The Importance of Money in Men's SMV

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
A less convoluted way of thinking about this:

A few bucks in his pocket = A man being received more warmly by society in general. Especially in Post-Industrial nations, where we do everything in our power to keep the impoverished and bedraggled out of sight, so that we can endlessly ogle the affluent and the glamorous

That said, millions in your bank account won't make you especially attractive to the ladies, if your vibe is more Louis Tully
than Peter Venkman

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need money to attract women.

Having said that, I want money so I can live the lifestyle I want. I remember when I was a young man, and I was broke, and most of my friends were out-earning me. I was not happy with myself, I felt like I was letting myself down. So from that aspect, for my own self esteem, I wanted to be more successful financially, because I wanted options. Money gives you options.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A guy who is 30 years old making 30 grand isn't going to have the access of a guy who is 35 making 350K a year. It's a different ballgame. The guy who is 35 can live in a logistical haven, he can live in the best part of town or in an area that's abudnant with hot women. Whether it's near or on a college campus, downtown, uptown etc. Heck typically if you live in the best part of town in most cities the hottest women tend to be there!
The first sentence is true but a 32-38 year old man making $200,000 - $350,000 isn't as well situated as it might appear at first.

A 32-38 year old man in the working world at any wage level isn't able to access the college campus world. It is going to be challenging for him to be able to do random on campus approaching without looking creepy. He won't be able to go to the extracurricular on campus club meetings.

A 32-38 year old higher earning men would be able to get very good housing in some desirable neighborhoods in his city. He can get an elite urban apartment/condo near Uptown/Downtown in a lot of cities and be close to some hot nightlife venues where 21-25 year old attractive females spend time. That's useful. In terms of daygame in those Uptown/Downtown neighborhoods, it is often 25-32 year old Girl Boss types though. There are some fit Girl Boss types who look go from going to bougie type fitness studios like SoulCycle.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first sentence is true but a 32-38 year old man making $200,000 - $350,000 isn't as well situated as it might appear at first.

A 32-38 year old man in the working world at any wage level isn't able to access the college campus world. It is going to be challenging for him to be able to do random on campus approaching without looking creepy. He won't be able to go to the extracurricular on campus club meetings.

A 32-38 year old higher earning men would be able to get very good housing in some desirable neighborhoods in his city. He can get an elite urban apartment/condo near Uptown/Downtown in a lot of cities and be close to some hot nightlife venues where 21-25 year old attractive females spend time. That's useful. In terms of daygame in those Uptown/Downtown neighborhoods, it is often 25-32 year old Girl Boss types though. There are some fit Girl Boss types who look go from going to bougie type fitness studios like SoulCycle.
I totally disagree with the first paragraph but agree with the 2nd

A guy 32-38 can live near a college campus, which has college bars or even, college parties and in some cases college clubs, even if he lives 15 minutes from said campuses it's still close enough to uber too. On another note why would a 32-38 year old guy try to meet women on college campuses? IMO that's a waste of time, trying to daygame like this which will yield low success results unless you look like a prime Paul Janka or a youtuber with a gimmick There are other ways to meet college-aged women, not bragging but using myself as an example. I was going to college parties until I was 25, I was getting into frat parties until I was 30 and it wasn't because I met girls on campus. I was getting into parties by networking with guys around my age or younger who got me into those parties. When I networked with those guys my intention was never to go to said parties it just naturally happened. Heck the frat parties I was getting into were because of a guy I met of sosauve in 2013 who wanted me to mentor him with night/party game at the time(he was in a big frat at the most popular college in our state) The guy doesn't post here anymore and last time I heard from him he found a girlfriend, not sure what happened to him as I haven't talked to him in a while. Here are some pics...

I got some more but they are not Sosuave-friendly ha ha​

Addressing your last paragraph

As a guy who lives very close to downtown in my city. I can tell you my lay rate went up 8X the first year I did so. I noticed the objection that I use to get from women when I lived 45 minutes away from downtown went down drastically. It truly made me understand that logistics can make or break your game.

