The Dark Triad theory of dating: Narcissism, Machiavellianism, Psychopathy/Sociopathy

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oak Park has some million-dollar homes but then suddenly it just cuts off randomly and there’s an area that is super ****ty. Couldn’t tell you where exactly but knew a few people who lived up there and that’s what they all said. Plus my dad knows like every street in Chicago lol and he said the same thing too. But yeah, stuff has changed.
Pilsen was a rough hood back in the 70s 80s and 90s. It was a neighborhood full of Mexican bangers and if you were black, white or not from around there. They would punch your ticket, now its full of art shows and art hoes and I'm not complaining.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pilsen was a rough hood back in the 70s 80s and 90s. It was a neighborhood full of Mexican bangers and if you were black, white or not from around there. They would punch your ticket, now its full of art shows and art hoes and I'm not complaining.
Yeah, you pretty much only walked down there if you wanted to commit suicide. Same with like Wabash and the areas around it. Literally suicide street lol

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just terrible logic because it assumes the other 'bad' photos represent his actual depiction when they could just be 'bad' pictures as much as his good pics are good.
As is one "good" photo

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As is one "good" photo
As in "you didn't do your research" because he has many good photos from his Instagram and actual modeling career. Why are you so bent on marginalizing his looks? Most ppl in the mainstream would disagree with you. Shouldn't tht signal that perhaps it's just you and a few others (males) tht are off about this? You can do it. I believe in you.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As in "you didn't do your research" because he has many good photos from his Instagram and actual modeling career. Why are you so bent on marginalizing his looks? Most ppl in the mainstream would disagree with you. Shouldn't tht signal that perhaps it's just you and a few others (males) tht are off about this? You can do it. I believe in you.
Modeling pics are meant to make people look good

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could break it down but I decided not to
But you didn't acknowledge that LA and NYC had 2,000+ murders a year for years in the late 80's early 90's, that was how our disagreement started. You said it was a bit over 1000. I wasn't focus on a "per capita". Cause further data showed on a "per capita", quite a few medium USA cities smoked chicago by quite a bit.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But you didn't acknowledge that LA and NYC had 2,000+ murders a year for years in the late 80's early 90's, that was how our disagreement started. You said it was a bit over 1000. I wasn't focus on a "per capita". Cause further data showed on a "per capita", quite a few medium USA cities smoked chicago by quite a bit.
LA never had 2000 that is Los Angeles County which includes data from 100 other cities. It's just not serious to talk about I feel. I posted the wiki with Los Angeles County cities

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LA never had 2000 that is Los Angeles County which includes data from 100 other cities. It's just not serious to talk about I feel. I posted the wiki with Los Angeles County cities

So the 2000+ numbers is including nearby counties, the LA city rates during those years was just over a 1000. Kill rate similar to Chicago. Chicago was never the Murder capital though. That 2000+ number had been used as a stat for a long time, but NYC had 2000+ murders for the city for years in the late 80's and 90's, and when they'd quote the stats in the media, they would use the 2000+ numbers for LA.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So the 2000+ numbers is including nearby counties, the LA city rates during those years was just over a 1000. Kill rate similar to Chicago. Chicago was never the Murder capital though. That 2000+ number had been used as a stat for a long time, but NYC had 2000+ murders for the city for years in the late 80's and 90's, and when they'd quote the stats in the media, they would use the 2000+ numbers for LA.
Lol no Chicago was ass when it came to violence. The name Chiraq exists for a reason lol. New York and LA are a lot larger cities overall. The cities that ‘smoke’ Chicago when it comes to gun violence is simply because they’re usually more tourist-esque towns, so even though the population that lives there may be smaller, the overall crime rate rate increases because tourists mimic it having a larger population.

Example: Town A is a tourist town with a population of 50,000 people in it. Each year, it has 1 million visitors. If there’s a murder rate of 1 per 1000 within that 1 million, that would mean 1,000 murders happen each year in Town A. But because the population size is really 50,000 that means that the homicide rate in Town A is technically 20 per 1000. In other words, it’s artificially inflating the numbers.

