The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 18

Still very depressed, a dark cloud hangs over my every thought, moment, action. Luckily I don't feel the urge to contact as I have nothing to say at this point.

The worst is not really knowing why it ended. Yes, the abortion, but I have a hard time believing that alone could make her so callous and distant with me. She has texted me but without emotion or care and I've ignored her. Usually an ex girlfriend will at least feel guilty and want to be friendly but mine seems to want to inflict even MORE pain. I just don't understand it. Never even went beta on her.

bigdrov1x

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheeks, hold the line!! I do not know about your specific situation. Having said that I want to preface my next comments by saying that I am ambivalent to abortion. Personally, I would not want to be in that situation, but i understand that things happen. Even if someone is against it, how would it ever be stopped? That said...I do beleive that on some sort of primal level, abortion ****s chicks up mentally. Just my thoughts, they are either ruined mentally with the hamster spinning to rationalize, or they are completely psychotic with absolutely no feelings. Either way, sorry, but she is probably damaged now. All the best.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigdrov1x said:
Beat!!!!! You sent her a text. You think that that will help? All it does is give her energy. You spent some of your time ( your most precious asset) to text her. Do not give her anymore energy!! She expects now to hear back from that. Just think, maybe she just got boned by dude, and is bored in the aftermath? Why give any energy to her? Let her hamster ass brain spin like a centrifuge. Trust me, the basic fact that she is expending energy to contact you in any way is evidence of that. Let her use energy for this. You save your energy for the gym!!!! Peace!!!
I hear you bigdrov! There was no other way to get it spinning without me taking the steps I took. And I never replied to her "Glad to hear you are ok!!!" txt last night. And never will. Also deleted her number again after that txt so that I dont have it and cannot initiate contact again.

So here I am folks after 4 or so attempts.. AGAIN on DAY efinng 1.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheeks said:
Day 18

Still very depressed, a dark cloud hangs over my every thought, moment, action. Luckily I don't feel the urge to contact as I have nothing to say at this point.

The worst is not really knowing why it ended. Yes, the abortion, but I have a hard time believing that alone could make her so callous and distant with me. She has texted me but without emotion or care and I've ignored her. Usually an ex girlfriend will at least feel guilty and want to be friendly but mine seems to want to inflict even MORE pain. I just don't understand it. Never even went beta on her.
Cheeks. I was in your shoes before. Three years ago. An x had an abortion (we had to sell our cellphones to pay for it..rough times). Acted all ok after. Then two weeks later bam she went cold and wanted NOTHING to do with me. I went in a SERIOUS depressive episode and left the country. Still stayed in contact with her and kept sending her money for expenses and to get a passport to leave the African Country she is in. Then again one day (when she was going to illegally cross a border) she disappeared for 3 months. I hit the wall man. I was worried, angry, scared, depressed. Focused on myself and did a masters degree in UK. She then contacted me in the UK with a UK phone number (she was in africa last time we talked, so imagine my surprise) and said that she made it into the UK. Next thing she tells me is she is engaged.

So regardless of how much pain I went through and all, she still moved on. Take it from me mate, an abortion ****s with a girls head worse than we could imagine. Just understand she is forever scarred and will have to cut u out in order for her to be ok. Accept it. Understand it. Better yourself. There.is.no.other.way!

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
Cheeks. I was in your shoes before. Three years ago. An x had an abortion (we had to sell our cellphones to pay for it..rough times). Acted all ok after. Then two weeks later bam she went cold and wanted NOTHING to do with me. I went in a SERIOUS depressive episode and left the country. Still stayed in contact with her and kept sending her money for expenses and to get a passport to leave the African Country she is in. Then again one day (when she was going to illegally cross a border) she disappeared for 3 months. I hit the wall man. I was worried, angry, scared, depressed. Focused on myself and did a masters degree in UK. She then contacted me in the UK with a UK phone number (she was in africa last time we talked, so imagine my surprise) and said that she made it into the UK. Next thing she tells me is she is engaged.