• The best example I can give imagine you live in Burbank, California but the girl you're trying to date lives in West Hollywood, California. From Burbank To West Hollywood. The drive is about 9-15 miles depending on where you are going and typically takes 15-25 minutes, However during rush hour it can easily take 1 hour or 1 hour 30 minutes. What's my point with this story? anyone who dates in LA county will tell you that if you live more than 20 minutes from someone even if it's a 15-mile drive most people in LA won't date you. The traffic is so bad that people don't want to date someone who lives more than 15 minutes away. For most people, this may sound crazy but in LA dating someone who lives 45 minutes for example is equivalent for a smaller-town or a different city guy driving 3 hours. Who wants to deal with that stress? and high gas prices you have a lot of guys on this site who have to drive an hour or two just to go on a date cause they live in Bumturkey USA somewhere. There are no women in their town or attractive ones so their only option is to meet a girl off a swipe app who may not even look like her pictures that lives hours away. The further you live away from the women that you truly want, the harder it is. I haven't even talked about how that affects the possibility of intimacy, and also the frequency of how often you see you girlfriend or partner etc.

Logistics can't be underestimated where you live, what type of housing, lifestyle etc I think boosts your SMV tremendously. If you live in a nice place and neighborhood women are going to infer you're doing very well. However IMO it's the fact that you're in the vicinity of women in their prime in abundance really does make a difference. If you're 30 and living in your mom's basement or the trailer parks it's going to be tougher to pull women especially attractive women unless you like trailer park chicks. The reason why logistics don't matter for college kids is cause they have the best logistics in the world for obvious reasons which I already mentioned prior. As you get older, especially in your 30s women will judge you on where you live, not just because of your salary but because a lot of women are superficial like that and if her place is nicer than yours it may be a turn-off to her. I'm not saying you should get a nice place to impress women all I'm saying is that shyt matters to women more than guys think and as you get older that could be a deal breaker for women in itself . I remember when I use to live further away and how it was deal breaker for most women, I even recall a woman once saying she wished I lived closer to downtown. Once I moved I noticed it really made a difference and I've also seen how the dynamics play out for guys who live in the best parts of downtown. It truly is a game-changer!

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On another note why would a 32-38 year old guy try to meet women on college campuses? IMO that's a waste of time, trying to daygame like this which will yield low success results
It would be a waste of time for a 32-38 year old guy to try to daygame on campus randomly. However, an existing student can randomly daygame on campus and it would likely be less of a waste of time. His campus daygaming would be more likely to be talking to women from his 200+ person lecture hall class or even at the on campus gym for students/faculty. Additionally, the undergraduate/graduate student has on campus extracurricular clubs as an option, which the random rich guy 32-38 year old guy would not be able to access. The extracurricular club option is the great option in the gaming sphere here, especially as an LTR play.

As a guy who lives very close to downtown in my city. I can tell you my lay rate went up 8X the first year I did so. I noticed the objection that I use to get from women when I lived 45 minutes away from downtown went down drastically. It truly made me understand that logistics can make or break your game.
I can see how this would make a big difference.

The best example I can give imagine you live in Burbank, California but the girl you're trying to date lives in West Hollywood, California. From Burbank To West Hollywood. The drive is about 9-15 miles depending on where you are going and typically takes 15-25 minutes, However during rush hour it can easily take 1 hour or 1 hour 30 minutes. What's my point with this story? anyone who dates in LA county will tell you that if you live more than 20 minutes from someone even if it's a 15-mile drive most people in LA won't date you. The traffic is so bad that people don't want to date someone who lives more than 15 minutes away. For most people, this may sound crazy but in LA dating someone who lives 45 minutes for example is equivalent for a smaller-town or a different city guy driving 3 hours. Who wants to deal with that stress? and high gas prices you have a lot of guys on this site who have to drive an hour or two just to go on a date cause they live in Bumturkey USA somewhere. There are no women in their town or attractive ones so their only option is to meet a girl off a swipe app who may not even look like her pictures that lives hours away. The further you live away from the women that you truly want, the harder it is. I haven't even talked about how that affects the possibility of intimacy, and also the frequency of how often you see you girlfriend or partner etc
I like this example a lot. Dallas has a similar experience. People who live in some of the Central Dallas neighborhoods dislike going north of Interstate 635 (the northern reaches of the Dallas city limits and north of Dallas suburbs). The most desirable neighborhoods for unmarried people in Dallas are closer to Downtown Dallas. The further that you get from Downtown Dallas, the less geographically desirable you will be to most unattached people. The traffic is just way too bad in Dallas at key times of the day to travel something more than 10-15 miles.

