The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes i am a woman.

I care because I love him. Nothing I can do to change how I feel. I am working on accepting the fact that he needs space for himself, and as do I. For the most of our relationship he has been chasing me, and I never really believed he loved me or that I love him. But I got to a point where I believed he loved me for real and that I love him too. Turns out I'm a lot stronger than I thought. But him, not so much.

I didn't end up sending anything so still on the NC train. Woohoo!!

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 3 NC

only 6am but on track nonetheless. I bought a soup maker. It's the start of a wonderfully delicious relationship!

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gro0ver said:
Guys, a couple of things to bear in mind...

1) If a girl tries to get you to break NC to meet up, it might mean that she misses you and wants to get back with you.....or it might mean that she just wants an ego boost i.e. you to say "i miss you so much, you're so great" etc etc. Suss out her intentions first.
Very true. I'm a girl and would definitely agree with this. However, one problem. How are you suggesting to suss out the intentions?

Girls needing an ego boost from an ex either means 1) she's having problems with her current and is feeling unsecured, and thus wanting some male attention to bring on jealousy. 2) She's single and is lonely, probably looking to fool around. 3) She's single and misses you, and she still has feelings for you.

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
superman2012 said:
Girls needing an ego boost from an ex either means 1) she's having problems with her current and is feeling unsecured, and thus wanting some male attention to bring on jealousy. 2) She's single and is lonely, probably looking to fool around. 3) She's single and misses you, and she still has feelings for you.
You missed out....
4) It's early days with her new guy and she's not totally comfortable yet, so needs you as a crutch to help stabilize her as she finds her relationship feet.
5) She's not single but genuinely misses you as a friend.
6) She misses the attention you give her, which gives her an ego boost whilst she looks for a new guy / waits for current guy to be more doting or demonstrative of his affections
7) She wants a fallback plan in case it doesn't work with the new guy.
8) She has psychological issues (bipolar, BPD, MPD) and misses a counsel (you) because she doesn't want to put off the new guy by telling him yet

Thatfeel21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Skalioppe said:
You missed out....
4) It's early days with her new guy and she's not totally comfortable yet, so needs you as a crutch to help stabilize her as she finds her relationship feet.
5) She's not single but genuinely misses you as a friend.
6) She misses the attention you give her, which gives her an ego boost whilst she looks for a new guy / waits for current guy to be more doting or demonstrative of his affections
7) She wants a fallback plan in case it doesn't work with the new guy.
8) She has psychological issues (bipolar, BPD, MPD) and misses a counsel (you) because she doesn't want to put off the new guy by telling him yet
Funny you say this because i know my ex is dating someone else but literally JUST texted me saying that "she misses me and hates it". Not falling for it, going to ignore it.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
superman2012 said:
Yes i am a woman.

I care because I love him. Nothing I can do to change how I feel. I am working on accepting the fact that he needs space for himself, and as do I. For the most of our relationship he has been chasing me, and I never really believed he loved me or that I love him. But I got to a point where I believed he loved me for real and that I love him too. Turns out I'm a lot stronger than I thought. But him, not so much.

I didn't end up sending anything so still on the NC train. Woohoo!!
BS. If you are a real woman you would be called Wonderwoman not farming Superman

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
BS. If you are a real woman you would be called Wonderwoman not farming Superman
hahaha yeah....didn't think that name through........but i am a woman......for real.

Still going at DAY 3 NC. This sucks. big time. Plus I ran into the 2 faced slut today at the grocery store. She didn't see me. But I definitely saw her assface. I know she's not living in the area, which leads me to speculate that he has either moved in with her or is quasi living with her. Driving me crazy. I have no idea where he moved to. I told him to not let me know. So for all I know he could e around the corner from me. Feeling better about not messaging him happy birthday yesterday. But still nothing from him yet. This is the guy that used to talk about marriage and kids and houses while I was freaked. This is the guy that used to cry every time I say it's not working and would climb the fence to get to my window. He used to chase me so hard. Now nada. Life is a *****!

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 4 NC

It is now day 4 and still no words from him. Had a depressive crying moment this morning. I keep writing out messages of how much I miss him and then delete them. So at least I'm still not contacting him. I heard from a friend that his fb is littered with photos of him and her. Clearly their relationship is in full motion and he has no qualms of parading it around.

