Does EVERY pretty girl have a boyfriend?

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
Well during the period of time that I didn't have a bf, I didn't want one. Now I would like to get into a relationship again and I have for the last several months. By saying I can't find a guy isn't saying I don't want one. It's saying I CAN'T FIND ONE. Haha. I get pursued but not a lot, and like I said...there's nothing wrong with me at all.
I don't see your point, you use the phrase "Can't find one" as if you're going into bars, clubs, malls, internet etc. and actively approaching men and chatting them up. But you're not, you're sitting/standing there like most and picking and choosing amongst the men that chase you. In other words, you have options, but Mr Amazing hasn't approached you and gamed you yet. Of course, in the time you were single, you were getting laid anyway so the fact you didn't have this bf tag was some what irrelevant. Yes, some pretty girls are single; they reject all the men due to their super-high pedestalised standards and get laid by some player on the side anyway.

MM

Reaction score
I seriously wonder what kind of study this is... did it mention anything else ?

Correlation doesn't imply causation, and those results could be explained by other factors, in fact without putting much thought into it I could already mention the amount of free time people have depending on what they study (if they study anything at all). Not to forget that IQ isn't the be all and end all when it comes to measuring intelligence.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want a smart gf, being smart is a prerequisite. In general women love a guy to be as intelligent as possible, but not at the expense of more important factors such as charm and confidence. It's like men want a woman to be good fun, but that won't make a bubbly fat minger a hottie.

Being socially retarded while being good at sums is not going to get you into many panties. Blaming your IQ may make you feel better, but it's not the issue.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
I don't see your point, you use the phrase "Can't find one" as if you're going into bars, clubs, malls, internet etc. and actively approaching men and chatting them up. But you're not, you're sitting.standing there like most one and picking and choosing amongst the men that chase you. In other words, you have options, but Mr Amazing hasn't approached you and gamed you yet. Of course, in the time you were single, you were getting laid anyway so the fact you didn't have this bf tag was some what irrelevant. Yes, some pretty girls are single; they reject all the men due to their super-high pedestalised standards and get laid by some player on the side anyway.

MM
You are right. Well, I guess the problem...like everyone...is that I wanted what I can't have, and what I can have I don't want. I wanted to date my FWB more than anything in the world. He obviously liked the situation just fine as it was and so it carried on a few years until I finally decided I wanted/deserved more than that. Now I want him back ofcourse but am too stubborn/full of pride to ever try and get him back. It was his choice not to date, and mine to cut off all contact all together. Now I think he's banging someone new anyway but whatever. It's not what I'm looking for anymore.

Chris30

Banned
Reaction score
Adding my 2 cents to the discussion, I think that men of nationalities that have reputations of being good with women such as Italian, Hispanic and black guys have a significant advantage over Polish, German, Irish etc guys when approaching women. Though the person approaching may not really be good with women, if he is black, Hispanic or Italian especially the latter 2 he will likely make a good first impression regardless. Most of those men also have the darker features, good face structure etc that most women seem to prefer. I tell anyone who will listen to me that being a white guy who isn't 6' tall and who isn't of Italian decent is maybe the worst thing that a man can be in today's United States other than maybe Asian or Middle Eastern.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
You are right. Well, I guess the problem...like everyone...is that I wanted what I can't have, and what I can have I don't want. I wanted to date my FWB more than anything in the world. He obviously liked the situation just fine as it was and so it carried on a few years until I finally decided I wanted/deserved more than that. Now I want him back ofcourse but am too stubborn/full of pride to ever try and get him back. It was his choice not to date, and mine to cut off all contact all together. Now I think he's banging someone new anyway but whatever. It's not what I'm looking for anymore.
Cheers, you know you get a thumbs up from me for at least admitting it. Women come on here telling men they don't have the power. We then explain that they do, because they sit there and get approached and have a big list of criteria to weed out the men until they find Mr Amazing. They also get laid a lot more easily and regularly according to statistics and life experience, which you backed up as you got laid when you were single anyway.

What you also said agreed with what I thought. Women and men both have the same criteria, but the power imbalance means women enforce a large list and men chop theirs down to 'she looks ok'. Women also don't go for the guy, but the perception of the guy. You want what you can't have, but I'm willing to bet if a better looking guy came along and approached you but he was single you wouldn't be as enthusiastic. It's all illusion, the fact this guy is banging another girl makes you lust for him more.