As you get older, especially in your 30s women will judge you on where you live, not just because of your salary but because a lot of women are superficial like that and if her place is nicer than yours it may be a turn-off to her. I'm not saying you should get a nice place to impress women all I'm saying is that shyt matters to women more than guys think and as you get older that could be a deal breaker for women in itself .
Very true.

I remember when I use to live further away and how it was deal breaker for most women, I even recall a woman once saying she wished I lived closer to downtown. Once I moved I noticed it really made a difference and I've also seen how the dynamics play out for guys who live in the best parts of downtown. It truly is a game-changer!
Yes, this makes sense.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most desirable neighborhoods for unmarried people in Dallas are closer to Downtown Dallas. The further that you get from Downtown Dallas, the less geographically desirable you will be to most unattached people. The traffic is just way too bad in Dallas at key times of the day to travel something more than 10-15 miles.
I thought The Villages is the swinging singles' apartment complex in D.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
You needn't prowl a uni campus to find women in this age bracket, fellas. The classy, high-quality ones are fixtures at art galleries, classic film revivals, operas(Even those that screen digitally), yoga, etc etc

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most desirable neighborhoods for unmarried people in Dallas are closer to Downtown Dallas. The further that you get from Downtown Dallas, the less geographically desirable you will be to most unattached people. The traffic is just way too bad in Dallas at key times of the day to travel something more than 10-15 miles.
I thought The Villages is the swinging singles' apartment complex in D.
It's called The Village. I've never mentioned The Village in my "Observations on Dallas' Scene" thread. At some point in the near future, I'll have to update that thread with some detailed commentary about The Village. I'm only going to cover the bare minimum about The Village in this post as a longer, more detailed post would be more appropriate for the Dallas Scene thread.

How were you aware of The Village in Dallas?

The Village has been around in Dallas since the late 1960s. The Village is a collection of 15+ apartment communities around a common athletic club and bar(s)/restaurant(s). The original Village complexes were built between the late 1960s - mid 1980s. Since then, some older complexes have been torn down and re-built. The common areas were re-built in the late 2010s-early 2020s.

The Village is considered to be a Central Dallas area as it is about 7 miles north and slightly east of Downtown Dallas. It is only about 2 miles from Southern Methodist University. It's probably the northern most area with a big collection of singles in what's considered to be a Central Dallas area.

The heyday of The Village was from the 1970s-1990s. Around the late 1990s-early 2000s, Uptown and a few other areas closer to Downtown started to attract some of the yuppie/bougie types. The Village lost some of its cool factor with the rise of Uptown/Downtown in recent times but is still considered a decent spot to reside if you're younger and single in Dallas.

The biggest drawback of The Village is walkability. The Village isn't walkable to the most popular nightlife districts in Dallas. It's a short ride with Uber/Lyft to those areas, but there's a difference between walkable and a short Uber/Lyft ride.

The 2 most expensive Village complexes are the 2 newest ones. The newest one opened at the end of the renovation of the common areas in the early 2020s. A one bedroom there would be near $3,000/month right now. The second newest one opened in the mid 2010s is about 10 years old now. That one runs $2,000 - $2,5000/month. Neither will get you good walkability to the hottest nightlife venues in Dallas. You can get apartments in Dallas near Uptown/Downtown around those prices with better nightlife walkability.

However, as I have mentioned in the Dallas Scene thread, some parts of Uptown have experienced an increase in crime sine the mid 2010s and also feel scarier at night despite the better walkability. That helps The Village to an extent.

