Boot Camp for The Mature Man

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 1 (Thurs. Sep. 23, 2004)

Got bamboozled at work. Didn't do the BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 2 (Fri. Sep. 24, 2004)

Bamboozled at work again. No BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 3 (Sat. Sep. 25, 2004)

Just did family stuff and chilled. No BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 4 (Sun. Sep. 26, 2004)

More family stuff and ran some personal errands. Small chit chat with various store clerks but nothing more than 2-3 minutes. I'm not counting this.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 5 (Mon. Sep. 27, 2004)

Work is getting on my nerves now and I'm finding myself more and more drawn to the impulse that I have to create my own reality and that everyone else is just a guest in it. I think things are going to come to a head one way or the other. Either I walk or I'm probably going to be "down-sized", "right-sized", "employment force adjusted" or whatever euphemism is used for being laid off.

After work, I just went out by myself to a favourite spot to chill and reflect on what to do next. Small chit chat here and there with hostesses and servers but again for only a few minutes at a time. I'm not counting this either.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 6 (Tues. Sep. 28, 2004)

Went to a gathering of **** types (I've always been curious about this and **** types that I know said that I'm definitely a Dom but one who seems unsure of himself, but I digress...) and had conversations with 4 different strangers. It was too easy and there was a wide range of topics discussed. I spoke with each one for about 15-20 minutes or so.

The upshot was that I've been invited to another such gathering and was promised an introduction to 2 eligible subs at an out of town meeting in about 3 weeks. I'm not treating this as if it's going to amount to anything but we'll see if these people are true to their word. I'll go to mingle and work the BC exercises...:).

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 2 Day 7 (Wed. Sep. 29, 2004)

The ex was served with divorce papers today. It's high time this horsecrap ended (we've been separated since Nov. 99; more about this another time). I'm feeling pretty upbeat about the whole thing really because if she wants to fight it, she'll have to do that in the court jurisdiction where I've filed the divorce petition and she lives 4 hours away by car.

Went to a large mall, and just started chatting up each and every store clerk, server, etc. that wasn't busy, feigning the need to require help with something, etc.

I wanted to # close about 3 girls, but couldn't work up the nerve, and that would be cheating since it's not in this week's BC exercise...;P.

At any rate, I made the 10 stranger conversation requirements of 10 minutes or more.

I've found with the BC exercises so far, the hardest thing has been just to make EC and say "Hi" in a friendly open manner that's reciprocated. After that, the conversation part of it has been real easy.

My apologies for not posting my BC progress sooner but it couldn't be helped.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 1 (Thurs. Sep. 30, 2004)

Stayed late at work. No BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 2 (Fri. Oct. 1, 2004)

Too much running around to complete errands after work. No BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 3 (Sat. Oct. 2, 2004)

Did family stuff during the day and then hung out with friends in the evening and just chilled. No BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 4 (Sun. Oct. 3, 2004)

More family stuff during the day and didn't feel like going out in the evening so I just relaxed at home. No BC exercises.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 5 (Mon. Oct. 4, 2004)

Went to another **** gathering this evening. The meeting spot wasn't well marked and I shot right past it. After making a u-turn and backtracking, I arrived at the correct place.

I parked and was making my way over when I spot this fine looking cougar (HB8, about 45 or so) ahead of me. Blonde, about 5'5", with decent legs and ass. I continued to walk up behind her and when she reached the entrance door she turned around to look at me. At first, I froze trying to think up something to say and was going to mess it up when Pook saved the day. I remembered those three magic words, "Ohhh La! La!". Shazaam! I said "Hi" with the ****iest grin ever and she returned both the hi and the smile.

Turns out she was also there for the **** gathering. Get this, she sits down beside me, to my left, and starts small chatting up everyone at the table. I basically ignored her (let her prove herself, I'm the prize, thanks again Pook) and chatted with everyone else but her.

After a little while, she couldn't stand it anymore and introduces herself to me and we talked for about 20 minutes. She then excused herself to go for a smoke. I didn't follow her. Let her crank herself up without me chasing her outside to talk some more right? Damn right. During her absence some older dude drops by our table, taking her spot and starts smalltalk chatting with everyone.

Cougar HB8, returns and asks the older dude to switch seats so that she can sit beside me again. We chat some more, and I'm actually beginning to like this older chica. I think I'd like to get to know her better.

Well, at this point in the evening, the gathering is starting to break up and she says that she has to go. I'm thinking I have to do a # close. Again, I'm thinking I'll fumble it and again the three magic words echo in my head, "Ohhh La! La!". This time I follow her out and when she's about halfway to her car, I call her name.

"Hey, HB8."

"Yeah."

"What's your email?" I figured I'd get her email and phone no. at the same time but I flubbed it. You'll see how.

