Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

majumbo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you arent taking what i say as an attack. Its not. You have drive. Impressive. Look, if you want to get up to a jacked 200lb, you're gonna have to eat more and get 95% of your protein from beef (best amino acid profile), eggs, chicken, fish. If you find you're putting on a little fat, I understand how that can be emotionally difficult. We all want to feel we are making progress. putting on bf is a step back. Do you do cardio at all? Give me 3-4 days a week and the treadmill at 60min brisk walking with a 1500 calorie boost in terms of healthy fats and protein, and you will be gaining. The calories will assist with protein synthesis, and the cardio will prevent you from getting fat. Truth is, if your weight is not going up and you're not getting leaner, you're not putting on muscle. Thats the reality. Let me know if you want me write you up a more optimized diet. I'd be happy to.

take care.

Originally posted by Lifeforce
I eat 309 g protein on training days 235 on other days, I simply can't afford eating more protein or I'll be homeless, this is pure good protein and not including the stuff in oatmeal, rice and stuff like that. So I sorry I can't manage that, I'm already having trouble with affording this much and if I pay any more I would have no money left at all to have fun with. I can't just live to eat and train.

Í don't agree with you, I progress massivly in most lifts right now after standing still for a while. I've just changed the rep range thus making me lift a little less.

And after 165 lbs it became alot harder to gain, I noticed if I ate more I got fat and I don't want that so I cut the carbs slighly, upped my protein intake to the current level. Today I know I weigh around 169 lbs, I was slightly dehydrated last time I weighed myself and very hungry. However november I was almost standing still, it had it's reasons and now I finally gain again. It may go a little slower but I still gain.

I don't want to seem like an ass now, I really appreciate input alot, especially constructive like yours, but I don't agree with you.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The calories will assist with protein synthesis, and the cardio will prevent you from getting fat.
that only works with super genetics, for skinny guys non HIIT cardio only hurts for bulking up

majumbo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not exactly. If you weigh 150lb and eat 4lb of ground beef a day and a total of 4000 calories a day and do cardio 3 x a week and try to put 1-2lb on your lifts each week youll be growing. When I started training 3 years ago, I weighted 160lb at 6'1" @ 10% and am now at 215lb@ 13%. I want to get up to 240 @ 5% but thats gonna take a while.
I did it by eating loads and loads of food (protein) and doing cardio to prevent getting too fat.

Non-Hiit cardio is bad if you want to put on size since intense cardio spikes your cortisol levels and rapidly depletes your glycogen levels to undesirable levels. This causes muscle loss Quick paced walk on a treadmill will keep one lean.

Originally posted by Double
that only works with super genetics, for skinny guys non HIIT cardio only hurts for bulking up

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by majumbo
I'm glad you arent taking what i say as an attack. Its not. You have drive. Impressive. Look, if you want to get up to a jacked 200lb, you're gonna have to eat more and get 95% of your protein from beef (best amino acid profile), eggs, chicken, fish. If you find you're putting on a little fat, I understand how that can be emotionally difficult. We all want to feel we are making progress. putting on bf is a step back. Do you do cardio at all? Give me 3-4 days a week and the treadmill at 60min brisk walking with a 1500 calorie boost in terms of healthy fats and protein, and you will be gaining. The calories will assist with protein synthesis, and the cardio will prevent you from getting fat. Truth is, if your weight is not going up and you're not getting leaner, you're not putting on muscle. Thats the reality. Let me know if you want me write you up a more optimized diet. I'd be happy to.

take care.
Hell no, I really like getting different views on my training and taking in what I agree with. I agree I could eat a little more protein on the off days, but as I said I simply do not have the money right now. In may I will get a new contract started at my company and then I can buy more protein.

Today i get most my protein from chicken, minced meat (sometimes), eggs, cottage cheese and whey isolate (mostly after training). The other protein isn't even included in the amount I wrote in my previous post.

I haven't put on much fat, it's natural when bulking alot and I don't do cardio because I am an ectomorph. I've read everywhere that it isn't simply possible to loss fat and gain muscle at the same time and I agree with that. I've thought about doing one HIIT session per week. How will cardio prevent me from getting fat when reducing fat mostly has to do with negative calorieintake?

