Car problem when dating.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
I have a problem, and most of you will probably laught at it. :trouble:

I have a ford mustang gt, very brand new and very crisp. Whenever I take someone out, or go to a job interview, or whatever. Basically, I have problem with parking. I'm afraid to leave it because it will get dented, dinged. It only takes a stupid ***** on an SUV with 20 kids to ruin my car. Anybody is facing the same issue? I feel that this will limit me when going out with a girl. What am I suppose to do? Is it appropriate to ask a chick to let's use your car? And if yes, how to ask that?

If I'm lucky enough to find a parking space at the very end of parking lot, perhaps 5 minutes away by foot from the destination, that's how I usually park anyways. Do you think that will turn her off?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never drive your car again. Driving it down the street will be even worse than parking it. Loose rocks can be kicked up from other cars, trucks and busses and leave your ride looking dimpled like a golf ball and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Leave it in the garage forever. Better yet, ask the dealer if they could pick it up and put it back on their showroom floor for safe keeping. You've put a lot of money into that ride and its a shame to mess it up by using it.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Yes!! That's my point exactly! I mean, if I'm not even sure if I'm getting any, why should I let some sucker mom leave $600+ in damage on the side of it?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be real,its a Mustang,not a Carrera GT. Door dings aren't even much money to remove. I just had two small ones removed by a professional for $85. Unless its a true exotic drive it!

sh4rk b1t3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares? It's not that that POS budget car was helping you pick up chicks in the first place.

Bigsnake

Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Be real,its a Mustang,not a Carrera GT. Door dings aren't even much money to remove. I just had two small ones removed by a professional for $85. Unless its a true exotic drive it!
Obviously you have never spent $25k+ of your own money on a NEW vehicle and want to keep it looking new. It's not like that's is pocket change and I full understand why he wants to protect his new vehicle.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
sh4rk b1t3 said:
Who cares? It's not that that POS budget car was helping you pick up chicks in the first place.

You are retard. I can get any chick on that car. :trouble: On the other hand if you drive up next to a chick on your riced out civic you probable will come off as a homo or high school kid or something. :kick:

sh4rk b1t3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you have a 60K + car... it isn't helping you one bit. Look into getting BMW or Porcshe.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bigsnake said:
Obviously you have never spent $25k+ of your own money on a NEW vehicle and want to keep it looking new. It's not like that's is pocket change and I full understand why he wants to protect his new vehicle.
Wow! Don't make such bold statements. I have my own Porsche Boxster I bought at 18,so I do know whats its like to have a real nice car and worry about door dings. I drive it whereever,unless I have to leave it outside overnight in a bad neighborhood. You want to drive it but don't want any blemishes from other drivers? Simple;

~Park out far in the parking lot where there are alot of vacant spots.

~If you are at work,park your car sideways that way no ones door can hit your car side.

~When at a party or what not where you know people,park next to the ones that respect your car,not the ones that are jealous and talk smack.

~When you have to park in a crowded area,park with the other car that are newer/expensive. They tend to respect your car more.

donArjun

Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
I have a problem, and most of you will probably laught at it. :trouble:

I have a ford mustang gt, very brand new and very crisp. Whenever I take someone out, or go to a job interview, or whatever. Basically, I have problem with parking. I'm afraid to leave it because it will get dented, dinged. It only takes a stupid ***** on an SUV with 20 kids to ruin my car. Anybody is facing the same issue? I feel that this will limit me when going out with a girl. What am I suppose to do? Is it appropriate to ask a chick to let's use your car? And if yes, how to ask that?

If I'm lucky enough to find a parking space at the very end of parking lot, perhaps 5 minutes away by foot from the destination, that's how I usually park anyways. Do you think that will turn her off?

okay , my neighbor drives a mercedes CLS, which is more money than your car and he doesn't have half the panache you have. He leaves the engine running even in the middle of freaking shopping center. Dude, CHill cars the not so import get a good insurance company . dont be so pricky.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
~If you are at work,park your car sideways that way no ones door can hit your car side.

What do you mean? Explain.

