NorwegianDJ's journal of personal growth

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout:
Squat: 3x(6-7-6)x80 Wednesdays are supposed to be 80% of max effort on squats. Meh.
Press: 3x5x30
Deadlift: 1x5x70 Easy. However, it hurts when it hits my knee and scrapes along my shins.
Dips: 1x3xBW Just testing out.
DECLINE sit-ups: 3x10xBW Ive been saying INCLINE the whole time instead of DECLINE.
Weight: 68.5

Not much happening. Me and Robin have decided to throw a party, 6th of May. Starting the planning process, seems like its gonna be a piece of cake. Tons of money + social proof.. Why not?
Also, I took a look at Whale's profile (she's not that big really. Maybe add like 10kg to Redhead and thats her weight). Anyways, some chick that Ive been close to making out with before (QA), commented "I hate that you have a pic with him he so effen fine omlorrrrrd x" When Whale had a profile pic of me, her and Redhead on. Yeah.. Cool stuff.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
east london

Currently I'm driving thru east london, so I'm using my cell.
Workout:
Squat: 3x5x85
Bench press: 3x5x55
Pullups: 3x3xBW
Curls: 3x8x20
Decline situps: 3x8xBW
WEAK
Weight: 70.2

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Ready, fire, aim.
DJ_Hero said:
This is why they don't let dyslexics join the military.
It's quite the profound statement actually, really resonates with me.
What it means is that instead of doing the regular "Ready, aim, fire" like most people, do "Ready, fire, aim".

Example: When approaching, you approach first, plan second. If you plan first, it will take you much longer to approach, and it wont be successful.

So the above is taken from a book by Anthony Robbins, called "Awaken the giant within". Im currently reading it, and I like it. Very recommended.
Pain & Pleasure, belief systems and so on, something I might write about later. Brad also talks about this stuff. RSD itself has many similar concepts, seeing as pretty much all the instructors probably has read that book.

East London was really relaxed. Way too relaxed.
Saw a really fine, Swedish looking chick. Didn't approach. "I'll get a better shot later" Bull****.
Eating enough is hard when you're on vacation. We're talking ordering a steak and a chicken every time we ate out. Drinking less water definately affected on how tired I was and so on.

Back home, no oats, lots of water, english essay due.. Lets do this.

I'll add some excercises from the book here soon, I gotta do them.

EDIT - Being an RSD instructor assistant, thats what I gotta do to get where I wanna be. Seems like THE thing. I got the money I need (Thank god for having a well off family), so we'll see. Before or after college - I dont know. Seriously considering taking 6-12 months of that before college. Brb installing CS5

Last edited:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout:
Squat: 3x(6-5-5)x85 This was really heavy, probably my hardest one so far. Upping to 90 next monday I think.
Bench: 3x5x55
Deadlift: 1x5x70 This was hard, but doable when I got into it. I got 0 reps on first try.
Leg raises: 2x~10x(well.. Legs)
Chin-ups: 1x5xBW
Weight: 69.45kgs
Quads are so sore.

Last edited:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout:
Squat: 3x5x85 Was easier, focused on form. Moving onto 90 kg and 2 plates.
Press: 3x5x30
Pull-ups: 3x(6-5-5)xBW
Leg raises: 1x20xBW
Crunch machine: 2x10x50
Curls: 3x~8x20

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you not do power cleans? I want to do them, but considering how many people say don't do them without a coach...

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ranga

amohield said:
Do you not do power cleans? I want to do them, but considering how many people say don't do them without a coach...
Not at the moment, im doing practical programming. Just watch a bunch of videos, read up on form, and videotape yourself and post on www.bodybuilding.com and you should be fine.

I started using www.fitday.com today. Its basicly an easy way to keep track of calories on, I'll include a picture when I go to bed. --> http://i55.tinypic.com/1z4bl8j.jpg

Alright.. so friday.
Ahh, never mind, its Earth Hour now. Cant bother to write in the dark, hurts my eyes.
Btw, I read thru some of my journal and noticed how frikkin confusing parts of it was. I really have improved, and its kinda embarressing reading the stuff I wrote back then. Hope I wont say the same about myself now in 5 months.

FR coming soon.

Last edited:

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Btw, I read thru some of my journal and noticed how frikkin confusing parts of it was. I really have improved, and its kinda embarressing reading the stuff I wrote back then. Hope I wont say the same about myself now in 5 months.
Hopefully, you will. It will have meant you improved even more. :D

dhizzyballuh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I just read "the game" by Neil Strauss
Apparently Tylers D."teachers" all thought he was a **** most of the time haha
Great read, I highly recommend it haha..

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout:
Squats: 3x5x90 Finally doing 2 plates! This was EASY. Pumped this out faster than any of heavy sets I've done recently. Did all reps without pause, finishing in about 20-30 seconds. Aiming for olympic bar (100kg) soon.
Bench: 3x5x55 I think I can increase to 60 on friday.
Chin-ups: 3x(8-7-5)xBW Too little rest on last set.
Leg-raises: 1x20xBW
Decline sit-ups: 3x10x10kg
Weight: 71.2kg
SUCCESS

EDIT: Alright, so plan is currently: Eat a ****load (Atleast more than usual) this week and break 100kg with olympic bar on monday. Also get 60kg bench, be it on friday or wednesday. When this is done I will start cutting for summer in Norway. If I reach my desired weight before I leave, I'll start bulking again.

Last edited:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****. Today's workout was bad. I felt weak and form was poor.
Squats: 3x5x95 This went very slow and was really hard. Bent forward too much at times. The absolutely last rep I stalled on the bottom for 2-3 seconds. Postponing 100 for wednesday, jumped from 85 to 95 too fast.
Press: 3x(5-4-4)x35 Weak. Will repeat on monday.
Deadlift: 1x5x80 This was good and easy.
Decline sit-ups: 2x10x10 Ran out of time, as my breaks were longer than usual.
Weight: 71.3kg

YoYoRocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Wv7KK1DDY
THIS. RIGHT THERE, IS WHAT FCKING DRIVES ME.

I've had this in my head for quite a while. I want to become an instructor. I cannot envision any other kind of job.
I want to travel.
I want to have fun
I want to pick up girls
I want FREEDOM
I have a deep love for the game.

I dont have a plan for how to get there, apart from being my best self and getting good at what I do. Maybe I should get a plan. How should I go about this?

BRB, finishing the youtube clip, AAAAH.

Loved the video.

Nice journal, will be following it.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
making this quick, got visitors.
Workout was WEAK.
Squat: 3x(5-4-4)x90 First time i failed at bottom.
Bench: 3x(5-6-7)x55 Put on some good music and pumped thru this like it was nothing.
Chin-up: 3x~7xBW
Decline situps: 3x10x10
curls: 3x12x15
Weight: 71.5kg

Last edited:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ing partying here at my place. They having fun,
Im eating biltong and milk. FCKING DEDICATION *****ES.
CIAO