Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Rationalize it however you like, but the fact that these guys aren't pulling any chicks, let alone HB 9's and 10's after a month of MM is a disaster IMO

Also, I've read Mystery's new book as well as some of his other work, so I'm quite familiar with MM as well as the M3 model so I do have some knowledge of what MM is about.

I've also attended a 2 hour lecture he gave at Project SF a while back as well.

I'm very open minded - if Mystery can get one of the two guys I mentioned an HB 9 or 10 using his method, on the up and up, then I will be the first to apologize and may even spend the money for his WS, although I don't think he even teaches them anymore, his top students do.

Mystery may be promoting a new lifestyle, but he's still teaching lying, dishonesty, manipulation, and even acting feminine by "peacocking" and acting gay and even encouraging his students to say they are gay, using makeup, fingernail polish, growing his hair long, overly accessorizing, and other female tricks and tactics.

Women want Men, not Men who look and act like Women.

Like I said, personally I like the guy, but I think his tactics are one big fraud that any woman of substance will see right thru.

If you want drunken club chicks who hook up with random guys nearly every weekend, then MM is probably great, but I've been there and done that, and want something more than that.

Yes, I still do the club thing occasionally, or more like the upscale lounge type places as they tend to attract women of substance and character and not so much the party/club chick AW

Francisco d'Anconia said:
Agreed, they could have access to more information if they'd search for it online. The only problem is that they would probably need more direct guidance in order to fully grasp the concepts.

I don't think so. If you consider that his market isn't guys who already know about MM. For the AFC's who have disposable income which they primarily use for their Warcraft or Second-Life accounts, his tutelage would be a godsend to them. This may be justification for their tears in that one particular episode.

Actually he's promoting a lifestyle of confidence and achievement which could lead to HB's at whatever level. Reading his complete work and not just his short snippets and articles you can see that his focus is on inner character (no, I do not work for the guy :p).

I'm guessing that Pradeep is the Indian looking guy with the glasses. I think that the woman in the coffee shop was vibing him. Not to say that she was a HB but I think that he would be capable of possible going further with her.

I think that title will sell more than one professing to build a guy's self-esteem and character.

I think you can find some excerpts of his seminar work online. After reviewing it you will really wonder just how much tutelage these guys are getting from him on the show. From watching what they are doing and comparing it to what MM is all about, those guys haven't learned a fraction of a percentage of what MM is all about.

Nah, that's not what MM is all about. SS on the other hand is more about subterfuge IMO. But you need to understand that most guys are desperate and want to see an immediate improvement so having them memorize a few lines (routines) makes them feel a little more competent. You can even see it in this forum where guys want the immediate fix instead of working on authentic game.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but eventually the glue keeping the bandage on dries up and the bandage falls off revealing a half healed scab with some sort of infectious yellow-green puss seeping out. Do you put on another bandage or do you squeeze out the puss?
OR do you jettison the metaphor before it makes me physically ill? :eek:

Good point, though I still think there's value in this micromanaged game style. It's really REALLY easy for someone to say "BE A MAN" or "DON'T SUPPLICATE" but that doesn't make any sense to someone whose whole being is wimpy and supplicative (?). It can become a crutch but it's better than stumbling in the dark.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
...Also, I've read Mystery's new book as well as some of his other work, so I'm quite familiar with MM as well as the M3 model so I do have some knowledge of what MM is about.

I've also attended a 2 hour lecture he gave at Project SF a while back as well....
So what did you get out of his books and his lecture? Has it worked for you?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanchai said:
OR do you jettison the metaphor before it makes me physically ill? :eek:
Sorry, I have a thing for imagery... :p

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what did you get out of his books and his lecture? Has it worked for you?
What I got out of it was that manipulative tactics, false opinion openers, "negs" and all that other BS does not make someone a DJ, which is what the purpose of this forum is or at least was at one time.

It's also my goal, my purpose and that of many others, and they are getting derailed by MM and other shortcut methods which will actually stunt their progression because the techniques and tactics are crutches, and people become dependent on them.

There is a difference between a DJ and a PUA

To sum it up, read my sig below.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
What I got out of it was that manipulative tactics, false opinion openers, "negs" and all that other BS does not make someone a DJ, which is what the purpose of this forum is or at least was at one time....
I don't know about the seminar you went to but if that is all that you got from his books, I suggest that you take another really good look at them and read them thoroughly; there is so much more to it that you're not even acknowledging.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about the seminar you went to but if that is all that you got from his books, I suggest that you take another really good look at them and read them thoroughly; there is so much more to it that you're not even acknowledging.

Acknowledge what? Do you want me to go over every step of the M3 model?

