LIE to get LAID

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you heckling me or something?

Yes, I am, because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. The only thing worse than a Bible Thumper is a Bible Thumper who has not actually read the Bible.

Cause if you are serious, then I'll go and take out the text and prove it

You're not going to show me anything I have not already read. You, on the other hand, might actually learn something.

Satan is the father of lies.

Satan isn't the father of anything. Only God can create. And there is at least one part of the Bible where God Himself uses deception and trickery. You might know that if you actually read the book.

Sorry to be so blunt, Luke, but Moses told me to:

Leviticus 19:17
" ...Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt.

MrMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, since when is being a DJ about anything religious?

This isn't an argument about whether we came from evolution or were created. That has nothing to do with lying. You all need to step back and relax.

Obviously the thread author is not Christian (or a at least a practicing Christian), else he wouldn't be asking these questions. Yes, lying is a sin... if you're Christian. So is premarital sex... if you're Christian.

If the thread author is not Christian, he probably won't care that its a sin in the eyes of Christianity.

In my opinion, I wouldn't lie for the sole purpose of getting laid. But then again, I don't date for the sole purpose of getting laid. That's never been my goal in dating (though it is sure nice when it happens).

To the thread author: You're really the only one who can decide if its moral or not to lie for the sole purpose of sex. Would you feel guilty after you did so? Would you ever wish to have a relationship with this girl? Would you feel comfortable being lied to for sex? These and others are all questions you have to ask yourself and decide for yourself.

If you are comfortable with it, then by all means, go for it :up:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, lying is a sin... if you're Christian. So is premarital sex... if you're Christian.

If you define being Christian by what the Bible says, then they're actually not.

Yes, I am derailing the discussion, but what this is really all about is Luke making bs excuses with religion to not become a DJ - thus the DJ relevance.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Are women's tests not lies? Just about everything that comes out of a woman's mouth constitutes a lie in my book. So let me test if sh!t tests are lies. To me a lie is:

-Not factual check
-deceptive check
-intended to put the "liar" at an advantage check

Women are born "liars". I don't see how anyone should feel guilty for lying to women.Kind of like Macdiddy said, women don't even want the truth from a man.

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, Bible Belt, you have piqued my curiosity. Where in the scripture supports your statement that lying (bearing false witness) and premarital sex(a form of adultry) are not sins?

My father is preacher, and while I must admit to not having a thorough understanding of the books, I'm pretty sure those are sins.

That said, you seem to know your stuff, so I'm looking foward to your response.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Most of the stuff in the Bible was relevant at the time, or the Talmud if you're Hebrew... they didn't eat pork and washed their hands a lot because their religious law said otherwise, and guess what? They didn't get the plague and trichinosis (sp?)!

But to move this discussion back to secular life, I would personally never lie to get laid. If it's a one night stand, why the fvck would it matter what you do for a living or what kind of car you drive?

I am myself, regardless of who I'm with or what I'm trying to accomplish. If it doesn't get me laid that night, well you can't win 'em all. If you're the kind of person that can lie and not feel bad about it, then more power to you, but I would like to think I'm better than that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rex Man said:
Okay, Bible Belt, you have piqued my curiosity. Where in the scripture supports your statement that lying (bearing false witness) and premarital sex(a form of adultry) are not sins?

My father is preacher, and while I must admit to not having a thorough understanding of the books, I'm pretty sure those are sins.

That said, you seem to know your stuff, so I'm looking foward to your response.
'Bearing witness' refers to formal statements, usually made before some kind of court or authority. It is not the same thing as when your girl asks if you think her butt looks fat.

Regarding premarital sex being a sin, I can't show you what's not there. Jesus said to follow the commandments and not be 'sexually immoral.' But he left it at that. The rest of the anti-sex stuff in the New Testament comes from Paul's letters to Corinth. Paul was talking about their orgy parties and temple prostitutes, not premarital sex as we know it. The church has adopted the sex=sin=within marriage for kids only as a way to strengthen themselves as an institution. The Song of Solomon in the Old Testament reads like a romance novel and implies that sex is a gift from God and not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself.