The Village is considered a good logistical place but probably not the best logistical place in Dallas. @Solomon has been talking about using money to create good logistics to up your lay count and lay rate. The Village would be an above average choice for that.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How were you aware of The Village in Dallas?
I first learned of it in 1998, when I was going a gig in Dallas, in the "Dr. Pepper" neighborhood. Then when W was running for POTUS, there was mention how he was one of the big partiers while a resident there, meeting his wife Barbara. (I was there for 3 weeks at a time, cranking out 60-hour weeks, so I decided to just stayed at a hotel while there.)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then when W was running for POTUS, there was mention how he was one of the big partiers while a resident there, meeting his wife Barbara.
There are no articles about George W. Bush living in The Village and meeting his wife there. George W. Bush is married to Laura. George HW Bush was married to Barbara. George W. Bush met Laura in Midland, TX at a backyard barbecue.

Mark Cuban (Shark Tank shark and former Dallas Mavericks majority owner) did live in The Village in 1982-1983 when he first arrived in Dallas. The Dallas Morning News had a large article about that in 2011. Mark Cuban met his spouse many years after moving out of The Village. Mark Cuban had a mansion in the Preston Hollow neighborhood of Dallas by the time he met his wife. Preston Hollow is a neighborhood a few miles from The Village. It's large single family houses (mansions). Preston Hollow is more of a family area so it was somewhat strange for bachelor Mark Cuban to have a mansion in Preston Hollow, even though he could easily afford a mansion in Preston Hollow based on his business accomplishments by the 1990s.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
You don't need money to attract women.

Having said that, I want money so I can live the lifestyle I want. I remember when I was a young man, and I was broke, and most of my friends were out-earning me. I was not happy with myself, I felt like I was letting myself down. So from that aspect, for my own self esteem, I wanted to be more successful financially, because I wanted options. Money gives you options.
Yeah. This entire thread is a male variation on what's said between 8:14-8:40

No, a man having a few bucks in his pocket won't guarantee him a life free of all difficulties(With the ladies or otherwise), just as putting on make up and fresh clothes doesn't rid women of all hassels. Both sure as hell make life a lot simpler though!!!

The intellectual contortions we resort to, in our efforts to deny the obvious, are remarkable

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That said, millions in your bank account won't make you especially attractive to the ladies
Where are people getting this sh-t of well-heeled men “having no personality,” that those of them who are nerds are womanless, or that nerds “have no personality”?

Status, oftentimes linked with money, and sometimes with criminality or dangerousness, attracts women like flies to sh-t.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did ya notice they operate in completely different environment, one with high access to females at a young age, before “improving” themselves?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are people getting this sh-t of well-heeled men “having no personality,” that those of them who are nerds are womanless, or that nerds “have no personality”?
Didn't you get the memo that if you have a dime to your name, that means you are automatically ugly, boring, and beta?

I know PUA gurus want to sell their system like it's the secret answer, but I always thought it was a little off that they tried to excuse the guys who had no money. After all, they wanted their clients to pay them, and those PUA camps weren't cheap. Seems like they'd want to attract a wealthier crowd. But maybe there weren't many of those guys who were having problems attracting women. They'd even go so far as to say that having money works against you attracting women.

Seriously though, you don't need money to attract women. There is the attraction of the wandering vagabond type. I don't think having money hurts though. I mean, it doesn't hurt to have a clean change of clothes, decent dental care, a gym membership, a functioning car, some hobbies to pursue, the ability to buy healthy food, a decent place to flop, etc.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
You didn't quote me entirely. What I actually wrote makes perfect sense: "That said, millions in your bank account won't make you especially attractive to the ladies, if your vibe is more Louis Tully

than Peter Venkman

Ex. MGTOW's most prominent preachers are minor E-celebs, who've raked in a chunk of change via Patreon donations and the like, and who are leading upper-middle class lives. That wealth doesn't translate to them being especially sexually desirable to most women, or even the sort of folks most self-respecting men are eager to hang around, entertaining as we all once found some their acting out

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Did ya notice they operate in completely different environment, one with high access to females at a young age, before “improving” themselves?
I noticed that while folks in this income bracket have wider social circles than everyone else further down the ladder does, those men who were sexually attractive to women still possessed all the typical traits, while their equally Old Moneyed peers who didn't still went without

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You needn't prowl a uni campus to find women in this age bracket, fellas. The classy, high-quality ones are fixtures at art galleries, classic film revivals, operas(Even those that screen digitally), yoga, etc etc
They cannot go there, they'd stick out as flies on a wedding cake.