I just want to hear from him. Trying really hard to get him out of my mind but sometimes I just break down and cry. And I talk to myself as though I'm talking to him while I'm crying. It's crazy but it actually makes me feel better, to get it out of my system. It's been over a month now but it still feels so fresh. I guess I'm still in the denial stage. He didn't even care that I didn't contact him on his birthday.

I've been thinking and doing research on love and lust. I now start to question and doubt whether he really loved me or not at all. I think if you love someone truly, then you don't stop loving them. It hurts to realise that he might never actually loved me. Just so confused and over thinking everything too much.

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
It hurts a great deal to know he will never return. He has moved out and established his new life without me.

How are you on day 40?? that's amazing! I'm on day 4 and all I can think he is why hasn't he contacted me?! Did I mean nothing to him?! I clearly don't sit here thinking "oh yes he'll come around." He truly don't know if he will or won't. I used to know whether he will chase me or not. But now, not so much. Definitely in a lurk.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
It's been 3 months since I last saw her lovely face. One minute I was kissing her, the next I said the wrong thing and she stormed off, never to be seen again. It was the only time I ever saw her be angry but she never got over it.

"Her mom said you're lucky all she broke was your heart...
When Rita leaves, Rita's gone."

- Delbert McClinton

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not sure what its likes to be a woman but NC is tough for everyone.

I'm an Aries too and i get mad emotional/hot tempered/very nasty & sweet with words but surviving the whole ordeal where i went from a badass mofo, to a fragile twig, and now i feel like im on my way to a metamorphasizing into a wise beautiful butterfly haha.

It didn't help that she branch swung to another guy either but the past is the past.

It's been 4 years and i'm fully recovered and content. Moved out on my own, supporting myself, and most of all working on improving myself as a person. I believe in what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, and most of the time, wiser.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
superman2012 said:
I used to know whether he will chase me or not. But now, not so much. Definitely in a lurk.
For a lot of guys on this site, this quote pretty much sums up a woman's hamster. No offense superman, but it's very insightful to see this from a woman's point of view. Women love to have things "figured out." When there is no contact, whether she initiated the break up or you did, if she can't figure things out she will go mad. Women are used to being chased and knowing that a guy will act a certain way. When you take your predictability away, this is what happens.

Of course superman, I feel for you. Things get better. They really do. Most people here have had to go through NC at least once. I will give a warning that if he does come back, be very wary about entertaining the idea of getting back together.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
superman2012 said:
It hurts a great deal to know he will never return. He has moved out and established his new life without me.

How are you on day 40?? that's amazing! I'm on day 4 and all I can think he is why hasn't he contacted me?! Did I mean nothing to him?! I clearly don't sit here thinking "oh yes he'll come around." He truly don't know if he will or won't. I used to know whether he will chase me or not. But now, not so much. Definitely in a lurk.
I hate to break it to you but he's probably never going to call you again.
The preface of no contact is correct buy don't assume just by non contact he will come back. Some people confuse no contact with the HOPE he/she will be back. More often than not, he won't. Time to move on.

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
I hate to break it to you but he's probably never going to call you again.
The preface of no contact is correct buy don't assume just by non contact he will come back. Some people confuse no contact with the HOPE he/she will be back. More often than not, he won't. Time to move on.
DAY 5 NC

To be honest, I do think he will contact me again, maybe not come back but he will most definitely try to open up communication. I know this because he is still in contact with all of his exes that he was in a long term relationship with. I know he even tried to contact his first long term ex who dumped him for someone else. She never responded to any of his contacts. Whenever he sees her in town, I know it startles him. He's not one to be able to cut anyone loose. I'm just so pissed off that he thinks he has me on the back burner. The bastard said "If I think I've made a mistake then I'll be running straight back to you and for sure I can win you over again". On my bad days I do just want him to turn around so I can kick his ass to the curb. But I know that's just being vindictive and doesn't actually achieve anything. But day dreaming about the ways I can tell him to **** off helps :)

I do feel better today though. My new housemate moved in today and we talked and it made me feel better. Her break up story is even more depressing than mine.

I don't think I would want him back in my life just yet, not unless he grows up and makes changes to his lifestyle (e.g. not going out every weekend blowing al his cash on drinks and coming home drunk as a skunk and throws up everywhere) This is crux of our issues, at least from my view anyway. He just can't grow out of peer pressure from his friends. They weren't there for him when he crashed his car and needed support, his friends pretty much cut him out from social events and forgot about him. Since then he has made every effort to be included in the group again. What a kid.

