Car problem when dating.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
The mentality that comes with owning a Mustang is called "idiocy". It's ignoring the fact that you own a cheaply made, unreliable, poorly-put-together plastic-and-vinyl-laden turd that has one of the weakest V8s in existence today, not to mention the only brand new car on earth that still runs on a live axle.

I got an IRS :up: Do your research next time, owning a miata does not give you right to flame :nono:
fag :D

I got 351W strocker, mated to xtract 427 transmission. Two inline turbos per bank, intercooled, xtract rear end on cobra IRS. Full saleen race suspencion. 6 point cage. 17 inch wheels, with a nice set of brembos. Inside it's stock, except roll cage, sequential gear shift, and racing nets. Outside it has GT badges, cobra hood and front.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
I got an IRS :up: Do your research next time, owning a miata does not give you right to flame :nono:
fag :D

I got 351W strocker, mated to xtract 427 transmission. Two inline turbos per bank, intercooled, xtract rear end on cobra IRS. Full saleen race suspencion. 6 point cage. 17 inch wheels, with a nice set of brembos. Inside it's stock, except roll cage, sequential gear shift, and racing nets. Outside it has GT badges, cobra hood and front.
How old are you? The reason I ask is to figure out how you can afford all that.

You know whats almost as fun as owning a mustang? People hating on you because you do. We're arrogant, and its fun to piss people off cause they can't figure out how in the hell some other guy can spend half the money on his mustang that he paid on his European/Exotic whatever, can have twice the fun. Its like when a dude owns a lambourghini or whatever, and the guy with the mustang just talks **** like crazy and the other guy gets pissed cause he thinks that he's better than the dude with the 'stang but the dude with the 'stang doesn't give two ****s about a lamboughini or porsche.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
How about some pics of this 1200 HP car?

And some time slips?

And I'm sure you have some pics of yourself with your Pride and Joy.

BTW, a car like that would cost at least 6 figures to build correctly.

You must be rich too.

And, a car like that isn't really practical to drive on the street, to job interviews and on dates.

Last edited:

cefiro

Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
I have a problem, and most of you will probably laught at it. :trouble:

I have a ford mustang gt, very brand new and very crisp. Whenever I take someone out, or go to a job interview, or whatever. Basically, I have problem with parking. I'm afraid to leave it because it will get dented, dinged. It only takes a stupid ***** on an SUV with 20 kids to ruin my car. Anybody is facing the same issue? I feel that this will limit me when going out with a girl. What am I suppose to do? Is it appropriate to ask a chick to let's use your car? And if yes, how to ask that?

If I'm lucky enough to find a parking space at the very end of parking lot, perhaps 5 minutes away by foot from the destination, that's how I usually park anyways. Do you think that will turn her off?
Dude, its a freaking car! I have an 02 WS.6 (the first car I bought w/ my own money). I hated leaving it places at first, but I relized that cars come and go. Now, it sits outside year round!

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if its a hopped up mustang, then maybe theres some truth to it. its still a shtty car, they cant turn or stop to save their life. and drag racing is for rednecks. any fool can learn launch techniques and go stoplight racing. real men cut apexes.

and if its a stock mustang gt, its a piece. id put my 20 year old bmw against one any day.

edit-i see your figures. i agree with derek, that kinda car really doesnt make sense to drive down the road. and how did you afford that? Thats like 100,000 in car, parts, brakes and tires (you would need new tires every 1000 miles or so with that kinda power, especially if you track it.) and if you do track it, you would have to worry about rock chips, tire shreds, "the marbles" (bits of rubber about the size of a small rock) being kicked up into your front end etc.

something doesnt add up here...

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, this is the reason why a fancy car has ALWAYS SEEMED LIKE A STUPID IDEA TO ME....

you are AT THE MERCY of everyone on the road, on the street, the elements, etc etc etc etc... AND, this is a possession that you FREQUENTLY HAVE TO LEAVE SOMEWHERE!!!

what other pricey item do you do this with?

i understand that you love your car. but it INTERFERES WITH YOUR LIFE. understand this.

basically what this means is that YOU CAN'T AFFORD YOUR CAR.

if you can't afford to fix and maintain... if you can't afford to have it as an active and easy part of your life - IF YOU CAN'T ENJOY IT (!!!) - you can't afford it.
------------------------------------------------------------

the proper attitude is you look at it like a $600 pair of church's shoes. sure, they are expensive.

but as with all your possessions, you do NOT bag it and throw it in your closet. you use them and ENJOY them... AND... you MAINTAIN THEM. if they get scuffed, you buff and polish, you use shoe trees, you send them in every so often to get reconditioned.

the issue is, the maintenance of your car COSTS - quite a bit if it gets dented and dinged. if you can't afford it so that you can enjoy your car, you can't afford your car.

