2nd annual approach anxiety competition

Young Rocketship

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok these two convos were done while I was already out with a girl so i didn't go for numbers or anything.

I'm at one of the cafeterias on campus and am getting a drink when I see HB5. She's carrying a long wide carrying bag (primarily used by art majors) so I open her about her major and get into a nice mini convo as I myself am an artist. She responded really favorably to me and I felt like I could have gotten much more than a convo out of her but I didn't want to leave the girl I was with alone for too long and she really wasn't up to my standards physically anyway.

About 5 minutes later I'm in line waiting for my food and I see HB7 in front of me waiting. After spending 2 min thinking of a good opener (at least better than the "hey how are you?" that I overuse) I see that she's wearing an I <3 NY shirt and open her about that. Apparently she wasn't from NY but visited thanks to a program at our school and liked it. Had I not already been there with a girl I would have gotten her to eat with me and pursued a number.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young Rocketship said:
Ok these two convos were done while I was already out with a girl so i didn't go for numbers or anything.

I'm at one of the cafeterias on campus and am getting a drink when I see HB5. She's carrying a long wide carrying bag (primarily used by art majors) so I open her about her major and get into a nice mini convo as I myself am an artist. She responded really favorably to me and I felt like I could have gotten much more than a convo out of her but I didn't want to leave the girl I was with alone for too long and she really wasn't up to my standards physically anyway.

About 5 minutes later I'm in line waiting for my food and I see HB7 in front of me waiting. After spending 2 min thinking of a good opener (at least better than the "hey how are you?" that I overuse) I see that she's wearing an I <3 NY shirt and open her about that. Apparently she wasn't from NY but visited thanks to a program at our school and liked it. Had I not already been there with a girl I would have gotten her to eat with me and pursued a number.

Pretty good. Three more to go!

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey yall. just seen i got a strike.. maybe this might remove it.

i went out to manchester this weekend and had a blast. i went to a club on Friday night. i did talk to a few girls thought nothing really hit. i tired opening with the "thumb war" thing since it was loud in there. didn't really work.

anyway so other then that. i didn't really get much going for myself IN Manchester. HOWEVER. on the train ride home. i did talk to a girl for a little bit.

I sat across from her and for awhile we just kept looking at each other. she had headphones on. anyway. so after awhile some guy dropped a coat on her head and i said something about it. then the convo just flowed from there.

we talked for awhile about general stuff and things. she seamed pretty responsive.

after awhile I asked for her number and got it!

we got to talk about food since we had a long journey. she siad she was going to eat at subway. so a little while after i got home i messaged her with.

" enjoy the subway don't forget to get a chocolate chip cookie."

that was at like 6.. at 10 she messaged back. saying thanks it was yummy what's your name? ( i forgot to give my name. will remember for next time)

so after playing the ****y and funny fluff talk for a few messages. i asked when she was next free. she replayed with

" haha no idea maybe in the next couple of weeks."

i replayed with

" cool. so on Friday we are going for coffee and record shopping at 1:30"

she hasn't messaged back. That's ok though. if she doesn't i will just open her again on say Thursday or something and pretend it never happened.

pretty stoked to get a number that didn't flake. anything from here on out is a bonus! she studies close to me also. witch would be good for meet ups and stuff. but whatever. i was messaging girls on POF and texting her at the same time so.

i'm going to see how far i can push this. maybe to a day 2. i know it's unlikely. if all else fails i might just do the " AFC thing" and go the " lets just be friends" root. i DON'T have any friends here yet, so if all fails on the " dating side" of things, i will just DROP the ****y and funny and just tell her i am inviting her out as a friend only.

The Plan ahead:

my idea is if she replies with the " i have a bf" crap. i will just tell her:

i don't even know if you have made the friend level yet! that's why we are meeting for coffee if it was a date it would be in a fancy restaurant like MacDonalds.

