The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Machtwo said:
At about the three week point I went to see my doctor about depression. Three week point of BU not three week point of NC, two totally different time scales for me.
My doctor told me to come back if it got worse & didn't help in any other way than this.

At about five weeks, things got really bad & I nearly got, what they used to call in the old days 'sectioned'. I took the online NHS depression checker and scored 24 out of 27. I had to go visit the emergency doctor who said it was my decision to be withheld by the NHS or not, I declined as it would have tore my mother to shreds. I was put on tablets for depression immediately, I took them for three days and quit, they made me feel physically ill, not worse mentally.

These were very dark days for me, ones which I do not wish to return to, ever. The easier part for me was getting out with friends, I'm still going to wherever I can, I will go to the opening of an envelope at the moment, anything to keep that little bit occupied. Now this is taking up all my energy to do this and was a small shock to the system to be 'out there again' as I was very settled being at home with my wife every night & weekend.

I took the decision to tell my supervisor at work how I was feeling, I saw the counsellor there and an NHS supplied counsellor briefly, they were a tremendous help, but nothing will help you more than helping yourself! I look back now at how I was and I can laugh at myself, but at the time I was only one more bad thought, sh1tty day or smug smile or put down e-mail from the EX and it would have been curtains - I came very close, something I'm not proud of at all.

Jariel, get all the help you can, get out of your bed, do stuff, take that chick out, if you won't, put a good word in for me & I'll take her!! :) PM me if want any help or advice.

reading posts like this, makes me realize in some ways how lucky i am... i was ready & willing to marry me ex...

live with her etc... looking back now, i know for a fact it would not have worked out..

i am finding this breakup really hard, but what this woman could have done to me later down the road, would have been much much worse.

i would have been a broken man!

jariel just like you, some days i only want to stay in bed, and let the days go by... but mate, force yourself to do some thing.

hit the gym... you must go to the gym

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
Have you guys ever thought about turning to alcohol?

I think getting completely wasted once we week is a great stress reliever.
On the face of it this is a good idea, but alcohol is a known depressant & could make certain people feel worse.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

LOL, it worked great for me. Except about a week ago I almost drunk texted my ex g/f. It sounded like a GREAT idea at the time. Glad I didn't!

Gotta be careful!

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

A xanax plus a shot of Jameson's and a beer! But I do that for fun, not to relieve stress............

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for the support guys. It really means a lot and this thread is a big help to me.

I've got myself out of bed and I'm getting ready for work. It's my first night back after a week. I was tempted to make an excuse and call in sick, but I know that's not good for me.

I was looking at myself in the mirror after my shower and I'm looking in such good shape. Ab definition showing, bulked arms and chest. I felt like shouting at myself "what have you got to be depressed about?" and started thinking how lucky my ex was to have a guy like me, who is way out of her league on almost every level. It gave me some perspective and helped me see the madness of letting one woman define my value.

One day all this rational reasoning will catch up with the rest of me and it'll all make sense. It just feels like it's not sinking in at the moment.

As for alcohol...I'm tee total because it gets me depressed and aggressive at the best of times, I would hate to think what I'd turn into under these circumstances. :)

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Thank you for the support guys. It really means a lot and this thread is a big help to me.

I've got myself out of bed and I'm getting ready for work. It's my first night back after a week. I was tempted to make an excuse and call in sick, but I know that's not good for me.

I was looking at myself in the mirror after my shower and I'm looking in such good shape. Ab definition showing, bulked arms and chest. I felt like shouting at myself "what have you got to be depressed about?" and started thinking how lucky my ex was to have a guy like me, who is way out of her league on almost every level. It gave me some perspective and helped me see the madness of letting one woman define my value.

One day all this rational reasoning will catch up with the rest of me and it'll all make sense. It just feels like it's not sinking in at the moment.

As for alcohol...I'm tee total because it gets me depressed and aggressive at the best of times, I would hate to think what I'd turn into under these circumstances. :)

jariel i guarantee you, you will look back at this in 3-4 months time & think... what the f@ck was i doing

we have all been here before...and have come out of the other end

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
No problem dude. Still I'd say it sounds like you need some serious bro time. Go hang out with your friends some more especially on the weekends. Take a trip or something. That's really what has helped me the most.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i keep having dirty dreams about the ex? what the hell is that all about.

anybody else experience these? had 3 in a row now!

i have to admit, we had the best sex ever

JoeyBrown202

Reaction score
This isn't with an Ex but a girl who I developed really bad oneitis with. One day on this fourm made me notice that she's been using me leading me on that theres a chance of us being together when there really isn't.