Jesus did say that looking at a woman with lust is a sin, but I think the point is that we all sin all the time. That's the human condition. I know that I'm going to look at women with lust, so I might as well have sex with them. If they enjoy it, too, then I am 'doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.' Christian theology teaches that the sin-free life has already been lived, but there is enough forgiveness to go around for everyone. That's the 'good news' of the gospels.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Danger said:
This is several questions but I'll keep the response simple and to the point.

I think it's an easy answer to say who can turn "rosy" and who can't. Keep in mind I don't say one is better than the other, I just point out the Hebrew definition of the word "Adam". For the record I am agnostic and don't put much belief in anything I can't logically prove.

As far as Genetics, you make my point more succinct with your statement about "darkness" and evolution.

Most creationists CRINGE at the word evolution, yet there is no explanation for the changes in skin or eye shapes for the different races of the planet if we force ourselves to believe that we started as Adam and Eve and put no value in the theory of evolution.

Where did these traits come from if we are forced into such a box of thinking?
I think I answered your question. the traits of each race were in the DNA of the first humans pair already (regardless if they were created or evolved)and they became pronounced in tribes that seclude from other tribes. The expression of traits is not the same thing as proving evolution.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
'Bearing witness' refers to formal statements, usually made before some kind of court or authority. It is not the same thing as when your girl asks if you think her butt looks fat.

Regarding premarital sex being a sin, I can't show you what's not there. Jesus said to follow the commandments and not be 'sexually immoral.' But he left it at that. The rest of the anti-sex stuff in the New Testament comes from Paul's letters to Corinth. Paul was talking about their orgy parties and temple prostitutes, not premarital sex as we know it. The church has adopted the sex=sin=within marriage for kids only as a way to strengthen themselves as an institution. The Song of Solomon in the Old Testament reads like a romance novel and implies that sex is a gift from God and not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself.

Jesus did say that looking at a woman with lust is a sin, but I think the point is that we all sin all the time. That's the human condition. I know that I'm going to look at women with lust, so I might as well have sex with them. If they enjoy it, too, then I am 'doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.' Christian theology teaches that the sin-free life has already been lived, but there is enough forgiveness to go around for everyone. That's the 'good news' of the gospels.
I don't know, I'm pretty sure Jesus said fornication (sex with a woman who is not your wife) is sinful.

Christian theology teaches that the sin-free life has already been lived, but there is enough forgiveness to go around for everyone. That's the 'good news' of the gospels

I always had an issue with this view. So what use is it to anyone else besides yourself that you're forgiven for your sinful life. Seems like you have just seered your conscious to regret soing anything wrong. I always felt that usefulness of chrsitian beliefs is it brings the least harm to the most number of people. If you're not going to live as sin free as possible what is the benefit?

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lying is a sin, unless it's a lie for the good.
If you need to sin (lie) for sex, you're pathetic and fake.

Even if you live your whole life without feeling that you're protraying a falsified personality, you are fake and will never know the truth.
You'll only think you are something you're not, because real men don't need lies to get when they want.

I believe a lie like those are feminine. Only women lie.

Real men do not.

Reaction score
Canibus27 said:
How did God make humans in the first week of the Earths existence? Why does the bible completely leave out the existence of dinosaurs? Oh, I forgot, the man who wrote it didn't know they existed. There were no humans walking around the earth while dinosaurs did. Hints, the story of Adam and Eve is just a fable. The Bible is no different then any other religious book out there.

The bible doesn't specifically deny that dinosaurs existed.

The bible says God made animals, and a dinosaur is an animal.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker

If everything in the bible is true, and Adam and Eve were the first people on this earth, how come their children, Kane and Able both have wives?

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Satan is the father of lies.

Satan isn't the father of anything. Only God can create. And there is at least one part of the Bible where God Himself uses deception and trickery. You might know that if you actually read the book.
You know what, Bible_Belt, I am going to quote some verses - especially for that one.

