school and one hairdresser/student. I'm going to try to set up some dates for next week. I'll wait a few days and contact them. I need to get some plates going. My health can't take all this going out 3 times a week..hehe.

When I was out last night, I met an old co-worker. He said that my ex had hooked up or flirted with one of his friends. The guy is a major player and so she probably doesn't stand a chance. lol. I always knew she'd hook up with guys, but i don't want to hear about it or see it. She's a solid 9 on anyones scale, so i doubt she'll stay single for long. This is really irrelevant for me, because i don't know what's worse. Her hooking up with several guys or just get into a new relationship with one guy. It's not for me anymore, but it still makes me sad/angry/jealous/abandoned. After hearing this it really got me down. I went home and removed her as friend from facebook. I hadn't done that before because she is still responsible for our mortgage and she can fvck me over big time if we fall out and i can lose my apartment. I've already deleted her number and texts. I've broken no contact twice in the sense that i peeked at her profile twice after she moved out. Both times it made me feel worse. So stay away, men.

This **** is tough. I just hope i'll get some plates spinning soon. That will give me a brighter outlook on things. My life is pretty decent in other areas. I'm in good health, have a high paying job, great friends and family. I just have a deep hole after she left me, and even though i know another girl or any girl can't fill that, it will help while i continue working on my inner issues/game.

Stay NC. All you need is willpower. Be a man and be strong. Only *****es cry over women.

Reptile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question about going NC for a while, and no, i'm not gonna do it. Just ask:

We know that women are emotional, and if you want your ex back, is NC really right after a couple of months?
NC is the best after you got dumped, no doubt, do it! But after a while, and u still want her back, then what?
Because if you are out of her life, you can't show her the new you, and then she can't fall in love with you again. Am I right?
Is it ONLY weakness if you contact them and want to hang out (show the new you)?

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reptile said:
I have a question about going NC for a while, and no, i'm not gonna do it. Just ask:

We know that women are emotional, and if you want your ex back, is NC really right after a couple of months?
NC is the best after you got dumped, no doubt, do it! But after a while, and u still want her back, then what?
Because if you are out of her life, you can't show her the new you, and then she can't fall in love with you again. Am I right?
Is it ONLY weakness if you contact them and want to hang out (show the new you)?
She isnt worth the new you, who by the way doesnt exist yet because youre clearly still hung up on her.
Forget her, dont show her sh1t!
NO CONTACT means NO CONTACT!!!!

Reptile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
She isnt worth the new you, who by the way doesnt exist yet because youre clearly still hung up on her.
Her kind is pretty rare; she is non-smoker, training, not VERY popular by guys (good i think, she is still cute but shy) and I can't stop falling for her smile.

This is her bright sides, it's been hard for me to find someone who have the same interest (the gym) and not been smoking.
My past relationships have been girls who smokes and doesn't exercise. This is why I miss her.
She dumped me because I got depressed and hated my life,
right now, I only miss her but I have become much better. I eat healthier, feel happier, wanna party all weekends.
The only problem is that I want someone like her to be in my life now, and she is the closest one I know.

What the heck should I do??

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 30, a mutual friend told me she's losing it. I think the word she used is psycho. And no I didn't ask was simply told. Run hammy run!

Damn we could have been good together, I like crazy chicks..haha

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Albatross953 said:
Day 30, a mutual friend told me she's losing it. I think the word she used is psycho. And no I didn't ask was simply told. Run hammy run!

Damn we could have been good together, I like crazy chicks..haha
How did you guys end? How did you initiate NC?

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew she was losing interest and gave up on her. Completely torpedoed it on purpose so I can never go back. Told her I loved her..lol long beta note. If I can get more unattractive I don't see how. Did it intentionally so I can't orbit her anymore. And then I walked away.

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
dbx said:
How did you guys end? How did you initiate NC?
I know it's tough on you but you are being ridiculously weak here :crackup:.

"I sincerely hope she isn't feeling the same pain I am feeling"
"I don't want to cause her any pain"

Seriously dude, you are missing the point of the thread entirely. NC is to buy time for you to heal, move on with life without her and become a better person. Stop caring about how she feels and how she is doing post breakup. You should be only taking care of yourself, and chances are she isn't thinking about you a quarter of how you are thinking about her. Look you are still posting about her here everyday.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Purefilth said:

^^^^This right fvcking here. Your new and improved, you are the 2.0 version (out of beta) new fvcking you. Never give your new self to a girl who disrespected you in the past or if you / she broke it off. MOVING ON FEELS GREAT SO I SUGGEST YOU DO IT.

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 4

Struggling today for some reason. Not been bad the last few days, but miss her today.

Started doing the p90x on Tuesday. Can't wait to see the results.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dbx said:

what a cvnt.
A long time ago My ex gf wrote me an email asking about some stupid stuff. The breakup was fresh so I was still like you, trying to get her back. She just asked how I was and wanted to meet up too. I was like, HELL YEA I'm back in the game. I met up with her, had secks, and thought everything would be grand.

I texted her after that and she never replied. Women would rather end things on their terms than yours...and they will give up anything, even their bodies, to do so.

Do not contact your gf ever again dbx. EVER. AGAIN.

joker79

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can understand you dbx, I'm at day 7 and struggling, was tempted to send a silly txt but it's better to post here. I'm guilty of not having options at the moment, everything would be easier. I didn't f***** up the situation though getting needy and begging. but after 7 days not hearing anything I think the message is quite clear. stay strong.

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 7

worst day so far. last couple of days been really hard for some reason. just had a bunch of pictures of her appear in my fb news feed. completely screwed me. like i've just broken up with her. thought i was sorted, but so far from it.

got a date wednesday, but couldn't care less.

think perhaps i'm only now realising she's not coming back.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey unsubscribe to her and anyone mutual right now! I am on day
36 and it still sucks, she's hanging out with a couple other plates so this is costing me. I may be a social leper by the time I get over this girl lol

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 14

the actual relationship sizzled LONG time ago but its been 14 days since last speak to each other Via text

All kinda thoughts coming up:(

Gotta keep it moving though :woo:

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 10

Still so fvcking hard for some reason.

More importantly, though... Despite it all, still NC. Got another date Friday, too.