Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jray84 said:
hey guys i have a problem going on here. when i was 17 years old i was always the ladies man and i got alot of action. but at 17 i started bodybuilding and now im 21 years. i went from 175lbs to 260lbs with 11% bodyfat. As much as i love training and being big most girls that look at me think i look digusting and i have to much muscle. i have a few bodybuliding buddies i train with and they too get any women for the same reason. my friend Mark asked this hot girl why women don't like extremely muscular guys and she told him that guys that are that big usually have small penises. what kink of stupid assumption is that. i love bodybuilding but i don't want to continue doing it at the expense of not being able to get any women because they think i like like a steriod cercus freak. what's ya'lls opinion on the matter.
Post pics of your body(no homo),this is interesting....Maybe your body could be misshaped or your body fat may be too high,why do you think it's 11%?(Alot of people underestimate their bodyfat%).

GIRLS DO LIKE MUSCULAR GUYS! There is no question about that,I've seen it time & time again. Now what they don't like is when you take it too far as in EXTREME bodybuilding or your body fat becomes too high.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, it might be the opinion of the "average girl" but i have heard that opinion too... that many girls don't like guys who are like arnold.... they are more inclined to dig the brad pitt, keanu, gq kinda physique - sleek and tall and looking good in clothes rather than bulked up looking best in oil.

(tangentially related anecdote: i actually heard a news story on how the women in japan are more inclined to like a tom cruise physique rather than a vin diesel....)

i would imagine that you can alter your diet and routine to go for a sleek, muscular, low body fat - ripped to shreds look if you're finding that it is an opinion you run into constantly.

or, you can test out the theory of superior force needing superior force and go hit on the hottest super models you can find and see how that pans out.

delta

Labourer

Don Juan
Reaction score
you shouldn't worry about it mate! do it because you enjoy it and let no one change your interests because they don't necessarily agree with em, if the women don't like, then move on to someone who does, there are millions of women out there and you've only asked a small percentage, your find someone!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm. yes we do. I've had mine for six years now. :D

weight training is almost always motivated by some sort of insecurity, which is not a bad thing.

I see a lot of skinny guys at the gym training 'cause they're insecure about themselves with no girlfriend. I don't see any of the big guys at the gym without a wife or partner of some kind. I see a lot of skinny guys secure in themselves who don't work out, ever, and have girlfriends.

the simple conclusion is, being big does not necessary help or hinder your chances with girls, it's the character behind the muscles (or lack of them) which is the dominant factor. you can be huge, ripped and a total *******.. who's gonna want you?

sure you're gonna turn off some girls by being bigger than most. but you'd turn off some girls by being skinny. you'd turn off some girls by being ripped ("eww! abs! they look gross."). you'd turn off some girls by being in shape just because they'd think you'd spend more time on yourself and your body than you would paying them attention.

really, it's a very minor thing.

and if anyone's girlfriend/wife/partner tells them "you should look like such and such so you can be sexier" - find yourself a new woman. don't waste time on superficial *****es who don't think you're the sexiest thing alive, 'cause the connection is not right.

Themanthatcan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks arn't into beef cakes.It's about being RIPPED.Toned.Just don't workout for a while.Or try less weight more reps.(just what i've noticed)

Grimple

Don Juan
Reaction score
Telling this guy the girls are just intimidated is fine and dandy.. but have you guys and stopped to wonder if these girls really just don't like huge muscles. Stop making up excuses and just accept it. Not all girls are going to like you, or your build type. I liked the ass/tit analogy earlier. How much is too much? It fluxuates between person to person. I think if this guy is going to find a girl, he'd be better off finding one at the gym where he would be probably be more respected. The girl is stupid for thinking big guys have small penises, but hey her loss right? Don't worry about it too much. Keep on sarging, and if some ***** turns down just move on.

PigAdlemPimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
ill be honest..........if ur all muscle, u need to go for hb10s and hb10s only.........i seen it all the time in clubs, the HOTTEST SEXIEST girls are always with ****in BUFF as shyt guys.........go for the absolute best, they will love ur muscle
I don't only want HB10s, I want any in the top 30%, if I can't get a HB7-9, it is pointless doing it, sometimes I will prefer a HB8 over a HB10, so it is very important that I am able to sweep the entire board of the top 30% of HBs off their feet and the best way to do that is too be of a very strong and muscular build, but not to over do it, so that two thirds of the HBs whom I desire to fvck are too insecure to fvck me. :yes:

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you guys are trying to tell me only the very hot girls find muscles attractive but the modestly hot ones don't? :rolleyes: In other words the hotter a girl becomes the more attracted she will be by muscular guys.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite apprehension about buffing out is the "well chicks will think you will pay more attention to your body than to them..."