So regardless of how much pain I went through and all, she still moved on. Take it from me mate, an abortion ****s with a girls head worse than we could imagine. Just understand she is forever scarred and will have to cut u out in order for her to be ok. Accept it. Understand it. Better yourself. There.is.no.other.way!
Damn, that's depressing.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol @ cheeks. Sure is!!

This b!tch just txted me again..."how are u?"...

Silence is golden. Back from gym aka my new thing

Backwardsman

Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
Lol @ cheeks. Sure is!!

This b!tch just txted me again..."how are u?"...

Silence is golden. Back from gym aka my new thing
Keep and stay silent, delete the message and hold your head up high......

Dont even think about replying, waste of time, move on :)

stevedudley

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 14. Been hard to do the no contact. Still hurting, still thinking about her. But I feel no contact is helping. Will take a long time to get over her as we have a 2 year old son together. l am supposed to pick my son up at weekends but a family member has done the pick up so I do not see my ex. She was all dressed up like a tart as she thought I was picking my son up and wanted to make me jealous. I feel I am in control of my emotions if I do not see her. Trying to stay strong but it is hard somedays.

Amilz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should do this but I don't think I have any other choice. Girl told me she didn't want to date me, didn't want to talk to anyone including me and added she was overwhelmed with her couple months of college. She felt like I kept pressuring her to hang out and told me it was irritating her. Before I messed things up she was initiating to come see me. I don't doubt I can find someone I'm equally into but I think the regret is making it harder.

I was gonna contact her again after the semester. 2 months would move it beyond that and she might move away before then.

Amilz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
I bolded the important parts. So what if she moves away?

If you want to drive her away, keep trying to hang out, contact her, etc. She will eventually tell you off.

Scarcity creates value my good man.
How long should I make myself scarce? What if it's too long?

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Backwardsman said:
Keep and stay silent, delete the message and hold your head up high......

Dont even think about replying, waste of time, move on :)
DAY 2

YUP! didn't reply and won't to anything she does. gym helps enourmously

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 20, almost at 3 weeks. She hasn't tried to contact me since last Thursday. Little disappointed by that, but what can I do.

HW1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right with you Cheeks...
Day 22.

Been over two weeks since she contacted me. I didn't respond and nothing again. Can't get her out of my head but also not wasting any time dwelling on it.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HW1984 said:
Right with you Cheeks...
Day 22.

Been over two weeks since she contacted me. I didn't respond and nothing again. Can't get her out of my head but also not wasting any time dwelling on it.
thanks, it's good to know there's others in the trenches with me.

not that I would wish this on anyone lol

rasj1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm just sad...there is nothing i can do unless go on with my life, i'm feeling like a loser, even knowing i'm not...damn, women know how to f**k up our lives if we allow them, almost 4 weeks, in fact one month has passed since we saw each other, it hurts a lot, i'm strong with the NC, how naive i was...i didn't see the red flags, she disrespected me, and now the only thing i can do is wait for the time heals me...

Pasternak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 13 NC, a month since we last met with my exBPDgf and 4 months out if we don't count the brief recycle happened at mid january.

It's getting easier but still think about her and my replacement.

stevedudley

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 16 no contact. I am getting weak and have the urge to contact my ex. She does have someone else straight after the split but I just get these urges to give in. I know it wont change anything. we have a 2 year old son together and I miss my son so much. This is such an hard situation to cope with.

yonggg

Don Juan
Reaction score
34 days now.
she havent contacted me.

im feeling much better now.
been hitting the gym,
spinning plates.

but still sometime, those bad feeling struck again,
i remember how ungrateful she was to me,

is this normal? ive been 34 days. i thought in 30 days i will completely moved on.
i just hate her more, how could other guys here have their ex contacted at least once,
but my ex havent contacted me once.

i barely arrived to days 34. its ****ig hard

Jinni

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been reading this thread for a while, and it help me get through the toughest phase of the NC, that is the decision to execute it and the first day of it.

