US needs to take lessons from Europe regarding drastically lowering homicide rate

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The US isn't the only country with minorities. The key issue here is the toxic Main Character syndrome individualistic culture the US has. Yes, it worked in the settler days, but it is coming back to bite it in modern day times. Even the people that don't commit violent crimes here all seem to have some sick Waco compound Purge Civil War fantasy brewing in their head.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
The key issue here is the toxic Main Character syndrome individualistic culture the US has
Yeah, individualism has gone so awry in modern day America, a sizeable portion of our nation has declared themselves either Red Pill or Intersectionalists. Both camps endlessly regurgitate their stale catechisms, never subjecting them to the same rigor and skepticism one subjects the tenets of every other religion on Earth to, and anyone in these camps who DOES dare to think independently (Be an individual, in other words)finds themselves promptly excommunicated

Increased collectivism is the antidote to all this insanity

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, individualism has gone so awry in modern day America, a sizeable portion of our nation has declared themselves either Red Pill or Intersectionalists. Both camps endlessly regurgitate their stale catechisms, never subjecting them to the same rigor and skepticism one subjects the tenets of every other religion on Earth to, and anyone in these camps who DOES dare to think independently (Be an individual, in other words)finds themselves promptly excommunicated

Increased collectivism is the antidote to all this insanity
Collectivism or individuality, pick one bro :rofl:

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You make not like that we are the big bad wolf, sometimes we don't like being the big bad wolf, but you need us whether you want to admit it or not.
I know your role model:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, unfortunately it's the truth as uncomfortable and angry as that might make the rest of the world.
America World Police looks a lot like someone who messes up someone else's kitchen to make their meal and then expects the kitchen owner to thank them for helping them clean up the mess afterward.

You know what you should check out? European history in the interbellum years about how Hitler came to power. It's not that difficult to see similar things happen in your country right now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
America World Police looks a lot like someone who messes up someone else's kitchen to make their meal and then expects the kitchen owner to thank them for helping them clean up the mess afterward.

You know what you should check out? European history in the interbellum years about how Hitler came to power. It's not that difficult to see similar things happen in your country right now.
Unfortunately left to your own devices you would be beating each other with stale baguettes and soggy crepes then crying for help from everyone else.

We don't have time to get drug into your thousand year old disputes about historical boundaries and start world wars over it so we just make sure you stay in your lane preemptively.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
America World Police looks a lot like someone who messes up someone else's kitchen to make their meal and then expects the kitchen owner to thank them for helping them clean up the mess afterward
If nothing else, the world got a great song
out of questionable foreign policy :p

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately left to your own devices you would be beating each other with stale baguettes and soggy crepes then crying for help from everyone else.

We don't have time to get drug into your thousand year old disputes about historical boundaries and start world wars over it so we just make sure you stay in your lane preemptively.
You didn't watch the Stanhope video in post #82, did you?

Who is this 'we'? Really dude, open a history book not written by an American and stop riding the coattails of your 'illustrious forebears'. If your grandpa fought in WW2, he probably wouldn't boast about it like you do, and he sure as shyte wouldn't expect the gratitude you think Americans deserve for 'saving Europe from being overrun by the Nazis'.

You clearly have no clue about actual world history and any discussion to that effect is pointless until you get some.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We took quite a long time to enter the fray, for a nation who's motives were so allegedly pure. When AmsterdamAssassin returns, he can Red Pill us all to the many guerilla resistances against The Third Reich which made the Allied victory possible
You can lead someone to knowledge, but you cannot force them to give up their ignorance. If someone believes so deeply, they are immune to looking from different perspectives. There are shelves full of history books that show the different perspectives on the interbellum leading to the Second World War. Until you've looked at a situation from more than one perspective, you should reserve judgment. That notion is clearly absent in BITG. I don't spend time on lost causes.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably have countries where you can’t even use pepper spray.
Yes, in the Netherlands. No problem. I tell my Pre-Conflict Control students to carry a small aerosol can with purple paint. "Officer, there's an attempted rapist on the loose but he looks like a giant penis with his purple face paint."

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a pivotal moment when Germany blamed jews instead of its military for the loss of WWI. Maybe the war hero (Hindenburg) who endorsed Hitler wouldn't have had as much clout if the army had been blamed. Maybe not blaming jews would have lowered the level of antisemitism in Germany. But those events were hardly fueled purely by the rhetoric of one man. Are you blaming Trump's rhetoric (which gets called out)? Or something else, like how both U.S. political parties can score points by acting tough on China?

You blame the United States for damage to Europe in WWII, or am I misreading this?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You didn't watch the Stanhope video in post #82, did you?

Who is this 'we'? Really dude, open a history book not written by an American and stop riding the coattails of your 'illustrious forebears'. If your grandpa fought in WW2, he probably wouldn't boast about it like you do, and he sure as shyte wouldn't expect the gratitude you think Americans deserve for 'saving Europe from being overrun by the Nazis'.

You clearly have no clue about actual world history and any discussion to that effect is pointless until you get some.
The hilarious thing is that I am a history buff and am fascinated by it and have read tons of books, took AP world history in high school(aka a college level history course) and watched literally almost every documentary and series I could on Netflix related to history(those series are amazing BTW...highly recommend). From Alexander the Great, to the Roman Empire to the Ottomon Empire to Ghenfis Khan, English history, Germanic History, Florence and the Renaissance under the Medicis, etc...

Saying that I "don't know anything about world history" is honestly comical.

What I know is that for all the talk and pomp and circumstance you want to bring up, when it actually matters...when push comes to shove...when the rubber hits the road...when all the talk ends and th actions begins, most of Europe folds like a cheap tent.

