3rd annual Anti-approach anxiety competition

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Parad0x said:
Guys just a reminder we are pretty much half-way done, the end of the week creeps up fast so get going!
That's just it. I live in the suburbs, work at a high school with teenagers and old wives. I constantly have to attend **** last minute. I made an effort to go to a bar tonight and have go. NOTHING. That said, I did pass up a couple of opportunities earlier in the week that would have helped. Hoping an event gets rained out so I can go to a mall or cafe or something.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
2: some dude walkin by me

Me: Nice sunglasses bro!!!!!!

3: walk by an old lady

Me: I like your shoes ma'am!!!!!!!

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nite said:
I have 2/12 maybe

first one yesterday (I'm not sure if this counts)

I was at walmart, girl prob 25 almost runs into me
I said You're great at driving that cart
fluff for 30 seconds then bye

not sure cause she almost ran into me, plus does that kind of "compliment" count

2nd one
Store hopping to find and hb5+, it sucks around here.
Saw a 6 holding a child's alligator, told her it was a nice alligator, she giggled and said it was her daughters. she looked late twenties.
I feel obligated to say i *****ed out of a 7 who looked about 22.
You could've just made an "oops" sound & walked away. You prolonged the interaction and handled it differently than most guys would have handled it. In my book, this is valid.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest I'm surprised I remember these 2. Brutal game of pub golf, all the holes were par 1, ended up chundering on the last (10th) hole with a score of +2.

Anyway here you go.

#3 - In the first pub starting off and there was another group of girls doing their own pub golf circuit. I got talking to one HB5 briefly, told her she had a nice golf hat. Nothing else because we prety much left for the next pub straight afer I said it.

4# - 3rd pub, I thanked the landlord for giving us the drinks for cheaper than normal because we bought around 20 in one go, later complimented that he ran a nice pub, I hope that counts.

5# - In the que geting cash out after the game had finished, I was smashed and tried jumping the que because it was cold as hell. Then tried talking to a HB5 who I just jumped in front of, she disliked me no end, and told me to get to the back of the line, I compromised and let her go back ahead of me. Complimented her on her dress, told her it was a nice red colour, she did not appreciate it. Chatted for the rest of the que, but it was obvious she just wanted to ge away, I couldn't have cared less, I was off it.

So if those 3 count that put's me on 5/12 & 3/8 HB's

Gunner

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Halfway done.

4. Girl in my building I've never seen before. I used the shoe line you guys threw out because she had some wacky boots on. Just said "Nice boots" and pointed at them and she said "Thanks" and kept walking.

5. HB8 parked next to me as I was walking out of the mall. She got out of her car and I locked eyes.

Me: Hi
HB8: Hi
Me: What's the dealer plate for (it said dealer) did you steal that car?
HB8: Ha no my dad owns a dealership
Me: Oh so you're rich?
HB8: Not really - I guess.

I ask her where she's from, where she works, etc. I get her name.

Me: Listen I'm meeting someone for dinner but you seem pretty cool - give me your number and I'll call you.
HB8: Sure (gives number)

That was at around 7PM. I texted her at 10PM:

Me: Hey it was nice meeting you at the mall tonight - (my name)
HB8: Nice to meet you too :)

I will call her at some point to ask for drinks.

6. HB7 at gas station

Me: Wow it's FREEZING
HB7: I know right it's sooo cold!
Me: Oh you have those fingerless gloves? Cool I need to get me a pair.
HB7: Yeah they are nice you can use a phone with them.

blah blah where are you from/ work etc

Me: So listen I'm meeting someone for dinner but give me your number.
HB7: Oh (removes glove) I just got engaged on Valentines Day!
Me: (doh) Ha ok well congratulations!
HB7: Thanks

I don't live in a busy part of the city and it's been cold so haven't seen many HBs out. I'm sure I will be able to get the other 6 by Sunday night in the city though.

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today on the train I had the choice to sit next to a kid or 2 girls. Dunno how, but the next moment i was sitting next to the girls. Was breathing pretty fast, because I ran to catch the train. They made fun about it. Asked them where they were going, had some smalltalk, said "have fun" when they left. Didn't compliment them, but making babysteps.
Offered my seat to some older ladies afterwards.

I notice that I'm getting less socially awkward.

Still:
1/12

Wolfbones

Don Juan
Reaction score
Packers2010 said:
just so you know im fapping during this.. yes i am adicted
You could say that you're - wait for it -...... add1ckted. Hehe.

I haven't been going anywhere just to my school this whole week so I'm starting tomorrow when I hit up the mall. :D

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NN, I tried what you said without even reading your post one day. This chick had black and white shoes on so I went up to her and said:

FBN: Nice shoes, you should call them the "zebras"
Grl: Haha, thanks! I never thought of that.
FBN: What would you call them?
Grl: Haha, I don't know! (She was really giggly)
FBN: Well what's YOUR name?
Grl: *I FORGOT*, what's yours?

The convo went on for longer, but the shoe thing was a really good opener. Another girl was wearing ugg boots, so I did it like this:

FBN: What kind of shoes are those?
Grl: Ugg boots
FBN: Why would you say that? (Ugg = "ugh")
*She busted up laughing*
Grl: lmao, it's way too cold for that sh!t, but that was cute!
FBN: Haha, where you heading off too... (I drawled the word out as if asking her name)
Grl: Back home, and my name is R-*something, forgot again..*

But yeah, the shoes really help you get in there, haha. I'm not in the competition, but I'll throw in any piece of mind I find useful.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sh!t... I completely forgot about the competition... I have my head full of other problems right now...

I probably won't be able to catch up now... I'll see how tomorrow goes... though I don't really feel comfortable approaching at school and there aren't many occasions other than at school.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
^Excuses man, you could get this week's challenge done in all of 30 seconds

Wolfbones

Don Juan
Reaction score
NobodyCares1 said:
I probably won't be able to catch up now... I'll see how tomorrow goes... though I don't really feel comfortable approaching at school and there aren't many occasions other than at school.
I too don't feel comfortable approaching at school (could cause awkward encounters in the near future) so I'm hitting up the mall tomorrow. You should do it too. It won't take you long to finish this week's task, just like sage pointed out. You can do it bro!

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uncharted said:
Why don't you feel comfortable at school? There are tons of young HBs there!!
Yeah I know... but still when I'm at school I'm usually busy with other stuff or just talk with my friends, though tomorrow I might try some stuff...

Mall could be but I live in a small town so the mall is really small too and there are girls just after school and they are always in groups. To be honest I joined this challenge just for fun, I don't have that big AA. One problem is that since this is such a small town almost every person I approach has at least one mutual friend with me. It happened to me only two or three times that a girl I approached didn't have any mutual friend with me.

Other thing is that this task doesn't really fit me, I'm not used to give girls compliments right away, I usually start either with something ****y or just with simple hi.

I know you might think these are excuses but well I'm writing a school leaving exam in two weeks so that's my primary focus right now. Next week I have holidays so that will probably weak too, but we'll see.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally got one. HB7 at Ross. Just said thanks, but at last I'm moving.

Went next door and saw a HB6 noticed she was tall and asked her about it. Had a short conversation about basketball. Thats where she met her husband. Oh well.

Same store and getting ready to approach a HB9 until she turns around and I recognize her as a senior at my HS. Not getting fired for this contest.

2 HBs down.

Last edited:

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NobodyCares1 said:
Yeah I know... but still when I'm at school I'm usually busy with other stuff or just talk with my friends, though tomorrow I might try some stuff...

Mall could be but I live in a small town so the mall is really small too and there are girls just after school and they are always in groups. To be honest I joined this challenge just for fun, I don't have that big AA. One problem is that since this is such a small town almost every person I approach has at least one mutual friend with me. It happened to me only two or three times that a girl I approached didn't have any mutual friend with me.

Other thing is that this task doesn't really fit me, I'm not used to give girls compliments right away, I usually start either with something ****y or just with simple hi.

I know you might think these are excuses but well I'm writing a school leaving exam in two weeks so that's my primary focus right now. Next week I have holidays so that will probably weak too, but we'll see.

You're not suppsoed to be comfortable with these challenges. Hence why they're designed to get you OUT of your comfort zone. Once you get started on this, it becomes a piece of cake.

I don't want to put any added pressure on you but this is by far the easiest challenge you're going to get. You don't have to get a number or a lay. Just exchange a few words. That's it.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Gray The Prince said:
You're not suppsoed to be comfortable with these challenges. Hence why they're designed to get you OUT of your comfort zone. Once you get started on this, it becomes a piece of cake.

I don't want to put any added pressure on you but this is by far the easiest challenge you're going to get. You don't have to get a number or a lay. Just exchange a few words. That's it.
I literally just realized what going out of your comfort zone actually is .... lol. I am with Nobodycares, when im on campus i cant think about anything besides class. Like ill shut everyone out. Damn overactive mind.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:

You are right, just a week is really short time for me to do 12 approaches... I'll see what I can do today but I don't see it very brightly.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost done - been out of town but today I'm home. Been hair, clothes. ill see if there's some cool shoes today. :D