WHAT I LEARNT FROM THE ABOVE HAPPENINGS!

i realize now i can open in a situation. i used to go up to girls who was buying drinks at a bar and ask them what they was drinking and go from there I am having trouble talking to them face up. as in. if they are sitting on the train doing nothing. i need to work on this.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have returned to the forum, guys!

Packers2010 said:
hey yall. just seen i got a strike.. maybe this might remove it.

i went out to manchester this weekend and had a blast. i went to a club on Friday night. i did talk to a few girls thought nothing really hit. i tired opening with the "thumb war" thing since it was loud in there. didn't
really work.

:rolleyes: What? Thumb war is awesome and I have used it with great results, haha. Do not allow a woman to change who you are or the jokes/sayings you have. Thumb war shows you can just be a kid sometimes and enjoy a simple moment without overanalyzing situations.

anyway so other then that. i didn't really get much going for myself IN Manchester. HOWEVER. on the train ride home. i did talk to a girl for a little bit.

I sat across from her and for awhile we just kept looking at each other. she had headphones on. anyway. so after awhile some guy dropped a coat on her head and i said something about it. then the convo just flowed from there.

Good, these openers are the most assertive because they create a "natural" flow in the interaction. Keep using these and don't be discouraged to use literally anything to open.
we talked for awhile about general stuff and things. she seamed pretty responsive.

after awhile I asked for her number and got it!

we got to talk about food since we had a long journey. she siad she was going to eat at subway. so a little while after i got home i messaged her with.

" enjoy the subway don't forget to get a chocolate chip cookie."

Mmm...you could have done better with this. If I were the chick, it would seem to me that you were just sitting around bored and had nothing better to talk about than a cookie in a restaurant. Improvise next time and CALL in a day or two instead of texting.

that was at like 6.. at 10 she messaged back. saying thanks it was yummy what's your name? ( i forgot to give my name. will remember for next time)

so after playing the ****y and funny fluff talk for a few messages.

be careful with C&F over text messages. It is very easy to misinterpret what someone tells you in writing--especially if that person is a woman. i asked when she was next free. she replayed with

" haha no idea maybe in the next couple of weeks."

This alone should have given you and idea of her low IL. A woman who is interested in you will not wait a "couple of weeks" to see you. Remember that you are the prize in this game, not her. If she really wanted to see you, she would have made time to see you. It's important that you learn to recognize these signs to avoid wasting time in plates that are not microwave safe, if you know what I mean.
i replayed with

" cool. so on Friday we are going for coffee and record shopping at 1:30"

This is weak. Again, most women don't take texting seriously. It is more of an entertainment source for them. There are many who have self-esteem issues/insecurities (especially with the women portrayed in the media that are "perfect"). This is the disease AW have, so keep an eye out for these girls. On a good note, I think the way you "verbalized" inviting her to go out with you is money! You simply made a statement of when and where you were meeting and did not give her a choice because you are the man; most women like this. I personally have a statement that is 90% similar to yours and rarely does it not work. If you get a girl giving you BS about your statement or saying you are controlling, it is most likely a sh!t test. If she says "why?" or "what makes you think I'm going?" keep your cool. Casually diffuse the test by giving her a reason & keeping an immaculate composure. Try something along the lines of "Cause I'm Packers2010 and it will be a lot of fun ; ] You know what I'm saying?" :yes:

she hasn't messaged back. That's ok though. if she doesn't i will just open her again on say Thursday or something and pretend it never happened.

She hasn't messaged you because she probably thinks you are not "manly" enough for her. I mean, you haven't taken the leadership by calling her. How does she know you will kiss her when it is right or that you won't be afraid of another male and confront him if he disrespects her or poses a threat? At a subconscious level, most women look for men who are no afraid to move forward, do what they want, or to take a stand. In fact, it is a turn-on for a significant number of women. Here is a little experiment for you: go out and interview a 3-5 women about their preferences when it comes to men and see what answers you get!

pretty stoked to get a number that didn't flake. anything from here on out is a bonus! she studies close to me also. witch would be good for meet ups and stuff. but whatever. i was messaging girls on POF and texting her at the same time so.