Uh yeah! No shyt Sherlock :)

If I don't pay attention to my body, if I don't put my heart and soul into making it the finest piece of machinery it can possibly be, who the hell else will? Surely not some crazy-ass AW broad who will probably be out of my life in a year's time.

So yes, I will always pay more attention to my body than some female piece of ass I've known for less time than it's taken me to get my physique to the point it has reached so far - our bodies are a life-long work in progress.

I would tend to think that the typical guy who pays more attention to the fleeting parade of women in his life than himself is truly this semi-mythical AFC creature!

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its the law of balance.
Thats the reasoning behind strictly HB10's and total Arnold's.

They're both the extreme's of their sexuality.
Extreme Feminity
Extreme Masculinity

Personally I find the majority of women more attracted to a great build, rather than an extreme. Like a swimmer, MMA fighter, GQ model, the new Jame's Bond, etc.. Anything beyond that is another category in their mind. And they think to themself... "I could never see myself w. such a man." And this thought is not necessarily born out of insecurity, as it is style. Women see things in senses of style. Like..."Would this go with this? That doesn't go with that! Ew, look at that b!tches earings, whats she thinking!?" lol, sh!t like that.

So to keep yourself in the mass category of appeal (if thats your goal)... model their models (so to speak). Cause thats what's defining their overall perspective of what's "hot." Look at it from a vision of hypnosis, and you'll understand the situation more. Its a matter of consensus, and the percentages of body types the machine gives the definition "attractive."

Simple as that. ;)

Captain Ramen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two notes:

1-when the chick said, big dudes have small wangs...if your friend had any balls he would have whipped out his trouser snake. Sounds like he is seeking a little too much validation from a chick. Are you?

2-Are you juicing brother? Hitting the gym, working out, getting big-those things are great...but chicks are scared of dudes on the juice because steroid freaks usually have a problem-'roid rage.

If you are happy with yourself at 260-find a chick at the gym. If you are under 6' you probably need to drop some weight man cause 260 is big. For your own health- stay off the juice.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, do and be as you will. but if you are thinking about going for the broadest appeal possible, consider:

again regarding MOVIE STARS - who do chicks go nuts over? it is almost NEVER arnold or stallone. again - brad, keanu, clive, jude, etc.

in fact, the only exception to this i can think of is THE ROCK. women do dig him....

in the olympics, it's NEVER the dead lift guy.... but the swimmer dude - women are allllll over that.

think on that because it's significant.

i like the post on how women think in terms of style. that makes sense to me.

delta

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Skip, if looks were 90% of the reason people get laid, YOU would NOT get laid period.
assume your right....

every girl skip layed thought he was good looking...

I CALL THAT A PARADOX!

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I seriously think most everyone who says this whole thing about looks is just a lil douche with a big ego who always has his d1ck in his hand....and "thinks" he gets laid frequently.

My gf's prbly one of the finest girls out there. Did my looks get her, maybe my looks worked 40% of the deal but what got her to love me is my personality aka "my game".

True i blurred out our faces for security reasons....but for instance in the pic i posted of us two, you cant see it but i have realllllly thin hair, which tanx god is getting better but thats one of my flaws (physical) do you see me bvtching about how my thin hair has effected my looks and therefore i cant get any "hot babes"

You have to learn to work with what you have, i seriously believe that men are able to go through major changes that make women go nuts. Juss stop bvtching about your looks, shvt !

Yall need to relax and think straight, even though im persian, back then ive dated many diff types of hot girls from many diff races.

I think that most you guys suck at finding girls, and juss look at some hoochie who wears a skirt up to her poonani and aim to "fvck" her. Obviously a girl like this is a floozie who will critique you on your looks.

plz calm down, you guys are putting wayyyyy to much value into the amounts you get laid. And are starting to get all bvtchy over your looks.

WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, And you douches who keep posting these stupid a$s threads that nothing matters more than how you look needa wake the fvck up, get out more, and stop bvtching like a dumbass.

Looks are essential but its not what gets you a girl.

