Reaction score
I will weigh in with those who said that:

1. Monday morning phone call is bad
2. Messages are creepy
3. Two more phone calls is way too much
4. "It's me" way too soon
5. Call w/ a purpose
6. Make out session means nothing

The IL goes up or down based on what you do and the actions here killed it.

Note: This is anothe reason to go for the f-close b/c you often don't get another date. After the s-x happens, the feelings change.

Next girl.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God bless you, Francisco. I'm tired of explaining the fundamentals over and over and over again.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
God bless you, Francisco. I'm tired of explaining the fundamentals over and over and over again.
I know, I know... But explaining it over and over makes it so ingrained that it has become second nature. Yeah, it's tiring but at least someone benefits. :D

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You fugged up Monday

2 calls on Monday was too much. She sensed neediness, it creeped her out, end of ballgame. Next.

Definitely leave a message when you call. Yes, calling without leaving messages does have "stalker" and "wussy" written all over it.

Also, don't block caller ID, unless you have a good reason to do so. It truly amazes me that some guys actually don't believe women are all stupid enough not to figure out where all those blocked calls are coming from, if they block their calls. I used to block calls when calling #s outside my area code from my mobile during non-peak (unlimited) hours, so they'd call me back on my land line, rather than the mobile, if they call back during peak hours, but that's only good reason I can think of to block calls.

But, damn it, don't call at weird hours or leave dorky messages with forced humor, w s b. It was painful to read about it.

Just a simple call at the optimum time to catch her is best, and if she's not there, just leave a simple message: "hey, XXXXX, it's Bill, call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX when you get a chance." If she's interested, she'll call back, unless she's a big-time mind-fvcker, in which case it may bve just as well to let her next her whack ass.

Ok. That's what my experience has shown me works best. Chalk this one up as a lesson. I've had my share of similar "lessons," and have learned, and improved.

Good point last message, Francisco.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
It amazes me all these guys (Dr. Zaius and Francicso) who keep posting on these boards to simply say "if she's not attracted then there's nothing you can do about it".

Why are you guys even trying to learn this stuff if you hold this view? If there's nothing you can do about it then you might as well give up and hope and pray that by the grace of god some chick will be attracted to you, one day.

Now if you hold the view that there is something you can do about it, then there's promise. And quite frankly, I'm not talking about turning chicks that are repulsed by you into chicks that are interested. Clearly, this chick *was* attracted to him. She was attracted enough to give her number, accept a date, show up at the date, make out with him, etc.

If she told him to f*ck off when he asked for her number, I would have been the first to say "move on, there's nothing you can do" (although I would have also asked to know how he asked for the number).

Meanwhile, you guys are saying that she's not attracted and dismissing it even though the evidence shows that she was attracted. This signals to me that there was an overall problem in his game that caused her to bolt. Either that, or some circumstance that he can't control (ex boyfriend back in the picture, out of town, whatever).

Given that we can't control the latter and it serves no purpose for us as students of this art, then we're better of examining what he could have done wrong.

My take on where he f*cked up is as follows; every interaction needs to have a purpose and be viewed as a seduction. The date seemed to go well and her attraction looked like it was there. However, he f*cked up by:

1. Calling early Monday morning without anything concrete to say and acting like a f*cking dweeb. I'd be pissed off if some chick annoyingly did that to me just to make fun of my failed resolve to wake up early.

2. Here's the big one, he calls AGAIN on Monday with "hey it's me call me back" bullsh*t which is even worse because it presupposes that she should call him back when he's not really saying anything in the message that would indicated that a call back is required. Also, the "it's me" presupposes that you're taking your position in her life way too seriously where she should know who you are by your voice as if no other guys call her.

And the worse part is that it's so f*cking needy! Why should she call back in the evening when the message at an innapropriate time in the morning doesn't even require a call back?

By the time Friday rolls around it's already dead in the water and calling again is just pathetic.

What he should have done or should do for next time is call to set up another date. And the message should convey that. i.e. "Hey it's Bill, I had fun last Saturday hanging out with you; and I'm planning to go white water rafting next week and the team needs another person, so I thought you'd be perfect. Would you be game? Catch you later, oh yeah, hope the bike riding is going well".

That would come off as genuine, sincere, and non needy and anoying. This girl could already have been a little freaked out by getting so hot and heavy on the first date with a guy, and his message would clearly agravate the situation while what he should be aiming for is 'light and fun".

Ultimately, if he learns from this for next time, then it's good that this happened.

