The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Betterz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just broke NC with me ex after 30 or so days. She emailed wanting her stuff. I said I had sold it, and she posted some **** on facebook about it and my mother whos still friends with her shat me out from a dizzy height for being a douche.

I havent actually sold it, and in the form of being a good person my mum raised me to be I emailed my ex and told her I hadn't. Emailing her also caused alot of feelings to come up and I did confess that I really missed her but had accepted it's over and wished her all the best in her future.

I feel like **** now, NC was brining me closure as I was forgetting about her, but here I sit tonight in front of my laptop missing her now more than ever and my minds playing tricks on me "wondering if I should beg for her back" but deep down I know that's just emotions playing up and it's better to not go back to something that failed for whatever reason.

I mocked this thread at one point, for all the guys pouring their emotions out like "pussies" but I now understand what it means to have this small place on the internet that your feelings are understood and I retract those comments.

It's not easy moving on, times does heal and to everyone going through a break up where you miss her like crazy, and think she was the best thing that happened to you, I feel your pain.

Arranged for her to come her things when my mom is at my place, so I don't have to see her (will crush me) .

I've already slept with 5 girls in 35 days since breaking up her! Went on a sort of a rampage to try and get over her quicker and dissolve the pain by having meaningless sex with other girls. Feeling empty. Had love with my ex. Have nothing with these other women, no feelings - just emptiness now.

Well back to the drawing board, resuming no contact.
I think there's no better time than now to tell myself to MAN THE **** UP IT'S OVER!

Some people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Figure out what your ex was and that might help with some closure.

I lost a great woman. I think we all need to lose at least one in our lives. I'll be a bit more careful how I treat the next.

Peace out boyz!
Greetz from London

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why the f@ck do i feel this way...

i mean from what i can tell, some of you guys had good woman in your life for the majority of the time & for some reason it fell apart... so i can understand you folks missing that connection, the love you shared between yourselves!

my ex was a evil b@tch pretty much most of the time...

i really really did not feel any genuine love or a deep conection with her...

yes there was some nice loving moments (not many) but even when she was loving towards me, it kinda felt fake & put on!

just did not seem genuine

i think what i am experiencing right now is not the loss of a good woman... but just plain anger towards her & anger towards myself

thats why i come on here to vent lol

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
soulforge said:
why the f@ck do i feel this way...

i mean from what i can tell, some of you guys had good woman in your life for the majority of the time & for some reason it fell apart... so i can understand you folks missing that connection, the love you shared between yourselves!

my ex was a evil b@tch pretty much most of the time...

i really really did not feel any genuine love or a deep conection with her...

yes there was some nice loving moments (not many) but even when she was loving towards me, it kinda felt fake & put on!

just did not seem genuine

You do not hate her, you hate what she did.

i think what i am experiencing right now is not the loss of a good woman... but just plain anger towards her & anger towards myself

thats why i come on here to vent lol
You do not hate her, you hate what she did.

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
End it like Bond. James Bond!

Cali-83 said:
So during our break up I didn't beg or cry for her to stay. I just told her I understood where she was and good luck. She told me she still likes but isn't ready to be in a serious relationship at this time. I kept it short. I'm in day 7 now.
Do you think she'll contact me ever? I want her back. If she dose reach out what do I do?
Dude, she is going to contact you for sure. How does it going to take? I can't answer that for sure. But what I can guarantee you is, if you go after her, it will only make the process longer and longer up until the point that she is not going to contact you at all.

Trust me when I say, and I wish I had someone telling me this with such emphasis. BE GONE, she will get insecure without you, she might even date another dude, but she will get really insecure without you. They are emotional beings. If you leave her to chance she will be scared of the real world and will come back to you for sure.

What I can tell you for real is, She will respect you much more if you act like a grown man, and it will count some valuable points when the time comes.

What I would like to warn you though, is something that gets lost in all this 30 days, 60 days stuff, is that you are going for the long haul. And when I mean long, I mean 6 months plus long.

soulforge said:
why is it, after a break up... us guys sit here, drowning ourselves in guilt...

where did we go wrong, what could we have done better!

yet she she does not think for a moment that she might have contributed to the break up... and carries on without a f@cking care
Common mistake man. They put up an act. They are just as bad as we are, but differently from us, they have a TRUCKLOAD of friends and orbiters supporting them telling them we were s**ty boyfriends, and a HUGE line of guys just waiting in the corner for that facebook status change to single.