You also have to keep in mind that our police department is absolute ass when it comes to homicide. So many cases go unsolved and even unreported. My dad has a gas station in Chicago and there’s an alleyway behind it, there’s dead bodies laying there all the time lol. They’re usually hookers and occasionally drug dealers but the police don’t care. They just take the bodies away and don’t even report it in the headcount bc then that would mean acknowledgement of a murder which is just 1 more case they’d have to solve, which btw they don’t wanna even do. Plus, a lot of the times these people don’t have any family or friends or anything like that so they just close the case that they never even opened. This is right next to Midway Airport too so it’s not like this is a crime-ridden area either lol. I can’t imagine how it must be like in some other neighborhoods. He used to have another station more on the north side, near this real ****ty area (not in it, but right on the border of it) and there were shootings all the time. The police usually came 2-3 hours after a shooting, if they came at all (sometimes they would literally just not respond In those areas, if you shoot at somebody and the police happen to come to check out the noise alarms that were set off and there’s no blood or body or evidence of a shooting anywhere, all you gotta do to get away with the crime is just say “it was gangs” and then they’ll just be like “ahh, okay” and then just leave. They won’t even bother to check any cameras lol. Happened a lot when I was a kid so that’s how I know.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol no Chicago was ass when it came to violence. The name Chiraq exists for a reason lol. New York and LA are a lot larger cities overall. The cities that ‘smoke’ Chicago when it comes to gun violence is simply because they’re usually more tourist-esque towns, so even though the population that lives there may be smaller, the overall crime rate rate increases because tourists mimic it having a larger population.

Example: Town A is a tourist town with a population of 50,000 people in it. Each year, it has 1 million visitors. If there’s a murder rate of 1 per 1000 within that 1 million, that would mean 1,000 murders happen each year in Town A. But because the population size is really 50,000 that means that the homicide rate in Town A is technically 20 per 1000. In other words, it’s artificially inflating the numbers.

You also have to keep in mind that our police department is absolute ass when it comes to homicide. So many cases go unsolved and even unreported. My dad has a gas station in Chicago and there’s an alleyway behind it, there’s dead bodies laying there all the time lol. They’re usually hookers and occasionally drug dealers but the police don’t care. They just take the bodies away and don’t even report it in the headcount bc then that would mean acknowledgement of a murder which is just 1 more case they’d have to solve, which btw they don’t wanna even do. Plus, a lot of the times these people don’t have any family or friends or anything like that so they just close the case that they never even opened. This is right next to Midway Airport too so it’s not like this is a crime-ridden area either lol. I can’t imagine how it must be like in some other neighborhoods. He used to have another station more on the north side, near this real ****ty area (not in it, but right on the border of it) and there were shootings all the time. The police usually came 2-3 hours after a shooting, if they came at all (sometimes they would literally just not respond In those areas, if you shoot at somebody and the police happen to come to check out the noise alarms that were set off and there’s no blood or body or evidence of a shooting anywhere, all you gotta do to get away with the crime is just say “it was gangs” and then they’ll just be like “ahh, okay” and then just leave. They won’t even bother to check any cameras lol. Happened a lot when I was a kid so that’s how I know.
I believe st loius. Baltimore. Detroit. Etc for having a higher kill rate "per capita" even tho those where 500k-1m cities. St loius had a 4x kill rate of chicago. And Detroit a 3x.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe st loius. Baltimore. Detroit. Etc for having a higher kill rate "per capita" even tho those where 500k-1m cities. St loius had a 4x kill rate of chicago. And Detroit a 3x.
St. Louis and Detroit yeah, but I don’t think Baltimore. They decided to tear down the Cabrini-Green projects and gentrify it which was huge imo, but also right before Mayor Daley left office, he closed down all the other projects in Chicago as well so many of the criminals living there had left. Dude did one hell of a job for the city to say the least even though a lot of people don’t really like him.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again there is absolutely no proof