I used to get excited over little stuff all the time. I even came up with these day dreams and fantasies of how it all "fall in place" on its own and how good it would be. Unfortunately most of the time it doesn't work that way. When she starts calling you, or trying to get you to go out with her (inviting you places, banging you, etc) then you, my brother, have scored. In the meantime, try to stay away from strong emotions when it comes to new plates (unless they have proven themselves).

i'm going to see how far i can push this. maybe to a day 2. i know it's unlikely. if all else fails i might just do the " AFC thing" and go the " lets just be friends" root. i DON'T have any friends here yet, so if all fails on the " dating side" of things, i will just DROP the ****y and funny and just tell her i am inviting her out as a friend only.

No comment.

The Plan ahead:

my idea is if she replies with the " i have a bf" crap. i will just tell her:

i don't even know if you have made the friend level yet! that's why we are meeting for coffee if it was a date it would be in a fancy restaurant like MacDonalds.

WHAT I LEARNT FROM THE ABOVE HAPPENINGS!

i realize now i can open in a situation. i used to go up to girls who was buying drinks at a bar and ask them what they was drinking and go from there I am having trouble talking to them face up. as in. if they are sitting on the train doing nothing. i need to work on this.
This is what I like to hear. There is always room for improvement and self-help. However, I think you are doing pretty well for now by simply realizing you can approach with anything.

Good stuff, Packers2010.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ Robyn923b

thanks.

i do realize she had low il when she said that, that's why i just said, this is what we are doing take it or leave it.

i don't care that she hasn't txt back, so i will most likely call tomorrow or Friday, just have a random convo then she what she is up to next week.

this is my first number to txt back so i didn't know what to expect. i'm just happy i got it.

i got over excited because i got to this level now. it's like in Mario pass a check point in world one act one. you know. "I'm like like YES i could never get to this point before, do sure have a long way to go though. "

i would like to point out though i did say in our short text convo

her: ( she is trying to guess my name) "well as i don't watch star wars, i'm guessing Luke :p"
me: " you so lucky you cute! you best add luke to this number, you need to be educated girl!"
her: ( her response if you want it) " haha sweet:p hows ferryside?:p"

i know i am not going to get this girl i can tell her il is really low. i also know i could have gave my name at the time. ( I didn't) i also can improve in many areas. just pleased i made that check point you know.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zero strikes:
Donjuanit0
Rubato
YoungRocketship

On the hot seat with one strike:
Packers2010 (your post got your previous strike removed, however you received one for not completing this week's challenge)
Archway
TheMusic(I know you had tests this week, but still had to give you a strike anyway.)
Roman81
Badboyjmm

ELIMINATED:
AAAgent
Sidd10001110101
Martini92
Whitebelt
3countriesplan

We are officially in the Quarter-Finals of the competition! There are 8 gladiators left standing, 13 did not survive. The challenges are going to pick up in difficulty from here on out.

Challenge #4

Approach and number close 3 hb7+'s during the day and post a follow up with them. Even if they flake. You must also use your NIGHTGAME and number close at least 1 HB during a social event/place. (This could be a festival,club, party anything thats an event) and must also post a follow up as well.

Good luck.

Last edited:
R

Rubato

I haven't posted here in a little while. Life gets busy.

There are 2 other girls to note. The first one is Heather. She's a 3rd grade teacher and maybe... an 8.5 She has the face of a 9 but needs a few more curves to get the body to 9 status. I tried something different here since I've been coming to realize that I'm just way too serious of a guy sometimes. That's fine when I'm trying to become a surgeon or get my record finished, but not when I'm trying to inspire the imagination of a young lady and develop that elusive emotional connection :p

So I pretended she was my younger brother and I was just trolling her. I don't know that I actually really opened. I just walked up to her and started talking to her like I already knew her, telling her about my day and this song I've been working on. That caught her by surprise and she was laughing a little bit and told me she was a teacher. I could feel the serious part of me coming out when I asked her what made her want to be a teacher and nipped it on the bud.

