The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Blazing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
She has made contact!

This evening my ex sent me a text. She has poured out her feelings, saying how much she has been missing me and she still loves me so much and has never felt this way about anyone before.

It's exactly what I've been wanting to hear for so long, I'm just taken aback and don't really know what to do. Obviously, I'm not planning to rush back to her like nothing happened, but if she wants to talk I'm willing to listen and keep an open mind.

I'll keep you posted.
Not to sound like I'm lecturing or anything, but don't get too caught up in everything. You felt like **** when you broke up and you obviously broke up for a reason. Just watch out and don't make the same mistakes twice bro.

In other news since my ex doesn't have my number because she apparently dropped her phone in water she favorites my tweets on twitter. Kind of odd since this is usually about the same mark that she broke down and contacted me the last time this happened but oh well. Spent the weekend out of town with some friends and I'm slowly feeling more positive, going to give this laws of attraction stuff a shot after my midterms

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I need the objective advice right now to stop me doing anything stupid.

I learned a lot from my break up, so I really need to remember those lessons. I also have to consider if I really want her back or if I just missed her because she was unavailable. If I do give it another try, it will be on my terms.

Blazing: favouriting your tweets sounds like a little hint for you to make contact. When she's ready to contact you directly, she'll find a way. Just keep doing what you're doing mate.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Thanks guys. I need the objective advice right now to stop me doing anything stupid.

I learned a lot from my break up, so I really need to remember those lessons. I also have to consider if I really want her back or if I just missed her because she was unavailable. If I do give it another try, it will be on my terms.

Blazing: favouriting your tweets sounds like a little hint for you to make contact. When she's ready to contact you directly, she'll find a way. Just keep doing what you're doing mate.

hi mate... i am happy for you... play this by ear & think things through, you have the power now!

in my case i am not sure what to do... i changed my mobile number, but i still have my old sim card... so i can go back & check if she has texted me

also i have not checked my email in nearly a month, so i don't even know if she has tried to contact me...

for all i know, she could be reaching out to me!

the reason why i blocked her in every way is.... in the past she has sent me hurtful text messages & emails, claiming she will be seeing other guys & just bieng cruel

once she claimed she had been faking orgasms with me for the last 8 months of the relationship... she does say hurtful things

also there is a chance she might be seeing this other dude & i would not be surprised if she rubs my face in it...

what should i do guys, stay off the radar? or checks phone & emails ?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh by the way, this is probably our 5th break up... pretty much every break up with her, is due to her behaving in a disrespectful way

Blazing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:

Thank you sir. It was only one tweet but it's been just over 2 weeks of NC. So I get the feeling she's obviously been checking into what I'm doing. The last time we went NC she broke done after 2 weeks. I'm not big on false hope so of course it could be just a girl being random. But we shall see

Azar

Reaction score
Oh im sorry i didnt know were doin the exclusive thing dnt bother calling in six months that aint gonna work again

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soulforge said:
how many of you would you get back with your ex if she wanted you back right now?

i wouldn't even know if she wanted me back, as i changed my number, and blocked email
I think mine does for various reasons (she's been in close contact with my mom and my mom is asking me random questions about her).

Would I have her back ??? I'd rather carry on wank1ng in a sock....

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
A lot of guys here really push guys into the rebound date/fvck, but it rarely helps. I was chatting to a new girl until a week ago and thought it would help me move on, but I didn't feel the chemistry and kept thinking how much easier it was to connect with my ex.

Unfortunately, when a date or new prospect doesn't work out, it will often make you want to run back to your ex.

But no, you didn't make a mistake in dumping her. Everyone who knows your story and how it's affected you agrees that you needed to let her go.

What you're going through now is the same as we're all going through...it's not her you want back, you just want the pain to end and to feel happy again, and you believe she's the only person who has control over that.

SOOOOO TRUE

but still can't help but think whether or not she is getting some other blokes c0ck ramming her... I think that is all that is really getting to me. yeah sure I get annoyed about the breakup and think that I want her back but over all I just have the feeling of anger about her sleeping with some one else.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She messaged me again today to say she was drunk and didn't mean to be so soppy. She said we did the right thing ending things, but she wants to talk and clear the air.

Think she's after an ego boost?

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
She messaged me again today to say she was drunk and didn't mean to be so soppy. She said we did the right thing ending things, but she wants to talk and clear the air.

Don't know. Who cares though ? Your problem is that you're over analysing the break-up way toooooo much. It is what it is. You wouldn't of broke up in the first place if things were OK.

Go and look at yourself in the mirror and at knowledge all the pain she has put you through. You're better than this.

Stop thinking and start acting I.E. Start getting on with your life without her. You need to find things you enjoy doing to get your focus back in check.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's asking to meet for a drink to talk and tell me all that's been going through her mind. Think I should just resume no contact?

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF man, are you really this weak minded ???? For times like this it's OK to break NC - only to politely tell her to f*ck off though. Get straight to the point and leave it as that. This kind of sh1t holds you back.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:

so she has basicly back tracked on what she said in the earlier text & put it down to bieng drunk!

she admits, that it was the right thing to do, by ending things..

does not sound like she wants reconciliation... bread crumbs!

what will you gain from meeting her? other than it slowing down your healing process.. this is defo breadcrumbs

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i decided to leave dating alone for a while... had a couple of dates this week & just felt zero connection to them...

it made me miss my ex alot more, to the point where last night i really wanted to see if you has emailed me or sent me a text.. i even thought about contacting her... jeez!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simple question guys?

currently me ex cannot contact me, as i have removed the sim card from my phone & i have not checked my email address since we broke up

would i be taking a risk by checking my email? and seeing if she has sent me some text messages?

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't bother with anything that links you mentally to her. It will just prolong the process.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
She's asking to meet for a drink to talk and tell me all that's been going through her mind. Think I should just resume no contact?
Sorry, sounds like friend zone to me. She probably had a rough night out and the dude she's chasing is giving her a hard time. Tell her you're busy and don't think there's anything to talk about. You don't want to "clear the air". And you don't want to get back with her until she's changed. Let her chase you some more.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
soulforge said:
simple question guys?

currently me ex cannot contact me, as i have removed the sim card from my phone & i have not checked my email address since we broke up

would i be taking a risk by checking my email? and seeing if she has sent me some text messages?
I'm sure if she really wanted to contact you she would find a way.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today has been a total headfvck!

She has admitted that she meant every word in her drunk text, she misses me, she loves me and said she'd give anything to experience the sex and intimacy again, but then apologised and said she should never have brought it all up again.

Edit: I started to pick up hints in what she was saying and I asked her straight if she wants to be fvck buddies. She said it's something she'd definitely consider if I was up for the idea.

Last edited:

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
This one isn't a challenge. You couldn't pay me to talk to her.

She said she loved me and still cares about me and would consider talking to me in a few weeks. I texted and called too much begging and pleading. She then made me out to be crazy.

I quit my job where she works, unfriended her, deleted her number. Done.