I do just want him to turn around and give me a genuine apology though. This is not the person I knew and love. I'm sad that now when I think of him, all I can see is a lying selfish scumbag. At first when he told me he wanted to break up because he wants to be single and "find himself," I wasn't as upset and was prepared to give him space. I asked if there was another person and he fervently denied, even when I found out and asked him again to give him a chance to tell me the truth. Turns out he had no problems with finding himself.....in between a two faced slut's legs!

Each time I wanted to break up with him, it certainly wasn't because I wanted to hook up with other people, it was purely because I was fed up with his behaviour and attitude. So there's definitely no way in hell I'd be able to forgive him for leaving me because he wants to sleep around! And it's not because he stopped being attracted to me. He tried enough times to get into my pants for the last month we were living together, with all the classic lines "it's you, you're the one, I know it, it's always you", "for old times sake" "just one last passionate good bye". He even tried to turn into FWB "you know this doesn't have to be the last time" ASSSSSSSS. I'm 21 so it's excusable for me to be naive and fall for those lines. He's 27!! He's a teacher!! He's got no excuse for not having a moral compass!!

I still have to contact him to settle finances between us. I'm trying my best to not have to contact him directly. I've been getting my friends to drop his stuff off and picking up my things. So I'm thinking of getting them to email him the spreadsheet of how much money we owe each other for furnitures bought together etc.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
superman2012 said:
DAY 5 NC

To be honest, I do think he will contact me again, maybe not come back but he will most definitely try to open up communication. I know this because he is still in contact with all of his exes that he was in a long term relationship with. I know he even tried to contact his first long term ex who dumped him for someone else. She never responded to any of his contacts. Whenever he sees her in town, I know it startles him. He's not one to be able to cut anyone loose. I'm just so pissed off that he thinks he has me on the back burner. The bastard said "If I think I've made a mistake then I'll be running straight back to you and for sure I can win you over again". On my bad days I do just want him to turn around so I can kick his ass to the curb. But I know that's just being vindictive and doesn't actually achieve anything. But day dreaming about the ways I can tell him to **** off helps :)

Sounds a bit like me.. So let's turn the tables , since you are a woman . If you dumped someone and they never contacted you would you contact them . How long would you leave it, 1 week?
I do feel better today though. My new housemate moved in today and we talked and it made me feel better. Her break up story is even more depressing than mine.

I don't think I would want him back in my life just yet, not unless he grows up and makes changes to his lifestyle (e.g. not going out every weekend blowing al his cash on drinks and coming home drunk as a skunk and throws up everywhere) This is crux of our issues, at least from my view anyway. He just can't grow out of peer pressure from his friends. They weren't there for him when he crashed his car and needed support, his friends pretty much cut him out from social events and forgot about him. Since then he has made every effort to be included in the group again. What a kid.

I do just want him to turn around and give me a genuine apology though. This is not the person I knew and love. I'm sad that now when I think of him, all I can see is a lying selfish scumbag. At first when he told me he wanted to break up because he wants to be single and "find himself," I wasn't as upset and was prepared to give him space. I asked if there was another person and he fervently denied, even when I found out and asked him again to give him a chance to tell me the truth. Turns out he had no problems with finding himself.....in between a two faced slut's legs!

Each time I wanted to break up with him, it certainly wasn't because I wanted to hook up with other people, it was purely because I was fed up with his behaviour and attitude. So there's definitely no way in hell I'd be able to forgive him for leaving me because he wants to sleep around! And it's not because he stopped being attracted to me. He tried enough times to get into my pants for the last month we were living together, with all the classic lines "it's you, you're the one, I know it, it's always you", "for old times sake" "just one last passionate good bye". He even tried to turn into FWB "you know this doesn't have to be the last time" ASSSSSSSS. I'm 21 so it's excusable for me to be naive and fall for those lines. He's 27!! He's a teacher!! He's got no excuse for not having a moral compass!!

I still have to contact him to settle finances between us. I'm trying my best to not have to contact him directly. I've been getting my friends to drop his stuff off and picking up my things. So I'm thinking of getting them to email him the spreadsheet of how much money we owe each other for furnitures bought together etc.
If you dumped someone and never heard back, would you contact them?