A better conversation topic was how in the world she keeps all those 10 year old boys off of her. I realize that did give some validation to the fact that she's pretty, but it was better than serious "interview" type qualification. She told me that she had her class give her a list of things they wanted for Christmas and one of the kids gave her something that said they wanted her to find a boyfriend because she's so pretty. So, of course, I responded with:

"hahaha Heather wants a boyfriend, Heather wants a boyfriend..." in an obnoxious sing-songy tone, complete with finger pointing. Just like I was trolling my little brother. She turned really red, batted my hand away, but had the biggest smile on her face and was laughing.

I didn't answer any of her questions seriously. When she asked why I wanted to be a surgeon, I told her I like to cut people. She laughed and said "oh come on". Then I told her that I had originally wanted to be a butcher but decided to upgrade. More laughing. Finally I told her that I just wanted to save the world. :cool:

I told her I had to get going and she asked for my name. I said "my students call me sir. My friends call me a legend. But you can call me Rubato". I asked her for her number. And we have a date next week.

I met another girl named Krystal who is a total cluster B crazy. She is about a 9. This was what Mystery would have called a Fool's Bet. I met her at a new church I brought one of my girls to, coincidentally enough. Amanda had to use the restroom and while she was there, I saw a girl getting ready to walk out the door.

I walked over and told her that it was nice to see a young lady who was interested in spiritually minded things enough to show up for church. She smile and thanked me. I told her I didn't have time to talk and she was already on her way out, but I wanted to get to know her better. Standard line. She gave me her number. That was on Sunday.

Tuesday night/Wed morning I was over at her house banging her. I really didn't have to do anything for this. The girl take a lot of Valium and Xanax, rx'd I guess, and likes to textually escalate.

She's already dropped the L bomb on me. Good night.

I'm just not going to let her know anything more about me than me name and cell number. That way, when I can't take her issues any longer, I can disappear in to the night with a blocked cell number, never to be seen or heard from again.

R

Rubato

My state has been down lately. I closed Broke, girl today in my chem lab. I found out one of the girls I closed earlier has a BF. I don't like tagging girl's who have a BF. I've been on the receiving end of cheating and for me to endorse it accomplishes nothing except validate the untrustworthy nature of the would be cheater.

I'm gonna see if the Brooke is down for watching a movie later this week. She goes out every weekend, comes to class hungover on Mondays because she's been out drinking. She just turned 21. She asks me for a lot of help during lab. It may be because I'm just that good (which I am. I have James Bond like lab technique and chemistry knowledge). It may be because she finds me the sexy brute. If she's DTM (down to movie), that will be a much stronger clue than conjecture.

I need to jump back on this horse. There's another girl named Heather that I closed... the 3rd grade teacher. She implored me to call her. I did after about 4 days of getting the number. She has texted me twice telling me she will return the call, but she's legitimately busy with some weird elementary school work. I don't know. I'm ready to call phone/text flake.

I really need to start approaching more. Like I said, my state has been down, my motivation has been down, so much so that I wrote what I think is a rather embarrassing post on here earlier today looking for some perspective. I just haven't felt like doing it. Which is weird because I need to tag some a$$.

EDIT - As of Tuesday, I will be engaging in a media fast... TV, movies (unless they're a ploy for sex, in which case I wouldn't really be watching it), leisure internet use, ect. So I will not be posting on here for a week. If that gets me a strike, OK. I'll post the details of what went on next week. Take care guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
My state has been down lately. I closed Broke, girl today in my chem lab. I found out one of the girls I closed earlier has a BF. I don't like tagging girl's who have a BF. I've been on the receiving end of cheating and for me to endorse it accomplishes nothing except validate the untrustworthy nature of the would be cheater.