We usually don't have anyone to talk about, and we for sure don't have a line of girls waiting to **** us the first minute we are single.

The thing here is how you deal with it. If you do it like me, and try to fix things, being friends, telling they are nice, forgiving them. Or if you beg her back, and tell her that she is the one. Or if you curse her, and call her out for the slut she (trully) is... that's it. You lost!

Now that I see it with the eyes of experience, I'd like to think this way. (And this is insightfull as f**k)

How do you think James Bond would react to a breakup? Would he get mad? Would he yell at his bond girl? Would he beg for forgiviness??

My wild guess is that he would just put his suit on, politely say goodbye, and walk away through that door never to come back.

Do it like a grown man would do. I'm just really sorry, it took me lots of mistakes, and loads of reading to get to this point of enligthment.

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And please guys, Stop putting the blame so much on yourselfs.

You may have gotten lazy, or confortable, or fat, up until the point you were no longer a challenge. You may now understand what could you have done if you had the right knowlegde.

But think for a while. She was on the same boat as you, and haven't told you squat. Even worse, she was planning on dumping you at least a month before really doing it. She played it at least a hundred times on her head.

And yet, a week before the dump she told you she loved you more than anything else in the world.

C'mon guys. Wake up. You could have been better, but you weren't, 'cause you didn't knew stuff, 'cause we man, live a practical life. You cannot punish your own nature.

She on the other hand could have told you what was happening, how she did felt, what she thought was wrong. But what has she done? Nothing!

And you guys wanna know why. Because it is their nature. They feel. And when they stop feeling it is not right anymore. Now go ask some random girl if she feels guilty for being herself, for following her instinct, her nature. The answer will be a capital NO.

So we also should not feel guilty following ours! Peace!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
EDIT: 10 Post Limit. Jariel, this no longer is true?
Yes, this did happen, but it happened after I dumped her and said we should move on. I see now that it was very likely in retaliation (hence the special photo), because when I confronted her about it she told me "I wondered how long it would take you to get on there..." so she had anticipated me going on there and finding her profile.

It was a typical break up scenario of hurtful retaliation and ego defending.

walkingonair

Reaction score
My ex told me that he was really hurt by what my mum said about him. I couldn't go on with him feeling hurt so i made my mum write him an email to apologise. I don't know if that was a good move or not but I just wanted him to feel better knowing my family doesn't hate him.

I have gone into no contact again. I wished him well last night and i know he thinks i've become way to needy which probably pushed him away even further.

This morning I woke up again feeling so hollow, feeling like I wanted the pain to end. I'm at work and I can't even focus on my job. I'm trying, grasping at anything to make me feel better. Reading other people's stories, thinking mine isn't that bad. Knowing I can't text him or grow with him anymore. It makes me feel so sick to my stomach. I can't eat, I wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats. It's a pain I would wish on noone. I wish I could apologise to him everyday for not being enough of a support, for saying those horrible things about his family but i have to remember he cheated on me in the worst way possible and I keep thinking it's my fault. If i was better at listening, supporting and catering to him.

I feel so lost.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
falecomnetto said:
Hey guys! (And girls).
This one goes out to everyone who is feeling unsure of No Contact and to whoever gets the chance of reading this right after the break up.
Seriously, follow this advice.

It's been 4 months and two weeks since she first broke up with me. I've begged her back ten days after the first breakup, and since she still had feelings for me, she took me back, but I was not ready, she also didn't missed me enough, so it didn't last.
(Plus the fact that I've found out she was with another dude, so I've put things to and end FOR GOOD. It was a bad breakup!)

Now it has been exactly 3 months since the final breakup.

After some heavy thinking, over analysing and lots and lots of crying and speeches to myself in the mirror I've fully undestood the real effect of No Contact.

I've tried everything to get her back, and not the pathetic way of crying and calling and begging her love back. No, I've tried the PUA stuff, Relationship Rewind, Text your Ex back, the "Pro Stuff" and the more I tried, the further I've pushed her away. Up to a point that she said to a common friend, "He is still talking to me".