"Blah blah at blah dot com". The mistake I made was writing it out myself and not giving her the pen and notepad to write it out herself.

I then ask for her phone no. and she says that she doesn't give out her phone no. right away. I then ask for the cell. phone with a bit of a smirk. She smiles and says that she doesn't give that out right away either. She then says that we'll take it from email. I don't press the issue and tell her to drive carefully. She says goodnight and leaves with a smile. I think I blew it but at least I got her contact info. and we'll see what happens. I'll email her in a couple of days. If I can't get her phone no. within 2 to 3 emails, I'll next her because I'm not going to become any chica's email buddy.

At any rate, as I said, the mistake I made was not getting her to write out her email addy herself. While she was doing that, I should've said, "And write down your phone no. too." If she objected, I could've then countered with, "I'll only call you about 10 times a day and before 11 p.m. because that's when your Mom makes you go to sleep right?" (Thanks to David DeAngelo for that one.)

However, I consider this a major breakthrough because I acted at the right moment and took a shot. I feel f#cking juiced!

I learned that I should just do the approach and not concern myself with the outcome because I'll feel good for just having made the attempt.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 6 (Tues. Oct. 5, 2004)

Wiped out from work. Just went home and chilled.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 3 Day 7 (Wed. Oct. 6, 2004)

Well, the ex is fighting the divorce and she's now going to be "going away" and so I won't be able to see my son for awhile. I'm not going to take this sh!t at all and I'm going to step things up in court. Tally Ho!

DoubleD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reject me dag Nammit!

Thanks Jake.. I feel much more educated on the topic now and excuse myself for the ratial slanders, my irrelevant uneducated opinion and general lack of intellect.

Anyway.. was out again tonight with my latin class.. although I wasn't really there with them.. more just like in the same venue. They were busy practising their dance steps when I see SHB Bored in a corner. So I go in open her with "Wow you look excited" sit next to her and start talking. I find out she's half Thai and Half English.. (So after what I've learnt on this board I can't call her a SHB if she is half asian.. shes just an average chick.. ****!) anyway talk to her about various topics.. she looks much younger so I tell her she reminds me of my little sister.. find out that she is 20. There are **** block friends around.. but I have managed to isolate her well. I start toucing her when I comment on things and she doesn't mind so I keep going and she is reciprocating. Then her CB freind comes picks her up and tells her come with me.. I stand up at this point to and say "cya.. followed by an" "Oh my god your short!" She slaps my arm and I tell her I'll chat to her later. I look around and see nothing much else I like but I start chating to random women and dance with a few of them... Whatever..

I go back around to find SHB Bored and find her sitting somewhere else.. I open again with "Hey sis! whats up?" And she replies with a hey bro. ****block frined is sitting next to her. I think... cool rejection time.. Anyway I tell her that I have to go with my friends and say "give me your number." She says you have to get it first time.. and blurts out a sequence of numbers.. I look at her like What? and put my mobile in her hand and she keys it in. I look at it and she'd dialled it. I put the mobile back in her hand and say (write your name) "i'd forgotten again :D" and she does. I wish her goodbye.. kiss ****block and then her on cheeks and take off.

Not that I'm really complaining but with ****block near I thought I would have a good shot at that rejection.

LOL at your posts Mav.. you obviously had a moment of inspiration in posting all of them at once. Well done on your blonde.. and yep! Thats what its all about keep doing and learning. One thing i will mention though is that even though straight after you feel like you GET IT.. within a few days you'll probably feel back to square one.. Just keep going and doing.. eventually it will be part of your natural toolkit.

DoubleD

DoubleD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok.. rest of weekend was pretty different. Went out Saturday day with the new wing and gamed street sets. You really seem to need quite a bit of energy to game street sets. I mean when I opned with bullby personality it seemed to work and yet times that I opened up with just general talk they just seemed to keep walking. I guess i got rejected quite a few times in terms of women just keeping on walking without stopping.. and a couple of "Are you single?.. followed by a No with a shy smile" But I was really looking for the number rejections so still not doing well there.... hmmmm..

Sunday met up with a girl I had email closed months ago.. but she didn't look that hot so I thought **** it I'm not going to go physical on her. Although I did game her all day and she was hoping for some of me by the end of the night. Personality wise she's great! Something totally different.. but not something I feel attracted to for sex. At the end of the night I basically said to her.. "look I'm not going to sleep with you you're one of the first people that I've met that i can be friends with." She looked at me kinda hurt but she accepted it and moved on. LOL was great to be in a situation where I am the one saying "nah.. i'm not going to sleep with you" AHHAHA but thats what becoming a DJ is all about.

Today I rang the HB train chick I met a while ago but got no reply. I smsd her with something about a coffee after dinner but have heard nothing back so I'm guessing she's gone. Also SHB from quite a while back hasn't retured my sms so she's out of the picture too. SHB has gotten in contact and said cya soon.