Its funny cuz i only came to this site for fitness info, and info about LTR's yet mostly every douches dream on this site is to bang as many chicks as they can.

I think a don is a man of high value, who can keep one really hot girl and make her go crazy over him. A don aint some douche who keeps bvtching about physical traits when there is a solution to them.

Seriously stop bvtching.

tanx.

MIKE.T

Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
I said I'm not boinking them - if I was I wouldn't be on this site to begin with. I won't post my picture because, again, if I was confident enough to not care about others knowing I visit this site, I wouldn't be here. I don't want people knowing I come here, especially with 20k members, you never know who is reading your posts.

I'm no beginner, I've been with girls...

I used to be super confident...so confident I believed that every chick wanted me, and that if they didn't show it, it was because they were too shy to admit it. My confidence was through the roof, I had a huge social network, and I was constantly getting approached. I was literally the king of clubs...I'd walk into a club, and people knew me, they noticed when I walked through the door...the bartender (chicks) flirted with me. But that was all I knew - club/night game. By "game" I mean just walking in like I own the place, collecting eye contact from the hottest chicks and approaching. Most times I would just go and whisper gibberish in her ear and lead her to dance (ha, I couldn't even dance, no rhythm whatsoever). Heck, I used to do stupid stuff like just walk up to her and start sniffing her neck and saying how she smelled good...or just grabbing her drink and chugging it...she'd giggle and it would be on.

Then came a turn of events...I soon found myself in a new area with no friends, no girls approaching me, and since I knew no "game" outside the clubs, I got unconfident - fast. Fast forward a whole year, and I've become a complete loser. Barely know a few people, and can't muster the balls to do anything about these chicks showing me IOI's.

I'm not a model...I get a 9 on hotornot with 1000+ votes, if that counts for anything, which I honestly don't care for other than to mention it here. I think confidence is the biggest and most important key factor ever. Once I get into a rhythm, I should have no problem getting laid with fine-ass chicks. I just need that confidence.

Ah, I need to take a break from posting here and go out and do something about all this.
Sounds very similar to my story. Only I was never super confident, and I have been out of the game for longer.

MIKE.T

Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw, in a def non-homo sense, I think skip's a pretty good looking guy. I would rate him at ~8 (based on that pic with the white cap and jacket). This thread has also convinced me that looks are even more important than I previously thought - in the sense that game alone is very overrated.

As I think the opening post of this merged thread (MysteryWoman? I think) said, most people who claim examples of ugly guy-hot girl either underrate the guy's looks or overrate the girl's looks, or both. When they overrate the girl's looks (my ugly friend pu'd smoking girl), I think they do it because they know that for such an ugly guy, that average girl is a really good catch, and so they overrate her; whereas, in reality, she's nothing all that special.

Also, I think guys are not very good at judging the attractiveness of other guys. I never was either. But I started to pay attention to the looks of guys that girls would talk excitedly about being "hot". Over time, I became a better judge of male attractiveness - a better judge in the sense that I could predict who girls would find hot. Yet when I compare to this other guys' opinions about these "hot" guys, a huge amount of the time their opinions would be that "he's ugly", "what a mug", that type of stuff. I don't know if they're just poor judges or they're just plain jealous. Personally, I would not trust another guy's opinion of your looks.

Something else that has been said, by Godgettinglaid, I think, is that girls' opinions of who is hot vary widely. I think they do, too, but not all that widely. For example, I highly doubt that a 9 to one girl would be a 3 to another. Probably the ratings don't vary by more than 2 or at most 3 points. Basically, if a guy is good looking, then the only options are that some girls find him hot and others find him averag (plain), but no girls are going to find him ugly. If a guy is average, some will find him average, some (midlly to very) ugly and some (mildly) hot - but never "he gets my panties wet just looking at him" kind of hot.

I think game matters, but looks are the most important. Nevertheless, if you're average, it still makes sense to go out there and sarge, because, if you become skilled, you'll eventually get lucky with hot babes finding you attractive. If you're not even average, I would say forget trying to dj for a career. Instead, stick with the hottest girl you can get - even if she's not all that hot to anyone else - because your chances of doing any better are not good at all.

For averages guys who get lucky with very hot girls, you might be tempted to stick with them, but be careful. Chicks can be very, very emotional things, and the reason why she found you attractive at all can evaporate in a heartbeat, so if you're going to invest yourself in a relationship like this, be prepared for a broken heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.