The thing is, she had feelings for me, she was talking about me to common friends, posting hate stuff on facebook and all that c**p. But she was not sure of her decision, and by chasing her, I reinforced her decision in her mind. I am guilty of not being with her today, because I proved her that she was right on walking away.

The point I'm trying to make is. If, in the first day that she told me she needed a break, I just went NC, she would have gotten crazy, because she still loved me by that point, and leaving her to chance, would have made her miss me like hell.

This is one of the most valuable lesson I've learned in life. Also the most expensive. They are insecure. If you do as she says, and act as a f**king man and leave, it will be a huge turn on for her.

Go No Contact in the first day. It is hard, it hurts so much, but chasing her will only make the pain longer (I'm in the forth month and it still hurts as day one) and will kill any chance of her being back to you. Now I don't even have a reason to speak to her, since she is emotionally deattached.

I know this now, and I'd kill anyone in the world to have a chance to go NC back then. I'm 5 days NC now, but I can guarantee you all. It won't be as nearly as effective as it could have been, if I was man enough to put up through my own s**t. In fact, it won't be effective at all in the matter of getting back together, 'cause now it has been more than four months, and she is living her life on her own, totally confortable in a world without me.
It will only be effective for me to get over her.

So, to sum it up, when she dumps you, thank her, smile and say goodbye. And then leave... She will not be able to handle the real world.

I know we can only learn from our mistakes, but if I could go over your house right now and slap you in the face I would.
Be Gone... and she will chase you! Trust me!

Best of Luck!

Brilliant !!!! That is exactly how it is. REPPED !!

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cali-83 said:
So during our break up I didn't beg or cry for her to stay. I just told her I understood where she was and good luck. She told me she still likes but isn't ready to be in a serious relationship at this time. I kept it short. I'm in day 7 now.
Do you think she'll contact me ever? I want her back. If she dose reach out what do I do?
NO, you THINK you want her back. I don't care what you think or say - if you get back together you'll be in this exact same position again (& you'll be in an unhappy relationship). Deep down she doesn't see you as a potential lover. If she did, you wouldn't be posting in this thread. You need to ride out this rough time with NC. Trust me - I was here not so long ago so I know how it feels (4 year close relationship). You just need to ride it out and focus on becoming happy in who you are again. When you get to the point that you can honestly look in the mirror and say "I'm happy with who I am" then you can go out after a b!tch (going about it the right way of course ;) )

Study the bible and hang around the forum. ..

P.S. If she contacts you, be polite - but tell her (using your own logic) why you don't want her. It's all about YOU at the end of the day.

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
falecomnetto said:
Do it like a grown man would do. I'm just really sorry, it took me lots of mistakes, and loads of reading to get to this point of enlightenment.
Me too, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but life has thrown this lesson up for us to learn from, if we don't learn anything from all this pain, we deserve to be sh1t on again & again by harsh, uncaring females.

It's up to us now, I know I've learned the hard way, it won't happen again.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to take this time to share how I previously got my ex back... in the hope that it might offer some inspiration or insight into how I dealt with my previous breakup.

The Break Up:

Things had been strained in our relationship for a few weeks. My girlfriend was going through a stressful situation with her divorce finances and was not her usual affectionate self. I arranged to meet her for coffee one day and she turned up late. Only moments later, she told me she couldn't stick around and had lots she needed to get on with. I was p1ssed. I felt like she was being very disrespectful and was wasting my time.

Now, we all know that a man doesn't stand for any disrespect, right? So I told her I'd leave her to it and I got up and left. I later sent her a text message telling her to get back to me when she can show me more respect. Oh yes, I'm living "the prize" mentality, I thought, I'm showing her that I'm willing to walk away.

Later that day I got a text where she picked me up on this, explained the stress she was going through and some other stuff...then she ended it by breaking up with me. She suggested I move on and meet a woman who is more suitable.

I couldn't believe what I was reading?! I never thought I'd get this from her. She was so madly in love with me! I called her up and when we spoke, she was cold. She told me she had been thinking about it all day, ran the idea of losing me through her head and she felt nothing. I could tell by her voice that she meant it too.

Wow! Talk about ripping out my heart. How could she go from being so crazy about me, so clingy and needy, to not caring? I didn't know what else to say so I basically said goodbye to her and hung up the phone.

The next day I contacted her and asked if we could talk about it over coffee. She agreed to meet with me 2 days from there, but told me not to expect anything.