I'm gonna see if the Brooke is down for watching a movie later this week. She goes out every weekend, comes to class hungover on Mondays because she's been out drinking. She just turned 21. She asks me for a lot of help during lab. It may be because I'm just that good (which I am. I have James Bond like lab technique and chemistry knowledge). It may be because she finds me the sexy brute. If she's DTM (down to movie), that will be a much stronger clue than conjecture.

I need to jump back on this horse. There's another girl named Heather that I closed... the 3rd grade teacher. She implored me to call her. I did after about 4 days of getting the number. She has texted me twice telling me she will return the call, but she's legitimately busy with some weird elementary school work. I don't know. I'm ready to call phone/text flake.

I really need to start approaching more. Like I said, my state has been down, my motivation has been down, so much so that I wrote what I think is a rather embarrassing post on here earlier today looking for some perspective. I just haven't felt like doing it. Which is weird because I need to tag some a$$.

EDIT - As of Tuesday, I will be engaging in a media fast... TV, movies (unless they're a ploy for sex, in which case I wouldn't really be watching it), leisure internet use, ect. So I will not be posting on here for a week. If that gets me a strike, OK. I'll post the details of what went on next week. Take care guys.

Yeah, you'll get a strike. But, when you post how this week goes next week, it'll get removed.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm moving to another city and i'm super busy, i realise i got a strike for not posting for the 3rd challenge. For me this one was easy i did all in one saturday afternoon.
I went for coffee with a friend. Usually we sit for an hour or so at this cafe right in the middle of the student area so there are lots options.

2 set HB 7s

I heard these two speaking Russian, after ordering i walked up to them and asked if my friend and i could share their table as it was busy. They said yes and i thanked them in Russian, they loved it and we talked for a good while.

Same place HB 8 + 2 HB6

I opened these by saying hi and asking them for an opinion and then did the best friend test, talked for about 15 minutes but had to go.

At the bakery near my house HB8

The area where i live has a lot of students and migrant workers from eastern europe, i was in line to get served when this girl jumps the queue, i called her out on it and we started talking, she was polish, has a great body. I didn't do anything to engage her in convo but made sure my body language and my eye contact were solid, didn't manage to number close. (I met her later on that night through my wing i'll post about it later.

Post office 2 set HB 7 + HB8 oriental

I walked up to them, good eye contact and body language

Me: Excuse me are you Chinese
Hb: Yes
Me: your quite tall for a chinese girl
Hb: gigles, it's these (points to her heels)
Me: they look good give us a spin (took her hand and spun her round)
We talked for a bit more they got served before me and left.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on all the numbers aquired so far

1. Hb9 from the first challenge, i have seen this girl 4 times up to now, even thought she played some games we are well on our way to bed. Last time i saw her i got her to come over to my place, we just fooled around. My plan is to invite her to mine for dinner and a movie, hopefully close the deal before i leave.

2. Hb6 this girl has a really nice body and an average face and a great personality, we've been out once already and she is well up for it and i see no issues in getting her in bed. My plan for the second date is to go for drinks and take her back to my place.

3.Hb7 this girl had really hi IL when we first met, we texted a while but she flaked on me not once but twice. I went no contact for 5 days. she called me saying sorry and how i should let her make it up to me. I'm keeping her at arms length at the moment.

4.Hb7.75, this girl i knew from my work. I think that she has some self-esteem issues, she recently came out of a Ltr. She asked me over to her place and talked my ear off (nothing happened). Next night she was at my place, i set the scene well got some wine, some good tunes, candles and made sure the place was clean. From the moment she walked in she knew my intentions.
We ****ed most of the night and she ended up staying all the next day. She knows i'm being transferred from my job and has made it clear she doesn't want a relationship.

