Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mctwist4 said:
They kick someone off every week. Their friend was leaving.
I thought it was PMS.

Pissed off because
Mystery thinks that they
Suck as PUAs

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky said:
The guys crying was kind of sad, as in pathetic. You can see from that, that some of these guys have almost zero self esteem, which explains the lack of success they are having.
Also the lack of success that they'll ever have. These guys have emotional issues and should probably be talking to a therapist, or at least a realist, instead of mystery. None of these guys seem to have enough emotional maturity to handle the pick up game, imagine how bad it will be when they start dating.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The crying was pathetic,did'nt they know going into this 1 will get eliminated every week? They are getting filmed for the world to see and they still cry like little girls.If these guys cry for idiotic things like this they will go nuts if they ever get dumped.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
belividere said:
Also the lack of success that they'll ever have. These guys have emotional issues and should probably be talking to a therapist, or at least a realist, instead of mystery. None of these guys seem to have enough emotional maturity to handle the pick up game, imagine how bad it will be when they start dating.
I think that one guy has a girlfriend in Warcraft.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few (very) random things I've noticed:

"Nice Guys" (and most of these really are genuinely nice guys), tend to exhibit decidedly feminine mannerisms & characteristics. Hence the propensity to cry and get emotional.

I suspect that the producers may be trying to hang on to Pradeep since he's great for ratings. They might have planted or coached that girl. They could have conceivably coached Joe last week to choose Pradeep as his wing in order to protect him. Just speculationg here...

What was with the love-fest when Pradeep returned to the room where they guys were? They welcomed him with such enthusiasm that he and Big Joe ended up dry-humping on the floor! I found that scene to be a little disturbing. :crazy:

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I might add that I can understand the high emotion. These guys came into this experience bewildered as to how to relate to women and have self-confidence in general, and now they're getting their very first taste of success. A whole new world is opening up for them, with new possibilities that they never even conceived of before.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Geez, are you all heartless bastards or what? Its not like they were sobbing all over the carpet! They were just sad to see yet another of their close friends leave. Its probably only really hitting them NOW, since there aren't many of them left.

If you were going through a life-changing experience with 4 or 5 of your closest friends, wouldn't you want them to stay with you till the end? You're growing and sharing your life with these guys, they understand you in a way few people ever will. I know I'd want MY friends with me all the way, and if they couldn't continue on with me, I'd feel pretty tore up about it. Compare it to serving in the army together. Picking up girls isn't anything close to putting your life on the line for your country, but the fellow soldiers that you trained with, that you lived and ate and slept with, that were with you down on the ground in the enemy territory... those guys are your closest mates. Someone getting eliminated on the show is like one of your war buddies getting wounded and air lifted out of the battle.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Please, these guys are getting plenty of coaching from Mystery, not to mention that they are studying his method daily.

The fact that they are not getting results doesn't reflect well on Mystery.

Someone mentioned Spoon. Spoon was booted early on, so I wouldn't expect him to have gotten much exposure to the MM, but still you would think that after 4-5 weeks of studying MM and having Mystery coach them that they would get waaaaay more exposure and instruction to MM than the average WS student would, yet none of these guys have managed to kiss of # close anything higher than a 7, and that's being a bit generous.

Alvaro/Kosmo is a good enough looking guy, so he should be able to make out with drunken 7's at nightclubs almost by default, or "fool's mate" as Mystery would say.

I wish these guys the best, but just don't think MM is all that great, and we're seeing that fact being played out on National TV on a weekly basis.

Sure, one of these guys, probably Alvaro/Kosmo and/or Brady will probably get a F close eventually, but it will be more based on their looks than anything else.

If the fat kid of Pradeep can legitimately F close a 9 or 10 as a direct result of MM, then I'll be the first one to sign up for a WS

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Please, these guys are getting plenty of coaching from Mystery, not to mention that they are studying his method daily.
I don't think so, they could have learned more from this site in the same amount of time. They aren't getting the entire MM, it shows. After a handful of shows they are still using things that they could probably learn in a weekend. Plus, why would Mystery allow the heart of his method be shown on television? Where's the money in that?