The day came where we were due to meet for coffee, but just before we were due to meet she cancelled. She told me she didn't see us together any more and there was no point going over it. Ice cold!

I responded with a bitter text message, ranting at her for using me and how much sh1t I had to put up with from her and I was glad to be rid of her.

This was our last contact for 4 weeks.

Reflecting on my mistakes

I was absolutely devestated. On one hand I hated her for putting me through this, and on the other I hated myself for fvcking things up....well, you all know how it goes.

However, this whole time I was reflecting on what I'd done wrong and how she could suddenly go from wanting to see me every day, wanting to marry me to feeling "nothing".

I looked at the way I'd behaved, not just during the break up, but during the relationship, how I'd shown a lack of maturity and responsibility. I looked at some of my actions and little PUA mind games I'd tried to pull, and realised how stupid I was to think they could apply to a grown up relationship. There were things she'd been trying to tell me that I didn't see at the time, but were now becoming clear.

Too late now, I figured, but I believe it's important to learn from your mistakes. It's how we grow and evolve into better people.

Positive Thinking

I was lying on my bed crying one day, feeling overwhelmed with pain and negativity. My break up had started to infect my whole perception of life. I hated my job, hated myself and my place in life. I had no enthusiasm for my hobbies or my friends and saw no point to anything. I resented people who tried to be there for me. Good people who were just trying to help were starting to p1ss me off. I was spiralling into this chasm of depression.

Then out of nowhere I had something of a revelation. All this negativity was going on inside my mind. The world hadn't changed, my hobbies hadn't changed, nor had the people around me. What had changed was my perception of life. That one negative event had altered everything for me.

So surely, if a negativie event can inspire a negative state of mind, which then creates a negative perception of life, then by surrounding myself with positive influences, I could inspire a positive outlook on life and change reality. "Our thoughts creates our reality"...where had I heard that before?

The Law of Attraction.

I had studied this some years ago, put out a few "wishes" and got nothing before dismissing it as new age hippie bullsh1t designed to give lazy people false hope. But at that point I was actually experiencing the Law of Attraction and I was attracting a whole load of negativity!

So I decided from that day I was going to dig my heels in and refuse to spiral any further down. In fact, I was going to reverse my direction!

I stopped watching the news, started removing all negative influences from my life and began surrounding myself with inspirational videos, speeches and audio books. I started focusing on my goals and what I really want from life and I began daydreaming and meditating on that reality.

I started to look at people with more tolerance and more compassion. All those grumpy people I encounter in my day to day life, I perceived as characters in a sitcom. So instead of dragging me down, they were actually a source of amusement.

I started building Law of Attraction vision boards, studying how to achieve my goals and my mood was improving day by day. I had purpose and direction and I would go out every day and pay closer attention to the swaying of the trees, the cool air blowing through my car window, on music and the stars in the sky.

It still hurt to lose my ex, but I started to envision a reality in which we had ended a whirlwind romance. In this reality, she still loved me and I loved her, but circumstances had driven us apart. I basically, rewrote my perception of the situation and I started to feel better about it.

Seeking Closure

This positive mindset gave me a new perspective on my relationship and the break up. I realised we had one hell of a fantastic year together and I was so grateful for that. I forgave her for the hurt she had caused me and let go of the resentment.

I felt quite positive towards her and I got this idea into my head that I wanted to let her know.

I mulled it over a lot first and thought about what I would write. The thing is, if I'd contacted her under a negative mindset there would've been an underlying desperation to get her back or hidden resentment. But now I was coming from a detached and positive place and could contact her with the sole intention of seeking closure.

Getting her back

I sent her a text telling her that I understood why we needed to break up and I'm ok with it now. I explained how my emotions had settled and I had a better perspective on the situation. I told her how grateful I was to have spent the past year with her, let her know I was doing well and told her I held no hard feelings towards her and wished her the best.

Within minutes, I received a message back. She poured her heart out about how much she had been missing me, how much I meant to her and she was sorry she broke up with me. She said it wasn't my fault, it was all down to her circumstances, but she felt she couldn't contact me while I was still bitter or holding out hope of us getting back together.

She'd written me letters explaining in detail what she was going through and how much I meant to her and explained how she'd felt nothing when it first happened, but had experienced a delayed reaction and over the following days and weeks she mourned like crazy for me and reached the same lows and depression I had.