5.HB8 we went for a date but she seemed quite shy, the date was uneventful, i called her a few days later she said she was busy and that she would call me back, she never did. I haven't bothered calling her again.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
4th Challenge

I only get 2 days a week to myself and i'm finding this one quite hard. The main reason is that due to being transferred with work i'm house hunting on my days off. So if i get the numbers during night game do they still count. Another thing to note where i am it gets dark at around 5pm and the city is covered in snow with temperatures dipping bellow zero. Hence there are very few girls to game during the day and most of them are hired guns.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roman81( Great re-surge this week)
Donjuanit0
Rubato (Like I said above, just go ahead and post next week and you'll go back to 0 strikes.)
YoungRocketship

ELIMINATED:
Packers2010 (If you did do something this week and haven't posted it, go ahead and post it and you'll get your strike removed.)
Archway
TheMusic
Badboyjmm

Alright, so we are down to semi-finals aka the Top 4. This is where me, Robyn, AJ and Deicide remained in a stalemate for weeks and ended up in a 4-way tie. This week here will be a non-elimination week. My apologies for being a little late with this.

Bonus Challenge

Approach and Number close 2 HB7+'s during the day or night and follow-up soon after.

Complete this challenge and a strike gets removed. Best of luck to all and you should use this upcoming weekend to your advantage.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl from the bakery

Turns out that the guy i've been sargin' with knew her, he asked her to bring a friend and come out with for drinks. She brought a friend and we went for it.
My friend is by far the most sexual guy i have ever known, as soon as we met them he was escelating kino, flirting and making jokes. After two drinks my friend says let's go to my place, the girls didn't hesitate. Once there he told the girls to put some music on and i went to make drinks. By the time i was back (2/3 minutes) he was massaging one of the girls. This guy just keeps going building tension, touching, feeling it didn't take long before they were kissing and then he asked her if she wanted to see his guitar, took her by the hand and led her to another room. The hb8 and i talked **** for a bit and when i started kino she responded really well and started kissing me...long and the short of it we ended up in bed.
There is a twist at some point in the night my friend comes into the room completley naked and says "swap time" my shock must have shown because the girl said don't worry my friend won't mind we've done this before. So i went to the other room.
The other girl was maybe a six and half, i wanted to bang her. After some foreplay i couldn't get it up and went to sleep.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
Roman81( Great re-surge this week)
Donjuanit0
Rubato (Like I said above, just go ahead and post next week and you'll go back to 0 strikes.)
YoungRocketship

ELIMINATED:
Packers2010 (If you did do something this week and haven't posted it, go ahead and post it and you'll get your strike removed.)
Archway
TheMusic
Badboyjmm

Alright, so we are down to semi-finals aka the Top 4. This is where me, Robyn, AJ and Deicide remained in a stalemate for weeks and ended up in a 4-way tie. This week here will be a non-elimination week. My apologies for being a little late with this.

Bonus Challenge

Approach and Number close 2 HB7+'s during the day or night and follow-up soon after.

Complete this challenge and a strike gets removed. Best of luck to all and you should use this upcoming weekend to your advantage.
Ok, this friday and saturday were good days to party, pulled a good range of girls from sixes to eights, got 7 numbers in total. 2 of these i'm not gonna bother with as it's a bit of a busy time. I have to say that the AA is almost not there (could be the booze) asking for numbers is no longer the issue. I'm getting to the point where i can gauge their IL reasonably well, so i ask for their number when i think they have good IL, if they don't seem interested i don't ask and usually eject with a funny or just say nice to meet you and go.
For the bonus challenge I'll post tomorrow after i've done the calling.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman81 said:
Ok, this friday and saturday were good days to party, pulled a good range of girls from sixes to eights, got 7 numbers in total. 2 of these i'm not gonna bother with as it's a bit of a busy time. I have to say that the AA is almost not there (could be the booze) asking for numbers is no longer the issue. I'm getting to the point where i can gauge their IL reasonably well, so i ask for their number when i think they have good IL, if they don't seem interested i don't ask and usually eject with a funny or just say nice to meet you and go.
For the bonus challenge I'll post tomorrow after i've done the calling.

Good stuff, can't wait to read it.