The proof is his show on VH1 - these guys have been studying his method for over a month, getting hands on coaching and training from Mystery and his top students, and between all these guys, all they have to show for it is one make out with a drunk club chick who was at best a 7, and a coffee shop number close from a 5

Not very impressive. Would you drop 2K on a weekend Bootcamp based on those results?

I sure the hell wouldn't.

Yet you and other Mystery fans keep making excuses and rationalizations for why these guys, after a month, are not getting close to getting a HB 9/10 into bed.

Will one of these guys do so? Maybe eventually, but it will probably be one of the better looking guys.

Let's see the heavy set guy (Joe?) or Pradeep pull a 9/10 using MM

Until then, it's all hype.

Let's see some results instead of hearing excuses, which is something that you refuse to acknowledge.

IMO, the MM is being exposed as not being very effective, and on National TV to boot.

Perhaps he should be happy that not many people are watching.

Again, I personally like the guy having met him and talked game with him, but his method isn't very effective and will actually keep many people from progressing.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Acknowledge what? Do you want me to go over every step of the M3 model?

The proof is his show on VH1..
So tell me, when exactly has the M3 model, The Wingman Manifesto, Chick Logic or any of the other various "non-routine" information that is in MM been referenced on the VH-1 show?

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So tell me, when exactly has the M3 model, The Wingman Manifesto, Chick Logic or any of the other various "non-routine" information that is in MM been referenced on the VH-1 show?
Do you think that in one month of studying that these guys haven't learned or have been exposed to the MM?

While it might be impossible for Mystery to pass along everything he knows about game in one month, it is more than enough time to teach these guys what they need to know.

Do you think Mystery would put his name and reputation on the line and not give these guys his best material? Not give his full effort when the results will be there for all to see on National TV?

The book cover even says "You've seen the show, now learn the method"

He even gave one guy a routine that he's never even taught to anyone else if memory serves me correctly.

Results, not excuses are what counts.

Give me a month with these guys and I would have gotten at least one of them a F close by a 7 or better, as could anyone with any game.

Especially Alvaro/Kosmo and Brady, who should be able to get laid on looks alone or by "fool's mate" which is basically what happened with the 7 Alvaro/Kosmo made out with in the club as she was drunk and even admitted that the only reason she was talking to him was because of his looks.

All I hear from the Mystery defenders are excuses as to why these guys haven't managed to do more than make out with a drunk club chick who at best was a 7, and to get a phone number from a 5 after all this time to study and learn, and having Mystery and his top students give them feedback and advice and critique them.

Mystery is looking for a protege, someone to become a top PUA and MM instructor.

Why would he hold back anything? Doesn't pass the logic test does it?

If these guys can't pull HB 8's, 9's and 10's after a month of hands-on training, how will anyone else do so after spending a weekend and $2,000 for a weekend seminar?

Or by reading his book which states on the cover "The Mystery Method - How to get beautiful Women into bed"

So are you saying that his book doesn't teach the reader enough to "get beautiful Women into bed" either?

MM is mostly based on opening sets under false pretenses, raising your value with fake stories and other peoples routines, trying to lower her value with "negs", using other tricks, tactics and gimmicks, dressing like a fag, and other external BS

Results, not excuses is what I'm seeing from MM defenders.

Why does Alvaro/Kosmo still have AA after a month?

Maybe because MM focuses mostly on how other people perceive you and creating the illusion that the person is "High Value" when in fact they are not instead of addressing internal issues, like Approach Anxiety and its causes.

Kosmo/Alvaro also had AA in the coffee shop and he also didn't want to take part in the pool party even though he is in good shape and has the best physique out of all those guys.

Why hasn't this issue been addressed by Mystery and his Method?

Because MM is based on creating the illusion that you are something that you are not.

It may fool some women, but it won't let you fool yourself.

I'm sure the show will have a happy ending, where one of the guys meets a HB 9/10 and they end up together, maybe like Style and Lisa, but after a month of teaching and studying, these guys have nothing to show for it.

These guys are field testing the MM for all to see on National TV, and so far, it's been an utter disaster.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Do you think that in one month of studying that these guys haven't learned or have been exposed to the MM?....
Nope, if they had been exposed to any of the things other than what you've mentioned, they wouldn't have been reusing the same pick-up lines and routines.

Which brings me back to my original question, where exactly is the proof of the use of M3 that you've seen on the show? Other than just the mention of buzz words, what specifically have the guys done that goes beyond the fluff that you've been talking about? Feel free to use the examples that I previously listed.

Mr. Highroller

Don Juan
Reaction score
these guys were probably there for less then a month, my guess is 5 days. Most of these shows are filmed in about 3 weeks because of cost and ppl need to get back to work. they probably went on a field test every other day

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, if they had been exposed to any of the things other than what you've mentioned, they wouldn't have been reusing the same pick-up lines and routines.