MM

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
If you want a smart gf, being smart is a prerequisite. In general women love a guy to be as intelligent as possible, but not at the expense of more important factors such as charm and confidence. It's like men want a woman to be good fun, but that won't make a bubbly fat minger a hottie.

Being socially retarded while being good at sums is not going to get you into many panties. Blaming your IQ may make you feel better, but it's not the issue.
Well, I simply mentioned the study. We all know the clever guys aren't the one's banging the hotties, for one reason or another.

Higher IQ people are effectively segregated from most people because of their intelligence, they aren't in tune socially with lower IQ people and thus don't 'fit in' as well. This means 'poorer' social skills and thus not complying as well with the social matrix, hence less sex.

MM

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Midnight Carnival said:
Correlation doesn't imply causation, and those results could be explained by other factors, in fact without putting much thought into it I could already mention the amount of free time people have depending on what they study (if they study anything at all). Not to forget that IQ isn't the be all and end all when it comes to measuring intelligence.
Correlation does imply causation, it just doesn't prove it. But the better the correlation then the more concrete the implication i.e) tending to proof. As I explained, IQ means segregation from the majority socially and thus less sex as you need to comply with the social matrix.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can divide high IQ people into socially capable who get sex and socially inept, who don't. I know lots of highly intelligent guys like myself (ahem) who get hotties all the time. But they are the arty clever more than the mathsy, dress like their mother picked their clothes, don't wash, clever.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Cheers, you know you get a thumbs up from me for at least admitting it. Women come on here telling men they don't have the power. We then explain that they do, because they sit there and get approached and have a big list of criteria to weed out the men until they find Mr Amazing. They also get laid a lot more easily and regularly according to statistics and life experience, which you backed up as you got laid when you were single anyway.

What you also said agreed with what I thought. Women and men both have the same criteria, but the power imbalance means women enforce a large list and men chop theirs down to 'she looks ok'. Women also don't go for the guy, but the perception of the guy. You want what you can't have, but I'm willing to bet if a better looking guy came along and approached you but he was single you wouldn't be as enthusiastic. It's all illusion, the fact this guy is banging another girl makes you lust for him more.

MM
GOD, ain't that the truth. This guy treated me like **** (I stupidly let him), and as soon as I found out he was banging someone else...I wanted him back. Why does it work like that??? He was still calling me at 3am to come over though, (but I hadn't) I also didnt know about this new girl until SHE told me. It's a good thing though, because I would have been on his little string forever if she hadn't. Her telling me she is sleeping with him, gave me the extra needed shove to just cut him off for good. So now it's done..but it's still hard. I miss him and I miss the sex but oh well.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
You can divide high IQ people into socially capable who get sex and socially inept, who don't. I know lots of highly intelligent guys like myself (ahem) who get hotties all the time. But they are the arty clever more than the mathsy clever.
Yes it is possible that high IQ people still can relate to the majority socially and fit in, thus leading a more normal life. But I think the more logically inclined/proficient the guy is, the more likely that he gets laid less (as a result of less social competence with the majority).

You also said more artsy than mathsy. I already said those doing non-logical subjects tend to be at an advantage anyway. Without saying these subjects aren't intellectually demanding, I'd say they don't require as high a component of raw intelligence. You also get to meet women in classes.

You can further divide that group, into socially capable guys who get laid, socially capable guys who don't and socially incapable guys who don't.

MM

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
GOD, ain't that the truth. This guy treated me like **** (I stupidly let him), and as soon as I found out he was banging someone else...I wanted him back. Why does it work like that??? He was still calling me at 3am to come over though, (but I hadn't) I also didnt know about this new girl until SHE told me. It's a good thing though, because I would have been on his little string forever if she hadn't. Her telling me she is sleeping with him, gave me the extra needed shove to just cut him off for good. So now it's done..but it's still hard. I miss him and I miss the sex but oh well.
Because according to evolution he has demonstrated a key trait of attracting a woman, namely being 'preselected by women'. In other words, because he's sexing yet another girl he's demonstrated that women desire him and thus you desire him (moreso). If this exact same guy wasn't sexing anybody and was single and not getting laid like most guys, you are then less attracted. Women go for the illusion, not the guy at hand. That's why guys have to lie and fake lots of things and jump through hoops.

