What every skinny guy should know...

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BullshiZ I disagree... Im 5'10'' 155 Pounds... Im not skinny But Athletically built... I look good.. and I know how to dress and talk...

My ex was HB8.5 and I was even skinnier...

I dont have a problem attracting girls 8.5 and higher.... So skinny doesnt mean anything... You can have an advantage if you are bigger... BUT a real player knows :)

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
BullshiZ I disagree... Im 5'10'' 155 Pounds... Im not skinny But Athletically built... I look good.. and I know how to dress and talk...

My ex was HB8.5 and I was even skinnier...

I dont have a problem attracting girls 8.5 and higher.... So skinny doesnt mean anything... You can have an advantage if you are bigger... BUT a real player knows :)
Yeah I agree, I don't think you have to be huge like the wrestler Triple-H or anything like that. I'm 5'8" & 150 but pretty ripped w/a nice 6-pack & I get a lot of looks when I go to the pool or water park.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder about this "intimidation" factor...

I was 5'9, probably 150 lbs when I came out of high school. Four years later I now am 5'11 and have bulked up to a solid 195. And since I made the gym such an integral part of my life, my game with women seems to have fallen off the cliff completely. I was able to get steady dates and g/fs in my teens, but since I got more muscular it seems like girls barely acknowledge my existence...

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JCballin88 said:
I'm starting to wonder about this "intimidation" factor...

I was 5'9, probably 150 lbs when I came out of high school. Four years later I now am 5'11 and have bulked up to a solid 195. And since I made the gym such an integral part of my life, my game with women seems to have fallen off the cliff completely. I was able to get steady dates and g/fs in my teens, but since I got more muscular it seems like girls barely acknowledge my existence...
how? and why?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's interesting since it's so completely the opposite of Pook's experience.
I think the truth is that everyone is different. Every guy has a different appearance, personality, and sense of style. What works for one may not work for another.

Pook seems to suggest that every guy who bulks up will experience the exact set of circumstances that he went through, as he said: "When you get to this stage, something very strange happens". And he doesn't seem to think thinner guys can have his kind of success.

I still think this statement seems to suggest Pook's success with women came mostly from his looks:
all these examples here is based on attraction on the body alone. I am NOT working to get these women. My body is doing 99% of the attracting. I can just be a statue and get a response.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To put it into perspective, Pook went from what could be considered skinny up to a fairly reasonable weight.

Of course if you go too far, a lot of lesser quality women will be intimidated.

But then again, if it increases your chance of bagging a HB, then it's a good way to go.

In the end, a lot of it probably comes down to the extra confidence you gain from it. For me personally, the confidence from walking around now that I've put on about 30 pounds of muscle is worth it.

In the end, you'll still have to man up and make things happen.

Semtex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that my girlfriend prefers men who are like myself (lean and sculpted) I'm 5'10 and 150lbs, and finds overly bulky men to be a turn off?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read a thread on the RSD forum that was very similar to this one. It amazes me how some guys experienced this incredible transforming effect from being basically a nobody to having hot women chase them, while other guys only reported a confidence boost. I'd really like to know why the big difference.

Pook talks about a girl in his class. I don't know how old he was when he wrote this but I imagine if he was in high school being ripped would make a bigger impact.

In the end, you'll still have to man up and make things happen.
Okay, but Pook reports:
all these examples here is based on attraction on the body alone. I am NOT working to get these women. My body is doing 99% of the attracting. I can just be a statue and get a response.
Why is it that my girlfriend prefers men who are like myself (lean and sculpted) I'm 5'10 and 150lbs, and finds overly bulky men to be a turn off?
I'm sure the diehards here would say she's lying to you lol.
But I'm sure different girls have their own preferences.

I started out skinny and athletic, and then bulked up. Again, I didn't really notice much difference from the way women responded to me. Girls used to always want to feel my muscles when I was skinny, and I didn't even really have any! I guess compared to them I did.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what has caused my major problems since getting more jacked. A lot of my guy friends have given mecredit for really transforming, but it doesn't seem to be translating in terms of girls taking notice.

One of my theories is that while I'm definitely above-average in terms of muscle mass, there's always another guy right around the corner who's even bigger and stronger and better looking overall. I know I shouldn't always be comparing myself to other guys, but it frustrates me when I work so hard and there's guys at my school who are even more jacked, yet I never see them in the gym.

I think I just need to put myself out there more. I've always been on the introverted side, so while my body might be great, my perceived personality may not be. This has tended to make me somewhat forgettable though my college experience. Since I just have one more year in school to go, I'm just going to focus really hard on working out, then make a fresh clean start when I end up in a new city with a real job.

GoodButNotGreat

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude..you are EXACTLY like me right now in my position..i'm transforming into a newer and stronger body, yet i'm staying reserved and not going out and meeting people as i should in my last year of college. we need to put ourselves out there more, we're both graduating and any connections can be crucial to how our lives can pan out.

JCballin88 said:
I don't know exactly what has caused my major problems since getting more jacked. A lot of my guy friends have given mecredit for really transforming, but it doesn't seem to be translating in terms of girls taking notice.