I would say I love her and she is causing me pain which mens I think a no contact would be good for 2 reasons.

1) if she actually thinks I have a chance with her I figure she'll contact me a couple of times in this 60 days

2) If she doesn't contact me then I know she has just been using me.

This probably won't be as hard as it would be with an Ex like some of you guys, but I still think it'll be a challenge

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
had a horrible horrible night

keep having dreams about her... crazy as it seems, i do feel some kind of loss & a deep sense of betrayel

really need to snap out of this type of thinking & see my ex for what she really was...

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wish i had never let this toxic woman into my life... paying a heavy price for it now!

it's not the fact that we split up that is bothering me... now that i have hard time apart from her, i know she was so wrong fro me & i dodged a major bullet.

my anxiety is mostly about her possibly having swung to another branch, while leaving my world in turmoil...

maybe i am just over imagining things, as i don't know for a fact that she has.. i am doing my very best to bury these feelings of anger & regret

but they keep re surfacing & making me feel dipressed

i ignored so many red flags, it is silly... i mean really big whopping red flags!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 25:

I had a long period of respite last night where I felt clear about things, where the pain subsided and I started thinking very positively about moving on. I started reviewing my break up and started seeing it from a very different perspective.

I have not and do not intend to break no contact, but I'm now left wondering if I'm seeing things more clearly or if my mind is attempting to play tricks on me.

When I thought about how we broke up, she was so cold and angry at me. There was no gentle let down or explanation how she's fallen out of love with me, it was just pure venom and anger and it genuinely seems that in her mind I was to blame.

She told me she'd just been through the hardest week in her life and needed some space to deal with some things. We had talked in previous months and I had agreed to give her the space when this time came. However, when she requested it I took it badly and instantly reacted by telling her we should just end things and move on, I immediately deleted her from FB and removed my messenger picture of her and me. I behaved like a spoilt brat!

When I look at it like that, I was a selfish bastard who broke up with her during a bad time and was very blunt about doing so. What's more, I showed her a very immature and insecure side of myself, and she called me on it.

It was only after I sent that text saying we should end things that she activated her dating profile...and put up our special photo that hurt me so much. And that was the only update she made to her profile. When I confronted her about it, she wasn't defensive...she was spiteful and cold. She even threw things back in my face saying, "you were the one who said to move on, so I'm moving on" and "I wondered how long it would take you to get back on that dating site and there you are!" as if she'd been pre-empting me going on there and had put her profile and that hurtful photo online to purposely hurt me.

Ok, so this is an entirely different perspective that changes everything and shows that I am the one who lost my composure and acted insecure (which I have to admit to)...and I'm the one to blame for the break up.

What got me worked up to this state of paranoid is that she had been slightly distant and cancelled a couple of dates the weeks leading upto. She also stopped saying "I love you". I confess that I read a lot into that, perhaps too much. I mean, she still continued to text me every day, still used her loving pet names for me, shared a sexual fantasy about me and said things like "I miss you so much" and "I'm so happy I get to see you tomorrow". She even referred to a few memories in her texts saying what amazing days we had and how thinking of it always brings a smile to her face.

So now I'm left wondering if this whole break up is my doing. Did I fvck up and let my paranoia and insecurity getting the best of me? I've known all along that I was getting insecure and needy, especially in the later month of the relationship and I fear this may have clouded my judgement during this time.

I also have to consider the fact that she was dealing with her biggest divorce court case and had received some bad news regarding finances that changed everything.

What's more, a lot of past memories about her marriage was obviously being dragged up, including a lot of emotions related to her ex. Perhaps she needed the space to let those emotions settle and couldn't give me the love and attention I was craving at that time. She'd already told me a couple of months in advance she would need space during this time because she didn't want her stress to ruin our relationship. I agreed to it and I understood, but I blew it.

All this time I've been jumping to a worst case scenario that she'd been plotting to string me along while she looked for another man, using stress as an excuse and asking for space so I'd be her safety net.

That paranoid thought process and paranoia comes from my own insecurities I guess, but also from many of the woman-hating seduction gurus and PUAs who believe the slightest blip in a relationship means she's cheating or looking to cheat.

I know if I started a topic right now saying "My girlfriend is stressed" I'd get several responses saying she's got another man or is looking to branch swing...and that's exactly how I was thinking. I'd had this paranoia instilled in me.

I never considered that maybe she had a legitimate reason for wanting space or needing me to step back, even though I'd seen her losing weight from stress, getting ill, seeking anti depressants and medical consultation and getting worked up into a panic over it all. That was definitely not an act.