I won't do any slow cardio, I remember when I did that and I lossed alot of muscle.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today

Squat: 8x45 kg
Squat: 5x65 kg
Squat: 3x85 kg
Squat: 1x95 kg

------------

Squat 6x100 kg
Aborted workout because I had hurt my right quadriceps before the very same day. switched to the next workout.

Bench press 6x65 kg
Bench Press 7x62.5 kg
Bench Press 6x60 kg

Dumbell press 6x26.4
Dumbell press 5x26.4

Incline 6x21.4 kg

Biceps curl 6x35 kg
Biceps curl 7x32.5 kg
Biceps curl 6x30 kg

Biceps curl inverted grip 8x27.5 kg
Biceps curl inverted grip 9x27.5 kg

2x12 leg raises attached to machine with 15 kg weight
1x8 leg raises attached to machine with 15 kg weight staggered set 4 leg raises attached to machine with 10 kg

Lousy workout... I hate when I am injured. :/

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Todays workout

Deadlift 7x50 kg 110 lbs
Deadlift 5x70 kg 154 lbs
Deadlift 3x90 kg 199 lbs
Deadlift 1x110 kg 242 lbs
----------------------
Deadlift 6x115 kg 253 lbs
Deadlift 4x115 kg 253 lbs
Deadlift 2x115 kg <--- my grip slipped and I had to put the weight down, forearms were totally dead :/

6 Pull ups
4 Pull ups

T-bar rows 9x40 kg +bar 88 lbs
T-bar rows 6x50 kg + bar 110 lbs

Skull crushers 6x32.5 kg 71 lbs
Skull crushers 6x30 kg 66 lbs
Skull crushers 8x27.5 kg 60 lbs
(working on form)

8 dips
8 dips
(working on form)

Shrugs 10x60 kg 132 lbs
Shrugs ?x60 kg 132 lbs

Weigt: 170 lbs

This workout sucked... the grip slipped in the deadlift and I didn't have to motivation today since two of my friends skipped training leaving me all alone and working out.

I have increased my daily intake of calories a little since majumbo tipped me off this, mostly from flax seed and peanuts.

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That took soooo long to read all of it. but defineitely worth it! Look out world!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****, did you actually read the whole thing?

Wow... *admired* mad props to you :]

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat 8x100 kg 220 lbs
Squat 6x100 kg 220 lbs
Squat 4x100 kg 220 lbs

leg press machine broken

hamstring curl 9x45 kg 100 lbs
Hamstring curl 8x50 kg 110 lbs

Military Press 8x40 kg 88 lbs
Military Press 6x40 kg 88 lbs

Biceps curl MAX 42.5 kg 93 lbs <--- I had mismatched weight since I thought 1 2.5 kg plate was a 5 kg plate.

upright rows 8x32.5 kg
Upright rows 7x32.5 kg

Did some cable exercises too for my posterior deltiods.

Standing calves raises 12x90 kg
Standing calves raises 8x90 kg
Standing calves raises 8x90 kg

weight 77.5 kg 170.5 lbs

My last workout entry

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** this, I have started a insane bulk right now.. I'm gonna hit 185 lbs before the end off march. My weight now without clothes is 167 lbs, with clothes around 170 lbs. I seem to have stopped so I'm gonna increase everything alot.

This place is awesome to have as a journal so I'm gonna take this thing up again and really do a kickass effort to grow. I'll use the same stuff that made me successful in the beginning, lots off whey and lots off carbs. Also I have just started another round off creatine. My diet:

Meal 1: 2dl oatmeal + creatine + 2 spoons off mashed flax seeds.