Which brings me back to my original question, where exactly is the proof of the use of M3 that you've seen on the show? Other than just the mention of buzz words, what specifically have the guys done that goes beyond the fluff that you've been talking about? Feel free to use the examples that I previously listed.
I don't think you have a valid point as the book states that reading his book will get beautiful women in your bed, and the book is very basic MM material.

I don't know and neither do you what these guys are learning from Mystery, but logic says that Mystery isn't going to hold anything back as his reputation is on the line, and these guys are not getting results.

Either they are not being exposed to the necessary material, or it isn't working.

If these guys aren't getting results, you would think that Mystery wouldn't hold back anything. It doesn't make sense.

Regardless, the proof of the effectiveness of MM is being shown on National TV and so far, it's been a huge flop.

I've read his new book, and it doesn't give you much more than what these guys in the show are getting. Or at least that's the way it seems.

The main point is, that MM is based on false time constraints, false DHV, false opinion openers, false "negs", faking disinterest, etc...

There is little to the MM that is genuine.

Like his magic, MM is designed to create an illusion that the person practicing it is someone that he is not.

And why hasn't Mystery taught Alvaro/Kosmo to get past his AA, which is the easiest "inner" work to do on a student?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
...Either they are not being exposed to the necessary material,...
This is what I've been saying, it's readily apparent that these guys know only a fraction of the MM content. There are guys in this forum alone who have sucessfully used his concepts that go beyond the effortless mimicing of his appearance and generic routines.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
I wouldn't worry about it. All the "decision makers" at the network will do is turn this into yet one more opportunity to ridicule masculinity by making a mockery of Mystery Method and it's practicioners. Positive approaches to masculinity doesn't turn into advertising dollars - laughable, ridiculous attempts to understand women only to have them 'fix' these men and make them feminine does.
Funniest show on TV.

Christ RT you called it: I have never seen men cry so much in my life. I was crying too, because I was laughing so hard.

Mystery must have some hella good mascara because his didn’t run a bit when his waterworx began!!!

I’m gonna send ‘em an idea, hum…….what would be the perfect emasculating, capitulating idea….Oh, I got it…

Dr. Phil makes a surprise guest appearance to do an intervention on one of the “men” who, is secretly a closeted homosexual…..hum….wait….thinking….here….OH, and he “games” women because of his deep-seated hatred for women…..uh..becasue he secretly wants to be one himself….but he’s conflicted because why else would he dehumanize and disrespect women so much by “gaming” them?

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just caught the latest episode.....some thoughts:

-I'm rooting for these guys, I'm proud of the progress they've made. Pradeep man...cool! He was 10x more relaxed than he's ever been. Way to go with that girl.

Joe D has probably got the best all around game at this point. He could have easily esclated, kiss closed in that hot tub.

Brady I'm sort of losing confidence in. He seems to be like the guy that can stick his foot in the door, he can draw a girls attention, then the screen just goes blank.

Kosmo is so ****y and full of himself, yet he's really got nothing. So far on the show, the coolest and baddest guy there (the "latin lover") has gone blank, break dancing??..little if any club game (got a kiss close based on looks)..Joe D and Pradeep have progressed better.

Still...I'm definitely losing faith in the shows authenticity as time goes on. Very convenient to have a very dramatic ending, with all the guys crying! Very convenient to keep the wild card Pradeep in the mix...and he doesnt disappoint by adding some sparks.

I agree 100%...the MM is just a parlor trick. It's sleight of hand...rat tat tat....opener, neg, DHV.... boom, boom, boom, get the girl.

If these guys have crushing low self esteem...what's going to happen when they wake up in the morning next to a hot girl? Are they going to feel worthy after all the acroynms, after the earpiece comes out, being coached by Mystery or his wingmen?

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my favorite show.

Joe W was good but he was having a rough time getting rid of his "gay persona". I thought he would progress more but he didn't.

Kosmo I relate to the most. He's improving a little but he still seems to have alot of anxiety in the field. He needs to work through it.

Pradeep as of episode 5 looks very promising. His biggest problem is lack of social awareness (blocking out Fred) but he's naturally talkative so that will do wonders for him. If he follows Mysterys instructions he could very well win it. In the last field test he was really natural talking to that chick.

Brady I think will finish in the top 2. He's getting better but he seems to lack energy in the set. He also has a ways to go.

Joe D is definitely improving. He seems too friendly though, I think he needs to step it up and go for the IOI's more.

Honestly, it's anyones game right now.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kosmo "bounced" with two 5's to the coffee shop across the street.

Do two 5's equal one 10?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes! Pradeep's ass is finally eliminated, about damn time. The final three are Kosmo, Brady and Joe D.