I'm on day 4 now.

I was in a 7 month LDR relationship with a girl that was 15 years younger than me. I would not say she played me at all, maybe except the last 1-2 months or so, or left me for some other guy, not that I know off anyway.

She was the one that convinced me for this relationship, despite the long distance and the age difference. She was loving, showing much interest by mailing, chatting, skyping every single day since we met (we met in June 2013, became a couple two months later when we met for the first time in person).

We had fights about moving together, when to move, and who moved where. Sometimes she had a harsh attitude, and I had difficulty handling it, but we could handle them all. But not the moving part, it was always an issue that never got resolved.

We had a major fight in February, and after that I never heard her say that she loved me again. That was a red flag that I should have payed more attention to, but I didn't. We reconciled and decided to continue as lovers. But during the following months the contact faded to chatting, rather than skyping, majorly because both she and I had were very busy with work. I didn't mind it, I thought it was temporary.

There are much more to tell, but three weeks ago she got fired, and was very depressed when she skyped me. She was crying and told me what happened. I did my part as a emotional tampon, which I did from time to time (but i didn't mind as I was "older and wiser"). She also said that she didn't not know where this relation was heading and and that she was ending it. I told her not to make hasty decisions and that we should talk about it later. She agreed.

We chatted for a while after the Skype conversation. She was very ignorant when she talked to me, so something triggered a reaction which made me write insults to her, stuff like she had become snobbish and selfish. She asked me to calm down, but I kept writing. I didn't call her words, but I insulted her intentionally. And I dumped her!

The next day I regretted what I have said and done. From then on I acted like real AFC and begged and begged. I mailed, I wrote messages on Facebook, Whatsapp and SMSs. So she blocked me everywhere.

We had fights before which were less serious, and I usually used to wait 2-3 days before contacting her. During those 2-3 days she would send messages, call, etc to get my attention, and I would finally give up. This time she contacted me after 2-3 days asking how I felt. She was snobby, and wrote that she would like to support me in any way if needed (I make good money, and I hardly need financial support), so i guessed she meant friendly support, so I said needed to talk to her as I was not feeling well. She said she would call, but she didn't. I got anxious and sent her a lot of messages. Finally she wrote "give it some time".

After a week I contacted her. She wrote (we are still chatting, she doesn't answer the phone) "we can be friends, and she would really like that, but she was sure we could never be a couple again". This was before I had started reading forums like this one, so I agreed to LJBF since I panicked about not meeting her ever again.

At that time I was reading advice on how to get an ex back, so it seemed reasonable to continue as friends in order to meet in person when I had the chance (I cannot visit her as often as I want because of my job). We exchanged couple of very friendly messages, but nothing else. Then I got wiser as I read postings on forums, and I decided to break the friendship.

I wrote that I saw no point in being friends if we would not talk like adults about what had happened (I'm not even sure about who dumped who). She answered in a very cold, ice cold, manner, saying that she would not care less. She was not the same person I knew and I realized the reason after further reading on the internet (my guess was she was doing this as her heart was broken badly).

I wrote that I expected no answer unless she was ready talk like adults. I got no answer to that. So I went NC on Monday without telling her. The same day she started following me on Twitter and Instagram (I had kicked her out before going NC).

On Tuesday she sent a message asking about an IT thing (I'm an IT Tech), which I ignored. Yesterday (day 3) she posts a picture on Instagram about how she had evaluated the last 8 months, and her conclusion was somewhat unclear (nothing directly about the relationship, but a quote which we both knew, about "people who stop loving would age faster"), and "the world was too small for bad feelings, and to big for learning new things). I have no idea about what she tried to say, or whether it was addressed to me or not. I didn't do anything.

I'm still blocked on everyplace except Skype, so I guess I shouldn't try to interpret anything, or maybe she's just playing me in order to get a chance to turn me down again.

It was not the best relationship when it came to showing an effort to make it work (from both sides), but it was a peaceful and happy one when it went well.

Well, day 4 it is.