One of my theories is that while I'm definitely above-average in terms of muscle mass, there's always another guy right around the corner who's even bigger and stronger and better looking overall. I know I shouldn't always be comparing myself to other guys, but it frustrates me when I work so hard and there's guys at my school who are even more jacked, yet I never see them in the gym.

I think I just need to put myself out there more. I've always been on the introverted side, so while my body might be great, my perceived personality may not be. This has tended to make me somewhat forgettable though my college experience. Since I just have one more year in school to go, I'm just going to focus really hard on working out, then make a fresh clean start when I end up in a new city with a real job.

IndianaJoneS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys make sure beside bulking up, you build up testosterone (completely stopping masturbation, getting enough sleep, relaxation) ? As far as I can say, the women attention comes from increased testosterone that directly translates to higher confidence ...

TIC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11 and 155. I'm skinny. I posted my pic without my shirt on hotornot and got a 9.4 rating even though I don't workout anymore or anything....

Being skinny isn't the problem and being muscular is overrated. My pic on that site says it all

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TIC said:
I'm 5'11 and 155. I'm skinny. I posted my pic without my shirt on hotornot and got a 9.4 rating even though I don't workout anymore or anything....

Being skinny isn't the problem and being muscular is overrated. My pic on that site says it all
Too skinny is better than too fat. If you're trim and built, not body builder size or anythying, but meaty enough chicks want to feel your muscles, trust me when I say it's a huge boost. They may not cognitively think anything of it, but it does makes the gina tingle.

For all those who want to gain some immediate muscle, give this a try:

Geek to Freak

Since March 5th I've gained about 25lbs overall while losing about 7% body fat.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
Too skinny is better than too fat. If you're trim and built, not body builder size or anythying, but meaty enough chicks want to feel your muscles, trust me when I say it's a huge boost. They may not cognitively think anything of it, but it does makes the gina tingle.

For all those who want to gain some immediate muscle, give this a try:

Geek to Freak

Since March 5th I've gained about 25lbs overall while losing about 7% body fat.
This is repeating known facts.... But the Colorado Experiment was interesting.
Here's a comment I made on that link, it might be of interest to you:
"A simplification of the recommendations of the Colorado Experiment mentions that what is required is that the muscle is exercised, said simply, throughout it’s full range of motion with high intensity for low periods. There is a cheaper way to do this than with using N equipment, or even weights and a spotter. Elastic bands, which keeps a constant level of resistance and even has an increase in resistance at the strongest point of the muscle. The problem, of course, is having high-level resistance bands with set resistance in which resistance can be added, much like adjustable dumbbells. There is a set that has this ability, with labeled resistance and the ability to clip multiple bands upon a handle. Thus I propose that instead of using weights or N equipment the 100$ Bodylastics set would be more effective in cost and practicality. I have ordered mine, so I will be trying this."

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will note one thing that is a huge difference between myself and most guys who starting to work out: I used to be built and getting back in shape is a lot easier than starting from scratch.

Viator made the gains he did in much the same way because he got hurt and lost a ton of mass, not to mention was on steriods. He could have done anything and would have gained a lot of mass in a relatively short amount of time.

Anyway, if you used to be big and lost all your size, this is an excellent routine for getting back into shape over a short amount of time and with very little time in the gym.

mrrippey

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a pretty slim dude, I have never had issues getting girls for two simple reasons, it is much more about the personality / how you carry yourself and knowing how to 'read' a woman's type.

I'm 6'3' and 165 but when I wear the right gear. My suits fit, cuffs shined, shirts crisp, glasses cleaned. If you have character that backs up your look, you will never have a problem. Doesnt mean you wont get turned down but if you are like me, I dont because I always kick it with women I know like the characteristics I possess, funny, personality, social (once I warm up to you) and professional. Never sweat them but show that you are interested.

Oh and one last thing, NEVER LIE!!!

mrrippey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
You would be surprised how many cornballs I see on Wall Street looking like dirt. Nothing looks clean, pressed and they are trying to get these women.

Common sense is not common. I actually find it amusing since it makes it easier for me if guys like that are my competition....

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrrippey said:
You would be surprised how many cornballs I see on Wall Street looking like dirt. Nothing looks clean, pressed and they are trying to get these women.

Common sense is not common. I actually find it amusing since it makes it easier for me if guys like that are my competition....

Don't Wall St guys have the image of a douche nowadays?

"Thanks to the lames, niggas with bad game" - Jay-z Roc Boys.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrrippey said:
As a pretty slim dude, I have never had issues getting girls for two simple reasons....I'm 6'3' and 165
*Fixed

Too thin is retardedly better than too fat. For those of us who had the same level of game, but then got in shape, the amount of female attention we gt skyrockets. I took the last couple of months off from game to do all this working out, recovery time, and just spent the little free time I do have on learning guitar. I just started going out again about a week ago and I've gotten 2 women on my team and will possibly have a 3rd by the weekend. Nothing changed except my body composition. Not. A. Thing. Game can overcome natural obstacles, but getting fit is a HUGE boost, just as preselection is a huge boost in moving things along. Still, you need solid Game. Even Brad Pitt couldn't get women until he was a celeb.