So is my mind playing tricks on me or am I starting to see the break up from a more objective point of view?

Rest assured, it changes nothing in terms of no contact. I won't break it because there's nothing I can do now. I showed her an insecure and offputting side to myself now and that alone has damaged the relationship and her view of me beyond repair. In that case, no contact still applies because I need to detach from her, to heal and get over my neediness and my insecurity.

So that's day 25. Feeling clearer and more stable, and yet still questioning my own mind. :)

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soulforge said:
i keep having dirty dreams about the ex? what the hell is that all about.
Not had those kinds of dreams about her, but I have to admit, she's the only fantasy I have that seems to arouse me right now.

my anxiety is mostly about her possibly having swung to another branch, while leaving my world in turmoil...
Same here! Those are the thoughts that my mind tortures me with the most. Perhaps it's because we haven't quite accepted it's over yet and we still think of them as our girlfriends, as owing us some kind of loyalty and respect.

I don't give a fvck who's banging my previous exes, but this is still recent and we're still coming to terms with it.

As you can see in my previous post, I've come to the realisation that my own insecurities and paranoia are the root of my relationship failures. I've ruined many relationships behaving irrationally, getting jealous or demanding or needy. But my underlying insecurity also determines the type of woman I've gone for. I always seem to pick up damsels in distress...the type of woman who needs me, depends on me and looks up to me, because on some level I need that reassurance.

I got all that reassurance from my ex towards the beginning of the relationship and everything was good. But as soon as she stopped being so needy and dependent on me, I felt my insecurity rising, I feared losing her and resorted to being a lapdog who tried to change and do everything right.

Being perfectly honest...on some deep level, I've always disqualified confident, stable and independent women as relationship material, because I'd be too insecure to handle them.

Perhaps that's the real root issue we need to be addressing. Perhaps the pain we are going through right now can be a good thing, because it's teaching us a lesson we will never forget. It's teaching us to be cautious and more selective in the women we choose, and it's telling us we really need to address our insecurity issues!

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

You would have to be totally deluded to even think that would be a good option. What you need to do is learn how to accept what is, for what it is. Alchol is a depressant remember, it may temporally "mask" the problem but I can guarantee in the long run you'll be 100x worse off.

Learn to become happy in yourself. Honestly, it's the best advice anyone could ever give.

itdude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Day 25:

So is my mind playing tricks on me or am I starting to see the break up from a more objective point of view?
Welcome to the next stage of the grieving process. This is a good thing.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The respite didn't last long...this morning I'm in total despair and can't stop crying. It doesn't matter how I try to put things into perspective or try to reason it, or who's to blame, I'm sinking further and further into depression and I just can't seem to find any motivation to keep going.

Everything reminds me of her and I miss her so much.

I just started bawling in front of my parents. My mom stood up and walked out the room and my dad just blanked me and watched TV. Neither of them said a word, as if I wasn't even there. What I'm realising right now is how few people I have to turn to. My closest friends live miles away or overseas, or they're preoccupied with work and families now, so there's no one in my life I can get support from. It feels like such a lonely time and the one person I considered the closest is my ex and she's no longer in my life.

These realisations are making this experience so much harder. This forum and this thread is pretty much all I have and somehow writing on here gives me some kind of temporary comfort.

I've made an appointment to see my GP, but she's not available until Tuesday.

itdude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jairel, although it is good that you are getting your feelings out here on the thread I think you should also reach out to your family. don't assume they don't want to help or don't care. REACH OUT to someone.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itdude said:
Jairel, although it is good that you are getting your feelings out here on the thread I think you should also reach out to your family. don't assume they don't want to help or don't care. REACH OUT to someone.

i am having the same problem... nobody wants to know, or understands this feeling... people get sick of it, and avoid you like the plague

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
Man....y'all are on some other sh!t. Get angry at least, damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AWH0C_cDSk

you know what.. this video just puts everything into percpective for me!

my ex was a b@tch.. why ****king cry over a low value slut...

i can understand some of you guys probably had good woman, till they turned cold on you... for the majority of the time they was probably good to you, thats why you miss them so much & miss the good times!

my ex was a selfish b@tch, pretty much through the whole damn relationship... i,m done with this sh@t

i don't want her back... i just hate myself for falling for this slutt... this woman had nothing going for herself, other than her fu@king 46 year old vagina...

hell i,m free now... once her posion leaves my body i,m free... and one day will laugh at this slutt

guys you need to feel some anger too