Cesare Cardinali
Yea Cesare, I admit I may have screwed up on the early AM call...I meant it as a joke to poke her in the ribs about her NOT being AM person. She took me WAY too seriously if she thought anything else.

I mistakingly posted the wrong wording when I said: "Its ME" on her voice mail. Never did I say "ME". I may have screwed up the first thing, but we were NOT exclusive. I have always said "Its Bill"
on her VM.

Its funny, I've posted other things I've supposly "done wrong" and got good feedback on them. When the truth comes out however, the majority of the time the feedback I received was way off base. But hey, education is good.

Thanks for all feedback guys.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I'm feelin' like majorly down now--like done in by my own devices. If in fact, the reasons of calling too much were a factor, I guess its an important lesson learned. I feel like such a dork sometimes.

Speaking of calling too much, back a couple of weeks ago, she actually called me TWICE within ONE minute, leaving messages both times. I realize that men interupt certain things differntly than women, but maybe that should have raised red flag for me.

Anyway, I'm gonna go and suck it up now and delete her number from my phone.I'll let you all know in the rare chance she happens to call back.
Bill

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on there Bill.

No point beating yourself up about this or deleting numbers. Just move onto the next chicks and keep this number around in the off chance that you can turn this chick into a pivot (i.e. a hot friend that can connect you to other chicks). Wait a month and call back to "see what's up". When you call back in a month (if you still feel like it) just say "hey, sorry we haven't gotten a chance to connect, I've been buisy as hell, how have you been?".

This is all a game and when you know the rules, you increase your chances of winning. Simple as that. Get your ego right out of it and play the game.

Cesare Cardinali

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco,

I asked:
Why are you guys even trying to learn this stuff if you hold this view? If there's nothing you can do about it then you might as well give up...
Your reply:
Because not only do we know how to qualify women, we understand them and their games...Understanding how to qualify might not find you the perfect woman, but it'll keep the problematic ones out of your hair.
So essentially, you're purpose here is qualifying (i.e. determining whether a chick is interested or not); weeding out problematic women. That's my read on it. Correct me if I'm wrong. You admit that this will do nothing to attract high quality women.

You've written thousands of posts and read probably many more, and the purpose is to weed out the non interested ones from the interested ones. Is that what you're saying?

I've got a little newslfash for you: Determing when a chick is not interested is not a skill at all. It doesn't take any study.

It's like when you apply for a job, you don't need a skill set to determine if the employer wants to hire you or not. If they don't then you won't hear back from them. If they do, you will.

Why study that? You'd be better off studying what makes people marketable on the job and what you can do to make yourself be in demand. What are the skills of a guy that is very marketable in the job force and how can I model and adopt those skills.

To study how to separate the interested employers from the non interested employers still leaves you with zero chances of increasing the number of interested *high quality* employers. And leaves all the power on the employer to choose you. Ideally, if you're marketable, the employers should be throwing offers at you and worried that you'll select another company to work for. Same thing with chicks.

So essentially, you're saying that you can better separate interested chicks from non interested chicks. Thus saving you lots of time and headaches. That's good for step one.

Step two would be for you to master the skills of guys that actually have very low rates of non interested chicks and consequently adopt those skills so that most chicks you interact with are interested. Most chicks should want you to pick them; not vice versa.

From there, you should be the one selecting the chick (s) you'll spend the most time with based on a pool of high quality interested chicks with a lot to offer.

Dr. Zaus,

A quote I once read that you should consider: "Argue for your faults and sure enough they're yours".

Good discussion guys,

Cesare Cardinali

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr. Zaus,

A quote I once read that you should consider: "Argue for your faults and sure enough they're yours".
Listen, stop trying to be profound and concentrate on making sense first.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop trying to be profound and concentrate on making sense first.
Which part didn't you understand? I'll attempt to clarify if you'd be interested.... Unless if that was simply a jab back at me; in which case....good one. :)

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey it's Bill, I had fun last Saturday hanging out with you; and I'm planning to go white water rafting next week and the team needs another person, so I thought you'd be perfect. Would you be game? Catch you later, oh yeah, hope the bike riding is going well".

That would come off as genuine, sincere, and non needy and anoying. This girl could already have been a little freaked out by getting so hot and heavy on the first date with a guy, and his message would clearly agravate the situation while what he should be aiming for is 'light and fun".

Ultimately, if he learns from this for next time, then it's good that this happened.
In my opinion this is the best advice on this thread so far.

One phone call and then the ball is in her court.