This is what Jesus said about the devil being the father of lies.

John 8:44 "You are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning and abode not int the truth, because THERE IS NO TRUTH IN HIM. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Jesus said - the devil is the father of lies, and anyone who has to lie has the devil as his/her father because that's all the devil really is about.

You want to deny a direct quote that Jesus said?

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bible is a bunch of metaphorical, pseudo-historical stories. Anyone who takes it literally in ANY way is a half-brained idiot who doesn't deserve to live in the 21st century.

The bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs because the authors lived centuries before anybody knew about them. Makes sense, huh?

Reaction score
just so suave said:
Luke Skywalker

If everything in the bible is true, and Adam and Eve were the first people on this earth, how come their children, Kane and Able both have wives?
They could have done it with Eve. Adam and Eve did live like over 1000 years old or something like that. Probably inter-breeded or something like that. Since there is plenty of people on earth, it's not necessary to interbreed now. That's the only explanation I can think of unless God made other people out of the ground or didn't name daughters of Adam and Eve, but it would still be interbreeding nontheless.

Reaction score
Master Bates said:
The bible is a bunch of metaphorical, pseudo-historical stories. Anyone who takes it literally in ANY way is a half-brained idiot who doesn't deserve to live in the 21st century.

The bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs because the authors lived centuries before anybody knew about them. Makes sense, huh?
The bible doesn't say anything about lizards either. Big deal. It said animals.

Reaction score
Danger said:
LukeSkywalker,

Out of curiosity, what's your stance on evolution? Do you believe in it or not?
I dont believe it that we came from apes or are animals.

Danger said:
If not, how would you account for the different races on the planet?
I think I answered that, Adam and Eve would be composite races (i.e. one of them may be half black and half white, the other may be half Asian and half Indian - or maybe further combinations and that's how it happened or something).

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
You posted a wikipedia excerpt but I don't think that accurately defines evolution or proves the theory of evolution. gene mutations are usually bad and are a form of de-evolution essentially. The only exception is if the difference improves survival in a given enviroment. Adaptation and a species passing on differing traits is not necessarily the same thing as evolving from one lower species to a higher one.

I'm not saying it's not proof indicating evolution may happen. But it's not proof that the same thing can't happen within the concept of creation. It wouldn't take that long for traits to appear. It would only take a few generations in certain conditions for the trait darkness to become totally dominate. It's a dominate trait to begin with. he only thing that different races proves is people isolated and kept with people who looked most similar to them in the past.

Reaction score
TonyWongButOhSoRite said:
Are you married Luke Skywalker?
I see you have 101 posts, that means you've been here long enough to know the answer to that question.

Sure, I've doubted God last year about ever getting married, so I thought, hey it's ok to sin because if God doesn't care, then why should I care, after all I would have had a girlfriend, or at least one girlfriend and all you have is these draconian laws that are bent against my own nature so I said, heck with it. So there is a side within me that's not totally in alignment of what I'm saying concerning sexual immorality and it represents an official weakness. But this side is held in check by diligent scientific query into all interactions with the oppostie sex which are evaluated at fixed points of time.

I have threads on here that doesn't paint me as a perfect person and I have failed miserably. I told one girl about the Gospel and acted spiritual just to act worst than a heathen on the same vein just afterwards because of my weaknesses triggered by jealousy and envy and this inferority complex- so I've failed my own testimony last year by signing on to adultfriendfinder for a month, but whatever, point is you learn and grow and that's it. I cant even write to her, I'm ashamed to even think about the whole thing, it just makes me feel sad.

Anyway - the point of this thread is about lying - not really about sexual immorality - I've said that lying is worst than sexual immorality rather than two honest consenting adults having sex. Both are sins, but one is far worst than the other. Jesus may have made some serious comments about lust, but for lying - He's reserved His most severe comments - saying the devil is the father of liars - that's severe.

That girl I was talking about, yeah, she choose a liar over honest me - that got me thinking for a while, but I figure, that's the type she's attracted to, my bad for having mis-placed limerance on the wrong people.