• Ok idea...

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Matador and Mystery are not bad looking guys. If you look at their features they are actually a little above average. Mystery may need to beef up and quit wearing weird clothes, but he is far from ugly or obese or has fkked up teeth. Matador? What exactly is wrong with him besides trying to act too cool. JDog? Have you seen his MySpace? the chicks leaving comments are for the most part "Average". You'd think being on the cover of mags and being on VH1 alone would bring out the tons of "attentions *****s" usually ready to get with anyone with a bit of fame.

Can't see how someone spending $5,000 on a weekend with Mystery is going to have much success unless he has a decent foundation.

Was it a coincidence that me and another friend called the 2 finalist from the very begining? I am not suprised at all. As for Fat Joe,they kept him in order to make Fat guys still watch. The other Joe had much more potential. Do you really think a woman likes to sink her hands in an armful of blubber where the guy has bigger tits than her and she can't find his dikk cause the fat is covering it. Few guys have fat fetishes, but that's because they want the biggest a** and Breast they can get their hands on. Also, what girl wants to kiss a guy whose mouth looks sort of gross to kiss? Unless fat Joe pretends to be a Soprano or has loads of money,he'll be in friend zone too.

Pradeep was really kept for ratings too. He was more in friend zone and little brother zone than anything. Why is it so many people called the shots at the begining of the show?

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus, I don't think I've ever seen anyone like you before. You say confidence is all it takes. You're here literally for over a year,all the time. You would think you would have picked up some courage to get out there with all of what you know. So if you know where the "gold" is, why aren't you digging it up? In other words, if you say confidence is all you need what's taking you so long ? You mean in all this time you've never gone up to hot girls and talked? asked for a date? What does your therapist say? Not to be a jab. But your fears of hot women are so unreasonble, you need to talk to someone.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp and a therapist. You need more than bootcamp. But I think after that you'll be alright. No disrespect, but have you ever been diagonosed with anything?Anxiety?

The severity of your fears are probably why some women feel uncomfortable with you. It could come off as conceit or social issues.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
So to summarize, looks matter because he looks like a "fuccking stuffed chicken"? What? If looks mattered, Mystery would look like Johnny Depp, Matador would be the spitting image of Brad Pitt, and J-Dog would make George Clooney look homely. IF looks mattered, of course.

Equating appearance with looks? A very common mistake.
Sidenote: I think Mystery looks like that "MindFreak" MF.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Nope. I used to have depression, but that's it. It sounds stupid, but I'm pretty sure the majority of my phobia stems from a very humiliating public rejection in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Maybe I've gotta get hypnosis or something.

You have to do something. You have a phobia and noones' going to feel comfortable around you n the same way you feel uncomfortable around hot women.

Yeah. I get the arrogant/stuck-up thing a lot. Really though, man. I just have a twisted perspective on women in general. When hot chicks come in to the place I work, I do all I can to try to get somebody else to help them which sometimes includes begging or the promise of monetary compensation. We should stop hijacking the thread, but I appreciate the real, human interaction instead of the usual "Deus is an ugly homo" banter.

So when hot chicks come in you do whayever you can to avoid them like a plague. Body languange has a lot to do with how people perceive you. I think if a woman is comfortable with you,you will do great. But with vibes like a conceited supermodel, do you wonder why you have little success the types of girls you want?

My analogy about you stays the same. You are like the guy with a great resume who has a phobia of getting an interview with a really great company and would rather stay in his comfort zone of a company that will do nothing for his future. All the while complaining to anyone who'll listen his skills and resume have nothing to do with opening doors for him.

Or the pretty girl who gets all nervous around ceratin men, so she comes off as a snob to guys she is really interested in. Ironically,she can easily talk to guys she thinks are gay or goofy because she has nothing to lose since she has no attraction to them. I've known girls who had huge crushes on certain guys, but when they were around the guys they had crushes on their attitude changed and "hands off" "byotch"signals were high. Then they wondered why this guy did'nt come on to them. Meanwhile they act nice to everyone, but the guy they are interested in.

Noone is a mindreader.
Lots of men like to be given a clue the women they are intersted in have interest in them too. If she acts stuck-up and avoids him how is he supposed to know she really likes him? same deal with you!

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What was that whole scene on the bridge? What a load of garbage.

Those guys were TERRIBLE. I can't believe these guys are supposed to have been for PUA training.

And what is with the girls on the bridge? All fuglies for the most part. Typical dumpy American chicks. I thought Austin was supposed to have hot girls???

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never said you were fug. But I did say you're chocker came off as gay.
I think you need to learn how to relax. You're too uptight around women and they feel it. They are just getting the exact oposite message then what is really going on in your head though.

You don't realize the potential you have. You never will till you do something drastic or get yourself the world's cutest dog . You now have used your defense mechanism to reject them before they reject you through your body language.Pretty sad since you come off as a really decent guy even though I do argue with you sometimes.

. But you put up such a shield when it comes to beautiful women,unless the girl is super agressive or has super high self esteem she's gonna back off. The sadder part is your outer package makes them pay attention to you,but instead of seeing that as a positive you've convinced yourself it's not so .
From Yahoo News Today.

Andrea Thompson
LiveScience Staff Writer
LiveScience.com Tue Sep 18, 10:40 AM ET
Whether we're looking for someone to date or sizing up a potential rival, our eyes irresistibly lock on to good-looking people, a new study finds.

Participants, all heterosexual men and women, fixated on highly attractive people within the first half-second of seeing them. Single folks ogled the opposite sex, of course. But those in committed relationships more often eyed beautiful people of the same sex.

"If we're interested in finding a mate, our attention gets quickly and automatically stuck on attractive members of the opposite sex," explained study leader Jon Maner of Florida State University. "If we're jealous and worried about our partner cheating on us, attention gets quickly and automatically stuck on attractive people of our own sex because they are our competitors."

Maner's research is based on the idea that evolution has primed our brains to subconsciously latch on to signs of physical attractiveness in others, both to find a mate and to guard him or her from potential competitors.

But this evolutionary trick is not without potential romantic peril. Even some people in committed relationships had trouble tearing their eyes away from attractive members of the opposite sex. On the other hand, fixating on attractive people of the same sex as rivals could contribute to feelings of insecurity.

Maner found that men prone to jealousy kept a close eye on attractive potential rivals.

"When it comes to concerns about infidelity, men are very attentive to highly attractive guys because presumably their wives or girlfriends may be too," he said.

Maner's experiments, which flashed pictures of attractive men and women and average-looking men and women in front of participants and measured the time it took to shift their attention away from the image, surprisingly showed little difference between the sexes.

"Women paid just as much attention to men as men did to women," Maner said.

The study is detailed in the September issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

Take a deep breath and relax dude. You'll find that many women will want to take that journey with you if they know it will be enjoyable. But a stiff,uptight guy is not painting a good picture.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds stupid, but I'm pretty sure the majority of my phobia stems from a very humiliating public rejection in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Maybe I've gotta get hypnosis or something.
It not only sounds stupid, it is complete BS.
In all this time you've been on these boards, have you still not realised that your life is all about how you interpret reality?

You mean in all this time you've never gone up to hot girls and talked? asked for a date?

Nope. Can't do it. I've been literally offered cash to do it, and I still can't. Some kind of mental block or something.

What does your therapist say? Not to be a jab. But your fears of hot women are so unreasonble, you need to talk to someone.

That's true. Nobody's been able to help me so far, but if and when I break up with my girlfriend I plan on throwing myself into a boot camp the next day.
When is the time that you're going to stop making excuses about your confidence issues and just say: "FUUCK THIS BS, I'M GOING TO THROW MYSELF OUT THERE AND MAKE THIS SHIIT HAPPEN FOR REAL, NO MATTER WHAT."
When is the time that you're going to get your pathetic little ego out of the way and go crash and burn untill you learn your lessons, thereby gaining access to a life that is fulfilled and full of core confidence?

You don't need no person or bootcamp to fix you. You need to fix yourself. All these things about getting good with women are meant to be done by you and only you.

BTW: How someone looks is determined by his genetics and his appearance. You probably mean genetics is someones looks.
I know that bad looks don't exclude success with women. They do matter however. If you deny that you're being ignorant. A girl has a preference for handsome guys. That doesn't mean a ugly guy can't build attraction in a woman, but if an ugly guy and a handsome guy build the exact same amount of attraction in a woman (and both have the same benefits, background details etc), the woman is going to choose the handsome man. Why, because you get socially accepted faster with a handsome man with you vs. an ugly man. Simple as that.

I believe your real point is: "Good looks don't guarantee women and bad looks don't exclude them either."
This is a correct observation. However, it is by no means the same as saying that looks don't have an influence in a womans mating choice. Looks always have an influence, just like appearance, sexuality and so much more factors.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Social proof and acceptance go a long way with women.
My uncle is an immigration lawyer who does a lot of K-1 Visas. He also knows a lot of other immigration lawyers including John Roth who probably does the most.

What they found is after 5 years there is a high rate of failure to mail order bride marriages. Or a lot of unhappy brides with little skills, but really nowhere to go because the American guy she thought was loaded has no money for alimony.Contrary to what agencies try to tell you.

Back in their country the man has social proof simply because he's an American. So if she's dating her grandpa it's ok. He's a rich American guy and therefore looks special and she's getting praised for her catch.

Girl comes to the U.S. and after a few years realizes most people are sort of laughing at her and grandpa. He now becomes a below average guy she would not give the time of day to had she previously lived here. His advantage of "social proof "is gone! Not his confidence . His social proof.

Girl begins to feel more embarrased then proud as people begin to act like there is something seriously wrong with her to have settled for this when she can do much better.

Someone may say these marriages are lasting about 5 years Pass green card stage.So how can it be that bad ? Well first off what choice do many of these women have to leave right after green card? Most likely she can barely speak English or hold a job that can support her and still send money back home to family that has come to expect it. So they stay till they can learn English, drive,get a good job,have friends. then adios!

The ones that usually work for the long run are the ones where "daddy Warbucks" has the cash, or the groom is similar age and not too far beneath her looks. So these guy's social proof translates across continents.
Most girls who are not suffering from extreme low self esteem will eventually know their worth in the dating and marriage market. People's reactions to who they date or marry will have influence.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ricorico said:
Social proof and acceptance go a long way with women.
My uncle is an immigration lawyer who does a lot of K-1 Visas. He also knows a lot of other immigration lawyers including John Roth who probably does the most.

What they found is after 5 years there is a high rate of failure to mail order bride marriages.
What is the rate of failure? You say it is a "high rate". Can you quantify that? After all there is a "high rate" of failure of marriages IN GENERAL. How much more is that for these MOBs?

Moreover, what makes you think that failure is a result of the factors you stated? Could it not be because of a difference in culture? values? being away from home and her famiy? and just a general difficulty in settling down in the USA.

I am not saying you are wrong in your assessment as to the reasons why these types of marriages don't work. But, I think there could be more to it than you think.

You say she marries "grandpa" and ok, there are 60 year old guys that marry 20 year olds and bring them over. And any guy who does that is asking for trouble. I would say most of these marriages are with the woman with a 10 to 20 year age difference. Hardly a deal breaker. There are many, many succesful marriages with that kind of difference.

I think the reasons these marriages don't work are more complex than what you are making it out to be.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matador throughout the show looked totally try hard. J-Dog at first looked like a douche, but you can tell he's got charisma and confidence. Mystery you'll see loses value to J-Dog, and always looks for J-Dog's approval.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He says rate after 5 years as high as the rate here.My uncle will tell you it's usually the guys fault. The women really don't understand how difficult life is in the U.S. They think guy has disposable income. Meaning house and cars payed for. Child support and kids from previous marriages can bring along jealousy and anger too .

Then some of these guys are marrying women who would never look at them twice had she previously lived here. But a lot of these couples jump the gun and don't really know each other well before they marry. as my uncle will say, how many Americans would marry each other after they have had a couple of weeks face time ,trouble understanding each other's language . To top off cultural differences. Then having 90 days to decide to marry her as she and he are going through an adjustment period.

Lots of the guys think with the little head because they are starved for attention.
The ladies from the Soviet Union and the Ukraine are usually the most unhappy. Unless of course their husband is loaded.They like nice designer clothes ,vacations and compare notes of who'se husband is better off financially.

The latinas, if she's young beautiful and gets a lot of attention be careful. They love attention and if they can upgrade they will. Social proof is very important to latinas as their culture is very classist. Better have a real good career to keep them iof you want young and sexy. Many Latinas will even become strippers when they reach the U.S. if their husband is'nt making enough money to support them. My uncle had an incident where the girl left after a couple of months here and the guy was trying to get her deported.

He had gotten her a job at Wendy's or something(because she was unskilled and just got here) and the other latins there were laughing at her(so she would say). They thought she had married a white guy and should be living the good life. Yet,she was there struggling just like them to make extra bucks to send back home. That seemed to embarass her.

She met another guy and left. He suspected she was stripping somewhere. My uncle told him there is nothing he can do . Once she is lost in the U.S. there is no way you can get her to go back home if she does'nt want to!

Thai women, also have issues.

The most success will come with the Filipinas. They are very family oriented and will risk a lot and put up with a lot of BS to make sure their families back in the Phillippines are well taken care of. As usually it is the poorer ones who will marry American men,who will usually inherit a monthly payment to help the family.. The rich Filipinas most likely will not marry an American and never an older one with average income. Filipinas are not usually "attention *****s" like latinas and not into designer stuff like Eastern Europeans. Generally Filipinas will find men with Western features more attractive ,so the attraction level may be more genuine. The latinas and Esatern Europeans will know the guy is fug. But if he makes real good money, they'll let the fug slide.

Also,Filipinas are least likely to file false domestic dispute charges. The Eastern Europeans are great at doing that so they can get out of the marriage before the 2 year green card.