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun Tzu said:
I might add that I can understand the high emotion. These guys came into this experience bewildered as to how to relate to women and have self-confidence in general, and now they're getting their very first taste of success. A whole new world is opening up for them, with new possibilities that they never even conceived of before.
And that is the point of my post a few back. They are supposedly getting opened up to this whole new world but their fvcked when they move on and the think that the mystery bandaid is going to cover up their true lack of confidence. Instead of making out with fruit and watching girls dance in lingerie these guys should be practicing rejection with the two paid *****s. I could find a random group of boy scouts who have tighter game (and act less like *****es) then the guys on this show.

To me this show really draws out the differences of the methods of this site vs the pua oriented sites. Here there is much more emphasis on manning up to things and pushing yourself to do your best. In the pua world it really seems more like pick up some tricks and routines so you can have a 10 min convo with a girl who if she is easy (or dumb) enough might led to some action. And wtf is up with pua slang? Mystery and his funboys sound like fools speaking clingon. I'll get back to this.

All these guys are learning is to put girls on an even higher pedestal than they already had them on. Any of you guys remember the commercials from the 80s, "I'm drinking milk and one day...". To me that is the mentality of this show. I'm learning tricks and one day I'm gonna get back at all the girls who wouldn't talk to me before. After a couple of years of ons and 2 week relationships they go back to square one. Anyone can dress like a fool and make small talk with strangers if they are willing.

Back to mystery though I do gotta respect the guy. Not really for his pickup technique since most any frat boy can do as well as he does, but for his ability to market himself. He started as a geeky magician who couldn't get laid according to him. Well magic is more performance and marketing than skill. He knows that and used it to make his name in the geeky internet world of seduction. He has managed to parlay that success into a tv show. I think the show is an embarrassment but it is great marketing.

The real interesting question for me is at the end of this season of the pick up artist what will happen to mystery. This could propel him into the mainstream if the show keeps going or could land him an even better deal as a columnist (a pickup version of ann landers). Or it could completely backfire on him and ostracize him from both the community and mainstream culture. The guy definitely has balls though for taking the risk and that to me is going to be the best lesson of the show.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
If you were going through a life-changing experience with 4 or 5 of your closest friends, wouldn't you want them to stay with you till the end? You're growing and sharing your life with these guys, they understand you in a way few people ever will. I know I'd want MY friends with me all the way, and if they couldn't continue on with me, I'd feel pretty tore up about it. Compare it to serving in the army together. Picking up girls isn't anything close to putting your life on the line for your country, but the fellow soldiers that you trained with, that you lived and ate and slept with, that were with you down on the ground in the enemy territory... those guys are your closest mates. Someone getting eliminated on the show is like one of your war buddies getting wounded and air lifted out of the battle.
These guys have probably been together for like two weeks at this point if they are each others closest friends by this point then they have problems. I left were I grew up (a tight urban community in my early 20's and left people I grew up with my whole life - the kind of close friends that would take a bullet) and didn't cry like these actors.

All I did was leave my friends and family for an opportunity big deal. I work with about 20 people who moved half way around the world by themselves and they might get a little homesick but they dont turn into emotional wrecks over it.

And getting the boot off of a reality show is hardly anything like going to war. Guys in war zones become tight because they know that at the drop of a hat they could be dead or watch their brigade die. That is a little more serious than a group of geeks you meet on a reality show who cant approach girls. Not even considering the fact that with each person besides you leaving you get that much closer to a cash prize, you aren't worried about getting your fvcking head shot off across the globe for less than minimum wage.

This show at best is comparable to a group of geeks rushing a frat because they want to one day be cool. Kind of like a reality tv version of the revenge of the nerds.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Its because you were probably never as big a pvssy as these guys started off as. Plus, with the short time they've been together, the feelings are all concentrated.

