Using alcohol to help your game

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ultimately there shouldn't be a set rule on this. Everybody is different. What works for one person might not work for another.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
That's because it's a depressant. Yep, that's attractive to women... :rolleyes:
It dosen't seem to be that way for most people. I'd love to be able to let go and party.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last monday, I was back home (out of town) with my pals at some "farmer's disco", as we call it here.

I was the driver, so I didn't drink any. It was the worst evening I have ever had. If you cannot naturally enjoy the party, a little alcohol will often get you into the vibe.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcahol just makes you more confident (thus liquid confidence) and relaxed, although sometimes more outgoing due to the first one. If you need alcahol then you are not a true DJ. I'm hell pimp when I'm a little bit drunk, its like all the inner DJ comes out in me without the usual social limitations holding me back. This however is only good for a pick up at a party (or club I'm guessing) and says nothing about your DJ skills the next day. If you want more than one hookup with the girl your gonna have to face her sober and you might lose her if you don't have the game there.

Gettin too drunk is really bad. You make a complete ass out of yourself and you don't even know your doing it, you think your top of the world at the time. It's the next day when you go 'oh... fck.. did i do that?'.

Girls drinking also improves you chances a lot. So if you are drinking and they are there's a high liklihood your going to pick up, unless alcahol doesn't help you come out of your shell. It does also lower your judgment so that hot babe from last night might actually be a ugly seadonkey in the morning.

Hey why am I bothering typing this out. Everyone already knows. Alcahol is fine but your aim should be able to pick up sober chicks while sober or you are just gonna be hoping to get lucky at parties all the time. That's what I'm trying to get out of at the moment...

I had an interesting experiance on the weekend. I wasn't supposed to have many but I ended up smashed. I thought I made an ass out of myself hitting on chicks and they just ran away from me. Felt really bad about it the next morning. Then it turns out one of them (hawt) wants me. Guess I did something right... now if only I could remember it. lol

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Using alcohol seems cheap to most people here but if it's at a party, you're most likely going to drink alcohol anyways. Plus, in the long run it can help with your confidence. For most people the other parts of their games are fine, just need some fine tuning, but what's stopping them from accelerating their improvement is the approach. When you consume alcohol you skip that step. If you're consistently skipping this step you'll be able to calibrate and fine tune the other parts of your game at a much faster rate. Your other parts of your game might even improve to the point where the first step, the approach, gets overlapped because you have strong social proof already, or you're just that confident.

It's pretty universally known that alcohol is a resort men use to game on women. Though people get the wrong idea on how to handle it. Some of my friends INTENTIONALLY act drunk, fall on the floor, act as if they're about to throw up, when really they're just buzzed to get attention from women. Others just plain act stupid. Though getting tipsy is the perfect balance that will make your experience at the party more enjoyable and getting women.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, whatever crutch holds you up...

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You act as if using crutches is detrimental to development.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
You act as if using crutches is detrimental to development.
It's not an act. Crutches are great when they aren't permanent. You haven't mentioned anything about at what point you wouldn't need it any longer. So how long have you decided to use this crutch or have you not thought about that?

One thing that's interesting though, your screen name. If you appose "Betaism" why do you put the so called power of alcohol above your own abilities? It's as if alcohol is Alpha and your abilities are Beta.

Just an observation.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must have missed the part where I said your confidence will eventually rise to the point where it overlaps the fear of approach. And alcohol should always be used for one's personal enjoyment, not for the sole purpose to get women. It should be thought of as a side reward. And who said I was placing alcohol above my own abilities? It aids me just a tiny bit, I don't see the need to separate the two states.

Beethoven

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use alcohol to help my game. It takes my tension away, and I become far sexier to women without it. Of course.

Yeah, it would be nice to control my internal state without external assistance, or whatever you super-DJs are all doing (Hah!). But there's no point lying to myself - I ain't able to do that right now. So alcohol it is. And it works!

Try a small glass of red wine each day - then it's good for you too.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must have missed the part where I said your confidence will eventually rise to the point where it overlaps the fear of approach. And alcohol should always be used for one's personal enjoyment, not for the sole purpose to get women. It should be thought of as a side reward. And who said I was placing alcohol above my own abilities? It aids me just a tiny bit, I don't see the need to separate the two states.
Nah, it was actually the part where you said that you could use alcohol to skip the approach step that made it seem more permanent. It would be interesting if you were in a fast food restaurant, grocery store or book store and spot a woman who you'd want to approach but needed alcohol in order to do it.

So, about that "Betaism" thing...

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have read that entire post. It's all about building confidence, if you've built enough confidence with the women you met at parties than you'll be confident enough to approach. Pretty easy logic. And we already went through my screen name unless you want me to repeat.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, when I'm drinking, and get to that certain point, and am at a club or bar, that's what it takes. Then I can approach ANYONE, any chick, anyone. All fear gone. Everything is just fun. Then everything makes sense and you think "why the hell is it hard to talk to people? Why can't I be like this all the time?"

But yeah those hangovers are a pain. I've done it with lots of chemicals. Coffee is a big one for me, about 5 20oz cups a day, and between half a pack and a pack of cigs a day.

I used to drink alone as well. The last couple weeks I've decided to ween myself off my chemicals. Last three weeks, the only beer I had alone was to celebrate that I had sent out some job resumes. And I'm drinking less when I go out. I don't know why I'm doing this because I love to drink.

Coffee is next, then cigarettes. Those are both tough.

Big test for me would be go to a bar or club and just nurse a drink. Without being smashed, it's like... well it's like now. I don't know why I'm doing this but I guess I just realize that depending on chemicals isn't what I want. But damn being drunk when you're out is a HUGE help, no doubt.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have read that entire post. It's all about building confidence, if you've built enough confidence with the women you met at parties than you'll be confident enough to approach. Pretty easy logic. And we already went through my screen name unless you want me to repeat.
So how specifically does one learn confidence while depending on chemically altering their mental state. What about the times when alcohol isn't readily available? How does one transition from having to get a "buzz" in order to be confident to trusting that he has it authentically? And how does dependence on something and cutting corners go against "betaism?"

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I already went through this. For most people they know what to do with women, the only thing that sets them back is the fear of the approach. If you continually skip this step, then they'll meet a lot more women than they would have if they were sober, and the more women you meet the more confident you'll get. Besides, you're still learning even when you're buzzed, do you not know the difference between being drunk and being buzzed? And I thought I already told you alcohol is only a minor aid, not a dependence.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
..And I thought I already told you alcohol is only a minor aid, not a dependence.
And what do you do when you are in a place that doesn't serve alcohol and there's a woman you want to approach? How do you move from using it as a crutch (aid) to not needing to depend on it?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go up to her? It's not like I'm completely disabled of this ability without alcohol, just that I'm a bit more efficient, have a higher chance of success with alcohol because of reasons I've exhaustingly explained already.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go up to her? It's not like I'm completely disabled of this ability without alcohol, just that I'm a bit more efficient, have a higher chance of success with alcohol because of reasons I've exhaustingly explained already.
Now you're making alcohol sound as if it's need is negligible if it isn't readily available. So is it really important to use or not?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Baruch said:
Alcohol has been a social lubricant for thousands of years.
And men have had sex with young boys for thousands of years too. Just because a thing has been done for thousands of years doesn't mean that it's necessary to do by default.