Good discussion though guys.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco,

I asked:

Your reply:

So essentially, you're purpose here is qualifying (i.e. determining whether a chick is interested or not); weeding out problematic women. That's my read on it. Correct me if I'm wrong. You admit that this will do nothing to attract high quality women.

You've written thousands of posts and read probably many more, and the purpose is to weed out the non interested ones from the interested ones. Is that what you're saying?

I've got a little newslfash for you: Determing when a chick is not interested is not a skill at all. It doesn't take any study.

It's like when you apply for a job, you don't need a skill set to determine if the employer wants to hire you or not. If they don't then you won't hear back from them. If they do, you will.

Why study that? You'd be better off studying what makes people marketable on the job and what you can do to make yourself be in demand. What are the skills of a guy that is very marketable in the job force and how can I model and adopt those skills.

To study how to separate the interested employers from the non interested employers still leaves you with zero chances of increasing the number of interested *high quality* employers. And leaves all the power on the employer to choose you. Ideally, if you're marketable, the employers should be throwing offers at you and worried that you'll select another company to work for. Same thing with chicks.

So essentially, you're saying that you can better separate interested chicks from non interested chicks. Thus saving you lots of time and headaches. That's good for step one.

Step two would be for you to master the skills of guys that actually have very low rates of non interested chicks and consequently adopt those skills so that most chicks you interact with are interested. Most chicks should want you to pick them; not vice versa.

From there, you should be the one selecting the chick (s) you'll spend the most time with based on a pool of high quality interested chicks with a lot to offer.

Dr. Zaus,

Good discussion guys,

Cesare Cardinali
You asked for me to correct you if you were wrong so here's your correction, at least how it works in Francisco's World.
  1. Qualifying is more than just determining whether a woman is interested or not. Francisco determines first and foremost whether the woman fits HIS criteria. DJs don't react to woman, they ACT unto them.
  2. DJ's attract women, period. This includes all types, so qualifying is a premium skill.
    [/list=1]

That's it. It is just that simple, and that is why Francisco is so good at it. So good that he can occasionally refer to himself in the third person. :D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
Listen, stop trying to be profound and concentrate on making sense first.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :p :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I love this place!!!!

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, allow me to explain that quote to Dr. Zaus and co.

In general, I find that people who post about not being able to influence a girl's attraction usually have hang ups that they feel are preventing them from doing so. And instead of working on those hangups they prefer saying "there's nothing you can do, so your best bet is to weed out non interested chicks from interested chicks". That's my read from Dr. Zaus mostly and Francisco to an extent.

I've been on this forum and others for many years and I've read tons of Dr. Zaus' posts and a common theme in them is that he thinks he can't get chicks because of his looks. And frankly, if you say that and argue for that position, then sure enough you'll create your own demise.

Back to the quote:

"Argue for your faults [i.e. I don't look good therefore I can't get chicks] and sure enough they're yours [i.e. I don't get chicks therefore it's true that I don't look good and confirms that you can't influence her attraction]".

Makes sense now?

-CC

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, allow me to explain that quote to Dr. Zaus and co.
That's completely fvcked up....

I've been relegated to "and co." :cuss:

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha...you want me to go in and edit?

I was qualifying you to see if you're an attention wh*re!:)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha...you want me to go in and edit?

I was qualifying you to see if you're an attention wh*re!:)
Yeah, and your point is???? :woo:

Reaction score
One of three things happened:

1. She has either died or become seriously ill (1%)
2. Another guy has entered the picture (30%)
3. Shes just not that into you (69%)

I would totally stop thinking about this girl, delete all means of contact, and if by some chance she calls you, go from there.

Good luck white sox. (Orioles in 05'!!)

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guys, I saw her Saturday night...

At a small town festival in the beer garden where the band was playing. I payed for a beer, turned around and there she was!

I said hey like nothing was amiss. She was same way, she flirted w/me for a few minutes, occainsaly touching me or grabbing my chest. I teased about a few things, then she bought a beer and on her way back to whereever she was sitting, I KNEW what she was going to say. And sure enough, she said it:

"Call me" and smiled and started to walk. I just smiled and half way shook my head like yea.

Maybe for her its a control thing. Hard to get...Like "you chase me and I call back on MY terms" So I get it now..she's intersted still. Now I have to restart seduction process. I will call her but will wait 7 to 9 days to do it. What do you guys think?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back burner

Looks like you have the idea: put her on the back burner. Your leaving her alone somewhat canceled the 2 calls thing. People have short memories like that sometimes. No hurry, no worries, no expectations.