She asked if I would meet with her. We did so and I maintained my positive and detached mindset. I met her with intentions of just clearing the air and saying goodbye and that's what we did. But over the following weeks, she continued contacting me and asked me to meet again, and said she can't go on without me.

We got back together.

Premature reconciliation

Unfortunately, we fell back into the same problematic circumstances. We got back together too soon, too heavy, without addressing or changing the reasons why we broke up and we ended up repeating the same mistakes again...only this time it was much worse.

And this is where I join you now. I'm trying desperately to get back that positive mindset again that served me so well during my previous break up. One day it's going to click, I know it is.

Meanwhile, I've been reflecting on thr gratitude over the amazing relationship I shared. I've let go of the resentment and blame, I've accepted the fact that break ups are always painful, and I feel good about it.

I hope this offers some inspiration to you guys here. Let's try to aim for that positive and detached state of mind!

Blazing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going on day 12 or 13 of NC.

Just saw a pic of her and her roommate before they went to some party. It bothered me a lot more than I thought it would I have this ****ty feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

Getting to the point where although I know I shouldn't talk to her right now I want to. I miss talking to her and sharing my day. Has anyone had this kind of set back like this?

I don't have any intention of txting her or anything my whole life I've always broke down at things like this. I want to prove I can do this to better myself. Still doesn't stop my mind from wandering. Guess I'm just feeling kinda down tonight

walkingonair

Reaction score
Jariel said:
I'm going to take this time to share how I previously got my ex back... in the hope that it might offer some inspiration or insight into how I dealt with my previous breakup.

The Break Up:

Things had been strained in our relationship for a few weeks. My girlfriend was going through a stressful situation with her divorce finances and was not her usual affectionate self. I arranged to meet her for coffee one day and she turned up late. Only moments later, she told me she couldn't stick around and had lots she needed to get on with. I was p1ssed. I felt like she was being very disrespectful and was wasting my time.

Now, we all know that a man doesn't stand for any disrespect, right? So I told her I'd leave her to it and I got up and left. I later sent her a text message telling her to get back to me when she can show me more respect. Oh yes, I'm living "the prize" mentality, I thought, I'm showing her that I'm willing to walk away.

Later that day I got a text where she picked me up on this, explained the stress she was going through and some other stuff...then she ended it by breaking up with me. She suggested I move on and meet a woman who is more suitable.

I couldn't believe what I was reading?! I never thought I'd get this from her. She was so madly in love with me! I called her up and when we spoke, she was cold. She told me she had been thinking about it all day, ran the idea of losing me through her head and she felt nothing. I could tell by her voice that she meant it too.

Wow! Talk about ripping out my heart. How could she go from being so crazy about me, so clingy and needy, to not caring? I didn't know what else to say so I basically said goodbye to her and hung up the phone.

The next day I contacted her and asked if we could talk about it over coffee. She agreed to meet with me 2 days from there, but told me not to expect anything.

The day came where we were due to meet for coffee, but just before we were due to meet she cancelled. She told me she didn't see us together any more and there was no point going over it. Ice cold!

I responded with a bitter text message, ranting at her for using me and how much sh1t I had to put up with from her and I was glad to be rid of her.

This was our last contact for 4 weeks.

Reflecting on my mistakes

I was absolutely devestated. On one hand I hated her for putting me through this, and on the other I hated myself for fvcking things up....well, you all know how it goes.

However, this whole time I was reflecting on what I'd done wrong and how she could suddenly go from wanting to see me every day, wanting to marry me to feeling "nothing".

I looked at the way I'd behaved, not just during the break up, but during the relationship, how I'd shown a lack of maturity and responsibility. I looked at some of my actions and little PUA mind games I'd tried to pull, and realised how stupid I was to think they could apply to a grown up relationship. There were things she'd been trying to tell me that I didn't see at the time, but were now becoming clear.

Too late now, I figured, but I believe it's important to learn from your mistakes. It's how we grow and evolve into better people.

Positive Thinking

I was lying on my bed crying one day, feeling overwhelmed with pain and negativity. My break up had started to infect my whole perception of life. I hated my job, hated myself and my place in life. I had no enthusiasm for my hobbies or my friends and saw no point to anything. I resented people who tried to be there for me. Good people who were just trying to help were starting to p1ss me off. I was spiralling into this chasm of depression.