We don't know for a fact how long they were in the house together, and we weren't there, so what we don't see in the final cut of each episode is anyone's guess. You make it seem like a strong bond can't be built in a short time. That's total BS. While it is a lot less likely than a relationship built over time, its completely possible that these guys could've all struck a cord with each other because of their similar predicament. They've all faced the same challenges with women, although in different forms. That allows them to instantly have a very deep understanding of each other, and it accelerates their bonds into tightly knit threads.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I don't think so, they could have learned more from this site in the same amount of time. They aren't getting the entire MM, it shows. After a handful of shows they are still using things that they could probably learn in a weekend. Plus, why would Mystery allow the heart of his method be shown on television? Where's the money in that?
The money is that people would be buying his book and signing up for his Workshops if these guys were getting results.

These guys, especially Alvaro and Brady, should at least be F closing 7's and 8's by now.

He doesn't need to have his material exposed on TV, just exposed to the guys on the show.

This show is a disaster for Mystery from a marketing viewpoint.

His method promises to get 9's and 10's into your bed, yet these students who are getting hands on instruction on how to become a MM protege and are studying the method night and day aren't doing much better than the average AFC is doing.

Like I said, let's see if the fat kid (sorry, I don't know his name? Joe?) or Pradeep F close a chick like the Blonde or the Brunette who were in the kissing contest using MM out in the field and I'll be a believer.

I'm sure either one of the two better looking guys will eventually pull a HB 8 or so, but by now, after a month, you would think these guys would be much further along.

Like I said, this show is a disaster for Mystery from a marketing standpoint and he lost the potential to make a fortune on his book if these guys were pulling HB 9's and 10's

The cover of his book states "How to get beautiful women into bed"

And, if these guys can't pull HB's after a month of studying MM day and night, getting hands on teaching and feedback from Mystery and his top teachers, then what can someone expect from a weekend seminar?

Who is getting better MM training? The guys on the show, or someone who attends a weekend seminar, most likely not even taught by Mystery but one of his "top students"?

I say the guys on the show are, yet after a month, even the better looking guys like Brady and Alvaro/Kosmo still haven't F closed any chicks, let alone any "beautiful women" as touted by his book.

MM is more hype and hope and is based on tricks and gimmicks and fake dishonest tactics like "False time constraints" "Opinion openers" that you don't care about the answer but are using as a trick to open, "Negs" which are designed to lower a woman's value, "Accomplishment introductions" that are fake ("This is my friend Mystery. He levitated over Niagra Falls") and more.

How do you expect to build any kind of relationship with a woman of any worth when it is based on lies, tricks, gimmicks and other dishonest behavior?

Dr. Jim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you detect like almost a faulter in Mystery's voice after Joe D was said:
"Everyone cares so deeply for every one sitting here."

And Mystery replies,
"Now you know how tough it is for me..."

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
belividere said:
And that is the point of my post a few back. They are supposedly getting opened up to this whole new world but their fvcked when they move on and the think that the mystery bandaid is going to cover up their true lack of confidence. Instead of making out with fruit and watching girls dance in lingerie these guys should be practicing rejection with the two paid *****s. I could find a random group of boy scouts who have tighter game (and act less like *****es) then the guys on this show.

To me this show really draws out the differences of the methods of this site vs the pua oriented sites. Here there is much more emphasis on manning up to things and pushing yourself to do your best. In the pua world it really seems more like pick up some tricks and routines so you can have a 10 min convo with a girl who if she is easy (or dumb) enough might led to some action. And wtf is up with pua slang? Mystery and his funboys sound like fools speaking clingon. I'll get back to this.