I really need to work on my phone game. I was just reading week 5 and there are some great tips that I have not been following so I might move onto that anyway for more info/intel.

I am personally noticing more and more that I have almost no anxiety in my pickup. I can just appraoch chat and close quite easy in clubs.. and approach and chat easy in the streets. (still not great at Number close on my street game). Like on street game stopped and chatted up this dark haired model from the US working in Milan and it was fine.. I didn't even feel any OMG it was just a case of seeing her and going for it. Unfortunatly i shut down on number close but its all progress.

So all in all for week 4.. have been rejected a bit for trying to start conversationg etc.. and I really don't care. And have been rejeced after my 1st call attempts by two HBs.. I think its enough rejection. I mean it will keep on happening anyway so onwards... time to work on the phone game and converting that more. Hows everyone else going? Everyone seems to be going quiet?

dj2l8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 3...

Hey boyz,

DD, thanks for the openers. Very, very helpful. They will go a long way towards helping be get more comfortable with cold ones.

JakeTheSnake, man, you really should talk to someone about your sensitivity issues. Meanwhile, me and my honkey brethren will go hit on yellows, blacks, whites, browns, reds and greens. We will treat them with respect, while making light of our obvious differences, and then we will sleep with them. Actually, Zentra's Yellow, I'm a Diego-Whop and Mantra's a Limey! I don't know what DD is, let's call him a Mutt. Ha ha ha. Anyways dude, lighten up and bury the hatched and start BC'ing. If you want to see real bigotry, troll through the main board and look up some comments on homosexuality and lesbians. There, you'll find some real bigots who you could use a tongue lashing...

One more thing...Maverick! Good show on the BC. Do us a favor though, just post when you have news ok? There are a lot of us here. And congrats on the divorce...you're a free man!

Now the for news!

2 girl friends from finland came in this weekend. Went out Friday night with Mantra and for the first time in my life, I approached a chick who smiled at me. And this chick practically stared! After I saw it, my innerAFC tried to deny it and then I continued to talk to my girls...but I felt the pressure of the sosuave on my back and turned around. She's still smiling and looking talking to her friend. So I walked over...(with no plan mind you) she had 2 beers, one in each hand. So I said "You either need more hands or less beers." She laughed and away we went. About 5 minutes went by and *she* said, "give me your number so we can go out". I said 'give me yours" and she did. I called Sunday 2 days later, she said she'd call back. She did tonight. We'll hang this weekend.

I'd like to take the time to thank the BC community for this moment. Small though it may be, it's a biggie for me.

Anyways, Saturday went to another place. Some dorks were passing out notes that said "Will you Sleep with me" to girls and they got to my 2. Well, I saw that the hottie they were with was writing them...so when she walked off somewhere I grabbed the note from my girls and challenged her. "Are you responsible for this?" She says "yup, do you know what it says?" (it was in swedish...) anyways we chatted, but no chemistry happening. Nice try!

Now what happened next is a little bonus for you BC'ers. As me and the Finns were getting drunk, somehow one of them asked me if I had seen this, and the two started tongue kissing in front of me! Now this sh*t doesn't happen in Sweden. They finished and I said " actually, yes I've seen it before. I've had 2 3 threesomes (which is the truth, I have the pics ;-) But all in all, I give that kiss about a 7!" and I laughed. They looked horrified. Then they said, "oh yeah?" then they really went at it. When they finished I said "Ok, that was a 9"
But the only way you get a 10 is if I'm in there. So we proceeded to have a 3-way makeout session in the middle of the bar."

Now, you'll probably be asking what happened next, but honestly I didn't push the issue. We talked a bit about how far they had been together (not far)...but since they were both about 5/6's it would have been a challenge for me to stay interested.

Anyways, just thought I would share that one for fun.

Good luck guys, I've got 8 approaches to go!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor
This thread is designed for guys age 25 and older
then why are you posting it here?

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of doing a bootcamp because I think I'm slipping a little. Been busy, but that is not excuse.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a quick post chaps, to say that I'm off to Australia today. Am officially on wk 5 of BC but I will treat Australia as an experiment in kamikaze approaches, and hedonism with traveller chicks. ie. develop a more confident sexual side to my DJing, where in the past I have always been a liitle too 'careful'. I will then probably redo wk 4 of BC when I get back to Sweden to stock up on some numbers b4 a new wk 5.

I spoke to dj2l8 last night and mentioned that I would try to post sometime on my travels to update you all on my progress. Well done dj by the way - you're making some real progress and reaping the benefits of your 'studies' now.
Keep up the great work Double D - inspiring stuff, especially as you're not in your native country.

Speek to y'all soon.

The Mantra of Universal Realization