Meal 2: 2 scoops off whey and 1/3 l milk

Meal 3: 6 slices off dark bread + peanut butter

Meal 4: 2.5 dl parboiled rice + 1 slab off chicken and some soy

Meal 5: 2 scoops off whey and 1/3 l milk

Meal 6: 1 Litre off yogurt (at least much better than gainer, gives 40 g protein 100 g carbs (5 g is sugar) and 20 g fat)

Meal 7 2 scoops off whey + 1/3 l milk

Meal 8 500 g cottage cheese

Total

Protein around 370 g (316 on off days)
Total carbs around 400 g
Total Fat: around 95 g

Total calories: 3900 (3700 on off days)

Wish me luck :]

IN$ANE JOURNAL BEGINS HERE!!!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A little change in my routine:

Day 1 legs + shoulders

4 sets off squats - **** the leg press
3 sets of stiff leg deads
3 sets off calves raises
3 sets off military press w/ bb or db
2 sets off upright rows

Day 2 Chest + biceps + abs

4 sets with db bench
2 sets ordinary bench
2 sets off dips leaning forward

3 sets of barbell curls
2 sets reversed grip

4 sets off lying leg raises with attached weights

Day 3 Back + triceps

4 sets off Deadlifts
2 sets off pull-ups
2 sets off T-bars/other rows

3 sets off skull crushers
2 sets off dips
or 2 sets off close grip bench presses

3 sets of standing calves raises

-------------------------

4-8 rep range on every exercise except calves raises and abs where I go 6-10

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how the hell can you eat cottage cheese?

btw, incline bench is far better.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did my workout today, managed 8x115 kg on the deadlift, that's WAY more than I thought because my squat dropped from 8x100 down to 5x90 last workout. I guess I will be doing much better a little later because my diet has slipped and all that and now I am getting back on track. Need to grow 1.5 lbs per week.

Next week I will start doing serious routine following the one I have written above to the last letter.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
how the hell can you eat cottage cheese?

btw, incline bench is far better.
It's a gift I was granted :)

Then I'll do incline.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
looking at your diet i'd suggest maybe putting in some more meat like beef or steak or something instead of so much whey protein, if you can. Real food is always better then supplements.

Ok i just saw you reply at the top, do you not have enough money for real meats? If so nevermind lol.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good luck bud. fraid your on your own with the monster bulk idea. my body'd be out of proportion if i did that.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight last time I checked 15/1-05 (without clothes): 170 lbs

Shewd: Hey man, no I'm a little tight on the cash, I ahve to pay 200 $ just for the travels to my school every month so I have very little over for real food. Whey is the cheapest for it's content.

Thanks gav, how's things going for you?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good luck bro! massive eating makes the world go round!

im currently making plans for a similar high goal (i think i can restart working out now, but im down to 63KG), i will start next week.

btw if u take the flaxseed oil for your last meal the protein synthesis in the night lasts longer because of the fat. the last meal should be fat+protein, and cottage cheese has very little fat.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
About COTTAGE CHEESE.

You guys should really really shop around and buy as many different brands as possible! (Go to different stores and buy what they have.)

I know some brands that are absolutely fooking unbelievably unedible while others actually taste pretty pleasing (and I usually eat 500g of my favorite brand before going to bed and it's no problem.)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First real workout

Finally I feel my former strength returning after being deminished very much in december.

WARM UP:

Bench press 10x20 kg 44 lbs
Bench press 5x40 kg 88 lbs
Incline db bench press 9x18.9 kg 41.5 lbs <-- semi work set, invested lots off energy on this set

Workout

Incline db bench press 8x26.4 kg 58 lbs
Incline db bench press 6x26.4 kg 58 lbs
Incline db bench press 5x26.4 kg 58 lbs

db bench press 6x26.4 58 lbs
db bench press 7x23.9 52.5 lbs

5 dips with 10 kg attached 22 lbs
6 dips with 5 kg attached 11 lbs

Barbell curl 5x37.5 kg <--- trying to chock it
Barbell curl 4x35 kg

Barbell curl with close grip 7x25 kg 55 lbs
Barbell curl with close grip 5x25 kg 55 lbs

Wrist curl behind back 40 kg 88 lbs
Wrist curl behind back 45 kg 99 lbs
Wrist curl behind back 45 kg 99 lbs
Didn't count rep on these, stopped counting after six, I guess between 6-12 reps each.

Thanks man. Good luck on reaching your goals too double. :] Then I'll take the flaxseeds with my cottage cheese.

Jippi, yeah I def. agree with you.. the one I have now taste very good. Some brands really do taste awful.