What every skinny guy should know...

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
PS. Come to think of it, trying to shame a guy who doesn't play your game is a classic tactic of many women. Ironic...
Isn't that what you do in most of your posts?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, lifting weights is good, and I would recommend to anyone.

But not every guy is going to experience this effect that Pook describes of having his body ALONE draw beautiful women to him. The way he describes this it sounds like it has the same effect as being a hot girl in a mini skirt in a club. The opposite sex just flocks to you based on the way you look. That is not a realistic expectation for most guys.

It's great that it worked that way for Pook and others, but not everyone is going to experience this. The question is, why not? I still think it has to do with looks and height. And possibly a bit of exaggeration.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Again, lifting weights is good, and I would recommend to anyone.

But not every guy is going to experience this effect that Pook describes of having his body ALONE draw beautiful women to him. The way he describes this it sounds like it has the same effect as being a hot girl in a mini skirt in a club. The opposite sex just flocks to you based on the way you look. That is not a realistic expectation for most guys.

It's great that it worked that way for Pook and others, but not everyone is going to experience this. The question is, why not? I still think it has to do with looks and height. And possibly a bit of exaggeration.
i think many guys here are forgetting that Pook had the right attitude (confidence, entitlement, awareness) already ... before he became buff

if you dont have the right attitude, however buff you are... it wont really help/matter...if a guy is really buff and toned , but cant handle the attention it probably worse than being "normal" as his image doesnt match his personality - incongruent and inauthentic

you can have very good sucess just with the right attitude

JonSirG

Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko
########
dude!!!!
LEAVE discussion land! where very every thing is right and nothing is fun
and move to
##ACTION## land where so much is wrong but all FUN

please dont post here anymore
if someone is small he will notice it by HIMSELF that hes not 6.3. he doesnt need your great einstein help at ALL

jacky chan is small too but his trained body is really sexy..

stallone ist like 1.75m .. not big .. every women becomes wet..

work out will always help! point

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think many guys here are forgetting that Pook had the right attitude (confidence, entitlement, awareness) already ... before he became buff
I've considered that. Since Pook was working on his game, I've wondered if that was what was really attracting the girls, as opposed to his body. But I'm taking Pook at his word here, and he says it was SOLELY his body:

"all these examples here is based on attraction on the body alone. I am NOT working to get these women. My body is doing 99% of the attracting. I can just be a statue and get a response. "

He also hints at the domination/intimidation factor here when he says that big guys can get away with more. Apparently he was a big guy:

"Big guys are allowed to get away with more things. I allowed to be cruder, to be bolder, to take advantage of women more (I’m serious!), and so on. You can also be stupid as well. My biggest problem is women only wanting me for sex (no, this is not a joke. Yes, it is a problem). You try to find a girl that fits your life and all she is interested in is your body!"

I still think it's his size (height and frame) that gave him these results that other guys didn't get when they bulked up. But you make a good point that his confidence and the way he carried himself may have also played a factor. Even though he says specifically "I can be a statue and get a response".

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have gained a solid 20 pounds, and I will attest that it does make a difference in the way people react to you. The quality of women that want to talk to me has also improved somewhat.

GoodButNotGreat

Don Juan
Reaction score
how much do you guys eat though? I've been eating a ton of food n have been hovering around 173 as a 6'1 guy. i wanna get to 185 and i know im gaining muscle i just think im losing some fat as well??

Spartan301

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're on the right track. Just stick to the basics:

-find a caloric calculator online (try at bodybuilding.com first) to figure out how many calories you need to take in a day to gain mass

-from my personal training days, the rule of thumb was 50%carbs, 30%proteing, 20% fats. You can actually go 25/25 proteins/fats and still be gaining lean muscle

-learn the proper way to lift weights. technique technique technique. once that's down, pile on the plates. nothing like lifting those heavy weights to get the mass up.

-forget bicep curls or lateral raises or leg extensions. Stick to the multiple-muscle exercises like the bench press, the pullup, the deadlift, and the squat. The more muscle you use, the more growth hormone your body naturally releases.

-there's a theory about hormone. Sometimes when enough GH is released in your body after hitting legs, the leftover will go towards the growth and development of your other muscles, like your chest and arms. Moral of the story, WORK THEM LEGS. A buck for every guy I knew who skipped legs...

shariefthethief

Reaction score
This thread is only relevant to AFC's. You don't need muscles to be successful with women. It helps, but if you need to rely on your muscles to get you women, then you have a lot of work to do. Testosterone isn't necessary, what is necessary are the effects of testosterone. More assertive, more confident, etc.

Secondly, i am only 5'7, there is no way I'm going to bother getting that much muscle. I don't care about being strong. If I work out, it is only so I can look good in the mirror, and I think bulky dudes look stupid. So if you do the math, that equals me never looking bulky.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really really hope that getting muscle as short guy will do something to improve my physical attractiveness to women. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to actually get the body and that requires a lot of time and effort.

I hate how genetics also plays a part. Not only am I at a disadvantage cause I'm short, it's also harder for me to build muscle, hooray!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really really hope that getting muscle as short guy will do something to improve my physical attractiveness to women. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to actually get the body and that requires a lot of time and effort.
I think it's worth it whether you get the reaction that Pook got or not. You'll feel better about yourself. And even if women might not be attracted to you SOLELY because of your body like Pook claimed, women WILL like your body if you are buff. It's just one piece of the puzzle.

GoodButNotGreat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:

I hate how genetics also plays a part. Not only am I at a disadvantage cause I'm short, it's also harder for me to build muscle, hooray!
yeah but smaller guys look buffer cuz they have a strong muscle composition in a smaller range...while my muscle gets distributed through my long arms and limbs.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im short so its harder = NOT a valid reason , its an excuse and limiting view

you may not get EVERY woman but you should get loads ...
(tho not every woman wants a really tall guy, and some even like short guys)

----------------------

Maxtro has mindset issues to sort out first.... him going to the gym will do little as his minset is still "off" (no offense Max)
- yes it will give him a bit more confidence which *may* help ... but it will also lead to some validation seeking the way hes saying things ....

