Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
....so i have a full body workout everytime with a little number of excercises to prevent overtraining... any thoughts?
A full body workout is usually not very recommendable. Why don´t you split your programme? If u do the same exercises, chances are good you overtrain (although the number of exercises is small).

- Maybe I understand u wrong: if u only train 2 days a week and then rest 5 days, your programme is possibly fine with regard to overtraing -

(Generally DIESEL´s bulking guide is highly recommendable, but I assume, u have already read it.)

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Milchmann, danke + grüsse zurück (bloss wohin?:D )

Yes, i did my homework and read Diesel's guide. I'm not claiming that my routine is better than Diesel's. But for me it seems worth trying.

advantages:

-you dont need to go to the gym, which saves money and time. additionally i dont like the gyms in my city, they are either full of ****ty machines or full off ganster bodybuilders or very expensive.

-As DIESEL agrees with me, ISOS and MACHINES are mostly ****, so it is better to stick with multi-joint(?)-excercises.

-at every work out session, you have either squats or deads, which are the most important excercises and release the most testosterone.

-you train every body part with these excercises, okay you won't get a perfect bull neck or perfect calves but unless you want to go pro it is more than enough.

-you dont have such problems as where do i put deadlifts in - back or leg day?or also when to do dips etc.......do i overtrain my tris because i do 10sets bench presses on my next workout and trained tris today?

-but if u want u can add some stuff like 1set biceps curls after chin ups or 1set calve raises after squats but beware of overtraining

-you dont need dangerous stuff like muscle failure. negative reps etc.....

DISADVANTAGES

-overtraining is possible.....im wondering if i overtrain the whole time, i'm training 3days/week , maybe i would get better results with 2days/week. or i will try doing only 1 or 2 sets per excercise. or one week only some "soft" deads. i will have to figure out what works best, i'm pretty new to bodybuilding and new to this routine, and i will give it a try.

-i suppose it's not good for someone on steroids

Last edited:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Todays workout:

Deadlift 8x50 110 lbs
Deadlift 5x70 154 lbs
Deadlift 3x90 198 lbs

-------------

Deadlift 6x110 242 lbs
Deadlift 5x110 242 lbs
Deadlift 4x110 242 lbs

Power Clean 5x60 Kg
Power Clean 3x60 Kg

T-bar row ?x30 kg+bar 66 lbs
T-bar row 6+x50 kg +bar 110 lbs
T-bar row 6+x50 kg +bar 110 lbs

Lat-Pull down 8x63 kg 138 lbs
Lat-Pull down ?x56 kg 123 lbs

Lat lift when leaning over bench 8x21.4 kg 47 lbs
Lat lift when leaning over bench 8x23.9 kg 52 lbs

Leg raises attached to machine 10x15 kg 33 lbs
Leg raises attached to machine 12x10 kg 22 lbs
Leg raises attached to machine 8x10 kg 22 lbs
Leg raises attached to machine 11x10 kg 22 lbs

That was some intense workout, I changed the form of the deadlift so it became slightly harder to do but it took a little better. I wanted to do 8x110 but I didn't manage. The Power cleans felt very easy the first set, but I didn't manage the second, I will reduce it to 55 kg next time. And do some freakin pull ups before I am exhausted!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man, your lifts look very good.

I'll write my thoughts on your program, but not now, I feel dead after the workout and long for food.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha I can understand that. btw as you mentioned you deadlift form, does your bar hit your knees while doing deads? or just upper legs? i dont think my knees like that.....

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I where you I'd go with another day of training, fitting the entire body in on two workouts is hard. I would split the muscle groups up and do splits instead. Full body workouts isn't really appropriate after you have become familiar with the weights and started serious lifting.

If you want to cover your whole body won't your workout become very long compared to if you split it up.

Haha, no the bar doesn't hit my knees, you have probably placed the bar a little wrong if it does. :] Some have short sinews to the heel so they have problems with deadlifts.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat 8x95 kg 209 lbs
Squat 5x95 kg 209 lbs
Squat 5x95 kg 209 lbs

Leg Press 8x160 kg
Leg Press 8x160 kg

Hamstring Curl 9x50
Hamstring Curl 7x55

Calves Raise 8x130 kg
Calves Raise Manyx105
Calves Raise ?x115
(trying to find the right intensity)

Military Press 9x40 kg
Military Press 5x37.5
Military Press 4x37.5
(working on form, some people say my back is arched when doing this but if I keep it more straight I will fall forward, and my butt is developed too so it seems i arch my back even when straight)

Upright rows 8x32.5
Upright rows 7x32.5

Bent over lateral raises 5x4 kg
Bent over lateral raises 8x3 kg
(if you have any idea of a substitute exercise for posterior deltoid please tell me)

Weight 77.3 kg 170 lbs

Very good workout, much pleased with my squats this day, I'll try 8x100 kg next time :] Reached 170 lbs also, just 10 lbs left to do before march. I look good in the mirror too, when I flex I look a little like the male dolls in clothing stores.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanx for the feedback but sh1t man i have much bigger problems now, dont know what to do now.

in the last days i felt somehow weird and somehow sad, also my workout felt somehow weird and was bad. but than yesterday i started to feel totally depressed - a feeling that i thought was gone forever. i thought about how life suxx for me and how i never ever will become a "DJ". i even thought about suicide because of me being a looser forever. omg i would have cried my wimpy azz of in the discussion forum if my english
would be better:rolleyes: .

today my work out was not a real work out......i could only do 6x52kg bench press instead of 8x61kg...because i felt very weak and my arms hurt somehow. than i quited and only did some wimpy crunches. OMG! but than i realized it's probably the roaccutane im taking since
1.5weeks. I didnt consider it before because of the low dosage. But after some research i did today the roaccutane must be the course of all this sh1t with 99% certainty! but i can't cancel because getting rid of the acne is veryveryvery important for me.

so i will remember me if depressive thoughts enter my mind - it's just the fvcking roacctuane tricking me!

but whats about the weight lifting.......i just have to hope that it will become better with time....maybe it's just in the beginning....omg i cant and dont want to belive that sh1t now....

sorry that had nothing to do with your journal......omg i am even apologizing for taking up some space in an internet forum.....whats going on with me......man i feel weird.......

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is your acne so severe you can't get rid off it using loads off benzoyl peroxide? If stuff make you feel bad, find another way. Don't kid around with depression like that before you know it it might not be caused by the accutane any longer.

Anyways, I hope you'll feel better soon.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
Don't kid around with depression like that before you know it it might not be caused by the accutane any longer.

[/B]
i have a hard time getting this sentence ?

i tried so much stuff over years versus acne, but not loads of benzoyl peroxid. maybe that would help - but it has no long term success and smells like sh1t and fvcks up my clothes and you can't get a tan and you can't sleep somewhere else. and that for my whole life? It's better than having acne but for me it's no real victory. my acne is not that bad but i can't stand it anymore. for me, it's probably the main reason that destroyed my teenage years and made life hell. for me acne is my worst enemy,
it reminds me of everything bad and weak, every time i look in the mirror. now i will fight it with every energy i have and i will deal with everything, if it does not cause permanent damage.

i will just do cardio for a while and watch careful my depressive thoughts - than i will analyse what to do. maybe it will get better if my body is used to roaccutan...

take care, i will still watch your journal and sooner or later i will be back - stronger(hm will be hard without training :D ) and more motivated than ever before:)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You seem to have somewhat strange view on benzoyl peroxide, I use it daily when I sleep (not on days), I may change it for 96 % alcohol with some anti-acne stuff in it if I sleep over somewhere or I'll just skip it... however, I still can get a tan and it does wonders against acne. You are still young, it will probably not last forever.

Good luck with the fighting man, acne is a fierce and confidence shattering enemy.

The sentence: If you let depression into your heart it will make a home there, playing around with depression like that is like loosing weight an anorectic way. I'd find another way if I was you, you say it's not that serious acne so benzoyl peroxide will probably be very effective.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight 76.0 167 lbs

Bench Press 5x62.5 Kg
Bench Press 5x62.5 kg
Bench Press 5x60 kg

Bench press db 7x23.9
Bench press db 8x23.9
Bench Press db 6x23.9

Incline bench 5x40 kg
Incline bench db 7x16.9 kg
Incline bench db 8x16.9 kg

Biceps curl 6x35 kg
Biceps curl 7x32.5 kg
Biceps curl 6x32.5 kg

Reverse grip 8x25 kg
Reverse grip 8x25 kg

Brought another of my friends to the gym, it was a really good workout even though my chest was weaker than before.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great you almost beat my 8x35kg biceps curl! =P

btw, i will do cardio every day now (started yesterday) for a few weeks...i'm feeling better now. Than i will see if i cancel the roaccutan and take benzoyl peroxide or if i continue roaccutan if the muscle pain and depression is gone - i feel already alot better now i'm doing cardio, so i will see.

majumbo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see you have not progressed beyond mid 160's. Bro, you need to EAY. I will say it again: YOU NEED TO EAT.
From what I've read about your diet, your not getting enough protein. WHy dont you try this for the next 4 months:
take in 2x your bodyweight in protein split over 6 meals. EVERY DAY.
Your training looks solid, but your gains are very slow. You should be able to put 1-2 lb on all your lifts every time you do them the following week. Progressive overload. Strength before size. Get me drift? @ 5'8" 167, you should be able to bump up 20lb muscle naturallyy in one year if you eat correctly. MORE FOOD... MORE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond that, keep up the good work mate! Youre def motivated!

You should get most of your protein from beef, fish, chicken, eggs. Protein powders are only useful postworkout when you want to restore depleted glycogen with carbs and protein.

Weight 76.0 167 lbs

Bench Press 5x62.5 Kg
Bench Press 5x62.5 kg
Bench Press 5x60 kg

Bench press db 7x23.9
Bench press db 8x23.9
Bench Press db 6x23.9

Incline bench 5x40 kg
Incline bench db 7x16.9 kg
Incline bench db 8x16.9 kg

Biceps curl 6x35 kg
Biceps curl 7x32.5 kg
Biceps curl 6x32.5 kg

Reverse grip 8x25 kg
Reverse grip 8x25 kg

Brought another of my friends to the gym, it was a really good workout even though my chest was weaker than before.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw your pics at bb.com man and you have a pretty good build....but you lifts no offence seem kinda weak. Do you do really slow negs or something? I mean a 135 lb bench for me is an easy 10 rep warmup and i have pretty much the same build as you.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by shrewd
I saw your pics at bb.com man and you have a pretty good build....but you lifts no offence seem kinda weak. Do you do really slow negs or something? I mean a 135 lb bench for me is an easy 10 rep warmup and i have pretty much the same build as you.
I lift what I find challenging. It's not easier to lift more just because someone who weigh as much can put up more. If you would have felt my chest muscles in the beginning you would have felt the ribcage going through if you pressed lighly. Chest has always been my weak point and I do what I can to change that. If you have any worthwhile to say then say it. I have no reason to engage in a pissing contest with anyone.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by majumbo
I see you have not progressed beyond mid 160's. Bro, you need to EAY. I will say it again: YOU NEED TO EAT.
From what I've read about your diet, your not getting enough protein. WHy dont you try this for the next 4 months:
take in 2x your bodyweight in protein split over 6 meals. EVERY DAY.
Your training looks solid, but your gains are very slow. You should be able to put 1-2 lb on all your lifts every time you do them the following week. Progressive overload. Strength before size. Get me drift? @ 5'8" 167, you should be able to bump up 20lb muscle naturallyy in one year if you eat correctly. MORE FOOD... MORE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond that, keep up the good work mate! Youre def motivated!

You should get most of your protein from beef, fish, chicken, eggs. Protein powders are only useful postworkout when you want to restore depleted glycogen with carbs and protein.

I eat 309 g protein on training days 235 on other days, I simply can't afford eating more protein or I'll be homeless, this is pure good protein and not including the stuff in oatmeal, rice and stuff like that. So I sorry I can't manage that, I'm already having trouble with affording this much and if I pay any more I would have no money left at all to have fun with. I can't just live to eat and train.

Í don't agree with you, I progress massivly in most lifts right now after standing still for a while. I've just changed the rep range thus making me lift a little less.

And after 165 lbs it became alot harder to gain, I noticed if I ate more I got fat and I don't want that so I cut the carbs slighly, upped my protein intake to the current level. Today I know I weigh around 169 lbs, I was slightly dehydrated last time I weighed myself and very hungry. However november I was almost standing still, it had it's reasons and now I finally gain again. It may go a little slower but I still gain.

I don't want to seem like an ass now, I really appreciate input alot, especially constructive like yours, but I don't agree with you.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some stats from the skinnyguy man:

Weight: 135 lbs Weight: 167 lbs
Body fat: 11.0% Body fat: 6.8%
Bench: 145 lbs Bench: 205 lbs

THINK ABOUT IT! he hast around 40lbs more MUSCLE but his but his bench press only increased by 60lbs which is ridiculous compared to the muscle gain
THAT is because he trained for years and his body/CNS was used to training so even as a skinny mofo he could lift 145lbs......mass doesnt equals strength.....sure it is the most important but there are other factors!

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift what I find challenging. It's not easier to lift more just because someone who weigh as much can put up more. If you would have felt my chest muscles in the beginning you would have felt the ribcage going through if you pressed lighly. Chest has always been my weak point and I do what I can to change that. If you have any worthwhile to say then say it. I have no reason to engage in a pissing contest with anyone.
yeah now that i think about it the only place i really beat you on is chest all the other lifts are pretty similar. And i wasn't challenging you just wondering. :rolleyes:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today

Deadlift 7x45 kg 100 lbs
Deadlift 5x60 kg 132 lbs
Deadlift 3x80 kg 176 lbs

----------

Deadlift 8x110 kg 242 lbs
Deadlift 4x110 kg 242 lbs
Deadlift 5x110 kg 242 lbs

Power cleans 7x55 kg 121 lbs

6 pull ups

T-bar rows 7x40 kg 88lbs
T-bar rows 12x30 kg 66 lbs

12 dips
11 dips

Skull crushers 5x32.5 kg 71 lbs
Skull crushers 6x30 kg 66 lbs
Skull crushers 7x27.5 kg 60 lbs

I instructed a friend on some exercises so this workout was a little irregular.

shrewd: Hey, I didn't mean it like that, I just isn't interrested in how much other people lift. I do what is challenging to me. This journal is mainly to track my progress.