That has nothing to do with American history books. That has to do with reality. If you refuse to live in reality then that's your option. Trying to claim people don't know anything about world history because they literally tell the truth about what ACTUALLY happened is not only disingenuous but comes across as living in an alternate reality.

I get it...maybe it hurts you national pride or ego or whatever you might think about your country or Europe in general. But the truth is the truth even if it's a bitter pill to swallow.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You blame the United States for damage to Europe in WWII, or am I misreading this?
You're misreading this.

I don't want this thread to become political, but the notion that Team America World Police is 'needed' is overblown. Post-WW2 US involvement in global conflicts (acting like Team America World Police) has created more problems than it solved, especially US 'anti-Communist' activities (supplying 'rebel forces' with training and weapons) is now being used by BITG to explain the necessity of the US Military to 'keep the peace' where they were actually the ones who escalated minor conflicts into major conflicts with their hubris.

On the other hand, while I don't want to instigate that the USA was responsible for Hitler's ascent to power:
The German political landscape was dramatically affected by the 1929 Wall Street Crash, which hampered economic aid to Germany. The Great Depression brought the German economy to a halt and further polarized German politics. Hitler and the Nazis began to exploit the crisis and loudly criticized the ruling government. During this tumultuous time, the German Communist Party also began campaigning and called for a revolution. Business leaders, fearful of a communist takeover, began supporting the Nazi Party.
The crash of the American Stockmarket affected economies worldwide, but the Depression hit hardest in Germany and provided fertile ground for a Make Germany Great Again political movement spearheaded by a certain populist politician.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The hilarious thing is that I am a history buff and am fascinated by it and have read tons of books, took AP world history in high school(aka a college level history course) and watched literally almost every documentary and series I could on Netflix related to history(those series are amazing BTW...highly recommend). From Alexander the Great, to the Roman Empire to the Ottomon Empire to Ghenfis Khan, English history, Germanic History, Florence and the Renaissance under the Medicis, etc...
If so, you would've understood why the Netherlands was overrun by the German occupying forces in mere days. And you would've known it has nothing to do what you perceive to be cowardice on the part of the Dutch army and/or resistance.

I get it...maybe it hurts you national pride or ego or whatever you might think about your country or Europe in general. But the truth is the truth even if it's a bitter pill to swallow.
You're not the first American blathering on about how Americans saved Europe from having to speak German. That comment alone shows exactly how much of an avid history buff you are. Like I said, a lost cause.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You're misreading this.

I don't want this thread to become political, but the notion that Team America World Police is 'needed' is overblown. Post-WW2 US involvement in global conflicts (acting like Team America World Police) has created more problems than it solved, especially US 'anti-Communist' activities (supplying 'rebel forces' with training and weapons) is now being used by BITG to explain the necessity of the US Military to 'keep the peace' where they were actually the ones who escalated minor conflicts into major conflicts with their hubris.

On the other hand, while I don't want to instigate that the USA was responsible for Hitler's ascent to power:

The crash of the American Stockmarket affected economies worldwide, but the Depression hit hardest in Germany and provided fertile ground for a Make Germany Great Again political movement spearheaded by a certain populist politician.
Seems like you are the one in need of a history lesson now.

The crash of the stock market was just another thing that piled on, not the main issue. Kind of like the icing on the cake.

The main reason was the intense German hatred for their government who they felt sold them up the river with concessions including German de-militarizarion, the payment of huge reparations and the loss of territory and population which included areas that produced almost half of the iron ore for Germany and also a large percentage of it's coal mining industry, which greatly effected it economically.

This created harsh economic conditions for the German people, high unemployment rates and a government that was largely looked at as the enemy after taking over for Kaiser Wilhelm II who abdicated after the military mutiny against him.

At the point of the Stock Market crash, Germany was over a decade into ever worsening economic conditions, extremists were ever increasing their calls to overthrow the government and the people were deeply upset with how willingly the German government rolled over and took full blame for WW I at the Treaty of Versailles.

This was a much greater "reason" for the eventual rise of Hitler than the stock market crash. That was simply the straw that broke the camels back. It was likely going to happen regardless at some point. That type of deep seated hatred was never going to just go away...it was going to continue to build up and build up until it exploded. Like a giant powder keg that's been lit with a match...you can try and extend the wick longer and longer but at some point it's going to run out and that is going to ignite the keg.

That just sped it up. If it wasn't the stock market crash, it would have been some other event that ended up triggering it. The governments position at that point was untenable with the general population.

Last edited:

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're misreading this.

That makes more sense. Yet I think that view should be balanced with the actions of the Soviet Union post-WW2, which provides needed context for actions by the U.S. during the Cold War. In the case of Korea and Vietnam, the U.S. intervened directly to impose a cost on the growth of the Soviet Union. In my view, stopping the Soviet Union was valuable. I don't know in each case if a government would have fallen to the Soviet Union, were it not for U.S. military aid. But that again requires weighing the context of the Cold War.

The allied powers required Germany pay reparations for WWI, which is the reason Germany was so deep in debt. Germany responded to that with hyperinflation to pay its debts, which was well before the U.S. stock market crash. I thought history places the blame on reparations, more than on any one of the allies (one of which was the U.S.).

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In Europe, far right populists are attracting more voters, with immigration a top concern. From what I can tell, too few are learning the local language, which dramatically lowers their job prospects. In France, 10% of immigrants are unemployed compared to 4% in the U.S. While Le Pen was rejected by voters in France, Italy went with a far-right prime minister. I don't see the problem as unique to the U.S.