References
  1. 1. Case A., Paxson C., 2008a. Stature and status: height, ability: and labor market outcomes. Journal of Political Economy116, 499–532.
  2. 4. Heineck G. 2005. Up in the skies? The relationship between height and earnings in Germany. Labour, 19(3), 469–489.
  3. 5. Kortt M., Leigh A. 2010. Does size matter in Australia? Economic Record86(272), 71–83.
  4. 6. Dinda S., Gangopadhyay P.K., Chattopadhyay B.P., Saiyed H.N., Pal M. and Bharati P. 2006. Height, weight and earnings among coalminers in India. Economics and Human Biology, 4(3), 342–350. pmid:16377265
  5. 7. LaFave D., Thomas D. 2017. Height and Cognition at Work: Labor Market Productivity in a Low Income Setting, Economics and Human Biology25, 52–64. pmid:27843117
  6. 8. Schultz T.P. 2002. Wage gains associated with height as a form of health human capital. American Economic Review92(3), 349–453.
  7. 9. Sohn K. 2015. The height premium in Indonesia. Economics and Human Biology16, 1–15. pmid:24480546
  8. 10. Vogl TS. Height, skills, and labor market outcomes in Mexico. Journal of Development Economics. 2014 Mar 1;107:84–96.
  9. 11. Cinnirella, F., Winter, J., 2009. Size matters! Body height and labor market discrimination: A cross-European analysis. CESifo Working Paper No. 2733.
  10. 12. Hamstra M.R.W. 2014. ‘Big’ men: male leaders’ height positively relates to followers’ perception of charisma. Pers. Indiv. Diff. 56, 190–192.
  11. 13. Heineck G. 2009. Too tall to be smart: The relationship between height and cognitive abilities. Economics Letters105(1), 78–80.
  12. 14. von Hinke Kessler Scholder S., Smith G.D., Lawlor D.A., et al., 2013. Child height, health and human capital: evidence using genetic markers. European Economic Review57, 1–22. pmid:25673883
  13. 15. Persico N, Postlewaite A, Silverman D. The effect of adolescent experience on labor market outcomes: The case of height. Journal of Political Economy. 2004 Oct;112(5):1019–53.
  14. 16. Heckman J.J., Stixrud J., Urzua S. 2006. The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Abilities on Labor Market Outcomes and Social Behavior. Journal of Labor Economics, 24(3), 411–482.
  15. 17. Walder A. 1995. Career mobility and the Communist pollical order. American Sociological Review60(3), 309–328.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

References
  1. 1. Case A., Paxson C., 2008a. Stature and status: height, ability: and labor market outcomes. Journal of Political Economy116, 499–532.
  2. 4. Heineck G. 2005. Up in the skies? The relationship between height and earnings in Germany. Labour, 19(3), 469–489.
  3. 5. Kortt M., Leigh A. 2010. Does size matter in Australia? Economic Record86(272), 71–83.
  4. 6. Dinda S., Gangopadhyay P.K., Chattopadhyay B.P., Saiyed H.N., Pal M. and Bharati P. 2006. Height, weight and earnings among coalminers in India. Economics and Human Biology, 4(3), 342–350. pmid:16377265
  5. 7. LaFave D., Thomas D. 2017. Height and Cognition at Work: Labor Market Productivity in a Low Income Setting, Economics and Human Biology25, 52–64. pmid:27843117
  6. 8. Schultz T.P. 2002. Wage gains associated with height as a form of health human capital. American Economic Review92(3), 349–453.
  7. 9. Sohn K. 2015. The height premium in Indonesia. Economics and Human Biology16, 1–15. pmid:24480546
  8. 10. Vogl TS. Height, skills, and labor market outcomes in Mexico. Journal of Development Economics. 2014 Mar 1;107:84–96.
  9. 11. Cinnirella, F., Winter, J., 2009. Size matters! Body height and labor market discrimination: A cross-European analysis. CESifo Working Paper No. 2733.
  10. 12. Hamstra M.R.W. 2014. ‘Big’ men: male leaders’ height positively relates to followers’ perception of charisma. Pers. Indiv. Diff. 56, 190–192.
  11. 13. Heineck G. 2009. Too tall to be smart: The relationship between height and cognitive abilities. Economics Letters105(1), 78–80.
  12. 14. von Hinke Kessler Scholder S., Smith G.D., Lawlor D.A., et al., 2013. Child height, health and human capital: evidence using genetic markers. European Economic Review57, 1–22. pmid:25673883
  13. 15. Persico N, Postlewaite A, Silverman D. The effect of adolescent experience on labor market outcomes: The case of height. Journal of Political Economy. 2004 Oct;112(5):1019–53.
  14. 16. Heckman J.J., Stixrud J., Urzua S. 2006. The Effects of Cognitive and Noncognitive Abilities on Labor Market Outcomes and Social Behavior. Journal of Labor Economics, 24(3), 411–482.
  15. 17. Walder A. 1995. Career mobility and the Communist pollical order. American Sociological Review60(3), 309–328.
Being short is not that bad (at least for dating) if you have a good face.