All these guys are learning is to put girls on an even higher pedestal than they already had them on. Any of you guys remember the commercials from the 80s, "I'm drinking milk and one day...". To me that is the mentality of this show. I'm learning tricks and one day I'm gonna get back at all the girls who wouldn't talk to me before. After a couple of years of ons and 2 week relationships they go back to square one. Anyone can dress like a fool and make small talk with strangers if they are willing.
I agree completely with your point. The problem with all that stuff is, you're just feigning everything - confidence, outgoingness, etc. Eventually, you're real personality is going to come out, and if you're really an uninteresting loser who lacks confidence, Mystery's teachings won't do much for you. There is no quick-fix to learning how to attract girls, and a lot of those guys on that show seem to believe that. Memorizing canned lines to get women is like putting a band-aid over a cut on that needs stitches. It might stop the bleeding, but it's not a long-term solution to the problem.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's sad that some of the guys are still using the canned stuff and I think it's even more sad that Mystery gets psyched about that.
Pradeep was pretty ok, this episode, he also talked a lot about other stuff than just routine, routine, routine. Even though the girl was average, he still got a #, not so bad for a loser like him.
Brady was using technique, technique, technique, but didn't know wtf to do.
It's clear that Mystery didn't teach these guys just a normal sequence of a guy and girl hooking up. No, instead he said: "Thou shall follow this map: "open, false time bs, attract, neg, qualify, routine, isolate, blablabla""

Just give the guys a natural way of doing things and let them build their own 'material' for it, instead of forcing canned shiit on them.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
The money is that people would be buying his book and signing up for his Workshops if these guys were getting results.
These guys, especially Alvaro and Brady, should at least be F closing 7's and 8's by now.
Agreed, they could have access to more information if they'd search for it online. The only problem is that they would probably need more direct guidance in order to fully grasp the concepts.
Derek Flint said:
...This show is a disaster for Mystery from a marketing viewpoint.
I don't think so. If you consider that his market isn't guys who already know about MM. For the AFC's who have disposable income which they primarily use for their Warcraft or Second-Life accounts, his tutelage would be a godsend to them. This may be justification for their tears in that one particular episode.
Derek Flint said:
His method promises to get 9's and 10's into your bed, yet these students who are getting hands on instruction on how to become a MM protege and are studying the method night and day aren't doing much better than the average AFC is doing.
Actually he's promoting a lifestyle of confidence and achievement which could lead to HB's at whatever level. Reading his complete work and not just his short snippets and articles you can see that his focus is on inner character (no, I do not work for the guy :p).
Derek Flint said:
Like I said, let's see if the fat kid (sorry, I don't know his name? Joe?) or Pradeep F close a chick like the Blonde or the Brunette who were in the kissing contest using MM out in the field and I'll be a believer.
I'm guessing that Pradeep is the Indian looking guy with the glasses. I think that the woman in the coffee shop was vibing him. Not to say that she was a HB but I think that he would be capable of possible going further with her.
Derek Flint said:
The cover of his book states "How to get beautiful women into bed"
I think that title will sell more than one professing to build a guy's self-esteem and character.
Derek Flint said:
And, if these guys can't pull HB's after a month of studying MM day and night, getting hands on teaching and feedback from Mystery and his top teachers, then what can someone expect from a weekend seminar?
I think you can find some excerpts of his seminar work online. After reviewing it you will really wonder just how much tutelage these guys are getting from him on the show. From watching what they are doing and comparing it to what MM is all about, those guys haven't learned a fraction of a percentage of what MM is all about.
Derek Flint said:
...MM is more hype and hope and is based on tricks and gimmicks and fake dishonest tactics like "False time constraints" "Opinion openers" that you don't care about the answer but are using as a trick to open, "Negs" which are designed to lower a woman's value, "Accomplishment introductions" that are fake ("This is my friend Mystery. He levitated over Niagra Falls") and more.
Nah, that's not what MM is all about. SS on the other hand is more about subterfuge IMO. But you need to understand that most guys are desperate and want to see an immediate improvement so having them memorize a few lines (routines) makes them feel a little more competent. You can even see it in this forum where guys want the immediate fix instead of working on authentic game.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
Memorizing canned lines to get women is like putting a band-aid over a cut on that needs stitches. It might stop the bleeding, but it's not a long-term solution to the problem.
You're right, but putting a band-aid on the cut is still better than bleeding to death.

Using canned RSD logic :))), these guys are going to do better with these routines than they would by themselves because they say the routines with more conviction than they would with improv material - because they know these lines WORK. Notice how they say "Oh yeah?" and "yeah..." after they drop an opener and the girl starts talking... it's because they're not ready for their own natural sh¡t yet. It'll come.