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
For a lot of guys on this site, this quote pretty much sums up a woman's hamster. No offense superman, but it's very insightful to see this from a woman's point of view. Women love to have things "figured out." When there is no contact, whether she initiated the break up or you did, if she can't figure things out she will go mad. Women are used to being chased and knowing that a guy will act a certain way. When you take your predictability away, this is what happens.

Of course superman, I feel for you. Things get better. They really do. Most people here have had to go through NC at least once. I will give a warning that if he does come back, be very wary about entertaining the idea of getting back together.

SOOOO COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!! guys just don't talk about their feelings and makes it hard for us women to know where we stand. When I feel I have something "figured out" it's just going by past behaviour. This time I don't know because he has never broken up with me. The one time he tried when we first started dating, somehow the table turned during our argument and he ended up begging me back. Not too sure how that happened exactly. I think I just threw my arms up and went "fine you want to break up with me? lets break up." Maybe he's accustomed to me not ever actually leaving each time I want to break up. It's harder to break up and have the dramatic exit and instant space when you live together. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'll continue to contact him and get him back and talk to him like I did during the first month of the break up. I do feel better each day though. I'm starting to miss him less and think of him as a jerk more. Taking a reality look at what his behaviour and how unacceptable it is. I try to tell myself everyday that I deserve better and he's not worth my time.

I think all the guys on here should know that even if your girl left you, she is still thinking of you. I know when I had a fight with my ex, and I left the house for 3 days, he messaged me and I stayed out of contact. Kept busy, but was still very much thinking about him every moment. Girls get attached, very attached. Whether she loves you or not, she will still be thinking about you. As for missing you. I can't be sure. I know I miss my ex, but I am now understanding that I miss the physical intimacy with a partner rather than anything about him in particular. Yes it is his hugs and kisses that I miss, but that's attachment and comfort that comes from being with someone for so long. I can't really recall what about him that I miss in particular. So unless you know you put in the effort and was attentive and caring towards your ex gf, she will only be missing you because she is still attached to you.

superman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
If you dumped someone and never heard back, would you contact them?
Depends on why break up happened. If it was cheating and lying then probably no......

I think issues other than cheating and lying can all be fixed. I had issues with my ex that certainly caused me to want to break up with him, even though I still love him very much. I would get back in contact with some one I broke up with, I know I have in the past and those are exes that I wasn't even in love with. So if I broke up with someone I was still in love with and cared about then yes definitely.

Cyclops1982

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 1: Completed. Felt empowering sending that message finally taking back control, but sad rest of the day. Was so happy with my message, but frustrating you can't see her face/reaction. No reply (as requested, but couldn't help re-checking emails several times). Two months after a six-year rel, totally suckerpunched like most guys had no idea. Got what seems to be the standard "Still love you/we can be friends" bs, which I told her would NOT work, and it soon got a very nasty in the fall-out (I accept my part in this but I'm the dumped person so can't be expected to be totally 'on it'). Mix of emotions throughout day though. At least not in Hell like I was in the last two months, able to share a joke and feel emotions other than negative ones for bouts of time, which is a progression. Had to go NC when I realized how far backwards in terms of feeling crap even the smallest reminder took me, and one of my friends telling me she's "happy" yesterday actually made me totally miserable and made me decide. 59 days to go - wish me luck!

ps haven't quite been able to delete past txt messages though or number yet, but for practical reasons. I want to be able to analyse and understand the former when I am over it, so as to learn from my mistakes etc, and the number I want to keep so I don't get blindsided. I trust myself to be strong enough to not use it. Here's hoping! No FB etc though, hell no.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cyclops1982 said:
ps haven't quite been able to delete past txt messages though or number yet, but for practical reasons. I want to be able to analyse and understand the former when I am over it, so as to learn from my mistakes etc, and the number I want to keep so I don't get blindsided. I trust myself to be strong enough to not use it. Here's hoping! No FB etc though, hell no.
Wrong idea. delete EVERYTHING.

I'll tell you something you need to hear. She isn't as attractive as you think. She isn't as fun as you think. Give her to me and I would chew her up and spit her out...just like many guys on this site. There is no perfect girl. Man up dude and delete EVERYTHING. I promise you after 2 months sh!t will be fine.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LISTEN to SoSuave666. He's exactly right. You were in love with a mirage.

Delete everything and take your power back.