MM

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Because according to evolution he has demonstrated a key trait of attracting a woman, namely being 'preselected by women'. In other words, because he's sexing yet another girl he's demonstrated that women desire him and thus you desire him (moreso). If this exact same guy wasn't sexing anybody and was single and not getting laid like most guys, you are then less attracted. Women go for the illusion, not the guy at hand. That's why guys have to lie and fake lots of things and jump through hoops.

MM
Yes, I get it..haha. I've read here a long time.

So am I playing "ganji games" by not bothering with him anymore, and will it work??? Any tips? hahaha.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
Yes, I get it..haha. I've read here a long time.

So am I playing "ganji games" by not bothering with him anymore, and will it work??? Any tips? hahaha.
He's doing whatever the minimum work is to get guaranteed sex. If you offer it he'll probably take it, if not he'll just sex the other girl. He may end up sexing you both and using that as a social proof catalyst to sex other girls.

MM

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
No no at all, honestly. I'm not looking for a guy that makes a ton of a money or a guy that looks like Brd Pitt. I'm just looking for, as bad as it sounds...the male version of me..haha. I don't know what the problem, like I explained in a way earlier post...I'm "one of the guys" and that has always been a problem for me. If anyone here is on plentyoffish...I'd give you my profile id so you can see I'm not sitting here bull****ting you saying nothing is wrong with me. Maybe you could the prof. out and tell me what it is then, because I don't get it, my friends don't get it..and even ex-bf's don't get.

*shrugs*
Well link me to your page. I don't think I'm on that site, but I could probably tell at a glance what the problem could be if there actually is a problem and you're not just being too picky and whiny or if it's that you're totally unattractive.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Nevermind Sunny I just read the other replies. I was right in the first place. You're too "picky" except being picky for you means being hung up on some loser and rejecting better guys, typical female. It's just like that women don't value intelligence, and they don't value decent or good guys either.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Nevermind Sunny I just read the other replies. I was right in the first place. You're too "picky" except being picky for you means being hung up on some loser and rejecting better guys, typical female. It's just like that women don't value intelligence, and they don't value decent or good guys either.
The most worrying thing is she came into the thread adamant on dispelling what we said, but posted her view and pretty much summed up what we said without realising. We then confirmed it and she agreed, but said she couldn't help it. As I said, women don't want the man himself, but merely the perception. Put the ugliest guy in the world on his own and he's trash. Put him with 20 HB10s following him and women will be interested.

MM

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
As I said, women don't want the man himself, but merely the perception. Put the ugliest guy in the world on his own and he's trash. Put him with 20 HB10s following him and women will be interested.

MM
LOL, maybe I should hire some girls to fallow me around campus and flirt with me.

Shyguy2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe this is actually still being debated. Pretty much every pretty girl HAS a boyfriend. I have known a FEW that haev gone long periods as single, but they were ****ing numerous guys a week. They actively chose to be single, but it's not like they weren't having sex and partying.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
The most worrying thing is she came into the thread adamant on dispelling what we said, but posted her view and pretty much summed up what we said without realising. We then confirmed it and she agreed, but said she couldn't help it. As I said, women don't want the man himself, but merely the perception. Put the ugliest guy in the world on his own and he's trash. Put him with 20 HB10s following him and women will be interested.

MM
Quite honestly, I didn't read the entire thread before posting my opinion. I just saw "every pretty girl has a bf" and saw everyone agreeing. *I* do not agree. I do agree that a lot of them are probably still getting laid, or have the opportunity to...but they don't all have bfs, and its not because they don't want them. I said for the majority of the time I didn't want one, but I have for awhile now and I am NOT picky...but I'm not going to settle either just for the sake of getting a bf. What's so hard to understand about that???

And yeah, sure..fine...I'll send a link to my dating ad so you can decide for yourself what's wrong with me. (ie. why guys want to bed me but not date me.) I'm not posting it here for all to see though, so PM me and we'll go from there.