If you've ever relied on canned routines in your sarging life, you know what I'm talking about here.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanchai said:
You're right, but putting a band-aid on the cut is still better than bleeding to death....
Yeah but eventually the glue keeping the bandage on dries up and the bandage falls off revealing a half healed scab with some sort of infectious yellow-green puss seeping out. Do you put on another bandage or do you squeeze out the puss?

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Mystery's stuff, In my opinion, is for the guy who is "tabula rasa," or blank slate. The asia dude from so long ago washed out b/c you were throwing precisely his most direct fears at him and he didn't have the psychological gear to combat those fears or the ability to absorb what he needed to be taught.

Mystery and David D's stuff works BEST on people who have laid the psychological foundation to ADD new pieces of game to, like transformers or legos, or a solid house, not a total newb who has no sense of anything.

Imagine being a supreme geek, and then being asked to turn your whole world around 180 degrees? Few guys could do it that easily.

But imagine being a supreme geek, and working through some philosophies, some ideas, some concepts, AND THEN being told, "now you're a good carpenter, I, Mystery, will give you tools that you can use in various situations to assist you."

Most times David D's, Doc Loves, and Mystery's chuck this material at people not ready. They THINK they are ready, but they aren't.

For instance, have fat people envision a fun fat guy who had gotten chicks before. Or envision someone who wasn't PERFECTLY build, approaching women. They need a frame to reference. They also need to view themselves as only this person now, and that each little step is progress. Of course, throwing them right into a club and having them fail can have a positive or negative effect. A weak minded person may totally never return, while a strong person may enjoy it.

I bet said Asian guy is having a blast, b/c in hindsight, people now love him. His myspace page is overwhelmed with responses, and he is trying to get more media deals rolling. He's parlayed his fear into a career, all because people provided him with the opposite frame...He thought he was this geek whom nobody liked, then he gets off the show, and he's great.

It was like when I learned how to ride a motorcycle in Massachusetts. I'd never once in my life been, ever, so i took the safety course whereupon they grant you your license at the end. It's a 2 day course. 1.5 days of it is riding, and .5 days is written, easy crap. The first .5 day I was told if I didn't shape up, I'd fail the final. I didn't know I was so bad, and that's a low blow considering I paid out of my own pocket. Come the second day, I was the best rider. But I was operating out of a vacuum. I didn't know anything b/c I'd never done anything and my results were without measure since I'd never had anything or anyone to compare them to.

Everyone's FIRST introduction is often how we measure things. They can be changed, but we have to realize the first introduction isn't the concrete reality of a thing or situation, just a string of them. So if you enter a club you find alot of hot chicks, and never get one, it doesn't mean you won't next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For me at least, that's why NLP, psychology, Tony Robbins, and Hypnosis enabled me to add parts of others to my understanding of the game. It also gives you a 'sense of self.' If the only thing these guy know is entirely based on what Mystery tells them, there's no sense of ownership over the triumph, just the failure. It's a copycat. They can't build upon it or take pride in it. And if it was all based on copying someone, you will always be below someone, since it would be relative to time and delivery and looks.

By building the foundation of "self," you become more owned in you and the results. Moreover, these guys should lay out what they did to be come who they are...and then out line what they WANT and determine what path would get them THERE.

So if they are inactive fat lards...get active.
If they haven't cared about their looks, improve different areas. Outline how to do that.
Chunk it down (nlp term) into smaller bites and build from there.

Its simple, but not easy. Changing 1 habit into another means dedication to the formation of a new habit.

AS I see it, until you REALIZE/LEARN that you have full control over ALL your choices in life, 100% (which is normally beyond 18 for total control), you can't be held accountable. So while the past may paralyze people....it shouldn't own you or control you. It is NOT who you are. The WHO we are is not defineable, except by us, so long as we are trapped by emotions, expectations, the past, present or future, we are not free. We are whatever THOSE things are. If we are mad...we are mad. If someone see's us lazy, we are lazy. WE DETERMINE our destiny.

A-Unit