On the whole I believe what my uncle and his law associates are saying. They deal with a lot of these marriages. They say the guy is usually to blame for a lot of what happens. Many dupe the girls with false stories of their homes,money,ect. Girl of course is poor and never dreamed she'd get this chance. She falls in love with the "lifestyle " she and her family are expecting more than the actual man usually. The BS factor is high.

Then you factor in the fact many of these guys could'nt reel in Fat Bertha let alone sexy Olga. Sexy Olga begins to see her guy has absolutely no social proof in America. even fat Bretah laughs at her when she hold hands with her man sho tries to convince her "fat Bertha" is just jealous. But after awhile, she sees through that too.

Then she notices there are tons of guys with social proof all around wanting her. It could be her new boss who drives the Mercedes or the Lawyer friend she knows who gets respect everywhere he goes.

So the key is, have social proof everywhere you go and she will always be interested.

But the postal 40 year old social worker marrying that hot Brazilian 22
may soon realize he does not have what it takes to hold her.

Remember when in Rome, do as the Romans do. So when you are in their country .you're in charge because the men there rule. Men cheat, there is a shortage of good men so the women are literally grovelling for you.

But bring her back here and she'll notice the shift. Good men with great careers are everywhere because the U.S. is the land of opurtunity. She'll take hers when she can too. Just like everybody else.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland said:
I believe your real point is: "Good looks don't guarantee women and bad looks don't exclude them either." ....
How the fvck can that be???!!! That would mean that guy's couldn't play off better looking guys success to their looks nor play off their own lack of success to their own looks???!!! :confused:

WHAT'S FVCKING EXCUSE CAN A GUY USE???!!! :cuss:

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I realize it. I just can't seem to shake the look on that girl's face when she rejected me every time I consider approaching a girl in present day. It's like one of those subliminal single frames out of Fight Club, you know?
You may understand it on an intellectual level, but you clearly do not GET IT. It is not ingrained in your gut yet.

Good question. Except I've been rejected three times (one outright and two flakes), and I still relive them all. I don't know if repeated rejection is really the answer, here.
This is the problem, you still associate negative emotions with women rejecting you. It's a good thing to get rejected, it is feedback.
The question is: "What do you do with that feedback, what do you learn from it?"

Do you learn that approaching women is painful because they will reject you and it means loss in self-esteem?
Or do you learn that it was your presentation and that particular approach that got rejected? (which is the truth)

Well, sometimes that's true. But deep down I know that I can get any chick I want, just like any other guy on this forum.
That's good, but remember, it's not what people can do, but what people will do, that counts.

I'm curious, what kind of material have you studied on PU besides the material on this website?

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude,

remember, noone can get any chick they want. Even the most beautiful woman in the world, cannot get anyone she wants.Sometimes we will be rejected but that's part of life and part of learning. If we got everything we wanted all the time, we would'nt strive to be better and life would get pretty boring.

But as Holland so wisely said, you learn from your mistakes. What you want to learn from it is up to you. But give yourself some responsibility for why the girls are rejecting you and FIX it! That's what this forum is all about. Learning to improve your game. The only way you will learn is through trial and error.

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
I subcribe to venusianarts emails and I got one today and I laughed my ass off when I read this:

P.S. If *YOU* want to become as good as Brady or Kosmo,
it's time to apply for a Venusian Arts Backstage Pass
before they are all gone... and learn from Mystery &
Matador, just like Fred, Spoon, Scott, Joe W, Pradeep,
Joe D, Brady, and Kosmo have...

http://venusianarts.c.topica.com/maahVMZabBpd4b9kmkTbaehtzV/

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
domino said:
I subcribe to venusianarts emails and I got one today and I laughed my ass off when I read this:

P.S. If *YOU* want to become as good as Brady or Kosmo,
it's time to apply for a Venusian Arts Backstage Pass
before they are all gone... and learn from Mystery &
Matador, just like Fred, Spoon, Scott, Joe W, Pradeep,
Joe D, Brady, and Kosmo have...

http://venusianarts.c.topica.com/maahVMZabBpd4b9kmkTbaehtzV/
Damn, that's the funniest thing I've heard/read all day.

Yes, I want to be as good as Kosmo, making out with drunken 6.5 LSE club chicks.

They call that success, I call that a bad night out at the clubs.

Python

Don Juan
Reaction score
The stuffs gone mainstream. I was in the bog in a bar about a month or two ago and out of the blue some guy says, " i'll give you a hint, when you approach a girl you like whose at a table with friends, completely ignore her, if she talks say she has something on her mouth - thats the neg etc". This in the middle of an average size town in SE. England. I knew then to focus on making my own strategy.