• Ok idea...

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as the show being fixed is concerned the producers of the show had to get the club owners permission to place all those cameras inside so I believe that it is certainly possible for the club owners to advertise that Mystery was going to be there.

In shooting a reality TV show the producers of the show have to get peoples consent before putting them on camera so every woman in the bar and the women on the day approaches knew they were being filmed. They may not have known that they were appearing on “The Pick Up Artist”, but I guarantee you they knew 100% they were being filmed.

In Hindsight I believe Pradeep should have been the first one eliminated. Scott was hardcore in MM, but Mystery got rid of him because he simply wouldn’t have enough time to turn him into a PUA and he was giving off too much of a nerd vibe compared to the others.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the outcome of this show was based more on looks than anything else. In the end I believe that the two best looking guys Brady and Cozmo are going to be in the final two. These two should be able to pick up 5-6 naturally based on their good looks alone or “fools mate” as Mystery calls it. The chick Cozmo was making out with even told him “the only reason I’m talking to you is because you’re good looking.”

None of these guys seem to be developing any type of internal game. Their all still relying on the same tired canned routines and gimmicks that they were taught the first day which I think is pretty sad. I thought it was funny when that chick busted Joe D. and Matador using a canned routine “Jorge, he told me his name was george.” LOL

Joe D. isn’t going to experience any real success until he loses some weight. A lot of women won’t give overweight guys the time of day regardless of how much game they possess and his mafia peacocking gimmick will only take him so far. If Mystery chose Joe D. as the winner I think it would be purely for marketing reasons.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Much of what MM is actually what RJ did long ago, but Mystery has just refined it and changed it for club game while RJ is more day game suited.

Go look at RJ's old stuff and it's all there, even the Negs, which Mystery even states that Negs are to lower her value level to yours and DHV is to raise yours to hers.

Regardless, this stuff is all bogus. MM still hasn't gotten any of these guys a hot chick. The only kiss close was Kosmo with the drunk 6.5 in the club.

Doesn't MM promise to get you 9's and 10's? His book cover does.

If so, then why haven't these guys pulled any of them, even the better looking guys like Brady and Kosmo?

You would think with their looks combined with MM, it would be 9's and dimes all the time, but it's not. Not even close.

Guys, please cast aside these "crutches" and tricks and gimmicks as they will actually slow your progression more then help it.

Develop yourself, your inner game, your outer game. Become the type of Man that women dig. Her Knight in Shining Armor and not a peacocked Jester like these MM guys.

Did you see the fight outside?
Floss before or after?
Can I get a woman's opinion?
I only have a minute, but...
Let me show you "The Cube"

Lame, lame, lame.

Might work some with young, immature, LSE, drunk and drugged club chicks, but that's about it.

And for these guys, they're not even getting that.

They're getting number closes from 5's, venue changes from 6's, and a kiss close from a 6.5

Anyone can do that just by talking about anything with a girl, let alone employing some magical method that is supposed to get you hot chicks like 9's and 10's

I have yet to see any video of any guru cold-pulling a 9 or 10

Not a single one anywhere on the entire internet.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:

If so, then why haven't these guys pulled any of them, even the better looking guys like Brady and Kosmo?

You would think with their looks combined with MM, it would be 9's and dimes all the time, but it's not. Not even close.
That is the genius of the MM. If you go up to a 9's and 10's and she rejects you then the fault lies with you because "you didn't have a tight game" - something went wrong, you didn't exhibit enough alphaness in your demeanor or some crap like that. It is like being a commentator in a football game and saying stuff " well if the running back did plan-B instead of Plan-A they would have scored a touchdown by now" .However if you would been able to rewind time and try again and tell the running back to go to plan A instead and he would fail again, the commentator would have said "oh he should have done plan B, then he would have scored a touchdown").

It is the same method used in the DVD "The Secret" - only you are in control of your destiny and anything good or bad are as a result of your own thinking.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
DJDamage said:
That is the genius of the MM. If you go up to a 9's and 10's and she rejects you then the fault lies with you because "you didn't have a tight game" - something went wrong, you didn't exhibit enough alphaness in your demeanor or some crap like that. It is like being a commentator in a football game and saying stuff " well if the running back did plan-B instead of Plan-A they would have scored a touchdown by now" .However if you would been able to rewind time and try again and tell the running back to go to plan A instead and he would fail again, the commentator would have said "oh he should have done plan B, then he would have scored a touchdown").

It is the same method used in the DVD "The Secret" - only you are in control of your destiny and anything good or bad are as a result of your own thinking.
You could say the same about us. We're all judging these guys, but we only get to see what makes it into the final cut. We only get to see what they WANT us to see, to elicit a reaction or an emotion. Its all TV.

I'm not saying that the guys are better than what we're giving them credit for, but maybe, since we only see segments of the night, we might be missing some moments that would give us a more fleshed-out opinion of them.

We can say, based on our previous knowledge, that if they did this push-pull here instead of that neg there, they might have got farther with the girl. But we don't really know, right? Maybe the girl just didn't like him at all, and nothing would have made a difference. But we still sit here and comment on it. That's just what people do.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:

Yeah, all these 'gurus' use the same BS - you should have done "A" instead of "B" and when you do "B" instead of "A", they tell you the opposite.

All these gurus are flawed and are over hyped. Some have good advice, but I have yet to see a single one pull a 9 or 10 on video, and I would be suspicious even if I did.

MM is supposed to be able to get you 9 & 10's, but for these guys on the show, even the better looking guys, they are using MM and not getting any girls yet.