Then out of nowhere I had something of a revelation. All this negativity was going on inside my mind. The world hadn't changed, my hobbies hadn't changed, nor had the people around me. What had changed was my perception of life. That one negative event had altered everything for me.

So surely, if a negativie event can inspire a negative state of mind, which then creates a negative perception of life, then by surrounding myself with positive influences, I could inspire a positive outlook on life and change reality. "Our thoughts creates our reality"...where had I heard that before?

The Law of Attraction.

I had studied this some years ago, put out a few "wishes" and got nothing before dismissing it as new age hippie bullsh1t designed to give lazy people false hope. But at that point I was actually experiencing the Law of Attraction and I was attracting a whole load of negativity!

So I decided from that day I was going to dig my heels in and refuse to spiral any further down. In fact, I was going to reverse my direction!

I stopped watching the news, started removing all negative influences from my life and began surrounding myself with inspirational videos, speeches and audio books. I started focusing on my goals and what I really want from life and I began daydreaming and meditating on that reality.

I started to look at people with more tolerance and more compassion. All those grumpy people I encounter in my day to day life, I perceived as characters in a sitcom. So instead of dragging me down, they were actually a source of amusement.

I started building Law of Attraction vision boards, studying how to achieve my goals and my mood was improving day by day. I had purpose and direction and I would go out every day and pay closer attention to the swaying of the trees, the cool air blowing through my car window, on music and the stars in the sky.

It still hurt to lose my ex, but I started to envision a reality in which we had ended a whirlwind romance. In this reality, she still loved me and I loved her, but circumstances had driven us apart. I basically, rewrote my perception of the situation and I started to feel better about it.

Seeking Closure

This positive mindset gave me a new perspective on my relationship and the break up. I realised we had one hell of a fantastic year together and I was so grateful for that. I forgave her for the hurt she had caused me and let go of the resentment.

I felt quite positive towards her and I got this idea into my head that I wanted to let her know.

I mulled it over a lot first and thought about what I would write. The thing is, if I'd contacted her under a negative mindset there would've been an underlying desperation to get her back or hidden resentment. But now I was coming from a detached and positive place and could contact her with the sole intention of seeking closure.

Getting her back

I sent her a text telling her that I understood why we needed to break up and I'm ok with it now. I explained how my emotions had settled and I had a better perspective on the situation. I told her how grateful I was to have spent the past year with her, let her know I was doing well and told her I held no hard feelings towards her and wished her the best.

Within minutes, I received a message back. She poured her heart out about how much she had been missing me, how much I meant to her and she was sorry she broke up with me. She said it wasn't my fault, it was all down to her circumstances, but she felt she couldn't contact me while I was still bitter or holding out hope of us getting back together.

She'd written me letters explaining in detail what she was going through and how much I meant to her and explained how she'd felt nothing when it first happened, but had experienced a delayed reaction and over the following days and weeks she mourned like crazy for me and reached the same lows and depression I had.

She asked if I would meet with her. We did so and I maintained my positive and detached mindset. I met her with intentions of just clearing the air and saying goodbye and that's what we did. But over the following weeks, she continued contacting me and asked me to meet again, and said she can't go on without me.

We got back together.

Premature reconciliation

Unfortunately, we fell back into the same problematic circumstances. We got back together too soon, too heavy, without addressing or changing the reasons why we broke up and we ended up repeating the same mistakes again...only this time it was much worse.

And this is where I join you now. I'm trying desperately to get back that positive mindset again that served me so well during my previous break up. One day it's going to click, I know it is.

Meanwhile, I've been reflecting on thr gratitude over the amazing relationship I shared. I've let go of the resentment and blame, I've accepted the fact that break ups are always painful, and I feel good about it.

I hope this offers some inspiration to you guys here. Let's try to aim for that positive and detached state of mind!
Thank you for this.

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Blazing said:
Going on day 12 or 13 of NC.

Just saw a pic of her and her roommate before they went to some party. It bothered me a lot more than I thought it would I have this ****ty feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

This happened to me many times, I ended up deleting, removing, binning everything that could possibly have me feeling like this.