------------------------------------------

regarding Pook... His attitude/game was correct which made the massive difference . period (if he says it otherwise, then he is wrong , he was into game before he worked out -> thus his mindset was majorly more correct than clueless )

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im short so its harder = NOT a valid reason , its an excuse and limiting view
Valid reason for what?

I'm short and an ectomorph. I have to work very hard for my body to develop muscle. Guys with better genetics than me, can train for half as long as I did and develop much better results. Does that mean I'm going to give up? Hell no! Honestly I don't even know what you're talking about.

As for getting women. I'm coming from a place where I don't get any women, period. I'm hoping that building muscle will finally start to get women physically attracted to me. I do not get hit on my women.

Seeking validation is something else that is beyond the scope of this thread.

As for pook. He's a tall dude. Girls were already into him before he built any muscle at all. He didn't have to start at zero...

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Valid reason for what?
SUCESS WIHT WOMEN (what did you think)

I'm short and an ectomorph. I have to work very hard for my body to develop muscle. Guys with better genetics than me, can train for half as long as I did and develop much better results. Does that mean I'm going to give up? Hell no! Honestly I don't even know what you're talking about.

As for getting women. I'm coming from a place where I don't get any women, period. I'm hoping that building muscle will finally start to get women physically attracted to me. I do not get hit on my women.

Seeking validation is something else that is beyond the scope of this thread.
no its related, i aways see jacked guys out showing off thier mucles, hoping to get noticed, often never have any women around, as they are not being proactive/have game

As for pook. He's a tall dude. Girls were already into him before he built any muscle at all. He didn't have to start at zero...yes he defo had game first there is another thign that happesn wehn you start working out, all my friends agree (none whom are into PU/game) you start interpreting that every time some one looks towards you they are checking you out, this is a natural response, looking for the validation - i think this is part of why so many ppl were responding to him
i have been there and done that, it will help a bit and make you more confident (a few ****ed me for my body but it also was a bit proactive, said the right things etc...),
its good to go to the gym , but do it b'coz you want to be a better man
and yes it will make you feel more confident, but for the vast majoirty of people it is not a magic bullet, you seem to see it as , it is only a step upwards (just make sure you understand that)

another side-issue is your sucess with women will become directly-related to going to the gym, it will be a crutch, if you don't go for a while you wont be able to get into state, wont feel confident etc...... = bad

but you wont belive this, you have to go through this to realise its not quite as you hoped

an arguably more effictive factor to adress is voice tonality, which is 100X easier to get right and can be fixed almost immediately , with IMMEDIATE resluts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDslvC4_5w
http://www.rsdnation.com/node/123717

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another side-issue is your sucess with women will become directly-related to going to the gym, it will be a crutch, if you don't go for a while you wont be able to get into state, wont feel confident etc...... = bad
This reminds me of an episode of M*A*S*H. Radar wanted to start working out with weights, and Colonel Potter told him he shouldn't become a slave to the weights. That has always stuck in my mind for some reason. I think what he was referring to was that once you start lifting and bulk up, you have to keep lifting. Because if you don't, all that extra muscle you built up will turn into fat. Right on your gut.

I do believe that to be true, although it has never stopped me from working out. Someone starting out should probably know that going in though. It does become addicting, but I think that's a good thing.

cassanova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
i ted to find that in usa, its all about image, but not necassiarly true all the time. Muscle mass is just men with small penis who need some form of confidence so muscle mass is the best way. alot of women tend to like men with muscles purley on the basis that it looks and feels good to them. but this aint always true though. dammm i need to get to the gym lol... skinny guys i tend to have seen are taking over the muscular men, its something women are going for these days. :)

Fortress Maximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
cassanova35 said:
i ted to find that in usa, its all about image, but not necassiarly true all the time. Muscle mass is just men with small penis who need some form of confidence so muscle mass is the best way. alot of women tend to like men with muscles purley on the basis that it looks and feels good to them. but this aint always true though. dammm i need to get to the gym lol... skinny guys i tend to have seen are taking over the muscular men, its something women are going for these days. :)
I don't agree. It's been said before, but women 9/10 are GOING to pick the guy with the muscles over the skinny guy when based on appearance. Most women are hard wired to chase the muscular man. Why on earth would a woman want a "skinny guy" over a muscular guy? You're saying they would prefer a man built like themselves over a muscular guy that can protect them and make them feel secure?

I'm not attempting to flame you, but it sounds like your scared of the gym based off your comments, man. You're also making some big rationalizations (and outrageous ones) on people who choose to be proactive and lift weights.

Women are going for skinny guys "these days"? Where? Every where I look (I do travel a bit) the fine women are still with the muscular guys!

Last edited:

JayDEM

Reaction score
Former skinny guy

I have to say as a former skinny guy myself that packing on the pounds of muscle definitely helped to attract even more women to me than when I was skinny. I'm 28, 6'2", 210lbs now but I used to be 6'2" 160 when I was 18 or 19. Over the years my weight has fluctuated between 170 and 210lbs.I've been in the gym lifting weights for over 2 years now with no time off, and my confidence is as high as it's ever been. When I was skinnier I got a lot less attention and when I was bigger girls always noticed me more. My problem was when I was younger I was more shy so it didn't help being bigger. Now I'm older and a lot more confident. I can walk in a room and people just notice me. Having muscle is never a bad thing. And having confidence is the ultimate. So combine the 2 and you'll be good to go. Just don't get too big for your height.