Many of these guys who worship Mystery on this forum haven't taken his WS, or are virgins, or haven't pulled a 9 or 10, yet they talk about him like he's God. Stop the worship. Stop with the lame tricks and gimmicks.

Develop yourself into becoming a Man and not a peacocking clown.

Some of these guys want to so desperately believe in MM because they think it will be the answer to their prayers, and when it isn't, then what?

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek,

You're starting to sound like a broken record. We get it, you don't think Mystery Method is very effective and the show is validating that in your eyes.

I don't use MM. I don't like the gimmicks. I agree with most (if not all ) of what you said is important to "having good game".

However, this is a tv show. I'm not watching it to learn PU. I'm watching it because it's entertaining.

So basically what I'm asking you is what do you think of the contestants and who do you think is going to win (assuming that it's a legitimate contest and not fixed or something)?

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Much of what MM is actually what RJ did long ago, but Mystery has just refined it and changed it for club game while RJ is more day game suited.

Go look at RJ's old stuff and it's all there, even the Negs, which Mystery even states that Negs are to lower her value level to yours and DHV is to raise yours to hers.

Regardless, this stuff is all bogus. MM still hasn't gotten any of these guys a hot chick. The only kiss close was Kosmo with the drunk 6.5 in the club.

Guys, please cast aside these "crutches" and tricks and gimmicks as they will actually slow your progression more then help it.

Develop yourself, your inner game, your outer game. Become the type of Man that women dig. Her Knight in Shining Armor and not a peacocked Jester like these MM guys.

Did you see the fight outside?
Floss before or after?
Can I get a woman's opinion?
I only have a minute, but...
Let me show you "The Cube"

Lame, lame, lame.

Might work some with young, immature, LSE, drunk and drugged club chicks, but that's about it.

And for these guys, they're not even getting that.

They're getting number closes from 5's, venue changes from 6's, and a kiss close from a 6.5

Anyone can do that just by talking about anything with a girl, let alone employing some magical method that is supposed to get you hot chicks like 9's and 10's

I have yet to see any video of any guru cold-pulling a 9 or 10

Not a single one anywhere on the entire internet.
I would definetly agree. The closest thing to a 9 or 10 that I've even seen anyone on the show try to open was pradeep. He gets the boot b/c he favors his natural game over the bull**** that is getting feed to the other guys who still have not even shown an ounce of effort? Really his natural game, AMOG etc is more in tune with the bs world of PUA than mystery is comfortable with.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
Derek,

You're starting to sound like a broken record. We get it, you don't think Mystery Method is very effective and the show is validating that in your eyes.

I don't use MM. I don't like the gimmicks. I agree with most (if not all ) of what you said is important to "having good game".

However, this is a tv show. I'm not watching it to learn PU. I'm watching it because it's entertaining.

So basically what I'm asking you is what do you think of the contestants and who do you think is going to win (assuming that it's a legitimate contest and not fixed or something)?
Are we not allowed to criticize the MM on this thread?

I'm trying to keep guys from making the mistake that the MM will help them when in reality, it will hurt them in the long run if their goal is to become a Man of high value, as opposed to giving the illusion of being a Man of high value.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen any of this 'cause I don't have cable, but the descriptions make it sound like some soap opera gossipy women would be inclined to get into. Might there be a different audience for it than we think?

The Kidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
^umm maybe u shuld watch the show coz u're totally off

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Are we not allowed to criticize the MM on this thread?
No man, if you want to criticize the MM, go ahead because I agree with you. All I'm saying is I don't take the show seriously. I think it's funny. I just wanted to know what you think of all the drama.

No worries

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's old news to say that MM is not very effective in the long run.
PU is not about lines and techniques, it's about developing a strong frame and understanding so you can do anything and have it work. All truly succesfull guru's know this (TD, David D, Pook, random natural), that's why you shouldn't listen to MM (it's got some fun stuff you can use, but it's very limited overall)

But the show is quite entertaining so I'll watch it to the end.

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
According to TD "However I still recommend training with Erik as it is an invaluable resource."

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode! The reward challenge of stopping girls on the bridge looks funny!

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brady? In the limo?!

Here are my odds for the final:

Kosmo: 3-2
Brady: 7-2

Kosmo is the big fave IMO. I've tried looking for official numbers, but can't find any on this show. Unless someone else knows?

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude the girls these guys are talking to are ugly as hell I have yet to see a 9 or 10 hell I havnt even seen an 8 yet, these guys have no game an AFC using regular interveiw AFC PU can get better results then them just buy talking to average looking women. Did anyone seriously look at the women they attempted to talk to on the moving target challenge, I almost threw up and there openers where horrible I cant believe they still use that prehistoric crap. This show is actually making the community look so bad. On the plus side at least Joe D is gone.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agent Zero said:
This is lame, so they are going to teach some other AFC in the finals and they don't even have their game straight yet.
It may be lame but you better game when you teach the same....

Alright, now that was lame..... :p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
Here are my odds for the final:

Kosmo: 3-2
Brady: 7-2

Kosmo is the big fave IMO. I've tried looking for official numbers, but can't find any on this show. Unless someone else knows?
I'm with 'ya about Kosmo, he wants it more. He wants it so bad that he's forgotten that he's self conscious about his lack of self confidence. Funny what happens when you are truly passionate about achieving a goal.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I'm with 'ya about Kosmo, he wants it more. He wants it so bad that he's forgotten that he's self conscious about his lack of self confidence. Funny what happens when you are truly passionate about achieving a goal.
Exactly. He's not "results oriented." The process is the prize.