(i speak from experience - my instinct is NOT to enjoy my nice things and just horde them in a box. RIDICULOUS. enjoy your stuff... just maintain. and with most things, a PATINA OF AGE is a desirable mark)

seriously - this is a good principle here - if you cannot enjoy your expensive item, you cannot afford it.

luck

delta

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
BTW, a car like that would cost at least 6 figures to build correctly.
And, a car like that isn't really practical to drive on the street, to job interviews and on dates.

It costs around 80 grand to build, that's including a nice 01 gt to start with. It has what others don't, carbon fiber multi stage intake, DIY EFI and ignition, self programmed traction control, launch control, and stability control. If you know what you doing, it's not expensive at all, especially with good old push rod widsor. :up:

Turbos are tunable, it goes from 600 rwhp to 1200+ rwhp. Boost available from 1500 rpm. Car drives on the street just fine, it's the only ride I have. Sequential tranny in traffic is just the right recipe. I have automatic clutch, shifts can be as smooth as I want them to be.

It is beyond the point what's under there, it's quiet and somewhat stock looking. The first week I got her, bone stock, I got a nasty dent on the side of it, so ever since I'm paranoid.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Delta said:
seriously - this is a good principle here - if you cannot enjoy your expensive item, you cannot afford it.

I'm hanging out with people who can't afford their rides then. :) I've seen this time and time again, be it lambo drivers, alphas, whatever. All people are paranoid, unless they're chicks.. I guess I have to get over myself and just use common sense.

Another thing. I think the problem is amplified in Miami. When I go up north it's not the same, people respecting your **** there.

specialed

Don Juan
Reaction score
car is meant to be driven. look at my car...pretty sure that was 20k and i spent more then you ever will in modifications for it. it's my daily driver...get over it...cars are meant to be driven. this post is dead.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unorthodox said:
I'm hanging out with people who can't afford their rides then. :) I've seen this time and time again, be it lambo drivers, alphas, whatever.
exactly.

lots of people have a need to front. so they take the plunge. good on them - it's part of djing to an extent.

but if they have to obsess over it, they really can't afford it. it's basically my rule about how much you should spend on sunglasses.

delta

Lost1

Don Juan
Reaction score
GT's arent even nothing, you can talk when you have a Saleen or a cobra dood. I see 50 gt mustangs a day, everyone and their brother has one.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost1 said:
GT's arent even nothing, you can talk when you have a Saleen or a cobra dood. I see 50 gt mustangs a day, everyone and their brother has one.
yet another person who doesn't read the thread before posting. :down:

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
well he is techinally speaking "lost" as his nickname says it :kick:

[R]eality

Don Juan
Reaction score
I drive a big-ass pickup with a grille guard and a rear bumper guard. That was my solution. Do I care about anyone on a parking lot? Only about a bigger pickup. There aren't that many. The rest of 'em? My grille guard cost me 500 dollars; it can take on most cars' front ends and come out on top. So what, 500 bucks. I bet it vs. mustang, the mustang will have its radiator pushed into the firewall (jk). So.. dumb and strong.
Nice truck, too, not an old-a$s 1980's thing.

[R]eality

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and [three -edit] more things.
i. Trucks look good f'd up, so my dings don't matter, and
ii. Someone asked how you park. I don't know how you park, but I park audially.. to help you sleep at night. And I also park in the end of the parking lot: that's where all the nicer cars are.
ii.(b) Oh. And my grille guard's a little scraped on all sides. :smile:

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
The other day some smart ass parked a nice Lincoln LT not on a guest parking lot, but he was a guest. In less than 20 minutes I had his ass towed. :whistle:

Couple of months back two smart asses parked next to me on big old ugly work trucks, one left a small dent. They still work around here now, and they did find one of their generators in the lake last week. :trouble:

Here is a quote by someone who replied here "~If you are at work,park your car sideways that way no ones door can hit your car side."

What does it mean park sideways? On two spaces?

Lost1

Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:

I read the post, so you can shut your face, thats my incite on his stupid attempt to brag about his car. That isnt even cool to begin with.:down: