2nd annual approach anxiety competition

Young Rocketship

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any videos or articles you would recommend for this challenge? I'm just asking cuz the ones you posted for the first challenge were a great deal of help to me.

R

Rubato

2 Today

I called my wing up after the first one because I started doing today what normally I would have been doing the 1st week of school (and this is week 3)!!! It's freaking about time! By the end of the 1st week of last semester, I had over 10 #'s. I had 1 this time (and I differentiate labs from class because when you work with someone in lab, if you don't talk to them... I don't even know how you couldn't)

Anyways.

In stats class, I sat next to an HB 8.5. My doctor has me switching monthly now from Ritalin to Dexedrine/Adderall because I'm getting so tolerant to the Ritalin so today was day 2 on Dex. I have been uber focused and to be honest, didn't even noticed I sat next to a fairly beautiful girl. I made some bro banter with my dude in front of me and I started doing the HW assignment while the prof was lecturing. My bro texts me and asks me if the girl to my right is cute. I look and sure enough, she is! So he tells me to make something happen.

I had said a few off handed things that weren't meant for her that she responded to, so I already gauged her as fairly open. I ripped out a half piece of notebook paper, made a tic tac toe board and put an X in the top right corner. I wrote "your turn" on the bottom and handed it to her. I beat her. I made it a point to not focus too much on her because not only was I really in the zone focused, but I wanted to get my HW done and not focus too much on her.

After the game, I started thinking about what to write next, but she took the paper from me and drew a hang man's gallows on it and the dashes for the words I was supposed to guess in the category "food or drink". With only 2 misses, I got "chocolate milk"

As I sized this girl up, I realized she was a feistier person based on how she dressed (low cut shirt, even though it's freaking cold outside, tight ripped pants, ect) and that she continued to open me after I had stopped. So I thought for a second about a sexual word I could use in my hangman's game that wouldn't be too ridiculous, and the best I could come up with in 30 seconds was "Lolly pop" (and my wing told me later it's actually spelled Lolli Pop...)

She got the "pop" but bombed out on the rest. After a full body, facial features, and accessories, class was over and she wanted to know what it was. If I spelled it right, she prolly would have gotten it! She was hitting me during lecture while I was working on my assignment asking me if her letter was right. We both coincidentally missed class yesterday and had to ask the teacher about an assignment, so she asked me if I would go up with her. I gave her the paper and told her I wasn't going to tell her what the word was and she was going to have to figure it out for HW. If she got it right, I told her I'd ask her for her number.

"But what if I don't get it??"

"That's just a risk you're going to have to take. ;) ) (I did wink)

We went up to the prof and she got distracted with one of her girlfriends and I got the assignment from the guy. She comes up after he puts his folder away and embarrassingly asks if he'll get it back out for her. I told her that she needs to stop being so rude and catch the busy professor when he's got his stuff out. She hit me again and I left. I don't know her name.

Second girl was in my qual lab.

I have actually already gotten 2 numbers in there. I know for a fact I could get a few more, but there is one more girl I really want to close. This girl is so freaking beautiful that when she goes up to get chemicals from the hood, guys get out of the way for her and let her cut in line. It's sickening. I was at the hood once and she bumped in to me and started to excuse herself. I looked at her and said

"I didn't say you could touch me".

She laughed and said she'd be more careful, as she purposefully bumped in to me much harder on her way out. She got done super early today (because she never has to wait, unless I'm there.... :yawn: ), but she gave me a big smile and wink on the way out. Next time I'm closing her.

The first girl I closed (Morgan) has had me open the combination lock on her door ever since I got her number because she "just can't figure it out [pout pout]". Good Lord. She was pretty flirty with me today but did not accept my invitation to go to the club with me this past weekend. She said she had a lot of HW and studying to do and was too tired by the time it came around. Whatever.

I didn't have to open the girl I closed today. I mentioned something about having gone rock climbing in the gym before class and this HB 8.5 (Brooke) next to me asks "Oh, you go climbing?" Her and Morgan both kept perpetually talking to me and asking me for "help" on very simple things. They kept bumping in to me, invading my personal space. I had a hot water bath set up early (and on purpose) under my hood and of course, both girls have to use mine. Which means they spend the lab very close to me, usually making some form of physical contact through the arms, shoulders, or hips.

I finished early, because as the class and my TA says, I have "James Bond" like lab technique and am a chemistry beast. This is the 2nd semester chemistry lab for 1st year students and I have taken 3 years of chemistry now (out of sequence, obviously). So I know my stuff.

As I go to leave, I know I want to close Brooke. Morgan and Brooke both stop me and tell me not to leave because they might need help. Morgan volunteers that they should fire our current TA and replace her with me. After much hassle, I pack up my things. Brooke had said she's never been climbing before earlier, so I told her to give me her digits and I'd give her a call the next time I go (prolly Friday... but they amped up the difficulty of the wall quite a bit, so I might wait till next week to take her with me to give me time to get used to the harder routes). You could see a flare of jealously inside of Morgan's eyes.

3 more. And this is a freaking easy assignment. Honestly, if you can't find 5 (EDIT - 3) girls to open and make small talk with in a week, you don't want to be a DJ bad enough.

EDIT - since I technically didn't open the 2nd girl, I will not count that.

2 more girls to open.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young Rocketship said:
Any videos or articles you would recommend for this challenge? I'm just asking cuz the ones you posted for the first challenge were a great deal of help to me.

I honestly don't watch a lot of videos regarding this stuff. I think Robyn knows a few things that'll help you out.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
2 Today

I called my wing up after the first one because I started doing today what normally I would have been doing the 1st week of school (and this is week 3)!!! It's freaking about time! By the end of the 1st week of last semester, I had over 10 #'s. I had 1 this time (and I differentiate labs from class because when you work with someone in lab, if you don't talk to them... I don't even know how you couldn't)

Anyways.

In stats class, I sat next to an HB 8.5. My doctor has me switching monthly now from Ritalin to Dexedrine/Adderall because I'm getting so tolerant to the Ritalin so today was day 2 on Dex. I have been uber focused and to be honest, didn't even noticed I sat next to a fairly beautiful girl. I made some bro banter with my dude in front of me and I started doing the HW assignment while the prof was lecturing. My bro texts me and asks me if the girl to my right is cute. I look and sure enough, she is! So he tells me to make something happen.

I had said a few off handed things that weren't meant for her that she responded to, so I already gauged her as fairly open. I ripped out a half piece of notebook paper, made a tic tac toe board and put an X in the top right corner. I wrote "your turn" on the bottom and handed it to her. I beat her. I made it a point to not focus too much on her because not only was I really in the zone focused, but I wanted to get my HW done and not focus too much on her.

After the game, I started thinking about what to write next, but she took the paper from me and drew a hang man's gallows on it and the dashes for the words I was supposed to guess in the category "food or drink". With only 2 misses, I got "chocolate milk"

As I sized this girl up, I realized she was a feistier person based on how she dressed (low cut shirt, even though it's freaking cold outside, tight ripped pants, ect) and that she continued to open me after I had stopped. So I thought for a second about a sexual word I could use in my hangman's game that wouldn't be too ridiculous, and the best I could come up with in 30 seconds was "Lolly pop" (and my wing told me later it's actually spelled Lolli Pop...)

She got the "pop" but bombed out on the rest. After a full body, facial features, and accessories, class was over and she wanted to know what it was. If I spelled it right, she prolly would have gotten it! She was hitting me during lecture while I was working on my assignment asking me if her letter was right. We both coincidentally missed class yesterday and had to ask the teacher about an assignment, so she asked me if I would go up with her. I gave her the paper and told her I wasn't going to tell her what the word was and she was going to have to figure it out for HW. If she got it right, I told her I'd ask her for her number.

"But what if I don't get it??"

"That's just a risk you're going to have to take. ;) ) (I did wink)

We went up to the prof and she got distracted with one of her girlfriends and I got the assignment from the guy. She comes up after he puts his folder away and embarrassingly asks if he'll get it back out for her. I told her that she needs to stop being so rude and catch the busy professor when he's got his stuff out. She hit me again and I left. I don't know her name.

Excellent, there really isn't anything to critique other than you not knowing her name or getting her number but, you'll see her again so that's not a problem, plus you'll even a platform as well. You were confident, you used your noggin with the tic-tac-toe which was freaking genius. Pretty good.

Second girl was in my qual lab.

I have actually already gotten 2 numbers in there. I know for a fact I could get a few more, but there is one more girl I really want to close. This girl is so freaking beautiful that when she goes up to get chemicals from the hood, guys get out of the way for her and let her cut in line. It's sickening. I was at the hood once and she bumped in to me and started to excuse herself. I looked at her and said

"I didn't say you could touch me".

She laughed and said she'd be more careful, as she purposefully bumped in to me much harder on her way out. She got done super early today (because she never has to wait, unless I'm there.... :yawn: ), but she gave me a big smile and wink on the way out. Next time I'm closing her.

The first girl I closed (Morgan) has had me open the combination lock on her door ever since I got her number because she "just can't figure it out [pout pout]". Good Lord. She was pretty flirty with me today but did not accept my invitation to go to the club with me this past weekend. She said she had a lot of HW and studying to do and was too tired by the time it came around. Whatever.

I didn't have to open the girl I closed today. I mentioned something about having gone rock climbing in the gym before class and this HB 8.5 (Brooke) next to me asks "Oh, you go climbing?" Her and Morgan both kept perpetually talking to me and asking me for "help" on very simple things. They kept bumping in to me, invading my personal space. I had a hot water bath set up early (and on purpose) under my hood and of course, both girls have to use mine. Which means they spend the lab very close to me, usually making some form of physical contact through the arms, shoulders, or hips.

I finished early, because as the class and my TA says, I have "James Bond" like lab technique and am a chemistry beast. This is the 2nd semester chemistry lab for 1st year students and I have taken 3 years of chemistry now (out of sequence, obviously). So I know my stuff.

As I go to leave, I know I want to close Brooke. Morgan and Brooke both stop me and tell me not to leave because they might need help. Morgan volunteers that they should fire our current TA and replace her with me. After much hassle, I pack up my things. Brooke had said she's never been climbing before earlier, so I told her to give me her digits and I'd give her a call the next time I go (prolly Friday... but they amped up the difficulty of the wall quite a bit, so I might wait till next week to take her with me to give me time to get used to the harder routes). You could see a flare of jealously inside of Morgan's eyes.

3 more. And this is a freaking easy assignment. Honestly, if you can't find 5 (EDIT - 3) girls to open and make small talk with in a week, you don't want to be a DJ bad enough.

I like how you stay hard on yourself. You're a hard worker, it's pretty obvious that you want to be a DJ. I look forward to your next approaches.

EDIT - since I technically didn't open the 2nd girl, I will not count that.

2 more girls to open.

Responses in teal.

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I show a girl that used to hang around with some old friends of mine! She is HB 9! So, I went to her and said:

Me: Hey, I remember you! You used to hang out with bla bla bla!
Her: Yeah, I remember you too!
Me: I also recall you were fanatically playing backgammon (I'm not sure if this is the correct game anyway)
Her: Yeah I was and still are! I was fanatic cause I was always winning due to lack!
Me: Let's play then sometime, they say I'm lucky too so it will be fun winning you!
Her: Haha, you will lose anyway!
Me: Ok, next time I see you around we can deal this!
Her: I'll be here tomorrow around 5pm!
Me: What day is tomorrow?
Her: Friday
Me: (thinking a bit) Ok, I think I'll make it
Her: Be here! (in a command way)
Me: Laughed and went back to my friends!

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday, I played in "Romeo & Juliet" at our school.
Afterwards I walked to a girl I knew (who was talking with a HB7) So I talked to her for a while, after that I engaged the hot girl in the conversation. Asked why she was here, if she liked it, then I started talking to the other people that came standing with us. When I had to go (we were with 5 people) I shook hands, and said: "*name*, thanks for everything. See you later." Said the same to the second guy. Then I shook the girls hand, looked at her with some kinda questioning look and she said her name, so I repeated that and did the same thing as I did at the two other guys. Dunno if I talked 3 minutes, probably not, but at least I talked to her :)

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMusic said:
Yesterday, I played in "Romeo & Juliet" at our school.
Afterwards I walked to a girl I knew (who was talking with a HB7) So I talked to her for a while, after that I engaged the hot girl in the conversation. Asked why she was here, if she liked it, then I started talking to the other people that came standing with us. When I had to go (we were with 5 people) I shook hands, and said: "*name*, thanks for everything. See you later." Said the same to the second guy. Then I shook the girls hand, looked at her with some kinda questioning look and she said her name, so I repeated that and did the same thing as I did at the two other guys. Dunno if I talked 3 minutes, probably not, but at least I talked to her :)

Well done bro, keep looking for opportunities to talk to girls you will get better.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanit0 said:
Today I show a girl that used to hang around with some old friends of mine! She is HB 9! So, I went to her and said:

Me: I also recall you were fanatically playing backgammon (I'm not sure if this is the correct game anyway)
Her: Yeah I was and still are! I was fanatic cause I was always winning due to lack!
Me: Let's play then sometime, they say I'm lucky too so it will be fun winning you!

Man i envy you, Athenian girls are so fit and i reckon backgammon (portis) can be part of a awesome coffee date.

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman81 said:
Man i envy you, Athenian girls are so fit and i reckon backgammon (portis) can be part of a awesome coffee date.
It's actually fun cause there is tension in the game! And I'm good at it! And I'll make her angry!! haha

ryanjevo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm late but i think im going to join the game and do the objectives starting with the first.

Wish I could have entered into the competition.

R

Rubato

I didn't feel like wasting any time today. I woke up late, got started late, got to class late. So when I got to class, I sat next to an HB 8 something. maybe an 8.5

It's such an easy class I just do my homework while the dude lectures and after a few problems, I type out a text in my phone and write on a piece of paper "put in your number" and pass it to the girl with my phone. And she did. This is how it went:

Me: Isn't this class just the greatest?!

Amanda (a different Amanda than my plate BTW): My favorite :)

Me: I think you're gonna grow up and do this for the rest of your life. you
can draw residuals professionally.

Amanda: Hahaha probably. I mean, I'm kinda talented

Me: Kinda doesn't cut it in this industry. It's about your soul and passion.

Amanda: Well of course. You need to really have a burning desire to
calculate slopes and SSE values to make it in this field

Me: I have a very important ? for you. it's basically a dealbreaker here.

Amanda: Shoot

Me: don't you dare take this lightly. there is a lot more than SEE sh*t riding on this.

Amanda: Ha I'm positively sick with anticipation

Me: That's better. Now

what's your name? Think carefully before responding.

Amanda: .... okay. I know this one. It's Penelope

Me: I'll trust that is the correct answer... and it will work. does anyone call you penny?

Amanda: Haha that is totally not true! It's Amanda. Cross my heart this time. So no, no one calls me Penny. More like Mandy.

Me: ok penny.

Amanda: Hahaha and who are you, may I ask?

Me: that's a good question, isn't it?

Amanda: What's it start with?

Me: You didn't do so well with our game of hangman last time.

Amanda: Ha- I thought about guessing orange pop but it doesn't fit.

Me: nope. I think i spelled it wrong though. my students call me sir. my friends call me a legend. you can call me rubato.

Amanda: Haha, well, till next time Sir James [class has ended at this pt].

So that's not a new one, but it's progress on an old one.

As an aside here, it's time to move on to step 2 and see the girl outside of class (which is beyond the scope of an approach event, but this seems like a good place to discus this). I've noticed that some people on the boards are very against the concept of guys "hanging out" with girls... and I'm not sure if this is because when guys say they're going to "hang out" with girls that's actually really all they do... hang out, never make any moves, and never understand why the girl ended up getting banged by some other guy. But man, this is college stuff. I didn't meet this chick at a bar or at the mall or anyone where like... I don't feel like I should have to take her out anywhere.

I'm thinking I should text her up (not this weekend because I have 2 already planned dates and a level of school work that will legit not leave me with any extra time - MY academics before women) and see about watching a movie at her apartment or wherever she lives and escalate from there.

What movie though? I've gotten hung up on this in the past and I guess it really doesn't matter. When I've gotten action from girls in the past "watching a movie", I either showed up with nothing and just picked something randomly at her place or just turned on the TV and preceded to make-out. If the girl has an IL sufficient to accept an invite for me over to her place to "watch a movie" and I can't get somewhere with her fairly quickly, I know it's not a situation worth further investment.

Thoughts?

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
I didn't feel like wasting any time today. I woke up late, got started late, got to class late. So when I got to class, I sat next to an HB 8 something. maybe an 8.5

It's such an easy class I just do my homework while the dude lectures and after a few problems, I type out a text in my phone and write on a piece of paper "put in your number" and pass it to the girl with my phone. And she did. This is how it went:

Me: Isn't this class just the greatest?!

Amanda (a different Amanda than my plate BTW): My favorite :)

Me: I think you're gonna grow up and do this for the rest of your life. you
can draw residuals professionally.

Amanda: Hahaha probably. I mean, I'm kinda talented

Me: Kinda doesn't cut it in this industry. It's about your soul and passion.

Amanda: Well of course. You need to really have a burning desire to
calculate slopes and SSE values to make it in this field

Me: I have a very important ? for you. it's basically a dealbreaker here.

Amanda: Shoot

Me: don't you dare take this lightly. there is a lot more than SEE sh*t riding on this.

Amanda: Ha I'm positively sick with anticipation

Me: That's better. Now

what's your name? Think carefully before responding.

Amanda: .... okay. I know this one. It's Penelope

Me: I'll trust that is the correct answer... and it will work. does anyone call you penny?

Amanda: Haha that is totally not true! It's Amanda. Cross my heart this time. So no, no one calls me Penny. More like Mandy.

Me: ok penny.

Amanda: Hahaha and who are you, may I ask?

Me: that's a good question, isn't it?

Amanda: What's it start with?

Me: You didn't do so well with our game of hangman last time.

Amanda: Ha- I thought about guessing orange pop but it doesn't fit.

Me: nope. I think i spelled it wrong though. my students call me sir. my friends call me a legend. you can call me rubato.

Amanda: Haha, well, till next time Sir James [class has ended at this pt].

So that's not a new one, but it's progress on an old one.

As an aside here, it's time to move on to step 2 and see the girl outside of class (which is beyond the scope of an approach event, but this seems like a good place to discus this). I've noticed that some people on the boards are very against the concept of guys "hanging out" with girls... and I'm not sure if this is because when guys say they're going to "hang out" with girls that's actually really all they do... hang out, never make any moves, and never understand why the girl ended up getting banged by some other guy. But man, this is college stuff. I didn't meet this chick at a bar or at the mall or anyone where like... I don't feel like I should have to take her out anywhere.

I'm thinking I should text her up (not this weekend because I have 2 already planned dates and a level of school work that will legit not leave me with any extra time - MY academics before women) and see about watching a movie at her apartment or wherever she lives and escalate from there.

What movie though? I've gotten hung up on this in the past and I guess it really doesn't matter. When I've gotten action from girls in the past "watching a movie", I either showed up with nothing and just picked something randomly at her place or just turned on the TV and preceded to make-out. If the girl has an IL sufficient to accept an invite for me over to her place to "watch a movie" and I can't get somewhere with her fairly quickly, I know it's not a situation worth further investment.

Thoughts?

You're pretty spot on. Just randomly pick something. It's not like you're actually going to watch the movie anyway.

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't expect too much from me. I'm in the middle of a test week. I gotta learn...

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanit0 said:

I like how you controlled the convo judging by what you put here. There's not much here to critique, you're approach was light and fairly smooth. It helped that you already kinda knw this girl and therefore that gave you an advantage. let us know how the little date goes.

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
I like how you controlled the convo judging by what you put here. There's not much here to critique, you're approach was light and fairly smooth. It helped that you already kinda knw this girl and therefore that gave you an advantage. let us know how the little date goes.
Yeah, I actually pmed you cause it didn't go as planned! I've made a post explaining what happened!

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191382

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today we went out with my friends cause 2 of them are going to army!
Probably you guys don't use this things in your country but in Greece we have a custom to throw flowers to each other! Those cost a lot of money!

So I order from the woman with the flower some banches!

She is kind and beautiful HB 9.

I make a comment that she is too slow bringing the flowers and we need more! (we bought a lot of them) She laughs and we start talking a little bit! At some point a friend of mine stands up to dance but the song isn't "dancable" and she says to me, (while trying to make fun of my friend) "tell him to dance it like it was blues"! I answer "away with you flower girl" and I kino her by pushing her slightly! We laugh and we keep talking about dancing! In the end of the night she comes to me and says, I need to get paid! I answer "I knew we would end up this way, it's a shame"! She laughs, I give her the money and as I leave I touch her arm saying goodnight! She replies "goodnight, come again"! I smile and leave the place!

I know it was just talking but she was working there and staff! I couln't make a move for dancing or something! I also didn't wanna ask for number cause she looked kinda older than me! We laughed though and had a nice convo about 20 mins total!

Last edited:

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanit0 said:
Today we went out with my friends cause 2 of them are going to army!
Probably you guys don't use this things in your country but in Greece we have a custom to throw flowers to each other! Those cost a lot of money!

So I order from the woman with the flower some banches!

She is kind and beautiful HB 9.

I make a comment that she is too slow bringing the flowers and we need more! (we bought a lot of them) She laughs and we start talking a little bit! At some point a friend of mine stands up to dance but the song isn't "dancable" and she says to me, (while trying to make fun of my friend) "tell him to dance it like it was blues"! I answer "away with you flower girl" and I kino her by pushing her slightly! We laugh and we keep talking about dancing! In the end of the night she comes to me and says, I need to get paid! I answer "I knew we would end up this way, it's a shame"! She laughs, I give her the money and as I leave I touch her arm saying goodnight! She replies "goodnight, come again"! I smile and leave the place!

I know it was just talking but she was working there and staff! I couln't make a move for dancing or something! I also didn't wanna ask for number cause she looked kinda older than me! We laughed though and had a nice convo about 20 mins total!

Very good. Keep it up.