Mmmmm, stock GT owns a boxter. :trouble: Heck, a SHO own a boxter. :whistle:

lettuce head

Reaction score
Apart from the issues your facing going out on dates in this situation, if you really feel like this, you should not have bought that car in the first place. Bumpers are called bumpers for a reason. Sell it and get something you don't mind getting dinged up a little. Otherwise, there's no escape from this constant paranoia.

lettuce head

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Never drive your car again. Driving it down the street will be even worse than parking it. Loose rocks can be kicked up from other cars, trucks and busses and leave your ride looking dimpled like a golf ball and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Leave it in the garage forever. Better yet, ask the dealer if they could pick it up and put it back on their showroom floor for safe keeping. You've put a lot of money into that ride and its a shame to mess it up by using it.

What's funny is that this post is clearly 100% sarcastic but unorthodox thought it was serious.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
What do you mean? Explain.

Mmmmm, stock GT owns a boxter. :trouble: Heck, a SHO own a boxter. :whistle:
Hahaha kids.....
What do you consider owning? You think your Mustang GT can handle and brake as well as 360 Modena stock? Nope,I have driven a Mustang GT,new and old,and there is a reason why older people stray away from them. In a straight line a GT can beat a base Boxster,off the line,but then it catches up at high speed. But wait the "GT" is the sportier Mustang,but there is "S" model Boxster=sportier.
Let's see wise guy,you want to see who owns who,sport model vs. sport model;
Boxster "S" with a 3.4L Boxter 6,295HP
0-60 in 5.2 Seconds,stock

Mustang "GT" with a 4.6L V8,300HP
0-60 in 5.4 Seconds,stock

Now don't get me started on how much more prestige Boxsters have over Mustangs. The class,interoir & exteroir quality on whole different levels.
Don't you ever wonder why there aren't any Mustangs in Le Mans or at autocross events???? Do you reseatch before you make assumptions. What I just posted is off of expierences,I had a 06' Mustang "GT" for a week as a rental,nice car,but not balanced.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, a55hole. I race, my mustang, I own 911s at the track.... SCCA events mind you...... Mustangs and vettes are at ALMS, and they owning porches in GT class, and ferrari's too. It is a split currently between bmw and ford.. Le Mans in france, porsche team haven't won in quite some time. Ford has engines running in F1, porsche does not.

It is one thing owning a 911, it is another owning a boxter. It's kinda like owning a miata, lol. It's gay.

We had stock GT, 260 horse pre 05 go against boxter on the track. GT owns it in every way. Boxter is not even in the same class as GT. And GT is not even in the same class as modena. You want to compare Ford GT (not mustang gt) if you want to be fare with modena. I raced against a modena, they are slow, but then again, I'm heavily modified.

I never seen a girl go nuts about boxter or miata. But if you have a mustang, and it's a gt, or better yet a modded one, they go nuts.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
Hey, a55hole. I race, my mustang, I own 911s at the track.... SCCA events mind you...... Mustangs and vettes are at ALMS, and they owning porches in GT class, and ferrari's too. It is a split currently between bmw and ford.. Le Mans in france, porsche team haven't won in quite some time. Ford has engines running in F1, porsche does not.

It is one thing owning a 911, it is another owning a boxter. It's kinda like owning a miata, lol. It's gay.

We had stock GT, 260 horse pre 05 go against boxter on the track. GT owns it in every way. Boxter is not even in the same class as GT. And GT is not even in the same class as modena. You want to compare Ford GT (not mustang gt) if you want to be fare with modena. I raced against a modena, they are slow, but then again, I'm heavily modified.

I never seen a girl go nuts about boxter or miata. But if you have a mustang, and it's a gt, or better yet a modded one, they go nuts.
Show me proof. I run purely off stats and my personal expierences. I attend ALMS events and have no seen a single Mustang in ANY class but I have seen Corvettes.

GT owns it in every way.
Thats an arrogant statement. How can you say that. Road & Track tested it as the fastest car EVER through the saloms,even beat out the Enzo.

Are you referring to a Mustang "GT" or Ford's Supercar the "GT"?