Getting to the point where although I know I shouldn't talk to her right now I want to. I miss talking to her and sharing my day. Has anyone had this kind of set back like this?

Yes every single day, it's a killer, but you have to go through this & come out the other side, it's horrible, don't fight it, go with it, it might not seem like it now, but it does get easier, try & keep occupied.

I don't have any intention of txting her or anything my whole life I've always broke down at things like this. I want to prove I can do this to better myself. Still doesn't stop my mind from wandering. Guess I'm just feeling kinda down tonight.

Stay with this mindset & you'll be OK.
Make like a ghost & disappear, it is the hardest thing you will have to do, but try to do it ASAP.

Cali-83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 9 and I'm doing ok. The hard part is she lives right underneath me so she is always on my mind. I'm sure I will run into her soon which is going to be tough to play it off like everything is cool and I'm doing great.

I want her back in my life we never fought we always had fun. I miss spending time with her and I hope she's feeling the same about me. The thought of her with someone else kills me but I need to be a man and think about what I can control and that's me.

Help me with any words of advice to stay strong.

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cali-83 said:
Day 9 and I'm doing ok. The hard part is she lives right underneath me so she is always on my mind. I'm sure I will run into her soon which is going to be tough to play it off like everything is cool and I'm doing great.

I want her back in my life we never fought we always had fun. I miss spending time with her and I hope she's feeling the same about me. The thought of her with someone else kills me but I need to be a man and think about what I can control and that's me.

Help me with any words of advice to stay strong.
You have to avoid her at all costs, like you fell off the earth or plain just disappeared. You will probably have to be like this not for weeks, but for months, nobody knows for sure, try to forget about her for now & move on with your life - I know this is easier said than done, as I'm struggling with this bit, 3 months approx. I've not had any contact with her, I know being like a 'ghost' is the only way of having any affect on her, if at all.

Stay strong.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 39:

I've been feeling very good the last couple of days. I haven't had a low mood for 2 days and even then it was shortlived and not too painful. I had a really upsetting dream last night, but woke up and shrugged it off.

As I suggested in my previous post, I am watching a lot of videos on The Law of Attraction and positive thinking, and it's doing me a lot of good. And yet, I'm also channelling my feelings into anger, listening to death metal and working out hard. Feeling like a man again.

I had such a good laugh at work too and I realised just how charismatic I am when I'm in good spirits.

I must say, one of the exercises that has helped me most with my recovery lately is writing my closure letter. It's giving me chance to get a lot of things off my mind and to compose myself with dignity and acceptance.

The letter started off full of excuses, blame, emotions and there was an underlying sense that I was trying to get her back. This is why I vowed not to send it until 90 days NC...if at all. As the days have passed, i've been revising it and it's a lot more detached and accepting, and no hint at wanting her back. It's just a chance for me to wrap the relationship up in a more positive way before moving on.

Taking this attitude has given me such a huge sense of relief. I'm no longer forcing myself to think negatively of her or list reasons we shouldn't be together, or force myself to stop thinking of her, or desperately trying to find distractions etc. I'm just accepting the loss and appreciating the time we spent together.

Contrails

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's good to hear Jariel, keep it up.

I ended up banging some other chick who's was actually better in bed that the ex. But at times I pretended that I was with the ex and I was really going for it!

Woke up this morning with texts from two different girls and one naked girl beside me. Needless to say I had a big smile on my face for the rest of the day. Just gotta have more days like these, goals to accomplish and slowly we creep out of 'mess of the ex'.

Cali-83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 10

Now on day 10 I'm getting some acceptance that we both did nothing wrong. I'm not mad at her she was not in the place to give and I deserve someone that can. I hope she finds her way soon and realizes that we did have a really good thing going.

I've been working on myself and just have to accept that she may never come back and I'm strong enough to carry on and find someone looking for the same thing I'm looking for. Have a good day everyone stay strong.

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Contrails said:
That's good to hear Jariel, keep it up.

I ended up banging some other chick who's was actually better in bed that the ex. But at times I pretended that I was with the ex and I was really going for it!

Woke up this morning with texts from two different girls and one naked girl beside me. Needless to say I had a big smile on my face for the rest of the day. Just gotta have more days like these, goals to accomplish and slowly we creep out of 'mess of the ex'.
Luck b'stard, well jell!

Keep up the good work!