US needs to take lessons from Europe regarding drastically lowering homicide rate

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
US seems to talk tough but so precious little to change the fact that homicides continue to increase here year after year...

Europe on the other hand has dropped their rate by almost 2/3 in under 25 years.

The US should use them as a model to do the same instead of of whatever they are doing now because it simply isn't working.

In the UK, it's been extremely low the entire time. I know part of it is that even police don't carry guns there and gun ownership is non existant among citizens. That will never fly in the US.

However, Switzerland has among the highest gun ownership rates per capita n the world and they have none of the issues that the US has with killings and fun violence. Why? Because it's a source of national pride for them and children and raised very early on to respect them and are trained on the proper use of guns.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has to do with the people. Who commits the most murders? And in what states are the murder rates higher than the others? I'd start there.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
US seems to talk tough but so precious little to change the fact that homicides continue to increase here year after year...

Europe on the other hand has dropped their rate by almost 2/3 in under 25 years.

The US should use them as a model to do the same instead of of whatever they are doing now because it simply isn't working.

In the UK, it's been extremely low the entire time. I know part of it is that even police don't carry guns there and gun ownership is non existant among citizens. That will never fly in the US.

However, Switzerland has among the highest gun ownership rates per capita n the world and they have none of the issues that the US has with killings and fun violence. Why? Because it's a source of national pride for them and children and raised very early on to respect them and are trained on the proper use of guns.

There are probably a lot of different factors that go into the disparity, including how the police are trained, the penal code and prison systems, gun ownership and gun play, class disparity, access to health and mental health care, and concepts about family, society and the individual to name a few. I don't have any simple answers, not sure what the secret sauce is.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, over here a burglar gets a year in prison. In the states he dies. Just an example. The prison system is also fraudulent. A 16 y.o boy can get a 50 year sentence. Unheard of overhere.

In the states I wouldn't dare to fight a person because "concealed carry". Everyone is on edge because every interaction might be your last.

The second amendment is a prehistoric shyte show that prevents the states from progressing. Imo the US of A is a second world country at best.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You picked an awful day to gush over Europe's homicide rate https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/07/30/uk/southport-stabbing-attack-explainer

Though to be fair, many of us have experienced the urge to start knifing everyone in sight, after being tormented by the insipid muzak of Taylor Swift
An outlier. In Chicago alone 21 people were shot last weekend. https://abc7chicago.com/post/chicago-weekend-shootings-at-least-18-shot-2-fatally/15111189/

This alone would and should spark a discussion and force drastic changes overhere

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
This alone would and should spark a discussion and force drastic changes overhere
Folks in the ghetto can stop shooting each other over sneakers tomorrow, and start heeding Fishburne's counsel
here, if they so desire

Here in The US, we have a Crisis Of Motivation more than anything

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, over here a burglar gets a year in prison. In the states he dies
Don't break into someone's home to swipe their laptop... One's chances of ending up with a chest full of 9mm rounds go down drastically. We agree on The US having an over-incarceration problem

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
...concepts about family, society and the individual to name a few

And in The US, this isn't just a problem confined to one ethnic group anymore, if it ever was. Note the number of men here on SS who recite Red Pill catechisms they heard online("The System is rigged... Gynocentrism!!!" "Men are just plow horses https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...y-of-men-dont-date.282446/page-3#post-3123195 )like automatons, then hide behind those as excuses not to do the basics for ourselves https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...ood-looking-enough.282318/page-4#post-3123076

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah, over here a burglar gets a year in prison. In the states he dies. Just an example. The prison system is also fraudulent. A 16 y.o boy can get a 50 year sentence. Unheard of overhere.

In the states I wouldn't dare to fight a person because "concealed carry". Everyone is on edge because every interaction might be your last.

The second amendment is a prehistoric shyte show that prevents the states from progressing. Imo the US of A is a second world country at best.
Everyone hates us until they need our help, then they come running and crying like we are their Mommy and they got a little booboo.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone hates us until they need our help, then they come running and crying like we are their Mommy and they got a little booboo.
Not so much anymore...but yeah, you opened the topic, I confirmed your thoughts yet now you argue against me.. :D patriotism is hardwired ..

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not so much anymore...but yeah, you opened the topic, I confirmed your thoughts yet now you argue against me.. :D patriotism is hardwired ..
Nothing to do with Patriotism, just facts.

Who had to save you when all of Europe surrendered in under 6 weeks in WW II? Some countries within 4 days.

You make not like that we are the big bad wolf, sometimes we don't like being the big bad wolf, but you need us whether you want to admit it or not.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
And The US(and to a lesser extent, The UK) continues to think it's our role to save the rest of the planet from themselves

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Patriotism, just facts.

Who had to save you when all of Europe surrendered in under 6 weeks in WW II? Some countries within 4 days.

You make not like that we are the big bad wolf, sometimes we don't like being the big bad wolf, but you need us whether you want to admit it or not.
Need for what exactly?

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score

The US fetishizes incarceration and capital punishment, and militarizes the police while making the barrier for entry low. A lot of unqualified people with badges and weapons.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The US fetishizes incarceration and capital punishment, and militarizes the police while making the barrier for entry low. A lot of unqualified people with badges and weapons.

I don't hear you complaining about all the technology you use today that has been a direct result of the US Military and Department of Defense spending and research...

You know, things like GPS, microwaves, the Internet, jet engines, satellites, etc..

If it's so bad then stop using all the technology that's come from us and go back to the stone age

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of unqualified people with badges and weapons.
It wasn't always that way. But it sure is now and the problems that causes are on full display.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I don't hear you complaining about all the technology you use today that has been a direct result of the US Military and Department of Defense spending and research...

You know, things like GPS, microwaves, the Internet, jet engines, satellites, etc..
We needn't militarize our police departments to enjoy the fruits of such things

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't always that way. But it sure is now and the problems that causes are on full display.
End The Drug War, and have the cops stick to chasing bank robbers and serial murderers. This problem will be drastically reduced